Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Kevin Durand is also the best character in stargate sg1 so I wasn't surprised to see him be 100% more cool than everyone else combined.

Jesus christ the lady CDC doc is a fuckin TERRIBLE actress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Whispering Machines posted:

I'm wondering where they're gonna go with hacker chick, though. She's a new addition (there was still the hacking/takedown of networks in the books, but it's hardly brought up in more than passing), so I'm wondering if she'll just be part of their misfit group of vampire hunters and sometimes come in handy (presumably while she hacks the planet from her iphone or something equally silly) or just die in the next few episodes.
She is the link to the old, ill multi billionaire.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
What happened to the old lady with Alzheimer's? Last thing I remember is that her daughter took her to Setrakian's hiding place at the end of "Occultation". Is she still there? Is she Setrakians love interest? Will there be a love triangle with her, Setrakian and the brain in a jar?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I imagine he'll replace Grandma Nora's brain with his wife's one, seeing as how Nananora doesn't really have one at the moment.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

TheChad posted:

Kevin Durand is also the best character in stargate sg1 so I wasn't surprised to see him be 100% more cool than everyone else combined.

Jesus christ the lady CDC doc is a fuckin TERRIBLE actress.

Cliff Simon :colbert:

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Senjuro posted:

Requesting a gif of the bit where Vasiliy looks at the gas options and chooses premium. Never mind, found it.

Yes. This kind of thing is why this show works. People in serious situations taking brief moments to crack wise or think about something completely irrelevant. In a bad show, he would have just slapped randomly at the pump and it would start running immediately. That slight pause for Vasiliy to decide to use premium, not because it's better for burning, but because he's using Eph's credit card so gently caress it, is some great characterization.

I definitely agree that the show needs to switch the focus from Eph to Vasiliy and Setrakian, though. Those dudes are awesome. I look forward to them running into the vampire SWAT team.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"

sicDaniel posted:

What happened to the old lady with Alzheimer's? Last thing I remember is that her daughter took her to Setrakian's hiding place at the end of "Occultation". Is she still there? Is she Setrakians love interest? Will there be a love triangle with her, Setrakian and the brain in a jar?

It is her heart in a jar. Becuase he is a romantic.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
He really loves the worms that are in the heart.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is the character who plays hospice nurse to the rich guy going to be developed anymore? The actor playing him is a pretty legit actor imo (the roles he normally plays on TV at least) which lends itself to him maybe having a bigger role?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Holyshoot posted:

Is the character who plays hospice nurse to the rich guy going to be developed anymore? The actor playing him is a pretty legit actor imo (the roles he normally plays on TV at least) which lends itself to him maybe having a bigger role?

The black dude? Yeah, he seems like he should have more going on with his character.

Here's hoping.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Roger Cross is the man

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Drifter posted:

The black dude? Yeah, he seems like he should have more going on with his character.

Here's hoping.

Major book spoilers:
He gets turned into a vamp and we never see him again

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I believe he's in every show filmed in Canada ever.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

Maybe he is the son of the president or something. You don't get a permit to film in Canada unless you hire him.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rurea posted:

Major book spoilers:
He gets turned into a vamp and we never see him again

son of a-

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I was watching some random episode of X-Files right now and he popped up. Maybe his dad really is the CEO of Canada

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
He's on Continuum and rules there, of course. His character has a reason to be emotionally shallow and he still manages to make the character awesome. Him telling Kiera that she's the bad guy and he's the hero at the end of season 2, when they were dueling with suits, was goddamned amazing.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Hasn't been on suits yet.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Many of the minor roles are filled with people who should have been in major roles and vice versa. Like Lesley Hope (woman who tried to eat her kids and was killed by vamp swat) should have had a bigger role while Corey Stoll & Mia Maestro should have been extras.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

wormil posted:

Many of the minor roles are filled with people who should have been in major roles and vice versa. Like Lesley Hope (woman who tried to eat her kids and was killed by vamp swat) should have had a bigger role while Corey Stoll & Mia Maestro should have been extras.

Who is Lesley Hope? or rather, why should she have had a major role?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Hey Matt, it's time for your body and head to have a trial separation

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
That kid needed better direction. Good god. It's Star Wars episode 1 all over again.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Nobody getting this is a travesty, well done.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
This show's no HBO, I'll tell you that much. :heysexy::wink:

Swiggity swooty, she got da booty, tho'.

vvv - hacker girl? yeah. It's nice to not have that 'is she the traitor?' bullshit stuff.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 8, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like that she's not dragging out the reveal of her part in this.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo the Master looks hardcore. Kinda goofy, but 100% metal. :black101:

yessssssss

And those are some mickey mouse size hands, too. Ahaha.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I always forget this show is on until about 15 minutes before the end of an episode. :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that they skipped pretty much all of The Master's backstory. Like why he's a giant dude and the meaning of the cane.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - His backstory's that he's probably just old as gently caress, as has kept on slowly changing since he's still a living creature.

CVagts posted:

I always forget this show is on until about 15 minutes before the end of an episode. :(

That's the best part of the show, right near the end.

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
God Eph you are just the worst

I like the design of The Master, but his movement looks goofy as hell. It's too skittery and frantic.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of weird that they skipped pretty much all of The Master's backstory. Like why he's a giant dude and the meaning of the cane.

They haven't skipped that. In the books, you don't really learn the origin of the Master and his current situation until like halfway through book 2.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I also forgot that the show immediately replays after it's over. So I can watch the first 45 minutes!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's been a while since I read the books but doesn't the first book talk about Sardu?

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?

Psyker posted:

They haven't skipped that. In the books, you don't really learn the origin of the Master and his current situation until like halfway through book 2.

They explain his huge body in the first chapter of the first book and then the batshit angels and demons origins poo poo in the third.

What did you guys think of the Masters Nosferatu meets Voldemort face?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I like how the kid and the hacker are fully onboard the 'they are vampires' train right away. Makes a nice break from the police who are just painfully hilarious to watch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They explain his huge body in the first chapter of the first book and then the batshit angels and demons origins poo poo in the third.

They might be leaving out the first part to make it more of a surprise when he switches bodies.

As for the Master's face, I thought it was fine. It was a little goofy because of his giant head but that's probably the only time we'll ever really see it that clearly so not really a big deal.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
It seems a bit weird to have the ending be a flashback of something that we already know happened, but at least we know that this is what Eldritch Palmer wants: to be a direct "descendant" of the Master.

Book spoiler: I haven't read the books yet, but I have come to understand that the Master kills Palmer, and does not, in fact, make him one of his own. Is there a stated reason for this, since Palmer has done everything they've wanted?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

CVagts posted:

Book spoiler: I haven't read the books yet, but I have come to understand that the Master kills Palmer, and does not, in fact, make him one of his own. Is there a stated reason for this, since Palmer has done everything they've wanted?

Well he certainly could keep up his end of the bargain, but then again, what's really stopping him from welching on any deal made with a normal human?

There's certainly shades of this when he turned Eichorst, the Master seemed to do it more out of personal amusement than seeing any value in him

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CVagts posted:

Palmer in the book demands the master to turn him, threatens him even, so the master tears off his head. He forgot that it is what The Master wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

I loved it. If there's one thing that Del Toro does inarguably well it's creature design, and this one did not disappoint for me. I found the Master's huge face creepy as gently caress and I like how he's so giant and alien looking. It's a pretty cool and original design for a vampire imo.

• Locked thread