Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
NCAA
Goodell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Paging Militree to the thread- update the bracket to show the finals and then let's have a massive goons storm of tweets to Rovell wishing him luck in the finals. Him responding would be icing on the cake that is this tournament.

We could taunt Emmert for not out-douching goodell too.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Skip "i legit loving hate this tool" Bayless and the entirety of the NCAA

Goodell is the commissioner and is going to be there for a long time and I feel we've barely scratched the surface on his bullshit, inane and money grubbing ideas. He's a lifetime nom for sure, but Skip Bayless's window is closing and that smarmy ginger gently caress needs to be in there.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Paging Militree to the thread- update the bracket to show the finals and then let's have a massive goons storm of tweets to Rovell wishing him luck in the finals. Him responding would be icing on the cake that is this tournament.

I've been real bad at this this year, sorry. I'll update it at lunch.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

Duke Chin posted:

Skip "i legit loving hate this tool" Bayless and the entirety of the NCAA

Goodell is the commissioner and is going to be there for a long time and I feel we've barely scratched the surface on his bullshit, inane and money grubbing ideas. He's a lifetime nom for sure, but Skip Bayless's window is closing and that smarmy ginger gently caress needs to be in there.

Yeah. BAYLESS & NCAA

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Militree posted:

I've been real bad at this this year, sorry. I'll update it at lunch.

It's cool. I took a one month unannounced hiatus.

This is perfect because we can all get our tweets on to Rovell in time for the finale.

TFF goons, it is your mission to get Rovell's attention.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

TFF goons, it is your mission to get Rovell's attention.

making a twitter account just for this

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

making a twitter account just for this

I wouldn't want to use my real one either.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I would love to see my professor's responding to a Darren Rovell letter about my behavior. :allears:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Man, if the new Ray Rice video had been leaked a few weeks ago, how much farther would he have gone in this?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zurreco posted:

Man, if the new Ray Rice video had been leaked a few weeks ago, how much farther would he have gone in this?

All the goddamn way.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Is there any way we can get Ray Rice in a play-in round for the final?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Goodell more than ever after today and the NCAA.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Goodell NCAA

Fuel for the next round:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Pron on VHS posted:

Goodell NCAA

Fuel for the next round:

God drat

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Actually if Ray Rice's career is now over, then he has been punished (albeit not legally, as in jail) for his crimes and would now be disqualified, no?

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Actually if Ray Rice's career is now over, then he has been punished (albeit not legally, as in jail) for his crimes and would now be disqualified, no?

Yup. Gonna go with no on a third man finale, because we already knew what happened on that elevator, and having seen it does not change much.

This did add many a douche point to Goodell and Rovell though, and set up Ray Rice Sympathizers as a force next season.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

No, I don't have a twitter account at all.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

No, I don't have a twitter account at all.

Hey Sepp, could you tell Quatar to stop making British nationals disappear into thin air?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Pron on VHS posted:

Goodell NCAA

Fuel for the next round:

Please tell me that's fake.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Zurreco posted:

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/509050127068442624

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zurreco posted:

I don't even know why anyone would try to fake Rovell, the real thing is so far beyond what you could come up with. And no, that's real.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Grittybeard posted:

I don't even know why anyone would try to fake Rovell, the real thing is so far beyond what you could come up with. And no, that's real.

Yeah, sorry, voting this guy over Incognito.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Congratulations to Roger Goodell and the NCAA for being this year's inductees into the Dan Snyder Memorial Lifetime Douchievement Hall of Fame!

IT'S FINALS TIME!

In this corner, we have the living embodiment of the biggest bully from your high school! The kind of guy that you know didn't take no for an answer in college! He's the douche in the braing is is going to LET IT RAIN LET IT RAIN LET IT RAIN! It's...

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHIIIIIIEEEEEE IN-COG-NIIIIIIIIITOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Richie Incognito

Benne posted:

Richie Incognito, who I thought would run away with the players bracket until Darren Sharper happened.

Benne posted:

I'm not sure there's much to say about Incognito other than that he fulfills literally every "dumb jock" stereotype imaginable. Dumb face, dumb name (who the hell goes by "Richie?" Douchebags, that's who), dumb sense of humor, he ticks every box. That he happens to be a dirty player (and not even that good in the first place) is just the cherry on top of the dumb cake.

And now a word from Mr. Incognito:

Interviewer: Mr. Incognito, thank you for agreeing to speak with us to -

Richie Incognito: *Begins humping the interviewer* "Let it rain! Let it rain! Let it rain!"

Interviewer: "Mister... Mister Incog... Mis... SECURITY!"

RI: "Whoa! Whoa man. It's cool. It's cool, I just kinda zoned out there a sec. Thought I was on the golf course or somethin'. You know, I like to play in those celebrity tournaments, give back to the community, you know."

Interviewer: "Of course... I was just wondering if we could get a statement from you concerning your nomination."

RI: "Oh yeah! I'm really psyched, you know. I'm glad that we can put all the lies that my teammates have been telling behind us so that I can be recognized for my contributions in getting the Rams' OL to give up fewer sacks than several different NFL teams!"

Interviewer: "Um... Mr. Incognito, we're referring to your nomination in the Ben Roethlisberger Douche of the Year competition, a contest you entered as the number one seed in the Players' bracket

RI: "gently caress yeah man!"

Interviewer: "You're... glad to be nominated?"

RI: "Hell yeah, son, I'm a free loving agent now. There's no such thing as bad publicity, amirite? That's why I got back on Twitter, you know. Let people see the real me instead of the bullshit that they're getting fed."

Interviewer: "Yes, how has your search for a new team been going?"

RI: "Oh it's awesome man, I've been getting interest from all sorts of teams."

Interviewer: "Which ones, if we might ask?"

RI: "Oh you know, a couple teams. Here and there. I mean not all of them have told me to stop calling. And I've been getting lots of support too."

Interviewer: "From whom."

RI: "Well just last week, Donald Sterling called me up and asked if I wanted to come join him for one of the Clippers' playoff games."

Interviewer: "Really?"

RI: "Yeah, man. He said that he knew he didn't have to worry about who I'd be bringing. He's a real classy guy."

Interviewer: "Of... course. This whole episode with your former teammate, Johnathan Martin is, of course, not the first incident you've had on the wrong side of the NFL. There were the series of incidents with the Rams that led to you being pulled from games and waived."

RI: "That was all just media hype. I play with passion, I've never apologized for that."

Interviewer: "Perhaps, but in four years you incurred more penalties as well as more unnecessary roughness penalties than any other player during the span."

RI: "Is it my fault everyone else is a pussy?"

Interviewer: "Well that same year, your own peers voted you the league's dirtiest player."

RI: "Man, they just couldn't handle the reality of football. You gotta be tough to play football."

Interviewer: "Was that why you were suspended indefinitely from Nebraska during your college career?"

RI: "Come on, you get in one or seven fights with your teammates in the locker room, give a couple of them concussions, and suddenly it's all 'ohhh, you've gotta go to anger management. You're too extreme for us.' Buncha fa-."

Interviewer: *Interrupting quickly* "Well then let's turn to more recent matters. One of the reports that circulated following the scandal was that you taunted an ethnically Japanese trainer with racial slurs."

RI: "We were just kidding around."

Interviewer: "According to the report, you donned Japanese headbands, cornered him in the locker room, and threatened to beat him up and rape his wife in revenge for Pearl Harbor."

RI: "You see? Just a bunch of horseplay, that's all. Who doesn't talk like that sometimes, amirite?"

Interviewer: "Er... quite. So then what are your feelings today regarding your old teammate, Johnathan Martin."

RI: "Look, I don't see what the big deal was. So I called him a few names, so what? He's an adult."

Interviewer: "According to him, you forced him to pay you tens of thousands of dollars so that you could take weekend trips in Vegas."

RI: "So? He didn't have to pay. He could have fought me and the rest of my guys at once. He must have wanted to give me that money, and now he's whining about how bad we are. Boo hoo, he's an NFL player, he's got enough money."

Interviewer: "Well according to the reports, you actually took a fair portion of his rookie salary."

RI: "That's just the way it is, man. Besides, at least he's still on a team. Where'd he get signed again?"

Interviewer: "The Forty-Niners."

RI: "San Francisco eh?" *Makes a limp-wristed gesture* "Figures."

Interviewer: *Uncomfortably* "Right... so er... before we wrap things up, is there something you'd like to say to all the fans out there."

RI: "I wanna thank everybody for standing with me. Everybody who knows that I'm just misunderstood, and who doesn't just assume that everything they read about me is true. Guys like Keith Olberman, who ran a piece last November about how I'm More than just a Bully."

Interviewer: "I'm... not entirely certain he was supporting you in that video, Mr. Incognito."

RI: "Huh? I mean to be honest I haven't really watched it yet, but I figured he's got my back, so I retweeted it."

Interviewer: "Of course. Well thank you Mr. Incognito, for agreeing to speak with us."

RI: "No problem man. Hey, uh this award thing? What was it called?"

Interviewer: "The Ben Roethlisberg - "

RI: "Yeah, whatever. Who'm I up against huh?"

Interviewer: "In this round, I believe your opponent is Taylor Lewan."

RI: "What? Taylor loving Lewan? A loving Rookie?! Are you loving serious. Look at that pansy-rear end motherfucker, does he even lift?! gently caress Taylor Lewan! What the gently caress kind of name is Taylor anyway. I bet he's a loving nCENSOREDr. I WILL poo poo IN HIS loving MOUTH!"

Interviewer: *Rapidly backing away* "Thank you Mr. Incognito. Back to everyone in the studio.

RI: *From a distance* "gently caress YOU TAYLOR LEWAN, YOU'RE A loving ROOKIE! I'LL KILL YOU!"

VERSUS!

He is the second member of the media to ever make it to the finals! He has committed more mid tournament douche resume builders than any other participant before him! He is one douchey and sensitive little penis! He's...

DAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN RO-VEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Darren Rovell

Technowrite posted:

Darren Rovell for being a penis.

http://deadspin.com/these-emails-confirm-that-espns-darren-rovell-is-a-sens-1572043642

Seriously, though, this guy is the ultimate in brand and corporate rear end sniffing. Currently everything that is wrong with business reporting.

Darren Rovell could not be reached for an interview, but he recently made some tweets regarding the tournament

[b]This is it ladies and gentlemen! The conclusion of the fourth annual BRDotY!
Both contestants have very strong resumes, but only one can stand tall as the Douche of the Year!
Whose douchsuine will reign supreme?
Only one way to find out!
DOUCHE!

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

While Incognito has been mostly silent since his story hit the headlines, Darren Rovell's response to the Ray Rice thing has put him over the top for me.

That said, let the tweets @ Rovell begin!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Darren Rovell

1. His face
2. His personality
3. His actions

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Darren Rovell, and I hope he throws a tantrum when someone tweets him.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

korrandark posted:

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

korrandark posted:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I know Darren Rovell is the hip new choice, but this is Richie Incognito's world, and we're all just living in it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Richie Incognito (+3) sexually harassed a female volunteer at a charity golf tournament.

Darren Rovell is a piece of poo poo, but he shouldn't win this.

Rejoice!

I have some slow moving internet to tide me over til the good stuff gets installed.

Chilichimp, I can take it from here.

As a thanks, I'm giving you one free coupon for +3 votes towards your favorite douche in a future matchup!

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 12, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

While Incognito has been mostly silent since his story hit the headlines, Darren Rovell's response to the Ray Rice thing has put him over the top for me.

That said, let the tweets @ Rovell begin!

Pretty much this, call me reactionary but just like, what an hour or so after a dude gets fired for being a cartoonishly evil wifebeater his first thought is "WOAH THINK ABOUT THE IMAGE HERE GUYS". It was a sudden surge forward to beat the platonic ideal of the word 'douche' but god drat it Rovell earned this win!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
That last tweet on Rice almost almost pushed dickface over the line, but Richie Incognito has submitted a complete douche game this year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

I know Darren Rovell is the hip new choice, but this is Richie Incognito's world, and we're all just living in it.

Yup. If Incognito doesn't win it this year, he won't qualify again. Rovell will still be here next year.

Also, It's actually funnier to taunt Rovell with the fact he came second place in our douche contest, rather than winning it. From a brand-building perspective it's hilarious, because he won't even get to claim that all the attention he's getting is good for his name recognition or whatever... and that is of course how he will see it.

Daren Rovell for second place in a douche contest.

e. pasting in stuff I said later in the thread, in case it adds points to my vote:

Leperflesh posted:

LIke I said before, not only does Incognito deserve the win, but I think Rovell would actually be more annoyed at coming in second, then at winning. If he wins, it's just amplifying his personal sense of soulless fame-seeking being more important than any other consideration.

But if he comes second, he's both a giant douchebag, and a loser. Like "yeah, Rovell's a huge douchebag, but it's not like we're obsessed with him... obviously Incognito gets the win. Sorry Rovell you're just the token vice-president of douches. Better luck next year."

It's better this way you see.

Leperflesh posted:

Ray Rice hit a woman. Incognito hit people, cheated, deliberately tried to injure other players, sexually assaulted people, systematically abused teammates to the degree one of them literally quit his job in the NFL to get away from him, extorted, bullied, and did so for years. And he never, ever accepted any responsibility or showed the slightest genuine contrition for his actions, to this day. He isn't sorry for any of it, he's only sorry he suffered consequences. He has not learned a loving thing from what's happened to him.

Hitting his girlfriend so hard she lost consciousness is terrible and I am not in any way excusing that. And it's hard to compare different categories of terrible behavior on some kind of scale of how-bad-is-it. But to me, Incognito is so much worse than Ray Rice it isn't even on the same chart.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 11, 2014

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Richie Incognito, because Darren Rovell is paid to be a douchebag, but Incognito is working pro bono.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Richie Incognito. He's just so perfect for douche of the year. Rovell is at least trying to further his career, Incognito is actively sabotaging his in the name of his backyard bully morality. He's an overgrown child, the exact personification of a football player to those who don't watch the game. He's thoroughly a piece of poo poo; there is no room for debate, it is not a misperception. He's what is wrong with football, the voice in the crowd calling people worried about concussions pussies and ranting about how we don't play real football anymore. He's the guy you wish never played. gently caress Richie Incognito and his stupid manbaby face.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

This is the Year of Incognito

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Darren Rovell

His brand is douche.

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo

korrandark posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Don't let the late push make you forget that Richie Incognito is basically The Embodiment of Douche

• Locked thread