Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Yeah Utopia is the worst thing ive seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Jack Gladney posted:

Did there end up being any truth to the story that Ana Lucia was written out of the show because Michelle Rodriguez got busted for drunk driving? I remember that being tossed around for quite a while in the episode threads.

Also Desmond fondled a stranger on the bus or something very unDesmondlike.

I thought it was Matthew Fox that punched a bus driver in the ovaries. Even if he didn't, there are plenty of rumors about him being a psychotic fuckwit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I remember reading some stories about Rodriguez getting fired because of the drunk driving. It makes sense as you don't exactly want to try and film around one of your stars being in jail/trial dates.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Doesn't seem to be any bad blood since they brought her back several times for cameos.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm pretty sure it was just a thing said over and over and over again in the threads, probably started as a joke.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
It's like a cross between Big Brother and Survivor. Done by Fox.

I just turned it on. It's really not that great. How will this last a year?

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 8, 2014

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
There are like three newish shows called Utopia that people are talking about right now. TV networks need to sort their poo poo out.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Seams posted:

There are like three newish shows called Utopia that people are talking about right now. TV networks need to sort their poo poo out.

And the British one is getting an HBO remake.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The British one is the only good one.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
I just finished In the Flesh. It's so good. I liked season 1 more than 2, since I'm a sad sack and sappy for doomed romances, but I liked the follow-up on the cult plot. If there isn't a third series I'll be super bummed. :(

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rodriguez was written out because when she was introduced she was so widely and virulently hated that lindelof and cuse wrote her out, bowing to fan pressure

She was originally meant to be "female jack", more reflective of LOST's original plans to have Kate be the main character and have jack die in the pilot

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Toxxupation posted:

Rodriguez was written out because when she was introduced she was so widely and virulently hated that lindelof and cuse wrote her out, bowing to fan pressure

She was originally meant to be "female jack", more reflective of LOST's original plans to have Kate be the main character and have jack die in the pilot

I don't believe that. She more than likely joined specifically as a "one season" kind of deal.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Toxxupation posted:

No that was two certain characters from season 3. Nikki and Paulo. Rodriguez was always meant to die at the end of season 2, the character that was killed off due to Anna Lucia being unlikable was Libby.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Libby was also pulled over for drunk driving.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I also seem to recall that Libby loaned Desmond a boat, was in the hospital with Hurley, and did 9/11.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hurley is a disgusting neckbeard slob and it gets worse every season.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hurley, Desmond and Ben Linus were like, the only characters in the entire cast that didn't get ruined by the end of the show. Hurley was great. But it is actually depressing how fat he is, because a guy I knew for like 15 years died from being-fat-related poo poo. He also drove a van and looked kind of like Hurley with Matthew Broderick's face.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know where they got this number but according to the AV Club review of the Utopia they say it cost Fox $50 million. That seems like a lot.

Also speaking of reality shows, I saw a commercial the other day for a new show on A&E called "Love Prison" where they take two people who have been chatting with each other online and stick them on an island with no outside contact for 7 days. Which seems like a recipe for sexual assault.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I bet Jorge Garcia has some explosive shits in the morning with a hint of ranch dressing scent.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

muscles like this? posted:

Also speaking of reality shows, I saw a commercial the other day for a new show on A&E called "Love Prison" where they take two people who have been chatting with each other online and stick them on an island with no outside contact for 7 days. Which seems like a recipe for sexual assault.

What in the actual gently caress.

:siren: The first episode is streaming on A&E's website, will post trip report! :siren:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hopefully they give each person an emergency phone and someone reviews the tapes daily because otherwise I foresee bad headlines in the future.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Considering that it's a reality show on A&E, I wouldn't be surprised if the island was just some little island in the middle of a lake in Louisiana or something.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

It always makes me laugh how new reality shows sound like reality show parodies from ten years ago.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So far it's basically just Catfish + The Real World and is just loving boring.

Unless of course all the batshit stuff happens in the second half, just like every other reality show.

:e: oh God, it just kind of became Sex House :gonk:

e2: jesus loving christ

precision fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 8, 2014

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

PriorMarcus posted:

That really was just a silly guess though.

I'll second this. That was loving hilarious when the actual spoilers came out later and OH OOPS THAT TITLE'S BEEN RIGHT FOR MONTHS.

edit: Oh man. Now I can't wait to hear the end of the story in the post above mine.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

precision posted:

So far it's basically just Catfish + The Real World and is just loving boring.

Unless of course all the batshit stuff happens in the second half, just like every other reality show.

:e: oh God, it just kind of became Sex House :gonk:

e2: jesus loving christ

aight, explain please.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are people talking about Utopia? Because we as a group need to talk about this show that is 24/7 live streaming these people's lives on the internet.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

CaptainHollywood posted:

I don't believe that. She more than likely joined specifically as a "one season" kind of deal.

This was basically it. There's no indication that she was going to stay on longer that one season and her role really served its purpose by the time she leaves. The DUI/Firing thing was just a result of bad timing and it got repeated so much that people have chosen to believe it despite being no evidence at all.

Then there's Matthew Fox. Dominic Monaghan outright said that Fox was a woman-beater. He doesn't elaborate any more than that and the bus driver he allegedly hit did drop all charges so who knows if it's just one actor being a dick to another, but it's not like Monaghan has a history of poo poo talking other people.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Lycus posted:

It always makes me laugh how new reality shows sound like reality show parodies from ten years ago.
So in just a few years...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

GreenNight posted:

The British one is the only good one.

The Australian one (which has nothing to do with any of the others) is actually very funny. It's from the same people who made the brilliant Frontline.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Norwegian Rudo posted:

The Australian one (which has nothing to do with any of the others) is actually very funny. It's from the same people who made the brilliant Frontline.

It's funny, but it's not as good as Frontline, or Hollowmen which was a more recent show from the same team.

Basically, check those two out before bothering with the Australian Utopia and only watch that if you want more of a similar comedy that isn't quite as good.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I love the Fat Mac stuff. It was all just because Rob McElhenney thought it would be funny if Mac gained 60 pounds. So he actually gained a bunch of weight.

I just wish I had the ability to gain and lose weight at will like he does. I mean, I'm a pro at the "getting fat" part, it's the other part that's more difficult.

Lycus posted:

I'm still waiting for Tiny House.

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 8, 2014

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

raditts posted:

I just wish I had the ability to gain and lose weight at will like he does. I mean, I'm a pro at the "getting fat" part, it's the other part that's more difficult.

First of all, it's called "cultivating mass."

Second, anything is possible with God, so you may want to write that down.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Dear David Simon,

Bring back The Wire for a sixth season about how lovely an organization the Ravens are.

Love,

hcreight

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

hcreight posted:

Dear David Simon,

Bring back The Wire for a sixth season about how lovely an organization the Ravens are.

Love,

hcreight

pre:
"Is it a flaw for us that we support our players in tough times? If it is, I'm OK with that."

-Bisciotti
(source, for anybody curious)

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Is it a flaw that we RULE SO HARD? If it is maybe you should stop being such a pussy rear end bitch and fuckin deal

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

God if there's one thing I hate more than non-apology apologies "sorry you were offended" and it's ilk it's self-aggrandizing apologies

Like did anyone read the official apology from ea when SimCity launched literally unplayable for like two weeks, the apology consisted of "in short, sorry you can't play your game, it's just so rad that our servers are gone! Luckily we sold a bunch of copies to you stupid fucks! Isn't that great? That we fleeced you fuckin morons?"

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

By the way, CBS Thursday Night Football premieres this week. With Steelers-Ravens. :lol:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Toxxupation posted:

God if there's one thing I hate more than non-apology apologies "sorry you were offended" and it's ilk it's self-aggrandizing apologies

Like did anyone read the official apology from ea when SimCity launched literally unplayable for like two weeks, the apology consisted of "in short, sorry you can't play your game, it's just so rad that our servers are gone! Luckily we sold a bunch of copies to you stupid fucks! Isn't that great? That we fleeced you fuckin morons?"

The recent CeeLo Green apology was pretty garbage as well saying he was sorry for those statements "attributed" to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I know 'The Leftovers' is sort of polarising, to say the least, but I really liked this essay and it does a good job of explaining why the show resonates with me as someone who lives with depression (As I'm sure many others here do).

http://www.vox.com/2014/9/7/6116687/leftovers-depression-hbo

• Locked thread