Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I don't see why it matters that it clears the board. It'll give you what you want, or it wont, on every pick. The board is basically an illusion of a shell game, because it's not like the cards are pre-determined before you choose them. That last card is no more statistically likely to be a SR or above than the first card on the board, so don't fret about resetting.

I loving hate the kotr cards and there's no way the rares are in a set spot each round. I've been down to the last 3-5 cards several times before I got the rare. a couple times it was the last card. Once I got the rare before being down to the last 10 cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DoctorDelaware posted:

I just dumped a batch of cards--including a rare support and a rare pro Curt Hennig--into training one of my UR Andres. Unfortunately, it was one at level 0, instead of the one at level 23. :bang:

you need to do them both anyway so I don't think it really matters

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

you need to do them both anyway so I don't think it really matters

I've already got one at 30. I'd accidentally dumped those cards into my 3rd (of four) UR Andres.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DoctorDelaware posted:

I've already got one at 30. I'd accidentally dumped those cards into my 3rd (of four) UR Andres.

Well then

1: aren't you eventually combining those two as well or
2: why didn't you already feed it to something

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Well then

1: aren't you eventually combining those two as well or
2: why didn't you already feed it to something

Because I'm stupid. Or I'm considering the idea of putting both in my KOTR team.

But mostly the stupid.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Got an uncommon Brock Lesnar and an uncommon manager (aka Paul Heyman) after my last match. Just what are they playing at here?

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Second in kotr. My prize was 2 Xavier woods. I feel like Charlie Brown.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sweet loving Christ does King of the Ring take a long time. I'm at match 21 and I'm 20-1 and it looks like I have another twenty-five to go before I even get to the brackets?

Also, seeing as you don't "use up" support cards and you can't combine them or anything, is there any reason to keep more than maybe two at a time?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Finally made it to the UR tier. Was pumped for my first Ultra Rare. Who would it be?

Support card :smith:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Also, seeing as you don't "use up" support cards and you can't combine them or anything, is there any reason to keep more than maybe two at a time?

I think you need 4 Support Cards to fill out your KOTR deck? That's about it anyway. I just feed all my Rares & below to my deck

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Testekill posted:

Got an uncommon Brock Lesnar and an uncommon manager (aka Paul Heyman) after my last match. Just what are they playing at here?

I think they're saying you need to find a guy that's never been beaten, beat him, then message him "MY CLIENT BROCK LESNAR CONQUERED YOUR UNDEFEATED STREAK AT SUPERCARDS."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

triplexpac posted:

I think you need 4 Support Cards to fill out your KOTR deck? That's about it anyway. I just feed all my Rares & below to my deck

You can do that? I had no idea...

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

triplexpac posted:

Yeah. And since support cards can bump up your KOTR ranking based on the total stat change provided, you could arguably have a use for two of the same exact card if it's powerful enough. Just keep one in your backup support slots to get the bump in rank. Even three of the same card, putting both in the backup slots.

Otherwise, yeah, there's not a point in keeping any more then 1 of a support card, really.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You can do that? I had no idea...

If you're talking about feeding support cards for levels, yeah, they work the same way as wrestler cards in that respect, but they're always at the bottom of the list when you're selecting cards to feed, unless you filter by supports.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

IcePhoenix posted:

If you're talking about feeding support cards for levels, yeah, they work the same way as wrestler cards in that respect, but they're always at the bottom of the list when you're selecting cards to feed, unless you filter by supports.

I started filtering for certain cards, I just figured that if you can't combine support cards, you can't feed them.

EDIT: Are you loving kidding me? Once you get to the actual King of the Ring brackets, every match is two out of three instead of just one bout? How the hell have you people been putting up with this poo poo?

EDIT 2.0: Wait a minute, I won the first two, so why am I not automatically inserted into the semifinals? I have to wait until my opponent wins or loses just to move on? Holy cats!

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 6, 2014

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Man, if you win all three matches you should get to pick three cards.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

There are a lot of things that could be done to improve SuperCard. I'd like to be able to sell my cards for credits so I could get better picks and more picks. I'd also like a larger deck size. I got a bunch of cards taking up space, waiting for a pair.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Just a little driplet of 'info'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G0qvvmm98c

Low stamina RKO, Randy crawls over Cesaro? for the pin. Looks good!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

That was actually pretty neat.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
After all my bitching and whining, I ended up winning the King of the Ring! However, my prize was two Super Rare Miz...zzes.

gently caress me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EDIT 2.0: Wait a minute, I won the first two, so why am I not automatically inserted into the semifinals? I have to wait until my opponent wins or loses just to move on? Holy cats!

it draws the arrow for you, does the picture matter that much? If you win 2-0 don't forget to put in your bench for the third game, your main lineup will heal up as if they were benched for a real game.

I just upset the 1 seed 2-0 in the first round of my first UR KotR...hopefully I can beat the winner of the 4/5 game and get myself a pair (which will also be my first two UR wrestlers :haw:)

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Be warned that if every result in the bracket finishes 2-0 they will skip to the next round instead of playing the third game, and in my experience the third game doesn't get played when it's 2-0, so your team doesn't heal. Perhaps this changed recently though?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blasmeister posted:

and in my experience the third game doesn't get played when it's 2-0, so your team doesn't heal. Perhaps this changed recently though?

I just had a chance to test this and you're right. They must have fixed it at some point because last time I payed attention when I tried it it worked.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So I finished second in that UR KotR

:getin:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

:aaa:

Working my way through the second round-robin in my SR KOTR, hoping to at least make the final to get that pair. Might do another in the next few days if I can jump to UR tier, I'm reeeeeeally close to getting to UR in Exhibition. Praying my first UR drop isn't a support :gonk:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

simosimo posted:

Just a little driplet of 'info'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G0qvvmm98c

Low stamina RKO, Randy crawls over Cesaro? for the pin. Looks good!
Since the moment-to-moment gameplay seems fundamentally similar it seems like they're going for more little details. One of the leaked vids of a Cena / Cesaro match showed that there were ringside workers other than King & Cole who would scatter when wrestlers approached. Also, King & Cole got up and backed away when they were approached, not just when the table started getting set up.

I am really interested in seeing how this stamina system ends up working out, it would be really nice to have the epic match setting render something other than an all-out slugfest stretched out for half an hour.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Basic Chunnel posted:

Since the moment-to-moment gameplay seems fundamentally similar it seems like they're going for more little details. One of the leaked vids of a Cena / Cesaro match showed that there were ringside workers other than King & Cole who would scatter when wrestlers approached. Also, King & Cole got up and backed away when they were approached, not just when the table started getting set up.

That'd be really cool actually. Seeing cameramen etc move out of the way if the guys went out of the ring.

It's little stuff like that that really helps with immersion.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

IcePhoenix posted:

Yes! Blue triangle! I won't have to rework my whole team when I finally get him!

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Cracked the Epic tier; got The Rock. Pretty excited, especially since he's the first left-blue arrow I've drawn above rare that isn't Vince McMahon.

Now if only I could draw a Diva that's above a Rare...

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
I wish this game had card trading. My only ultra rare character card is Andre and I'd much rather have someone stupid like the Miz.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
I can understand why trading isn't a thing, but the lack of there even being a friends list is really silly. I'd complain more, but I'm still giddy about my Pro Super Rare Christian and my Super Rare Undertaker.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Bah, lost in the semis of my epic tier KOTR, had a matchup where I was favoured in 2/4 and him in the others and his ones kept coming up. Oh well at least I get 1 epic card out of this, hopefully not another support and I can finally phase out my super rare pros.

Does anyone know if there's some resource for looking up max potential stats? I could level up a UR pro Vince McMahon but as it's probably the worst UR I'm unsure if it'll beat a random levelled epic.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 7, 2014

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Blasmeister posted:

Bah, lost in the semis of my epic tier KOTR, had a matchup where I was favoured in 2/4 and him in the others and his ones kept coming up. Oh well at least I get 1 epic card out of this, hopefully not another support and I can finally phase out my super rare pros.

Does anyone know if there's some resource for looking up max potential stats? I could level up a UR pro Vince McMahon but as it's probably the worst UR I'm unsure if it'll beat a random levelled epic.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eniVv8lTf4fUmA5pawq28jacc3qeojI99gi9_jEnUHg/edit#gid=0

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Playing supercard and I don't understand why some of my cards are marked "in use" when they're not in the 5 i use for matches? I can't use them for training because of this "in use" status.

card games confuse me i'm a moron.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Eat My Fuc posted:

Playing supercard and I don't understand why some of my cards are marked "in use" when they're not in the 5 i use for matches? I can't use them for training because of this "in use" status.

card games confuse me i'm a moron.

They're probably in your King of the Ring deck. Replace them so you can feed them for training purposes.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

interpunct posted:

They're probably in your King of the Ring deck. Replace them so you can feed them for training purposes.

COol, yea i have yet to dive into the king of the ring mode i don't have enough divas.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

COol, yea i have yet to dive into the king of the ring mode.

Be warned that starting a KOTR will prevent those cards from being combined or fed to other cards for the 48 hour duration so be careful about using un-pro'd cards you have plans for in it.

Thanks!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's the one that I only occasionally update but I take all the info from here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CnuwcQmqo_94gJA2Xp5VQk-cOT7Va2nOQOU05aru3qQ/edit#gid=413037175

I just copied it because I wanted it sorted by total points instead of name (also because there is a script on that doc that always freezes my browser until I get the option to disable it)

e: I just updated it through UR Pro

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 7, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

That's the one that I only occasionally update but I take all the info from here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CnuwcQmqo_94gJA2Xp5VQk-cOT7Va2nOQOU05aru3qQ/edit#gid=413037175

I just copied it because I wanted it sorted by total points instead of name (also because there is a script on that doc that always freezes my browser until I get the option to disable it)

e: I just updated it through UR Pro

Speaking of Supercard, I think we might be in the same KOTR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I Before E posted:

Speaking of Supercard, I think we might be in the same KOTR.

yeah that's me, I think I joined it so I could get a SR in a couple days