Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

This is Vashta Nerada, the runt of the litter of six motherless kittens my fiancee found in our neighborhood last night. We're probably not keeping any of them, but this one would be the one I kept if I could.

Sorry for the blurriness - it was, like, 3am, we were still working on getting one of his siblings to come out from a gap in the bathroom cabinet that we didn't know existed, and he was being a squirmy little thing (hence the very odd position in my hand).

Update:

We did, in fact, "keep" him. He went to live with his siblings at the foster while we got the house ready for him, and he came home to stay today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Update:

We did, in fact, "keep" him. He went to live with his siblings at the foster while we got the house ready for him, and he came home to stay today.

Aww, he's moved onto the Lanky rear end in a top hat Kitten phase of development. Next stop: Lovable rear end in a top hat Cat!

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Update:

You've made the right decision. Black cats are best cats by far.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Noobert holding a candle for me.

In case you had trouble spotting the ninja.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
This is Pixel (or Pixie for not-actually-shorter-in-any-way), almost eight months old. I adopted her yesterday, and so far I've discovered she has a smelly sock fetish and responds to smoochy sounds moreso than her name, but she seems to like her new name the more I say it. When she was sitting on my lap yesterday at the shelter, she hissed at another cat for also jumping up onto me. I figured that meant she picked me as her human, so now she sits on my bed licking herself and eating her collar tag. True love at its finest.

(I have to use filters on her photos cos otherwise she's just a black mass and a pair of yellowish green eyes. Yay for camera phones.)

bubblelubble fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 20, 2014

dogoneshame
Dec 10, 2011
My cat firmly believes that she is a windowsill. She proves this daily, and even hourly... I believe she is very sensitive when she self-identifies as a windowsill...

I hold her like a baby, and she likes it. I received her from a litter of kittens that my SO had before her cat was given the genital chopping. Couldn't resist since black cats are so obviously better than all other form of cat.
Except Savannah Cats... But I'm not rich enough to have one of those.
Yet.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Meyer being even more of a fat cat-bear lump than normal:

I would say he doesn't normally look this smug, but I'd be lying.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
A few pictures of one of my pair, this is Kito:

Sitting in his basket that he doesn't quite fit in properly.

He looks like such a fatty here.

Getting photobombed by his brother Kobi.

Bonus picture of Kobi looking very dignified.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Spalec posted:

Sitting in his basket that he doesn't quite fit in properly.

He seems to fit perfectly to me. :3:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

DisMafugga posted:

He seems to fit perfectly to me. :3:

Yet more proof that cats are liquids.

Undead Waterfowl
Dec 29, 2008
I have some more photos of Vashta! He is definitely into the Lanky rear end in a top hat phase and in a growth spurt I think since he has started eating everything in sight. This includes Cheez-its, pretzels, cheese, and popcorn as well as an alarming amount of food for such a little thing.

This was him in his foster, so little and fierce.

This was the first night home.

And these are almost three weeks later.

Also, here is a bonus picture of his brother who we nicknamed Wilbur, but is now named Bruce Lee.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
P5175122 by vexborg, on Flickr

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Bonus lightsaber toes!

(The mess is all the stuff we use to keep him docile entertained)

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill
This is my cat and best friend, Napoleon.

She found me while I was living in the mountains of Mongolia as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I was collecting a bundle of firewood for the evening when a tiny furball dashed inside. I wasn't sure if she was a mouse or whatever at the time, but when I sat down she hopped on my lap right away to say hello. I wasn't really looking to get attached to a pet at the time, but she was still a kitten then and it was hard to throw her outside where she would likely freeze to death or get eaten by dogs or birds of prey.

She made herself comfortable and right at home pretty quickly.

We live in what's called a ger:

And it was cat heaven for her. She would run around the yard, get into fights with the neighborhood cats, hang out on the roof of our house, and catch lots mice and birds.

In truth I was as lucky to find her as she was to find me. Mongolians don't really care for cats at all, and black cats are especially bad. Living alone in a small town in Mongolia was really lonely sometimes though, so it was really nice to have the company. It's also darn cold (-30F - -40F at night) so we would keep each other warm at night under the covers.

I'm so ridiculously attached to this animal for all we've been through. I'm lucky she's still with me. I had a cousin of a Mongolian friend bring her to the capital city when I couldn't come get her myself, and she survived a really, really tough ordeal. She could have easily died of thirst or heat exhaustion because of other people's carelessness. I still have pangs of guilt when I think about it.

Now she's living the easy life with me in the capital city, Ulaanbaatar, as I'm now a reporter corresponding from there. She's strictly an in-door, apartment cat, and she's gained a bit of weight for it, but she's still a really cool and fun animal.

(living the good life)

Mommyblog Mindy
Apr 6, 2012

power is power
Not sure if this is the right thread but I believe my cat is racist for real. I had a friend staying at my place over the weekend and kit kat attacked her while she was showering. The thing is... I'm not sure how to say this but Kit got my friend right in her Kat... Like, her african american vagina has been sliced to ribbons and resembles a french dip sandwich from Philippes that has spent the long weekend rotting in the sun. Any advice?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
8 years later, I still haven't gotten any better at black cat photography.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Here is my cat. Her name is Lady Floofington. She is half black, half white, and hates that people voted along racial lines for Obama.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
My new black cat! rescued last week, unsure how old he is for sure other than he is really tiny.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

da411onCLassy posted:

Not sure if this is the right thread but I believe my cat is racist for real. I had a friend staying at my place over the weekend and kit kat attacked her while she was showering. The thing is... I'm not sure how to say this but Kit got my friend right in her Kat... Like, her african american vagina has been sliced to ribbons and resembles a french dip sandwich from Philippes that has spent the long weekend rotting in the sun. Any advice?

Don't let her blame that on the cat. This is how bias against black cats starts.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

My cat has officially dissolved into a featureless lump of fur.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Undead Waterfowl posted:

Also, here is a bonus picture of his brother who we nicknamed Wilbur, but is now named Bruce Lee.

This is a remarkable picture. :3:

Stonut
Sep 12, 2003
Cranky Nympho

Arrr Im a Pirate posted:

This is my cat and best friend, Napoleon.

She found me while I was living in the mountains of Mongolia as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I was collecting a bundle of firewood for the evening when a tiny furball dashed inside. I wasn't sure if she was a mouse or whatever at the time, but when I sat down she hopped on my lap right away to say hello. I wasn't really looking to get attached to a pet at the time, but she was still a kitten then and it was hard to throw her outside where she would likely freeze to death or get eaten by dogs or birds of prey.

She made herself comfortable and right at home pretty quickly.

We live in what's called a ger:

And it was cat heaven for her. She would run around the yard, get into fights with the neighborhood cats, hang out on the roof of our house, and catch lots mice and birds.

In truth I was as lucky to find her as she was to find me. Mongolians don't really care for cats at all, and black cats are especially bad. Living alone in a small town in Mongolia was really lonely sometimes though, so it was really nice to have the company. It's also darn cold (-30F - -40F at night) so we would keep each other warm at night under the covers.

I'm so ridiculously attached to this animal for all we've been through. I'm lucky she's still with me. I had a cousin of a Mongolian friend bring her to the capital city when I couldn't come get her myself, and she survived a really, really tough ordeal. She could have easily died of thirst or heat exhaustion because of other people's carelessness. I still have pangs of guilt when I think about it.

Now she's living the easy life with me in the capital city, Ulaanbaatar, as I'm now a reporter corresponding from there. She's strictly an in-door, apartment cat, and she's gained a bit of weight for it, but she's still a really cool and fun animal.

(living the good life)

Lovin everything about this post. Napoleon is awesome and you are awesome for rescuing her.

Here is my dapper gent who most definitely approves:

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
I'd like you to meet my best bud Leo. Pictured here with my fiance's best bud Crush, to the right.

He's half-persian, half some tiny shorthair. We adopted him from an aspiring backyard breeder/idiot friend of a friend of a friend who we found out was planning on setting him loose in the woods after she couldn't get anyone to buy him.

He sports a luxurious long, soft coat and almost never sheds.

His hobbies include: belly rubs, killing bugs, and waiting in ambush. His bright orange eyes are often the only thing you can see before he strikes. After he jumps out of hiding he wanders around confused before flopping on the ground to get belly rubs.

When he's had enough belly rubs, he gently signals by wrapping his paws around my hand and slowly pushing it away from his belly with his back feet.

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

He's half-persian, half some tiny shorthair
Looks like a regular bombay type (Burmese/American shorthair cross), lovely cats.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

I'd like you to meet my best bud Leo. Pictured here with my fiance's best bud Crush, to the right.

He's half-persian, half some tiny shorthair. We adopted him from an aspiring backyard breeder/idiot friend of a friend of a friend who we found out was planning on setting him loose in the woods after she couldn't get anyone to buy him.

He sports a luxurious long, soft coat and almost never sheds.

His hobbies include: belly rubs, killing bugs, and waiting in ambush. His bright orange eyes are often the only thing you can see before he strikes. After he jumps out of hiding he wanders around confused before flopping on the ground to get belly rubs.

When he's had enough belly rubs, he gently signals by wrapping his paws around my hand and slowly pushing it away from his belly with his back feet.

Yeah he's a Bombay like my idiot.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Rusty! posted:

Looks like a regular bombay type (Burmese/American shorthair cross), lovely cats.

That's entirely possible - I know basically nothing about cat breeds, but I know his father was a full-on persian, with the squashed up nose and everything, and his mother was a super small <15 lbs spotted shorthair.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Yeah he's a Bombay like my idiot.

He is an idiot, so you might be right.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Bombays are lovely, sweet, affectionate cats with brains made of the finest lead and bricks.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Here's one of ours waiting to be fed with her fellow street cat who is seemingly a little of every color mixed up.

Now that they've been fed they no longer need us and return to their high vantage point waiting for us to let our guard down so they can pounce and take over once and for all.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Here is Abby:

and here she is in eye-laser mode with her sister.

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.
Black Abby cats unite!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

So you could say that Bingley and Eben have taken to each other pretty well.

Poopy
Jul 31, 2010

Monsta, ex-wild cat.
If anyone other than me tries to hand feed him treats or left overs he will just about tear their fingers off, but he is gentle as gently caress for me. My partner took him in as a tiny kitten, no one else would go near him because he was vicious. Now he is a lazy 5 year old who likes to clean our kitten and hates moving house.
Also, even with my DSLR and good lighting he is just a solid ball of black :/

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Napoleon has the cutest face and ears! They look a little roundy and adorable!

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I have a black cat.

He is a fluffy black cat.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

toe knee hand posted:

I have a black cat.

He is a fluffy black cat.

Same

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Sheepskin is almost as soft as a cat for resting your feet on. Almost. But it doesn't purr.

(Sam in a rare non-blob moment.)

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
Nosferatu is a tuxedo Manx. He is a very large Manx, about 50% bigger than normal... closer to a small dog than most cats.

He came into the shelter like this, about 10 pounds and close to emaciated. His fur was dull, his spine and ribs were easy to feel and see. All he wanted was food and quiet attention. I liked him right away. He got extra wet food to help put on some weight and I gave him TLC at the shelter when I could. He came home with me the first day he could leave.

Nosferatu settled in to home with us and quickly got healthier. We fostered him a while.

Now he's adopted and a little too healthy looking... 17 pounds is what the vet suggests for his frame. He needs more good exercise. He prefers being a very hot and hefty lump of a lap cat.

He's a nice kitty.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Holy poo poo, I want a huge cat like that.

That face :3:

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow

Danith posted:

Holy poo poo, I want a huge cat like that.

That face :3:
People smirk or sometimes laugh when I ask if they want a bone tag for their cat (vs a heart).

Some cats pull it off.

Nosferatu also mastered the sit on people ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Holy poo poo those ears.