Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Harrow posted:

Anyone have any pictures of female time mages? Clockwork stuff welcome. Any race, really--I haven't decided much about her aesthetically yet.

Joanne Five Aces?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Captain_Indigo posted:

Does anyone have hobbit/LOTR stuff to look at that was drawn before anyone portrayed the characters in a movie or before D&D warped how anyone draws the fantasy races forever.
The Annotated Hobbit has a lot of art from a lot of artists.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does anyone have any crazy/eccentric/weird looking merchants?

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Captain_Indigo posted:

Does anyone have hobbit/LOTR stuff to look at that was drawn before anyone portrayed the characters in a movie or before D&D warped how anyone draws the fantasy races forever.

Tove Jansson did some illustrations for The Hobbit

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Cross-posting:

PublicOpinion posted:

Threw all the person-scale maps I've done in an imgur album. The style varies a bunch across them, only a few are in RPG perspective, and several have very specific uses. Most of them are 1750x1750, Roll20's default size, and the rest are 2800x2800, a 40x40 map in Roll20 with the default grid.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

homerlaw posted:

Tove Jansson did some illustrations for The Hobbit

The queen of Denmark also did some for Lord of the Rings

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
This article has Soviet-era Russian illustrations of Lord of the Rings in sort of Byzantine style. More galleries here, too.

Edit: Oh god, this one even references the Bayeux Tapestry:

atomicgeek fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 7, 2014

Fixed Expression
Nov 9, 2009

Sole.Sushi posted:

According to what I know of Hindu mythology, rakshasa take on human forms, but their inner corruption prevents the forms from ever being perfect, and manifests in a number of ways: backwards hands, mismatched eyes, fanged teeth, so on. My Dad claims he once saw one as a teenager: it was the middle of summer in India, and shade temperatures were 130 degrees. It was hot enough that the entire city basically shut down. My Dad swears he saw a single man walk down the middle of the street in the open sun, not sweating a drop, with backwards feet. :spooky:

Slight derail, but I know I've heard this story before, and I've had it kicking around in the back of my head for years, occasionally wondering "where the hell did I read that?" Have you posted this on SA before?

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
More than likely. I do enjoy telling that story, plus it's entirely likely that my Dad was just retelling a story that he heard as a kid to gently caress with me. :v:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
probably a polio victim :/

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

I am loving these Názgul. It's like they tore themselves from some hellish Bosch painting.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Hello thread. Now I'm looking for wizards or sorcerers throwing around a crap ton of power. Something like this but sans dragon.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Found this while looking:

Meanwhile, MtG as always:

(crop this as needed)

(wizard is out of shot in the bottom right)

I dumped like ten more here

Majuju fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 8, 2014

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
Hello thread. I am looking for images of male sprites/fairies/little-guys-with-wings-of-any-particular-name. My problem is that I want something fully clothed and not sexualized, which is where GIS has been failing me; from a cursory look it seems like they haven't invented shirts yet.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Have you tried searching for Earthdawn Windlings?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Conskill posted:

Hello thread. I am looking for images of male sprites/fairies/little-guys-with-wings-of-any-particular-name. My problem is that I want something fully clothed and not sexualized, which is where GIS has been failing me; from a cursory look it seems like they haven't invented shirts yet.

This one's sorta feminine, but it's a pixie so you might be able to slide it past.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Conskill posted:

This is all I got. If you don't mind the words it's pretty decent I think

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Conskill posted:

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

djw175 posted:

Hello thread. Now I'm looking for wizards or sorcerers throwing around a crap ton of power. Something like this but sans dragon.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Share your most advanced Kung-Fu Masters.

cream of the clop
Sep 24, 2005

serious duck

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

A_Raving_Loon posted:

Share your most advanced Kung-Fu Masters.
I absolutely have to know the name of this movie.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Bastard Swordsman, and Return of Bastard Swordsman.

A_Raving_Loon fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 9, 2014

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Conskill posted:

The Gentleman with the Thistledown Hair from Suzanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. Not small, but a fairy.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Veyrall posted:

I absolutely have to know the name of this movie.

Bastard Swordsman!

Beaten so here's the sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sZXdks1NVI

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

I am in need of earth cultists, petrified body parts and crystals a big plus. Thanks!

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

e: And some monsters too:

Flavivirus fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Sep 10, 2014

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Astro Ambulance posted:

I am in need of earth cultists, petrified body parts and crystals a big plus. Thanks!

From King of Dragon Pass:

Drawn by Jenx:

Crosses being runes for Death in this world, and squares for Earth. And copper is Earth's sacred metal, and axe the sacred weapon.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Astro Ambulance posted:

And it's a pretty awesome book too!

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
I'm hoping my group will play D&D Next next, and I think I'm going to take a crack at a paladin. So I would like to see some Paladins. Bonus points if they look like the kind of guy who'd be more inclined to spend his gold on charity before spending it on gaudy golden armor and accouterments, but knights in shining armor shedding golden light are also fine.

I'm looking for this sort of thing (with even less filigree):

Click for artist.

But this sort of thing is also cool:

From Heroes of Might & Magic

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Tactical Bonnet posted:

I'm hoping my group will play D&D Next next, and I think I'm going to take a crack at a paladin. So I would like to see some Paladins. Bonus points if they look like the kind of guy who'd be more inclined to spend his gold on charity before spending it on gaudy golden armor and accouterments, but knights in shining armor shedding golden light are also fine.

Teutonic Knights:

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I only have female paladins because I only ever play female characters.

Also, something more modern.

djw175 fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 10, 2014

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Paladin-types, eh?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
I went looking for a good picture of one of the knights from Kill Six Billion Demons but this is as close as I got:

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Looking through my folder for this picture made me realise like 90% of my art is of ladies.

djw175 posted:

Probably my favourite Magic card art ever:

it's basically the "gently caress you, rear end in a top hat" scene from terminator

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.

Hogge Wild posted:

Teutonic Knights:
I love the real people this option provides and can't believe I didn't think of it. I'm going to do some more searching for more.

The Crotch posted:

Paladin-types, eh?

Those are awesome. Is this one of the paizo iconic heroes(or is there more art of this character)? The armor is just nice enough to be presentable if the need arises but plain and only adorned with an identifying symbol on the chest. He'd be perfect if he was holding the morningstar and a shield.

Tactical Bonnet fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 10, 2014

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Tactical Bonnet posted:

I love the real people this option provides and can't believe I didn't think of it. I'm going to do some more searching for more.

Check also the other Military Orders.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's from the Pathfinder AP "Wrath of the Righteous", apparently, and I don't think there's any more art of him.

That same artist did do a paladin with a mace and shield, but it's a little more...

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

The fact that he makes sure the street urchins have loaves of bread before he goes to sleep doesn't have to mean he won't cave in your skull with a hammer if you give him a good enough reason.

That guy might be a little much though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

The only way I can see this working is if the morningstar has two spikes missing to give it a flat side to rest up against the body.