Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tonight ROH returns to iPPV with All Star Extravaganza 6. I'm not personally psyched for the main event, but the other main matches look spectacular.

quote:

Ring of Honor Presents:
ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA VI
Saturday, September 6th, 2014 - 7:30pm
Mattamy Athletic Centre at the Gardens
50 Carlton Street - TORONTO, ONT

ROH World Championship
"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs Jay Briscoe

When Jay Briscoe finally won the ROH World Title, it was a huge victory for all of a Ring of Honor. Jay has been here since day one and his success reflects the growth and the legacy of ROH. But Jay's reign was cut short due to a shoulder injury. Eventually, Adam Cole was crowned champion in a tournament - but Jay Briscoe insists he never actually lost the title. And he has yet to be pinned in an ROH ring since he returned.

Now that Michael Elgin has won the championship, he's opened his defenses up to any and all former champions. Jay Briscoe is more than happy to step in and win back the title he claims he never lost! Elgin and Briscoe were in a 4 Way World Title match at FIELD OF HONOR, but Briscoe wasn't involved in the fall. Now Jay Briscoe finally gets his one-on-one title opportunity at ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA!

This is a match demanded not just by the men involved, but the fans as well. Elgin has sworn to be the most competitive fighting champion in the history of ROH. But in the eyes of Jay Briscoe, that historic ROH World Title lineage has a huge blemish on it - he never lost his belt. And to Jay, Elgin can't call himself the champion until he beats him.

- 2 out of 3 falls for the ROH World Tag Team Championship
reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) vs The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)

Back at the history making ROH/NJPW event WAR OF THE WORLDS, reDRagon regained the ROH World Tag Team Titles by defeating The Young Bucks. This was no ordinary match. This was a showcase of the best tag team wrestling in the world and truly something special. Many in attendance and watching at home immediately touted the encounter as their match of the year - and quite possibly one of the best ROH matches of all time!

Matt and Nick Jackson have ushered in a new era of tag wrestling all around the world. Their exciting style and mindblowing combinations are unlike anything else in professional wrestling. But while The Bucks have been "making towns" around the world, Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly were honing their game and emerging as the other preeminent team on the planet.

Signed for ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA VI: reDRagon vs. The Young Bucks...2 out of 3 falls! That's right. Not only will the World Tag Team Titles be on the line, this match will be contested under 2/3 Falls Rules. Just when you think this match is over, it's really only beginning!

- No Time Limit for the ROH World TV Title
Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini vs ACH

It's the World Television Title match everyone is talking about! On ROH TV, ACH challenged Jay Lethal for the TV Title in one of the most athletic and exciting matches in the history of the show. It has to be seen to be believed! Unfortunately for ACH (and fortunately for the House of Truth), the bout had an announced 30 minute time limit - which expired before a winner was determined.

The time limit draw sounded after both Selezyia and Truth Martini had been ejected from ringside due to interference and even after Lethal himself considered taking his belt and running home. But through it all, ACH kept fighting and the rabid fans kept cheering him on. Had he gotten just a few more minutes, would he be champion today?

Just as fans demanded "five more minutes," Nigel McGuinness has looked into the TV title draw and made a decision. This match was so spectacular and so competitive that is deserves a rematch. But this time, there will be no draw. There MUST be a winner at ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA 6!

- "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs Adam Cole

Current IWGP Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles vs. former ROH World Champion Adam Cole! This has been a match everyone has been begging to see from the moment Styles returned to Ring of Honor. Styles and Cole were both participants in the 4 Way Survival title match at FIELD OF HONOR, but this is their first singles encounter! AJ Styles has been making his way through all the top stars of ROH, but he's yet to face one of the fastest ringing stars in the world, Adam Cole.

Cole, meanwhile, has been reshaping his career after losing the World Title, focusing on his new alliance with Michael Bennett and The Kingdom. And that new focus took him all the way to New Japan Pro Wrestling, where Styles has been leading the pack. This is a huge match for Adam Cole in terms of international visibility and acclaim. And Styles remains one of the most athletic and exciting pro wrestlers on the entire planet. Some people will term this one a "dream match" and it's all going down on September 6th at the Maple Leaf Gardens!

- Grudge Tag Team Match
Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian vs The Decade's Roderick Strong & Jimmy Jacobs

In professional wrestling, loyalty is hard to come by. Alliances are formed only to be destroyed weeks later, partners betray each other every day over championships...and there's no real reward for loyalty. At least, that's the philosophy of The Decade right now. Jimmy Jacobs and Roderick Strong are each former tag team champions. They have weathered the storm as others have come and gone - using ROH as a stepping stone, if you listen to The Decade.

Recently, the tag team scene got an injection of new blood with the much anticipated addition of "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian. In their very first ROH match at BEST IN THE WORLD, Daniels and Kazarian challenged reDRagon for the ROH World Tag Team Titles. More recently, at FIELD OF HONOR, they took on reDRagon for the titles once again - and can blame The Decade for contributing to their loss.

Now these two teams will have the chance to battle each other in an ROH ring! On September 6th at ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA, "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and his partner Frankie Kazarian will take on The Decade as represented by Jimmy Jacobs and Roderick Strong! In terms of experience and accomplishments, these are four of the most established athletes on the entire ROH roster. You don't want to miss this! And you can see it LIVE both in Toronto and on iPPV!

- Battle of The Breakout Stars
Cedric Alexander vs "The Last Real Man" Silas Young

When you look at Silas Young and Cedric Alexander, your initial reaction probably doesn't see a whole lot of similarities.

Cedric is explosive and engaging, with crowds behind him in every city. He's young in his career - just getting started. Silas Young, on the other hand, is a cagey, grizzled veteran of the ropes. He doesn't care one way or the other if the fans support him. Two very different athletes walking two very different paths.

But when you look a little closer, are those paths all that different? Both men are watching their stock rise in ROH with every single match they have. In fact, both men are right now hot off World Title matches - the biggest challenges in their careers. And while neither was successful in snagging the title, both Alexander and Young proved they have what it takes to hang in championship competition.

Two breakout stars will collide at ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA! Alexander and Young are now confirmed to go one-on-one in Toronto. This will be an obvious clash in attitudes and styles - there's no telling what these two will dish out!

- Mark Briscoe vs Hanson

An increasingly heated rivalry between The Briscoes and War Machine has been rocking every ROH event. In the beginning, most fans probably saw a brand new, hungry tag team trying their luck against Ring of Honor's most legendary unit of all time. But it became apparent very quickly that whatever they lacked in experience as a team, Hanson and Rowe could fill in a lot of blanks with "power" and "violence."

The next singles opportunity for Hanson will be in Toronto versus Mark Briscoe! This rivalry will continue - and now it's going global! Hanson is still constantly looking to prove that himself in ROH. When you are early into your Ring of Honor career, every single match is a critical chance to show your peers and the fans that you belong among the best professional wrestlers on the planet. This is a giant opportunity for Hanson regardless of the issues between him and his opponent...but when you factor that intensity in, Toronto better get ready for a battle!

- Four Corner Survival Match
BJ Whitmer & Adam Page vs Josh Alexander & Ethan Gabriel Owens vs Caprice Coleman & Watanabe vs RD Evans & Moose w/ Veda Scott

It's Tag Team Survival in Toronto! Four of the hottest new tag teams in ROH will battle each other at ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA. Each one of these teams is trying to move to the next level and compete for titles. Every win matters! And when the tag scene is this competitive, a huge four corner match is definitely going to rock the Mattamy Athletic Centre.

In one corner, The Decade will be represented by Adam Page and BJ Whitmer. Across the ring will be a newer team: Caprice Coleman and Takaaki Watanabe. Also entered into the fray will be the team of Ethan Gabriel Owens and Josh Alexander. This team has been making waves in ROH, taking on high level competition and impressing in every outing. And finally, #TheNewStreak has found a new ally in MOOSE, who teams with R.D. Evans in Toronto.

- Plus an important announcement from Michael Bennett and Maria Kanellis!

The important announcement: Silas Young broke his leg so it's going to be Mikey Bennett vs Cedric instead.

You can order the iPPV here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/ippv It's $20.

You know Bucks vs reDRagon is going to be great. You know Cole vs AJ will be great but you might not know ACH vs Lethal is going to be great. They recently had a tremendous match on ROH TV and if this match is as good as that this show will be well worth your money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The tag match is closing the show

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm very excited for this show.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Looks like a cool show, hope I can see it live and that ROH's site doesn't poop itself. Ustream is still handling the stream though so I hope that is okay.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Let's go bucks hit a meltzer driver.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

very excited for this show

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'm not seeing this on my friend's provider, is this only an iPPV?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

John Cena posted:

I'm not seeing this on my friend's provider, is this only an iPPV?

Yep, via ROH's website.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
free preview, i guess testing the connection. video is really tiny though? http://www.rohwrestling.com/content/ase-6-free-preview

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

bummed that Ohio State is playing the same time this show's on because it looks awesome.

e: lol is Maria pregnant?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

bummed that Ohio State is playing the same time this show's on because it looks awesome.

e: lol is Maria pregnant?

Captain New Japan is the father.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is a suitable replacement.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I was told this was ACH. This is not ACH.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i was getting dinner where the gently caress is ACH

cedric is still really cool and deserves it though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

disappointed no ACH but I'd rather see cedric vs lethal than cedric vs bennett

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh hey, haven't watched ROH in far too long, how do their iPPVs run nowadays? Right now the quality looks amazing.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also the stream is perfect for me so I hope this is the ippv model for all the indies and njpw going forward

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

need to change your name hanson. and your tag team name

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Oh hey, haven't watched ROH in far too long, how do their iPPVs run nowadays? Right now the quality looks amazing.

probably around three hours of actual show and then another 15-20 for intermission

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DQ for going over the top rope :laugh:

Edit:

oatgan posted:

probably around three hours?

I actually meant in terms of quality. Their old iPPVs were notoriously awful in terms of lag, quality drops or interruption of the feed.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

DQ for going over the top rope :laugh:

Edit:

I actually meant in terms of quality. Their old iPPVs were notoriously awful in terms of lag, quality drops or interruption of the feed.

oh. All the stuff through UStream runs perfectly with good video quality

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is the third they've run with ustream and it's been v good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Maria has a stack of 8x10s of Shawn Stasiak under her trenchcoat? :ohdear:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

why is Hanson losing to Mark Briscoe

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

sucks to hear about ACH-Lethal but I'm going to the next show in Wheeling, so hopefully they run it there!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Knock this chump's head off, Nigel!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

beat his rear end, Ciampa

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nice flip flops tomasso

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's right, you back down from Mr. McGuinness :colbert:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ethan owens lookin p soft

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

When did Ethan Page change his name

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

When did Ethan Page change his name

when his semi-pushed opponent was named Adam Page

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

caprice got good music

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Now here is a tag team.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

the team of Rush Hour 4

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rush Hour 4

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

please call them Rush Hour 4

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MOOSE

MOOSE

MOOSE

MOOSE

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

push Ramon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

do work, Ramon

• Locked thread