Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm p sure winson is the scum.

##vote winson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm p sure winson is the scum.

##vote winson

I have had thoughts in that direction myself, but they were explained by confusion in the flavour surrounding my Night 0 action. Do you have anything more solid?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jedit posted:

I have had thoughts in that direction myself, but they were explained by confusion in the flavour surrounding my Night 0 action. Do you have anything more solid?

I sort of thought Winson was townie yesterday because his tone felt pretty natural, but really looking back at the content it's not all that compelling. I would definitely like to hear a lot more from him.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I sort of thought Winson was townie yesterday because his tone felt pretty natural, but really looking back at the content it's not all that compelling. I would definitely like to hear a lot more from him.

I have been yabbering in the mason doc a lot, I am gonna post more here after I get the kid off to school

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Hal Incandenza posted:

MY NEW THOUGHTS

I have thought on it and am pretty sure Jedit is town, he is my hardest read re: town. My vote yesterday was reading a lot more into flavor than was there, and that on top of a deadline. I think the rest of the masonry may actually be town too at this point, honestly.

That leaves five dudes, two or three of which are scum.

FV - Feels very townish to me. Posts are mostly on topic, seems on point, seems actively hunty. I like FV for town.

CPig - CPig is mostly low content bibble babble, but that is apparently his MO? IDK. He feels townish to me even for all that.

MMM - if he is right about having a power to hammer at -2, that would be a crazy power for scum to have.

Hal - kind of a maaaaybe on scumish?

Juanito - ditto Hal, both are sort of soft reads right now.

I am open to QUESTIONS on any of these

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
What does the masonry think about Somber? Is he legit?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Is that like 8 town reads and then 2 really soft scum reads Winson?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also I'm on my phone right now but I'll do a reread when I get to a computer

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

MildManeredManikin posted:

Is that like 8 town reads and then 2 really soft scum reads Winson?

It feels easier to read for Scum than down. Think of that as 5 high probable town reads, 3 iffy townish reads, 2 scummish reads. That is assuming you have the power you claim to, because hammering at -2 for a scum would be like god drat and essentially wrap a game this size up at 7 people.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

If you put a gun to my balls and demanded I vote now, I would go Hal if that is what you are asking.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I have a shortlist of people I'll even consider today. Manikin is one of them.

Please give me the sweet release

Well, on a day without a lot of productive discussion I like executing one of the people who talk less. Juanito and Meinberg are people I'd go for in that sense.

TBH I kind of got burned out on this game pretty quickly.

I definitely read this as an emotional ploy. You can argue against it, sure. There's no definitive way to interpret this, but it worked pretty well.

Yeah actually looking back you have posted a fair bit I'm sorry about that.

This is re: a lurker callout on Juanito. Feels like he got caught making poo poo up.

My abilities are passive but that's not why I said I burned out on the game. I was getting frustrated that every player seemed to either not want to play or wanted to execute me.

Reads pretty fake to me, honestly. The game was definitely slow but this seems over the top and forced.

Manikin back and forth with Cpig has me thinking they're the scumteam. He chimes in but rarely ever advances the discussion, only reiterating the public knowledge that Cpig is the worst.

I can post his whole history here, but I'd encourage you to just reread Manikin. He never scumhunts, he never puts down decisive or strong opinions, he actively defends Cpig for no reason when he talks about his apathy for this game at length, his only thoughtful posts are defenses of his behavior that seems disingenuous, and while I know he might have had a legitimate excuse for not hammering, the timing feels super fishy.

##vote MMM

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Guys, it's winson, I have special knowledges about this.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

It's probably not winson. I also have special knowledge of this.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CapitalistPig posted:

You're the boy who cried wolf.

Why aren't you even voting him yourself?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

fiery_valkyrie posted:

For what it is worth, he did earlier at the start of the day. That said I want to hear the special knowledges too

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I am LOSER.

What a buffoon.

My special knowledge is that I have white male privilege and it tells me that I am right.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CapitalistPig posted:

I am LOSER.

What a buffoon.

My special knowledge is that I have white male privilege and it tells me that I am right.

Ok I missed that.

Still, why am I believing you today after your claims around Jedit yesterday?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Agreed.

Somber your post reads like you are trying to get us to only scum hunt outside of the masonry. Is that what you meant?

Somber, can you reply to this. I feel like you are trying to clear the masonry members based on mechanics rather than on gameplay.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Somber, can you reply to this. I feel like you are trying to clear the masonry members based on mechanics rather than on gameplay.

Yup.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I like winsons response and I also like fv's play I hereby dub them town.

##unvote

Now who is a scum?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

I like winsons response and I also like fv's play I hereby dub them town.

##unvote

Now who is a scum?

You and Manikin.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

You and Manikin.

Well you straight up lied to me and the entire thread. So I can't trust anything you say.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

MildManeredManikin (1): Somberbrero
Winson_Paine (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (9): CapitalistPig, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jedit, Juanito, Meinberg, MildManeredManikin, Winson_Paine

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 09th, 2014 at 11:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Well you straight up lied to me and the entire thread. So I can't trust anything you say.

This feels somewhat hypocritical.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This feels somewhat hypocritical.

I am aware

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

So my feeling is that it's Hal.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I don't mean to brag but I think I crashed votefinder

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well I can't look at archived games through votefinder anymore so I guess I'll explain my read on Hal.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ahhhh... hmmm... did the OP say world-aligned? Regardless, scum could have been given that info.

Hal Incandenza posted:

No mention of world-aligned in the OP. Hmmm.

I'm not really feeling Somber and we don't have much time here.

This reads weird to me. Like I don't really see why there's two posts about it and the 'hmm' strikes me as odd as well.

Another thing I was thinking was that scum chose to kill Maltose and really the only reason I could think to do that was because of Maltose's lurking. That's the kind of move a cool scum person does and I remember doing stuff like that with Hal in butt mafia. I looked back at the game through votefinder because it was archived and I don't have archives (turns out we actually killed pig which is a slight damper on the theory but it was for the same general reason of improving the game)

Anyway those are my thoughts for now, I'm still trying to figure some stuff out but Hal I'm reading as scummy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal certainly hasn't done anything that makes me think he's town. He seems to be coasting by on Juanito's softclaim of an investigation on him and basically not contributing much.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I have other plans for Somber

What were your other plans for Somber Hal? What does this comment even mean?

As a reply to Jedit asking why you weren't voting Somber it is an evasive way out of having to give an opinion on alignment.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

I have a shortlist of people I'll even consider today. Manikin is one of them.

I definitely read this as an emotional ploy. You can argue against it, sure. There's no definitive way to interpret this, but it worked pretty well.

This is re: a lurker callout on Juanito. Feels like he got caught making poo poo up.

Reads pretty fake to me, honestly. The game was definitely slow but this seems over the top and forced.

Manikin back and forth with Cpig has me thinking they're the scumteam. He chimes in but rarely ever advances the discussion, only reiterating the public knowledge that Cpig is the worst.

I can post his whole history here, but I'd encourage you to just reread Manikin. He never scumhunts, he never puts down decisive or strong opinions, he actively defends Cpig for no reason when he talks about his apathy for this game at length, his only thoughtful posts are defenses of his behavior that seems disingenuous, and while I know he might have had a legitimate excuse for not hammering, the timing feels super fishy.

##vote MMM

I can see your point on the MMM/Cpig discussion. MMM spends a lot of time talking about how CPig is posting rubbish, but it doesn't come across as a criticism to me. I think Cpig comes out worse though. D1 his investigation claim was read as a conversation starter, but then he does the same thing today and the only opinion he comes out of it with is a town call on 2 people.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I would like the Driver to claim, please.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hal's other plans for me turned out to be pretty cool, not super interested in lunching him today. I'd like to lunch MMM or Pig though!

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Jedit posted:

Sure!

I AM THE DRIVER, FEAR MY WHEELS.

Last night I drived Jedit and Maltose, because I was sort of suspicious of them but if we are gonna be honest it was mostly arbitrary. So Jedit was the likely candidate for the nightkill and (sorry Maltose) Maltose got hit instead. Which is why I am now double convinced that Jedit is not scum, even if I am not like 100% he is not 3P.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well I guess I retract my maltose and Hal thoughts

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

Where did this come from? I thought driver discussion only happened in my mason doc and was not public knowledge.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

Where did this come from? I thought driver discussion only happened in my mason doc and was not public knowledge.

I too was confused by this.

Pug, where did I lie to the thread?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Grandicap posted:

You appear to have forgotten that there are two masonries in this game (excluding the scumdoc) and Winson is in both of them. Also my masons are allowed to communicate with me (and only me) by PM if they want to tell me something privately. Winson PMed me to tell me what he's just told the thread about bussing me and Maltose. I asked the Driver to claim to try and verify this. As there hasn't been a counterclaim, I know Winson's at least telling the truth about being the Driver - although he could be still be scum and lying about the swap in order to make me trust him.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I just realized the deadline is today. I know we're all probably wrapped up in oot chat but we're really far behind where we should be.

Guys, please reread MMM. I could quote his entire post history but the important thing is that his expressed feelings don't really gel with his actions when it comes to Capitalist Pug. I really don't plan on voting on voting anyone else, although I am capable of it today!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh, I forgot. This is entirely for abuse of my internal role mechanics and is in no way a reflection of my thoughts or attitudes about this game. I am -1 to lynch today so please don't turbo me just because it would be funny. I need to get to -2 or poo poo is going to suck for me.

##vote Somberbrero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Wait how are you at -1 today?

• Locked thread