Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
C

We are a stealth master for just this reason.

We just need to get better at figuring out what to do after we sneak up on someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Well this time I would hope it's not "turn around and get the Balls" :downs:

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You...
C. Sneak ahead alone to assess your foe. Since you are stealthy and can move more swiftly, if you go alone there is a strong chance you can catch up to the Norcs without being detected. Snarls nose and your hearing combined, you estimate it would take you about 20 minutes to get to the Norcs now, which means leaving your Balls for about 40 minutes at a minimum.

Honestly I don't know how we are going to save the kids, they are probably going to just kill them all if they hear us coming.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

A

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A - They gave up the chance for B when they started killing kids. And the quicker we drop them and save the rest, the quicker we can get out of here, burn the bug room, and link back up with Aaron

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
We could pull the old 'give us the kids and we'll let you live'...' Lol, fingers crossed!'

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Everseen
Apr 27, 2010
A

GOTTA GO FAST!

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
A. The time for stealth is over. This is their territory. Make it FAST and get out.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Better give diplomacy a chance for once.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
A

We quite simply don't have the time for stealth. It's best to get in and out.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

ShotgunWillie posted:

A. The time for stealth is over. This is their territory. Make it FAST and get out.

This

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
C

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

A

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

C

And if we blow that signal horn, get in here!

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
C. We know they won't hesitate at killing kids. They will drat well kill the meat that the Ashrakan came all the way to get, if only to spite him. It's what we would do if we were on the other side.

Arrange for the balls to move up quietly. We will leave trails and markings on the rock to inform them of the situation. Signal horn for emergency GET IN HERE.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
A. We don't really have time to be sneaky, this isn't our turf.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

A. We don't really have time to be sneaky, this isn't our turf.

Agreed. A is my vote as well

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!

Outrail posted:

A and C.

How tight are the tunnels? Narrower than a wagon. So they can't do pincer movements? Take the five strongest (most blooded) ahead to be quieter and mow through them like hot butter.

If they come around us through side tunnels well guess what fuckers the rest of our balls are 5 minutes behind us and now you've been pincered.

Remember that we're stronger than 20 men. Imagine five dudes with the combined strength of 100 men steamrolling up a tunnel with big rear end shields like a locomotive, dragging you through the gap and stomping your rear end flat.

This

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

How about D, We sneak up as a group?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Problem with sneaking as a group is that
1. Most (all?) of our Balls are in armor. Armor that takes time to get in and out of.
2. Few of our Balls have any sort of stealth training.

Diog, Question: How alert have we been for traps? I know we're on top of things on the "surprise monster" front, but are we keeping an eye out for caltrops, or little spike traps like the ones we used?

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
I don't expect there to be traps, or for C to win the vote. But if C does win, we'll just have the Balls stop running and clanking around. More like a fast walk.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
C

Though B is good too.
We want the children. If you leave them you live.

C

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

A :black101:

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

A quick count leaves us at
A. 24 votes
B. 1 vote
C. 13 votes
A + C. (Plan pincer) 2 votes
D. (Plan group sneak) 1 vote.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
A

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Let El's wrAth flow through!

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Really? Some of us want to talk with these mooks? The ones that sacrificed a woman to a demon, and killed a dozen or so kids?

The only thing I want to say to them is "I HAVE COME TO END YOU!" and I expect that to be a fairly one-sided conversation, unless you count the screaming.

But first, C what's going on!

I wanna know how they're ordered. If it's "kids in the back", then rushing in is gonna get interesting.

UppaTree fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Sep 8, 2014

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
C. We always make the most hilarious and inept choices when we go it alone, let's see what we can fail at this time.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

Arkanomen posted:

A TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER THAN THE PITS OF HELL ITSELF. TO ARMS!

Fer shure A

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
C heck out the road ahead, we can always sneak back and prepare our balls for what lays ahead.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

You decide to scout ahead. You're hella-stealthy and encounter no problems.
Up ahead, you see the norcs and the remaining children. One child stumbles, spraining an ankle. A norc finishes it off with a spear and continues marching.

But not just any norc. It's the one you sometimes briefly refer to as Norkidel.
You have your bow, but it's kind of dark and he's moving, so although you have a chance, you MIGHT miss a kill shot. Oh, hey, he's stabbing more kids.

You decide not to shoot at Norkidel, instead opting to wait and see what he does. And he's...yep, killing more kids. Hell, some of them aren't even hurt, he's just tired of hearing them cry.
If you hurry, you could get back to your Balls and overtake them.

You instead decide to announce yourself.
"I AM ENKIDEL, EL MEKA HINEY HINEY HO. PERHAPS WE CAN REACH SOME SORT OF FAVORABLE AGREEMENT? I WOULD HATE FOR THIS TO COME TO BLOWS BETWEEN US."

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

the_steve posted:

You decide to scout ahead. You're hella-stealthy and encounter no problems.
Up ahead, you see the norcs and the remaining children. One child stumbles, spraining an ankle. A norc finishes it off with a spear and continues marching.

But not just any norc. It's the one you sometimes briefly refer to as Norkidel.
You have your bow, but it's kind of dark and he's moving, so although you have a chance, you MIGHT miss a kill shot. Oh, hey, he's stabbing more kids.

You decide not to shoot at Norkidel, instead opting to wait and see what he does. And he's...yep, killing more kids. Hell, some of them aren't even hurt, he's just tired of hearing them cry.
If you hurry, you could get back to your Balls and overtake them.

You instead decide to announce yourself.
"I AM ENKIDEL, EL MEKA HINEY HINEY HO. PERHAPS WE CAN REACH SOME SORT OF FAVORABLE AGREEMENT? I WOULD HATE FOR THIS TO COME TO BLOWS BETWEEN US."

Based on our past experience, some variation of the above scene is what I expect the votes to lead to if we go alone. Voting A because I really don't want to go through that again.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

If they have the kids on foot, they definitely have a rear group of norcs corralling them along.

An uprotected rear, unready for a good thrust from behind by our shiny Balls :getin:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Switching to a

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Bularin posted:

C. We always make the most hilarious and inept choices when we go it alone, let's see what we can fail at this time.

Team Embarrass Enkidel ... to death.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Changing from plain C to: C + Take Paebel Too. Team Archer!

Paebel is a stealthy fucker, and we can rain arrows on them from both sides until the rest of the Balls arrive. Keep them from being able to form defenses or slaughter the kids before we get here. :getin:

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 8, 2014

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.
A+C Plan Pincer. Take the fastest, quietest and strongest ( Can Enkidel use [???] to make his companions choose the quietest route? Sorta like guiding them at the church battle...) a few meters ahead and kill anything that is not human. The path to the best possible outcome is hitting them hard and fast before they know what is going on. Even if they're prepared and have formed a defensive perimeter there's no way they could expect the sheer amount of pain Enkidel and friends can unleash on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

You are, by a large margin the stealthiest Ball of Labaras. After you, Paebel. After him, quite a bit below, Danal, who benefits from being taught by you before his manhood trial and Eleazar the Adventurer. None of the rest of your Balls could he described as... sneaky. They all subscribe to the "Yell-charge-stab-yell-stab-stab-stab" school of heroic.

Except for Snarls of course. He is pretty stealthy too.

You don't have anything resembling a stealthy strike force. At best it would be you, Danal(who is gone), Eleazar and Paebel who does not fight up front.

I expect to update tonight.

Unrelated and in the mean time, when we need new names for things we generally go with whatever is the most popular. That is how among other things, we got "eyescream", "arrow-time" and "norcs". That thing you did fighting the demon-centipedes and at the temple of El has been called "battle meditation" by some goons. Some said they hated that name but we need a name for it now. Do you like battle meditation? If not, any other ideas?

Diogines fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 8, 2014