Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

don't get me wrong they're delicious mutants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Mr Maltose and Murmur Twin must be scum since they haven't posted since the PMs went out.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

soscannonballs posted:

Mr Maltose and Murmur Twin must be scum since they haven't posted since the PMs went out.

sounds reasonable

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Confirming! And I'm not scum, I'm just a stoner with punctuality issues :)

I really like Bacos. For as long as I can remember I've had a tradition of pouring Bacos out onto a plate, and then rolling them up into the bread and eating it. I call it Baco Bread. I have a few friends who think it is delicious and a large majority of them who think this is disgusting. I bought a bag of rolls and two packages of Bacos on a camping trip two weeks ago and pretty much lived off it for the weekend.

One of the only pictures I took from said trip:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
What part of 12 to 10 do you guys not get :colbert:

Seriously, though, confirming up in here. As for bread, my ability to enjoy it is really inhibited by the whole diabetes thing. But some fresh hot naan bread is the loving bomb, especially if you know a guy with an outdoor brick oven to make it with.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

Adus posted:

are bagels really bread, though? they're some sort of mutant amalgamation as far as i'm concerned.

I wasn't allowed to have bagels growing up because my mom thought pretty much the same thing.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Murmur Twin posted:

Confirming! And I'm not scum, I'm just a stoner with punctuality issues :)

I really like Bacos. For as long as I can remember I've had a tradition of pouring Bacos out onto a plate, and then rolling them up into the bread and eating it. I call it Baco Bread. I have a few friends who think it is delicious and a large majority of them who think this is disgusting. I bought a bag of rolls and two packages of Bacos on a camping trip two weeks ago and pretty much lived off it for the weekend.

One of the only pictures I took from said trip:

leave it to the stoner to make a rambling post in BREAD MAFIA about bacon bits

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
i'm sorry that was rude.

TwelveBaud posted:

Confirming :420:

are you two stonerbuddies?

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I've never heard of Bac-Os.

I may have to go find some

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

The Carpet Shark posted:

I wasn't allowed to have bagels growing up because my mom thought pretty much the same thing.

this is the most tragic thing i've ever heard

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
If we are counting bagels as bread, does that mean cinnamon rolls are as well?

Because they are wonderful.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
i think anything macrobially leavened counts as bread. i think cinnamon rolls have yeast?

beer bread: bread

bagels: bread

baco's: not bread

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Strong Mouse posted:

If we are counting bagels as bread, does that mean cinnamon rolls are as well?

Because they are wonderful.

I was going to say cinnamon rolls for my bread, but then I figured they wouldn't count. I feel that would be a little unfair to all the other types of bread, since cinnamon rolls would clearly wipe the floor with them.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

leave it to the stoner to make a rambling post in BREAD MAFIA about bacon bits

I was answering about the best bread I've ever had! I interpreted it as "best bread-based dish", but still.

i'm sorry that was rude.

It's neither the rudest thing that's been said to me in Mafia, nor the rudest thing that's been said to me when I've mentioned Baco Bread :)

quote:

are you two stonerbuddies?

I only signed up for this game because I thought I saw something about getting baked? :rimshot:

Strong Mouse posted:

I've never heard of Bac-Os.

I may have to go find some

:getin:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Murmur Twin posted:

I only signed up for this game because I thought I saw something about getting baked? :rimshot:

:420: you should run bakefia :420:

scum are crackpipes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Votefinder is down right now but I'll manually count the votes until it's back up.

Not Voting - Everybody

Current deadline is Wednesday at midnight EST, or approximately 1 day and 22 hours.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Let me get things rolling*: I feel like Propaganda Machine is scum.

confirmed

and bread without a nice crisp crust is not bread at all

interesting point about boiled bread. i'll have to think about it.

i bought wonder bread when it was on sale once and it was moldy within two days.

It seemed weird to me that Props isn't capatalizing and punctuating when, from watching Awful Survivor/seeing TVIV posts, she usually does. I did a quick post history check which confirmed this, even in other Mafia games/chatty places like Survivor Vistas/Mafia Discussion, she capatalizes and punctuates. To me this implies that she's overthinking what she's posting instead of being natural, which feels scummy to me.

It also feels like she's going out of her to reply to everyone to create content - either that or she has a lot of opinions about bread.

*(no bun intended)

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Murmur Twin posted:

even in other Mafia games/chatty places like Survivor Vistas/Mafia Discussion, she capatalizes and punctuates.

nah there are plenty of instances in vistas where she does not capitalize/punctuate. like half the survivor ADTRW vista and off season vista she does and half she doesn't. depending on mood or something probably.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adus posted:

nah there are plenty of instances in vistas where she does not capitalize/punctuate. like half the survivor ADTRW vista and off season vista she does and half she doesn't. depending on mood or something probably.

Fair enough, I had only done like five minutes of research regarding this and what I saw backed it up, but you're right that there are places where I'm wrong. That said, I still feel like her tone seems off from what I'd expect - if that's nothing more than a hunch right now, it's all I got to go on.

Full disclosure: I don't think I've ever been correct on D1.

Adus/anyone else, any leads and/or stories about their favorite type of bread?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Jalapeno Bread. :3:

I recently moved and I can't find any Jalapeno bread here. I might have to learn how to bake.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Thankfully baking a loaf of bread can be piss easy, so if you have a source for your peppers you'll be good to go.

Other great breads: Banana Bread, Beer Bread, Malt Loaf?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Somehow the entirety of the bread was hot and spicy along with the added jalapenos. I need to figure out the right recipe to make it happen.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Murmur Twin posted:

Let me get things rolling*: I feel like Propaganda Machine is scum.

It seemed weird to me that Props isn't capatalizing and punctuating when, from watching Awful Survivor/seeing TVIV posts, she usually does. I did a quick post history check which confirmed this, even in other Mafia games/chatty places like Survivor Vistas/Mafia Discussion, she capatalizes and punctuates. To me this implies that she's overthinking what she's posting instead of being natural, which feels scummy to me.

It also feels like she's going out of her to reply to everyone to create content - either that or she has a lot of opinions about bread.

*(no bun intended)

Re: capitalizing, this is a phone post.

Anyway I DO have many opinions regarding bread. I've worked in a couple of bakeries!

And I'm one of those people who perpetually retires from mafia after getting lynched as town very early, only to come back, like, immediately. I just want to try something different this time.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
Oh yeah phone posting. I am doing so now and I hate that it capitalizes words against my will.

Also pretty sure at dinner the other night half of my eaten food volume was in the free bread because it was warm and free.

My friend is convinced bread is super bad for you while butter is not so it's a good thing she's not in this game or she'd have a hard time defending herself if she was bread aligned.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Adus posted:

Oh yeah phone posting. I am doing so now and I hate that it capitalizes words against my will.

Also pretty sure at dinner the other night half of my eaten food volume was in the free bread because it was warm and free.

My friend is convinced bread is super bad for you while butter is not so it's a good thing she's not in this game or she'd have a hard time defending herself if she was bread aligned.

If you think about it, butter is really just milk churned into a distinctly scummy substance.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Mr. Maltose posted:

Other great breads: Banana Bread, Beer Bread, Malt Loaf?

I don't care for banana bread, but both beer bread and malt loaf are really good.

Also, I don't have trouble with capitalization while phone posting. But I tend to go back through what I am posting just to make sure everything looks correct.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Banana bread owns with a mild spreadable cheese on it, so that the sweet and savory elements blend perfectly.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (9): Adus, Met, Mr. Maltose, Murmur Twin, Propaganda Machine, soscannonballs, Strong Mouse, The Carpet Shark, TwelveBaud

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lunch. The current deadline is September 11th, 2014 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

Today's discussion topic is:

Who is scum?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1
Today's discussion topic is:

Who is scum?

I'm still going with Prop! Not because I'm super sure she's scum or anything but until I hear non-bread related things I feel like my gut is all I have. That said, there's plenty of time for discussion.

Re: capitalizing, this is a phone post.

Ah right, phone posts. Out of curiosity, which ones were - breadchat above or this explanation?

quote:

And I'm one of those people who perpetually retires from mafia after getting lynched as town very early, only to come back, like, immediately. I just want to try something different this time.

Same here! I usually don't contribute my opinions much on D1 because I hate getting grilled when I'm offering up a flimsy case on someone, but I feel like I don't really have much more to say about bread so I'm trying to leave my comfort zone a bit.

Met posted:

Jalapeno Bread. :3:

I recently moved and I can't find any Jalapeno bread here. I might have to learn how to bake.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Thankfully baking a loaf of bread can be piss easy, so if you have a source for your peppers you'll be good to go.

Met posted:

Somehow the entirety of the bread was hot and spicy along with the added jalapenos. I need to figure out the right recipe to make it happen.

Did you try to make it last night?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
if you see capitalization it was a phone post.

anyway it's really hard casing anybody on D1. as far as i can tell, you just lynch SOMEBODY and hope for the best, since mafia can will probably pull off the night vig.

i guess i can't really hold it against you to case me because i've definitely made myself the most caseable. but i'm not scum!!!

my breadposting was for jokephase. it's over now.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Day one is hard, so you usually just have to go with someone. Who has the fewest posts right now. I'm on my phone, so I won't be able to check for a couple hours.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3663232

so, twelvebaud, followed closely by soscannonballs and carpet shark

going for a lurker is a decent plan, i guess. these guys should get in here and play or something.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm still going with Prop! Not because I'm super sure she's scum or anything but until I hear non-bread related things I feel like my gut is all I have. That said, there's plenty of time for discussion.

I get the vibe they're town, if only because their posts seem lighthearted but not forced. Not to mention there wasn't much going on before PM went full bread.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3663232

so, twelvebaud, followed closely by soscannonballs and carpet shark

going for a lurker is a decent plan, i guess. these guys should get in here and play or something.

That is a good point, since this is Most Newest Mafia the appeal to lurk out as scum may be too tempting.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Mr. Maltose posted:

That is a good point, since this is Most Newest Mafia the appeal to lurk out as scum may be too tempting.

Well, I know in my case I'm just afraid of saying something regular stupid as opposed to scum stupid. Especially since the last time I used a forum I was 13. And it was a forum for a comic about anthro cats.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Day 1 is always stupid when it's not pissing into the wind. Don't stress it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

The Carpet Shark posted:

Well, I know in my case I'm just afraid of saying something regular stupid as opposed to scum stupid. Especially since the last time I used a forum I was 13. And it was a forum for a comic about anthro cats.

checks reg date

seems legit.

yeah, in the past i've fallen victim to saying a thing or two d1 and laying low to avoid the lynch, and getting completely schooled for it in d2. it definitely left a sour taste in my mouth, so i'm just going whole hog over here and this game is silly/relaxed enough that no hard feelings.

if nothing else, it gives us good content to sift through later.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
yeah PM seems to have a habit of getting lynched early yet always being town so i'm pretty sure her posts are just her posts and there's nothing inherently scummy about them, at least not in my opinion

also this game is oddly fitting because this is the facebook page i made to play words with friends during Survivor

https://www.facebook.com/people/Bread-Loaf/100004551826360

TwelveBaud
Jun 6, 2011

Just got home from a long day at work, and if I ever get held 2 hours late, off the clock, for a meeting planning a product for a company that doesn't even exist yet, again, I'll... something involving new employment I guess.

I'm thinking Prop is the most likely scum. She's making easy-to-make calls like uncritically calling out lurkers. And her bread chat was about expanding the classification of bread and being light-hearted about butter (when only one other person has mentioned spreadable substances); even though it wasn't directly about town versus scum, it was using the metaphor this game is based around in a calculating attempt to try to dilute "towndom" and de-fang "scumdom".

The capitalization case is dumb, btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
It was actually me who first mentioned lurkers, I just couldn't really check. She did it after I asked.

• Locked thread