Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
the dimensional weight on a 17x17x17 box is 30lbs. the dimensional weight on an 18x18x18 box is 36lbs.

also, i received my package, will post about it tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
So how does that work exactly, if you have a 17 inch box it's assumed to weigh 30lbs and if it's more than 30 then they charge you by the extra weight? I assumed weight would be more important but I guess a giant box that weighs 2 pounds would take up more space in the truck...

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

krustster posted:

So how does that work exactly, if you have a 17 inch box it's assumed to weigh 30lbs and if it's more than 30 then they charge you by the extra weight? I assumed weight would be more important but I guess a giant box that weighs 2 pounds would take up more space in the truck...

pretty much. for small packages it's just about the distance, but after that it's a combination of the size and weight, with an emphasis on whichever of the two is higher- a 2lb 19x19x19 is going to cost less than a 150lb 6x6x6

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
Beer has been shipped!

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

danbanana knocked it out of the park w/ this combo of chicago heavy-hitters, intriguing unknowns, and old favorites. and a catador bottle to boot! thanks man, you've made me feel extra hamstrung by the limited packaging i had to send my box with. (now that I have your shipper, though...)

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?

cryme posted:

danbanana knocked it out of the park w/ this combo of chicago heavy-hitters, intriguing unknowns, and old favorites. and a catador bottle to boot! thanks man, you've made me feel extra hamstrung by the limited packaging i had to send my box with. (now that I have your shipper, though...)

Nice box! The IL theme continues.

Swickles, out of the participants this time around, what percentage are from Chicago? 90%?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

got some Florida love from Apache! that's a Saint Somewhere Saison Athene on the left, a couple of personal hygiene aids on the right, and a gang of good-looking CCB stuff in the middle that i've never had before. thanks, dude- the cans are in the fridge already!

oh, and if anyone's scratching their head, i asked to not get IPAs.

(not pictured- a homebrew Berliner that was left at work after i opened the package)

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

funkybottoms posted:

got some Florida love from Apache! that's a Saint Somewhere Saison Athene on the left, a couple of personal hygiene aids on the right, and a gang of good-looking CCB stuff in the middle that i've never had before. thanks, dude- the cans are in the fridge already!

oh, and if anyone's scratching their head, i asked to not get IPAs.

(not pictured- a homebrew Berliner that was left at work after i opened the package)

drat very nice. That Dan'l Webster is one of my top 10 faves of this year :allears:

Apache
May 11, 2004

Just got my awesome package in from ExtremistCow from Michigan.

Got some coasters from Midwest breweries

Oddside Ales Citra Pale Ale, New Glarus Oud Bruin, Brewery Vivant and New Belgium Collaboration Escoffier Bretta Ale, Westbrook Gose, Wolverine State Brewing Imperial Stoutm Oddside Ales El Dankerino

Wolverine State IPA, Kuhnhenn American Imperial Stout, 2014 KBS, 2011 Dogfish 120, Short's Brewing Huma Lupa Licious, Kuuknhenn Cherry Oud Bruin.

Apache fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 4, 2014

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
NC-origin box from Retemnav! With hand-written note!

Left to right:
Lowrider Sweet Josie (brown ale), Terrapin Hi-5 (WCIPA), Unknown Brewery Over the Edge IPA (rad matte black can!), Fullsteam Cack-a-Lacky (ginger pale ale), Wicked Weed Oblivion, WW/Fonta Flora Hipster Nuveau (brett saison), mini growler of WW's Freak of Nature (IIPA), mini growler of Bird Song's Jalepeno Pale Ale (interesting!), '14 Olde Hickory Irish Walker (!!!), '12 Olde Hickory Lindley Park (WUT.)

Seriously rad combo of stuff. The Uncommon Edge is already chilling in the freezer. Excited to hit some of these while watching the Packers lose tonight.

danbanana fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 5, 2014

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Retemnav posted:

Nice box! The IL theme continues.

Swickles, out of the participants this time around, what percentage are from Chicago? 90%?

Not that many. I made a spread sheet with the participants and the generalized area.

code:
Apache	        Central FL
danbanana	Chicago
americanzero	Chicago
tonde mo nai	Chicago
mrcowcow	Colorado
Jerome Louis	Connecticut
cryme	        Delaware
Merkin Muffley	Kentucky
ExtremistCow	Michigan
Podima	        New Jersey
ReaperUnreal	New York
Retemnav	North Carolina
SUPER HASSLER	Oregon
a worthy uhh	Philly
Viking_Helmet	Seattle
Zam	        SoCal
swickles	South Florida
Catfish noodlin	South Florida
air-	        Texas
Shooting Blanks	Texas
lodie	        Texas
poopdood	Virginia
funkybottoms	Virginia
nosleep	        Virginia
broom	        Wisconsin
Wet Tie Affair	Wisconsin

edit: Make sure you post when you receive your box, who its from and pics!

ExtremistCow
Oct 15, 2005

Funkybottoms dropping some serious love from Virginia. Left to right:

Ardent Saison (most excited to try this one)
Alewerks Cafe Royale
Alewerks Bourbon Barrel Porter
Hill Farmstead Arthur
Strangeways Wake Me Up Before You Gose
Three Brothers Atramentous
Alewerks Lovers Greed
Off Color Troublesome
Hardywood Great Return
Three Brothers Drift
Westbrook Gose
Champion Missile IPA

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

ExtremistCow posted:

Funkybottoms dropping some serious love from Virginia. Left to right:

Westbrook Gose

pay it forward, man

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My box is in the mail!

broom
Aug 29, 2005
Got my box today from swickles (Miami >> Wisconsin)

Winwood-Nutty Blonde Ale (growler)
Due South-Caramel Cream Ale
Terrapin-Hi-5 IPA
Unita-Cahoots Saison
CCB-Cucumber Saison (woot!)
CCB-Jai Alai (x2)
CCB-Patio Pils
CCB-Puppys Breath Porter
Miami Brewing Company-Big Rod
CCB-Tocobaga Red
CCB-Maduro Brown

Cool Florida box, really looking forward to trying the saisons.

Thanks for this and organizing the BIF swickles!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Glad everything made it ok! The nutty blond is good, but a little one dimensional. I would open it with a friend or two.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
Beer!

Three Floyds - Gumball Head
Central Waters - Barleywine, Scotch Ale and Stout
New Glarus - Apple Ale, Dubbel, Oud Bruin
Bells - Expedition Stout and Two Hearted
Black Husky - Howler
Dark Horse - Double Crooked Tree
Jamse Page - Casper White Stout
O'so - Convenient Distraction
Homebrew!

These are all new breweries to me and I'm excited to get a taste of the midwest. Thanks Wet Tie Affair!

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer
Got a kick rear end box from Viking_Helmet today:

Freemont Saison, Pike Kilt Lifter, Reuben's Brews Imperial Oatmeal Stout, Scuttlebutt Old No. 1 Barleywine (2008 vintage!), Schooner Exact King Street Brown, Double Mountain Molton Lava IIPA, Reuben's Brews glass

Sound Brewery Humulo Nimbus DIPA, Reuben's Brews Black Imperial IPA, Caldera Old Growth Imperial Stout, Old Schoolhouse Imperial Stout, Peddler Tangerine Wheat, Alameda Black Bear XX Stout, and some stickers and a coaster.

Thanks for the awesome box! I haven't heard of a lot of these breweries but all the beers sound great. I have the Double Mountain IIPA in the fridge for tonight.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Box from Virginia to Southern California!

Alewerks Pumpkin
Alewerks Bitter Valentine
Hardywood Blackberry
Hardywood Bourbin DIPA
Westbrook IPA
Jai Alai
Lickinghole Creek Bourbon Barrel Tripel
Three Brothers Drift
Terrapin Hopsecutioner

Great box - some beers I'm looking forward to revisiting and some new options as well. Will be opening an IPA or two during football today. Thanks poop dood!

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

Viking_Helmet posted:

Beer!

Three Floyds - Gumball Head
Central Waters - Barleywine, Scotch Ale and Stout
New Glarus - Apple Ale, Dubbel, Oud Bruin
Bells - Expedition Stout and Two Hearted
Black Husky - Howler
Dark Horse - Double Crooked Tree
Jamse Page - Casper White Stout
O'so - Convenient Distraction
Homebrew!

These are all new breweries to me and I'm excited to get a taste of the midwest. Thanks Wet Tie Affair!

Good to see everything made it to you - I used a different shipping method and was a little paranoid! (For those curious, the homebrew is an Imperial Red)

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Zam posted:

Alewerks Pumpkin
Hardywood Blackberry
Hardywood Bourbin DIPA
Westbrook IPA
Jai Alai
Three Brothers Drift
Terrapin Hopsecutioner

Great box - some beers I'm looking forward to revisiting and some new options as well. Will be opening an IPA or two during football today. Thanks poop dood!

Is Alewerks' Bourbon Barrel Porter good? I've seen it all over the place in VA, but unsure if I should pick it up.

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Let the liquor do the thinkin'

the yellow dart posted:

Is Alewerks' Bourbon Barrel Porter good? I've seen it all over the place in VA, but unsure if I should pick it up.

Yea it's really good. I can't find anymore in NoVa or I'd go pick up a couple more. Great bourbon heavy porter/stout.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

the yellow dart posted:

yes, i'd say it's one of the better beers in the state. it tends to be really hot and boozy on draft, but is great out of the bottle.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Zam posted:

Alewerks Pumpkin
Hardywood Blackberry
Hardywood Bourbin DIPA
Westbrook IPA
Jai Alai
Three Brothers Drift
Terrapin Hopsecutioner

Glad the box made it across the country safely! One thing, though -- I absolutely do not remember putting a Jai Alai in there. I was definitely looking for some to send you, but didn't find any. I did reuse the box ReaperUnreal sent me, though, and I guess it's possible he hid a Jai Alai in there that I somehow didn't find. Either way, enjoy!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

poop dood posted:

Glad the box made it across the country safely! One thing, though -- I absolutely do not remember putting a Jai Alai in there. I was definitely looking for some to send you, but didn't find any. I did reuse the box ReaperUnreal sent me, though, and I guess it's possible he hid a Jai Alai in there that I somehow didn't find. Either way, enjoy!

Hahaha, this is the best. :allears: Bonus beer!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Haha, that has happened to me a few times where I will toss in Jai Alai or something as an extra. The box gets reused and the sender has no idea.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

poop dood posted:

very curious, hmmm...

ReaperUnreal
Feb 21, 2007
Trogdor is King

poop dood posted:

I wish I had a Jai Alai to send. Stupid Canada.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

funkybottoms posted:

very curious, hmmm...

Oh, you sneaky son of a bitch.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

poop dood posted:

Oh, you sneaky son of a bitch.

i actually included a note, though- dunno if it was missed or if Zam was having some fun

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

SUPER HASSLER sent me a really really loving cool box:

Also tossed in some coasters, stickers, and trade mags. Going to watch some football with the Bretted Saison tonight!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Double post, but a bit of housekeeping. So far I have not seen the following people RECEIVE boxes:

Retemnev
SUPER HASSLER
Reaper Unreal
Iodie
americanzero4128
Jerome Louis
Catfish Noodlin
nosleep
Merkin Muffley
air-

If you are on this list and have received your box, please let me know! Also, if you haven't received, please don't worry, plenty of time to get a box. I just want to make sure I am up on my tracking. I know for sure several of these boxes have gone out.

edit: vvvv whoops added ya in!

swickles fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Sep 9, 2014

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
I haven't received one either :) if you're shipping mine please try and send a tracking # so I can make sure I'm here to bring it

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

swickles posted:

SUPER HASSLER sent me a really really loving cool box:

Also tossed in some coasters, stickers, and trade mags. Going to watch some football with the Bretted Saison tonight!

what's the Breakside?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

funkybottoms posted:

what's the Breakside?

IPA. Ironically a friend of mine who lives in Portland just visited and brought a bottle of it back for me. He isn't a beer guy but just asked some people and thats what he got. I loved it though, so I am excited to have it again.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

I got mine safe, busy with work tonight but I'll post about it shortly.

Also I'm glad that swickles' box got in OK. Hopefully he won't mind the one rogue Idaho beer in the midst of all the Oregonian excitement.

Drink that Be Still now, 'cuz it's, uh, still and oxidation will come sooner as a result.

SUPER HASSLER fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Sep 9, 2014

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

swickles posted:

Double post, but a bit of housekeeping. So far I have not seen the following people RECEIVE boxes:

Retemnev
SUPER HASSLER
Reaper Unreal
Iodie
americanzero4128
Jerome Louis
Catfish Noodlin
nosleep
Merkin Muffley
air-

If you are on this list and have received your box, please let me know! Also, if you haven't received, please don't worry, plenty of time to get a box. I just want to make sure I am up on my tracking. I know for sure several of these boxes have gone out.

edit: vvvv whoops added ya in!

FYI, nosleep will be getting his box tomorrow today judging by the tracking code! Fingers crossed everything arrived okay.

Also, is it just me or are a bunch of people still waiting on their packages this time around? Mildly worrying!

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Podima posted:

FYI, nosleep will be getting his box tomorrow today judging by the tracking code! Fingers crossed everything arrived okay.

Also, is it just me or are a bunch of people still waiting on their packages this time around? Mildly worrying!

I think it was due to the holiday.

Catfish Noodlin will be getting his box tomorrow as well.

Zam fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 9, 2014

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Merkin Muffley confirmed via PM that he received his box with all bottles intact, he just hasn't posted about it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
my box says it was delivered, so I hope the _intended_ recipient is currently enjoying the contents...

• Locked thread