Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

dscruffy1 posted:

Penitentiary/Polsy - Interview Tapes: Zsasz 1/2/3/4/5, Chronicle of Arkham 11

Character bios updated: Poison Ivy, Clayface, Ventriloquist, Calendar Man, Two-Face, Mister Freeze

Combat: Shock and Awe/Polsy

Got a lot of characters showing up in this one. I'm noticing that I'm not getting the trophies that unlock challenge rooms before they'd be nice to have, so I'm probably going to start running through the challenges I've missed so far as extra videos. Still getting all the trophies! Just would like to have all the challenge rooms done before I hit the end of the game.

Just so you know, you uploaded Two-Face's statistics in place of Mr. Freeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

Just so you know, you uploaded Two-Face's statistics in place of Mr. Freeze.

Figured I'd screw one of those up sooner or later. It's fixed.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I don't like Ivy's design in this game as much as I don't like Harley's. It's too... well, crudely grim-dark - but that's the case with a lot of the characters. Also, the interaction between the two of them is just so... not as it was established in the comics. It's annoying.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Zsasz' interview tapes are kind of terrifying. Probably because he's a lot more realistic than Batman's other villains.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You can't "tap" on the glass. He changes to Gordon when you rotate the camera off of him for a moment.

As an added note, the doctor that Zsasz broke out to kill was rescued by Batman in the prequel comic to this game. She also appears in-game and I think we've seen her already at this point.

We have indeed. She's the doctor who said "I never really believed he was real" about Batman. Because continuity is hard.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Nihilarian posted:

Zsasz' interview tapes are kind of terrifying. Probably because he's a lot more realistic than Batman's other villains.

I think it's a combination of that and also because Zsasz isn't as publicized. Every other villain we've got tapes for has been a major movie or game villain, or is known from the animated series. Zsasz was completely new to me when I started up the game the first time and I'd never heard of this dude, but man oh man is he a rabbit hole unto himself.

Also, yeah, I realize now that the Clayface thing is that I didn't actually get close enough to talk to him. So. My bad. I may go back for it later and I might not. Probably not.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, I barely knew about Zsasz before this game. He was in Knightfall, as I recall, but I thought he was just one of the minor villains from that comic like Cornelius Stirk and Film Freak.

He was also in Batman Begins, interestingly enough.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Samovar posted:

I don't like Ivy's design in this game as much as I don't like Harley's. It's too... well, crudely grim-dark - but that's the case with a lot of the characters. Also, the interaction between the two of them is just so... not as it was established in the comics. It's annoying.

I still like that BTAS episode where they team up and take over Bruce Wayne. Joker's reaction and the fact that they had to change the original script because of Mark Hamill's reading was also hilarious.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He was also in Batman Begins, interestingly enough.

When I first saw the film I was hoping they'd do more with him when I caught the namedrop, but it was just a one off court scene with him as a mob hitman in court with a bogus insanity defense via Scarecrow if I recall. It served the plot of that movie but because the trilogy was going for a more realistic setting it was odd as Zsasz was one of the few who didn't require any changes to be made plausible.

Mortuus
Nov 8, 2012

Jesus loves you, useless corpse

Broken Box posted:

When I first saw the film I was hoping they'd do more with him when I caught the namedrop, but it was just a one off court scene with him as a mob hitman in court with a bogus insanity defense via Scarecrow if I recall. It served the plot of that movie but because the trilogy was going for a more realistic setting it was odd as Zsasz was one of the few who didn't require any changes to be made plausible.

I thought he was just some random bald guy during the Arkham Asylum escape scene, if I recall.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Samovar posted:

I thought Harley's end of the interaction with Ivy was exactly in keeping with how she might act. "I'd love to help you out, but Mistah J says I have better things to do. But on the other hand... eh, screw it!"

Poison Ivy's character is pretty different from the cartoon though, yes.

bodz5150
Jun 29, 2005

I'm the only muthafukin Jedi to defeat the muthafukin Emperor! Not even Yoda pulled that shit off! I'm tired of that bitch Skywalker gettin all the muthafukin credit!
I have not sounded off in the love for this LP thus far, so I want to say I followed "The Man with a Hat"'s LP years ago and loved it. The following is spoiled to be safe. Please tell me (sorry if it's been posted already) that you will show off the "secret" that took a year or more for players to find. I think the developers had to leak this secret for people to find it.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
He's said he'll be coming back to it. Cheers!

Kazeite
Dec 27, 2012
Going back to Harley's nurse outfit, when you think about it, it's actually brilliant. No, wait, hear me out on this :)

First, Joker is playing doctor here with Titan formula, and every doctor needs a nurse, right? :v:

Second, Harley has decided to dress like stereotypical sexy nurse in order to get Joker's "attention"...

e: And let's just leave it at that :D

Kazeite fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Sep 8, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm pretty sure it's just an ironic reference to Harley's old Dr. Quinzel days.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Mortuus posted:

I thought he was just some random bald guy during the Arkham Asylum escape scene, if I recall.

He was both! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhiUDf9YJPk <-- real lovely quality, but here's the scene I was referring to in short.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I really loved running into the first psycho because after hearing them all yelling and growling, you think "Oh poo poo this might be some tough new enemy" but then Batman just floors the guy in one counter.

e: oopsie daisy there was a spoiler here, it's gone now! *SMOKE PELLET*

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Sep 8, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm seeing some spoilers here. They wouldn't be spoilers for future events in this game or the sequels, would they? Because...

dscruffy1 posted:

:siren:SPOILERS?!:siren:
Talk about the comics. Talk about some of the weird poo poo in the DC universe. Talk about how Jason Todd got crowbar'd. Talk about the New 52. Don't get into petty bitchfests about the New 52, that's what BSS is for. But please don't talk about anything that happens here or in the next two games until we get there. Someone might be waiting!

Kazeite
Dec 27, 2012
The fact that Joker has a Titan formula shouldn't be a spoiler anymore, because we already "got there"? :confused:

I'm sorry if I got something wrong :(

Kazeite fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Sep 8, 2014

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
All the pregnancy test talk is stuff that goes on in the next game. It's more of an Easter egg than it is something critical but it's still a little bit spoilery? Just toss it out for now if that's okay.

As for the outfit, I'd put that onto a callback to Harley having previously been a member of the staff at Arkham but I really hadn't put much thought into it before. She's just poorly dressed!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

people these days are way too thin-skinned about spoilers. Saying that Darth Vader is luke's father can be considered a spoiler, since it's a pivotal part of the movie. Small easter egg side stories really shouldn't be considered spoilers.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

double nine posted:

people these days are way too thin-skinned about spoilers. Saying that Darth Vader is luke's father can be considered a spoiler, since it's a pivotal part of the movie. Small easter egg side stories really shouldn't be considered spoilers.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You spoiled it for me. :(

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Truth is I don't mind the chat on that bit since it is just an Easter egg. If it was a more significant thing like someone dies at the end of the game that might be a different story. So go ahead with this particular line if you're so inclined but for major plot points I'd prefer it's not a thing!

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012

my dad posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You spoiled it for me. :(

… You haven't seen the Empire Strikes Back? :stare:

… I'm not even mad. That's actually sort of amazing.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Delta Green posted:

… You haven't seen the Empire Strikes Back? :stare:

… I'm not even mad. That's actually sort of amazing.

:sigh:

Overreacting to someone mentioning Vader being Luke's father is one of the oldest and proudest internet traditions. I thought the NOOOOO would give you a clue.

tl;dr I was joking

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
This loving derail :allears:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I've finally hit the big time, I've got a thread derail :woop:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

dscruffy1 posted:

I've finally hit the big time, I've got a thread derail :woop:

Hey, talking about Mark Hamill is not a derail in a Batman thread. :colbert:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

my dad posted:

Hey, talking about Mark Hamill is not a derail in a Batman thread. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeT0CCQ1yqo

This is oddly appropriate for the derail.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Calax posted:

I believe you meant to link to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrA2d_6qZGA

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Calax posted:

Mark can't quite do the Luke voice anymore, I think his voice has dropped an octave since the films.

But still, this is charming.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Calax posted:

Say what you will about Hamill's Joker voice, what he really contributed is that amazing laugh. The way it just explodes out of him is incredible.

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012

my dad posted:

:sigh:

Overreacting to someone mentioning Vader being Luke's father is one of the oldest and proudest internet traditions. I thought the NOOOOO would give you a clue.

tl;dr I was joking

tl;dr So was I.

And now the joke is dead.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Speaking of back on track...

Botanical Gardens 1/Polsy - Interview Tapes: Joker 4/5, Poison Ivy 1/2/3

Character bios updated: Mad Hatter, Thomas and Martha Wayne

Predator: Survival Tactics/Polsy

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

From normal doctor/patient relationship to love slave in three days flat. Poison Ivy works fast.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Honestly, that's pretty slow for Ivy. Impressive he managed to last a whole conversation.

Kazeite
Dec 27, 2012
What happened at 14:08? Shouldn't Batman be able to effortlessly leap from opponent to opponent at this point? Instead, he just turns around and goes like "Myeh. That's my kick." causing you to lose combo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

As a person who has Arkham Asylum on Steam, I am very angry about the Botanical Gardens predator map being a PS3 DLC exclusive.

It's my favorite map in the game because it actually stands out from the others in that it's green and not just a drab building interior. :argh:

As a fun fact, if you opt to disable the power before you enter that room with the water, you can actually avoid having Joker kill that guard! Though he probably gets killed some other way.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 9, 2014

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.

Kazeite posted:

What happened at 14:08? Shouldn't Batman be able to effortlessly leap from opponent to opponent at this point? Instead, he just turns around and goes like "Myeh. That's my kick." causing you to lose combo.

If I'm not wrong, the distance you can leap around is dependent on how 'deep into' a combo's momentum you are - he just completed a takedown, which keeps his combo NUMBER, but resets his momentum. Low momentum + large distance = meh boot rather than room-crossing flying kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

The Arkham janitors must be the most well paid custodial staff in the world. I can't imagine a paycheck big enough to convince me to stay on at a place where riots and breakouts are a weekly occurrence.

• Locked thread