Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Say Nothing posted:

It's possible that Eren didn't have to consume anyone to become a titan, maybe his Father just injected him with titan shifter blood and that was enough to change him.

Agreed. All of this discussion of eating seems to have forgotten that snipped of Eren's father measuring out an injection of some sort.

We are never going to see the basement are we :smith:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper posted:

gently caress the basement, I hope they never go there. :mad:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Spoiler: The needle Eren's father injected him with was full of LSD. There are no titans.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

It looks like Attack on Titan got extended. Originally Isayama talked about wanting to end the story in 20 volumes. Which would mean we're about 22-23 chapters away from an ending.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/a...4-years-125296/

quote:

In relation to the manga, the University of Tokyo Newspaper recently conducted an interview with "Attack on Titan" manga editor Shintaro Kawakubo. The talk revealed that the writers already had a "clear picture" of AOT's story arches, characters, mysteries and plot development.

With that in mind, Kawakubo disclosed that it will probably take three to four years for the hit series to finally close its curtains.

"The serialization is slated to end in three to four years, but 'Attack on Titan' is a work that will be passed down from generation to generation for a decade -- no, five decades," Kawabuko said further, suggesting that fans will see more continuation or spin-offs of the series even if the main story will be concluded that time.

A recent interview from his editor, it looks like they're going beyond the 20 volume if it's slated to end in 3 to 4 years. I was honestly really worried the story would wrap up too quickly.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nelson Mandingo posted:

A recent interview from his editor, it looks like they're going beyond the 20 volume if it's slated to end in 3 to 4 years. I was honestly really worried the story would wrap up too quickly.

Bilirubin posted:

We are never going to see the basement are we :smith:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Nelson Mandingo posted:

It looks like Attack on Titan got extended. Originally Isayama talked about wanting to end the story in 20 volumes. Which would mean we're about 22-23 chapters away from an ending.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/a...4-years-125296/

That sounds about right. It doesn't feel like we're anywhere close to an ending; there's just too much to resolve for the story to end that soon.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Oh MAN! The spoilers for chapter 61 are out. The title of the chapter is "The Final Curtain" or "The End" and it lives up to it.

http://imgur.com/a/f1U0I Not full chapter, but some spoiler images.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Oh MAN! The spoilers for chapter 61 are out. The title of the chapter is "The Final Curtain" or "The End" and it lives up to it.

:suspense: mode engaged.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

That third page. Looks like the 104th decided to throw one hell of a party. Strapped in and ready to read. :f5h: :stare:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Is that Eren they've got chained there? Are they getting ready for some kind of "Eren gets devoured by Lod Reiss or something" ceremony? :stare:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Is that Eren they've got chained there? Are they getting ready for some kind of "Eren gets devoured by Lod Reiss or something" ceremony? :stare:

I thought it looked like Levi, but I'm not sure.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Emron posted:

I thought so too, but who Jerry said makes more sense with the girl in the foreground.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Emron posted:

Yeah, at first I was like oh poo poo, they got Levi but then given Historia's presence, it would probably be Eren

Also what's this about Wall Rose getting breached again?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Alright there are a lot of questions here so I'm gonna clear them up.

Chapter 61 spoilers. If you wanna wait until tomorrow to see the actual pages please do so.

Erwin pulls off his :master: and exposes the government.

The girl in the picture is saying "Wall Rose has fallen!". The royals order the Sina gates shut to refugees as Reiss will solve the problem. They make it clear they don't care about the people outside of Wall Sina in full view of the military leadership. This is a ruse by Erwin and Pixis, there isn't actually an attack, it's just to prove to the military they care more about their little world than the people in the walls. Nile is the first to abandon them.

The Trost press gives their exposé on the central military police clearing the Scouts and exposing the fact Reiss is the real king.

The military united under Darius Zacklay deposes the king. Darius is the new leader of humanity within the walls.

Hanji, Marlo, and Hitch deliver the news to Squad Levi that they are no longer fugitives and a letter from Erwin giving possible whereabouts to where Eren is. "Let's end this."

The last pages are Ackerman reading a newspaper, Eren chained to some sort of alter.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Sep 7, 2014

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Wow, I really thought Erwin was going to bite it after the ending to the last chapter. So ever since Pixis "refused" his coalition offer, it turns out he's been playing one really long 11th dimensional chess game this whole time.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

David Xanatos, I think you may now have some new competition in the form of Erwin Smith. :drat:

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
gently caress. So many black bars and I wanna mouse over them all.

:negative:

Thoren
May 28, 2008

BambooEarpick posted:

gently caress. So many black bars and I wanna mouse over them all.

:negative:

I hope you can resist the awful mangapanda translations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Still no scanlations? I'm jonesing here man.

EDIT: The Chinese raws may be translated soonish. Hopefully...

Squidster fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 8, 2014

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Same here. By now I would've expected the text translations to be up.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Eh, I grew up downloading lovely incomplete scanslations of Dragonball from my local BBS. Waiting a couple of days to get something good in a language I speak is no problem.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Scanlations have begun! Begin your frantic :f5:, people.

EDIT: Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo guys.

Squidster fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 8, 2014

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

All I can say is, drat son! Best part of this issue was the (somewhat big spoiler) reveal that the king was just a senile old man and nothing more.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

threeagainstfour posted:

All I can say is, drat son! Best part of this issue was the (somewhat big spoiler) reveal that the king was just a senile old man and nothing more.

Yeah his posture wasn't someone deep in thought. A crown with a troubled brow. He was literally just sleeping his way through events. Now that's a proper puppet-king.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

During Erwin's faked wall breach announcement, I legitimately thought Isayama had pulled that trigger. It was the logical absolute worst moment for it to happen, so I was sure poo poo was going down. Of course, now I expect that Wall Rose really did get breached, and news of it will be laughed off as a joke at first.

Man. Erwin and Pixis played the hell out of everyone, and good on them for not seizing direct power themselves. Military legitimacy and authority seems to have been retained.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh man, the gently caress's the deal with that final page? What's even your deal, Reiss?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

wow

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Terper posted:

Oh man, the gently caress's the deal with that final page? What's even your deal, Reiss?

My guess is he's gonna try to transfer Eren's power to his daughter. Kenny playing with a knife, it might be something that can be cut out of Eren.

I just realized too that Erwin spells it out that he wants to go on the offensive against the Titan-shifters. If they manage to stop Reiss they'll have a clear shot at the basement with a united military.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 8, 2014

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Yeah, I got huge human sacrifice vibes from that last page.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I didn't think King Kong was actually into teenage boys, but okay.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Nelson Mandingo posted:

My guess is he's gonna try to transfer Eren's power to his daughter. Kenny playing with a knife, it might be something that can be cut out of Eren.

If that's the case, could it also mean that Reiss might be Monkey Trouble?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Chibs posted:

If that's the case, could it also mean that Reiss might be Monkey Trouble?

No. George didn't know about the maneuver gear, something Reiss couldn't possibly not know about.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Terper posted:

No. George didn't know about the maneuver gear, something Reiss couldn't possibly not know about.

I think I may need to reread everything :eng99:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

I've seriously lost track of how many nicknames this thread has come up with for the Ape Titan. Monkey Trouble, Magilla Gorilla, Curious George...

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

:wookie: is clearly the King. The reason he doesn't remember what 3d maneuvering gear is, is that he is super drunk, like, all the time. He just squats in that throne medicating his hangover with hair of the dog.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
For gently caress's sake, guys. The Monkey Titan is not anyone from within the walls unless he's like, been absolutely secluded from society his entire life. Why would he lie about not knowing what 3D Maneuver Gear was to the sniffy guy when he had every intention of killing him afterwards?

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
Its Goku.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Is the latest issue out already? I'm not seeing anything on google.