Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Emron posted:

Is the latest issue out already? I'm not seeing anything on google.

The Crunchyroll version goes up in 30 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forhorglingrads
Aug 14, 2003

Squidster posted:

Scanlations have begun! Begin your frantic :f5:, people.

EDIT: Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo guys.

Here it is.

edit - BTW, thanks for the link Squidster.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Here's the good version. http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read/manga?volume_id=273&chapter_num=61.00

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Much smoother read

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

This chapter felt like it didn't live up to all the build-up. I like how it was laid out, but the coup itself felt a bit anti-climactic.

As Levi said, the revolution isn't entirely over yet

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

On the last panel of this chapter: the knife will be used to cut open Eren's neck, and inside there will be another, smaller lifeform that has been acting as Eren's "pilot."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Aren't the author's political beliefs kinda hosed up? Somehow I think a military takeover is something he's projecting he actually wants and isn't just for crazy meat mecha land

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Armor-Piercing posted:

On the last panel of this chapter: the knife will be used to cut open Eren's neck, and inside there will be another, smaller lifeform that has been acting as Eren's "pilot."

heh. In all seriousness though, they're obviously about to take out Eren's nape and feed it to Historia

BUT WHY HER?!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kenny's actually probably about to cut the poo poo out if him because his loving name's Kenny the Ripper.

Which is rather non-threatening because his name is loving KENNY.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Captain Invictus posted:

Aren't the author's political beliefs kinda hosed up?

While a military coup might seem like a terrible thing in general, when the fictional military is filled with all the cool characters and the fictional government is a bunch of corrupt greedy cloak and dagger shitbirds, it's pretty justified. See also: LoGH.

Plus, it's a monarchy. gently caress them!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If it was a military coup of a freely elected democratic government, and also not in a situation where humanity is on the brink of extinction, you might be on to something.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Aren't the author's political beliefs kinda hosed up? Somehow I think a military takeover is something he's projecting he actually wants and isn't just for crazy meat mecha land

The government is the closest thing I've ever seen to the platonic ideal of a fascist regime and the plot is almost literally about fascism. I am 99% certain it is a deliberate examination, though there might be aspects of projection in there. No way to know for sure until the story resolves itself.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

It keeps nagging at me. Why does Reiss need to hide the fact he's the real king? Why does he need a puppet?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Kenny's actually probably about to cut the poo poo out if him because his loving name's Kenny the Ripper.

Which is rather non-threatening because his name is loving KENNY.

Guess which one is named Kenny.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Nelson Mandingo posted:

It keeps nagging at me. Why does Reiss need to hide the fact he's the real king? Why does he need a puppet?

Maybe he's in hiding from the shifter faction?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Pfft stop posting that fake poo poo

Now there's a Kenny I can believe is a badass :smug:

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 10, 2014

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I miss the titans :(

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

achillesforever6 posted:

Pfft stop posting that fake poo poo

Now there's a Kenny I can believe is a badass :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-I9UYkIibk

Kenny clearly the strongest of all time

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Guess which one kicked down the loving doors like he's in a western?

And that name's still not threatening just because the dude can kick rear end.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Waiting for Wall cult shenanigans.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Agreed posted:

I miss the titans :(

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Historia is remarkably okay with eating Eren and taking his commander powers.

Fair enough. Her heart wasn't totally in with the Recon corps. If other characters can constantly shift allegiances, so can she.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

The best dad. :3:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

:lol: That is completely amazing.

I don't really "miss the Titans," I just miss the pacing. If you just look a little earlier in the thread, around the time of the reveal of the armored and colossal titans' identities, I think I was griping that the action was JUST TOO FAST PACED but now that the actual plot is progressing (sorta) and the author's need for the Titans in an explicit capacity is much more measured - we're already reading, now he gets to tell the story, and I'm missing shenanigans atop the wall after all.

Speculation: I think the king might be Gorilla Grod - he doesn't know poo poo about what's going on, but the ruling faction obviously knows what's up with the titans and all that poo poo; maybe he took a walk one evening? Though why he'd capriciously turn a whole village into titans is weird, but all we know about both Magilla Gorilla and the King is literally that they can speak just fine and don't know what's going on in folks' day-to-day. If we had more context for the King's personality maybe this would be incongruous (or not, who knows, he's had all of like one line so far), but as it is, there's not much to go from so I choose wild speculation!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Phobophilia posted:

Fair enough. Her heart wasn't totally in with the Recon corps. If other characters can constantly shift allegiances, so can she.

Not to mention, her dad's finally giving her the parental love she's always been deprived of, seeing how her mother always wished she would gently caress off and die and her grandparents didn't want much to do with her either. That could also wean her loyalties (whatever they were) away from the Survey Corps and towards Lod Reiss' faction.

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

I'm not sure what makes you think she's okay with whatever they're about to do to Eren. All we have to go on is a single drawing of her standing around, looking... something. Her face could be anything from appalled to scared to bored, given Isayama's artistic skills. The hands suggest a fidgety nervousness, though, which I certainly don't take as her being okay with the situation. We'll see soon enough I guess.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

She was told he tastes like bacon.

Phobophilia posted:

Fair enough. Her heart wasn't totally in with the Recon corps. If other characters can constantly shift allegiances, so can she.[/spoiler]

Her heart isn't with the Recon Corps; its with Ymir. Hmm...maybe that is the reason she is willing to have some Eren burger. Someone may have told her that becoming a titan or whatever will happen will bring her closer to Ymir.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 30, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't mean i gathered his beliefs based on reading the chapter. I recall he had some messed up statements about how Japan liberated China and Korea, or something like that. I mean, this chapter was perfectly justified, I just hope it doesn't become his personal political belief soapbox down the road or anything.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

El-Bonko posted:

I'm not sure what makes you think she's okay with whatever they're about to do to Eren. All we have to go on is a single drawing of her standing around, looking... something. Her face could be anything from appalled to scared to bored, given Isayama's artistic skills. The hands suggest a fidgety nervousness, though, which I certainly don't take as her being okay with the situation. We'll see soon enough I guess.

She is at most reluctant. That's pretty drat okay with eating Eren. Historia and Eren are comrades, they are at most friends, but there is no kind of deep bond between the two. If she was not okay with it, she would be actively trying to resist. Mikasa would have tried to shank Kenny and hold Reiss hostage long ago.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Did I miss the part about eating Eren or something because I got no idea where that's coming from.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Last page of Ch61. You can kind of work it out.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Saagonsa posted:

Did I miss the part about eating Eren or something because I got no idea where that's coming from.

Eren is on an alter and Historia's backstory has shades of her being groomed for some sort of titan ritual. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gSY0oMEnkBk/UvWWDhHngrI/AAAAAAAAFSs/cnxySEYARUA/005.png?imgmax=3000

I don't know if she'll devour him or if it's the other way around but something is going on there.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

Vore fetishists coming out of the woodwork.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It's a mat, and it's called... Jump! To Conclusions!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The Recon corps have been desperately running around searching for Eren because they believe that he is going to be fed to someone to pass on his titan powers. And suddenly, we have a shot of Eren and Historia, one is bound, the other is free.

How else are you going to interpret that image?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's actually multiple ways to interpret it.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

The Recon corps have been desperately running around searching for Eren because they believe that he is going to be fed to someone to pass on his titan powers.

Does the survey corps even know that might be a thing?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Saagonsa posted:

Does the survey corps even know that might be a thing?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r5Epdm_fG1Y/U2d_PpqMS5I/AAAAAAAAGks/sfpnOohYny4/002.jpg?imgmax=3000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Oh yeah, so I did miss something then