Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

quote:

Why haven't we seen price rally in light of all the Braintree/PayPal news? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 10 minutes ago by branmanchu
I know btc hasn't reacted to good news in a long time. But you would think something of this magnitude would produce some level of increased demand.

quote:

[–]bell2366 1 point a minute ago
Either way, the whales are having a great time manipulating the price any which way they want. Expect a drop to shake bitcoin out of loose hands.

no spike for PAYPAL TOTALLY ADOPTING BITCOIN GUYS because whales are manipulating the price to stay stagnant. got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

if we all believe hard enough then bitcoin can reach any price and accomplish anything

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
If you believe, clap your hands! Don't let butts die!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
5, quoting for the new page

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

AlbieQuirky posted:

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

http://www.wired.com/2014/09/satoshi/

http://pastebin.com/7gbPi8Qr

looks like the "troll" (with the boring pseudonym Jeffrey) who hacked into Satoshi's account has made a pastebin, set a bounty, and started posting screenshots of the account.

quote:

A more intriguing possibility, however, is that the account was hacked. If that’s true, Jeffrey could have access to a treasure trove of private Satoshi Nakamoto emails. And that information could help unmask Nakamoto’s true identity.

Michael Marquardt, the head administrator of the the Bitcointalk.org discussion forum says that Jeffrey sent him an excerpt of an email he’d sent to Nakamoto back in March of this year. “So either the email account was compromised since March,” he says, “or the attacker gained access to old emails when he compromised the account.”

:munch:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
aww that's cute thermos has been emailing a guy that cut off all contact with the community 4 years ago :3:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

more carnage

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

mention on thenextweb

"Around the same time, the Bitcoin repository on Sourceforge was defaced to point to the troll website Buttcoin.org (har har). "

I wish I still had access to the contact email, I wonder what kind of emails the site is getting right now.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
Jewish
Economic
Foundation:
Fiat
Rule
Every
Year

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Plank Walker posted:

Jewish
Economic
Foundation:
Fiat
Rule
Every
Year

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

Everyone, everyone join hands

:tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt::tutbutt:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

I hope it's satoshi fake hacking himself so he can deny doing something else no one has noticed yet

reidscones
Apr 5, 2007

:snoop: deserve got nothin to do with it :snoop:
can anyone get the screenshots from the pastebin to load

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i was able to mirror the first one to imgur :nws: http://i.imgur.com/GM8Acfg.jpg :nws:

i'm using an extension to go straight from cache to imgur but sometimes it gets converted to jpg which is weird

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

duTrieux. posted:

i was able to mirror the first one to imgur :nws: http://i.imgur.com/GM8Acfg.jpg :nws:

i'm using an extension to go straight from cache to imgur but sometimes it gets converted to jpg which is weird

this post contains goats and e

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sniep posted:

this post contains goats and e

nuts to you!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sniep posted:

this poatse

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

reidscones posted:

can anyone get the screenshots from the pastebin to load

not only that our finest detectives at /r/buttcoin have done some CSI magic

Anthony Geary

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
cannot fathom why people censor out personal information by anything but completely covering it with a black box

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Thesoro posted:

cannot fathom why people censor out personal information by anything but completely covering it with a black box

seriously

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
or a white box

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

anthonypants posted:

or a white box

let's not go loving nuts here

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

this hacker guy seems pretty poo poo so far. hand over the creds to barbarian bob already

also since that email order was from 2013, long after Satoshi disappeared, it's likely some joker used his email address as a contact email.

I'm awaiting the incoming reddit witchhunt

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010

FCKGW posted:

not only that our finest detectives at /r/buttcoin have done some CSI magic

Anthony Geary

he was great in UHF

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Phoning It In posted:

he was great in UHF

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

so do we know who this....

anthony

geary

is? are we sure his name isn't james?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Mido posted:

so do we know who this....

anthony

geary

is? are we sure his name isn't james?
whoever it is, it isn't me

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

drat how deep does this rabbit hole go

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Boxturret posted:

aww that's cute thermos has been emailing a guy that cut off all contact with the community 4 years ago :3:

thermos has a cruuu-uuuush

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

If I wanted to hack satoshi's email address I'd do a password recovery and for mothers maiden name I'd just put in whatever google i'm feeling lucky says to "what's the best train".

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Krinkle posted:

If I wanted to hack satoshi's email address I'd do a password recovery and for mothers maiden name I'd just put in whatever google i'm feeling lucky says to "what's the best train".

we have to bring fishmech outta retirement, he's the only one whos mind works like satoshi's

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

the team approaches a haggard man chopping wood in a clearing, he wipes the sweat from his brow and looks up

"what do you dickheads want!? EH!?"

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

FCKGW posted:

hahaha the sourceforge page linked to buttcoin too

acummulation

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

PleasureKevin posted:

leak the satoshi nudes

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Phoning It In posted:

he was great in UHF

rip trinidad silva backed currency

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

what is that man doing to his buttcoin?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

Could this be a government posing as a hacker in order to discredit the threat to mainstream currencies?
in the basement of the NSA, in a darkened room illuminated only by the sinister glow of monitors and blinking leds, crouches lt. col. judas b schiller, us cyber command.

the credentials prism gave him were correct: he has just logged into sourceforge with the account of the cryptoterrorist who threatens the very existence of the state he is sworn to protect. now it is time to fight back.

sweating, lt. col. schiller carefully types the word "buttcoin," then pauses to admire it. with increasing confidence he continues: "is a peer to peer butt."

america is saved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

It's finally happening, the moment we've all been waiting for

• Locked thread