Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I have to wonder, how much does it pay to be a :pgi: fluffer? Because I am for sale, and I can be had for very, very cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Phrosphor posted:

It's cool, Niko and all the other mods have been banned from Reddit and some pubbie is taking over the transverse subreddit.

Wait what? :laffo:

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.

Phrosphor posted:

It's cool, Niko and all the other mods have been banned from Reddit and some pubbie is taking over the transverse subreddit.

Hahahaha, are you serious?

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Pursky found all the info.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskModerators/comments/2g0cxv/subreddit_run_by_developers_violating_reddiquette/

http://www.reddit.com/r/redditrequest/comments/2g0gdd/requesting_rtransverse_current_mods_are/

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Phrosphor posted:

Holy poo poo

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I just realized there is a "Next" button on the funding page, but clicking it doesn't do anything.

I want to know what goal comes after 2.5 Million for Harvesting. I got to know, the mystery is killing me.

Phrosphor posted:

So, as a guy who's never gone to reddit except link clicks (thanks for that MW4 Mercs link by the way, only played it once right before it was pulled from those old forums. Then computer issues), how often does this happen? To real business people, multiple business people, at once. Not just some random person trolling up threads.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Phrosphor posted:

:drat:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Phrosphor posted:

You're welcome. :smug:

EDIT: Hello everyone from Mwomercs.com. I can confirm that I am the mastermind behind having Transverse mods shadowbanned. However, if you'll allow me a brief second, please let me state that MW:O was a great game ruined by glacial progress, poor management, and now a terrible community manager.

In closing, Get hosed Niko. You are the worst.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 10, 2014

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Since I happen to be the second post after the above, may I just add
ITS LIKE RAAAAA-HAAAY-AAAIIN
ON YOUR WEDDING DAY

Section Z posted:

So, as a guy who's never gone to reddit except link clicks (thanks for that MW4 Mercs link by the way, only played it once right before it was pulled from those old forums. Then computer issues), how often does this happen? To real business people, multiple business people, at once. Not just some random person trolling up threads.
Not all that infrequently, but most of the time to tiny little reddits or social-political ones. Anyone running a company should have a clue.

You can totally get away with having mod powers over a reddit for your game or company, and many of them do, as long as you don't do the poo poo PGI was doing. You have to be extremely aware of the appearance of neutrality. If you ban people you better have ironclad proof they were the ones being abusive, can't delete critical threads, etc.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 10, 2014

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Section Z posted:

So I just realized there is a "Next" button on the funding page, but clicking it doesn't do anything.

I want to know what goal comes after 2.5 Million for Harvesting. I got to know, the mystery is killing me.

It doesn't often since usually the companies aren't stupid enough to open their own subreddit like that. Reddit doesn't like mods squashing dissenting comments which is why they disallow that kind of thing (in theory). PGI is hated enough they acted on it, looks like.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Pinch me, this isn't happening.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Forgive me, I'm not very familiar with "the reddits". But from I can tell all that's happened so far is that a request to turn it over has been filed but nothing has actually happened to the Transverse subreddit yet.

If it does I'll be loving ecstatic!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Chomp8645 posted:

Forgive me, I'm not very familiar with "the reddits". But from I can tell all that's happened so far is that a request to turn it over has been filed but nothing has actually happened to the Transverse subreddit yet.

They'll have to give it to someone if they've banned all the people that are set up as mods on it. Otherwise literally nothing can happen to it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I expect it to happen. And it will be great.

They also set up a twitter, but it's dead.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Phrosphor posted:

I wonder how this will impact his job concerning the MWO subreddits...

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.

Tank Boy Ken posted:

The Unsung Hero

HAS DIED

Let's build him a gold plated statue!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Not at all as he can just make another account, prove his identity to the outreach mods and be back in business. A reddit ban is not tied to your IP address, email address or anything else. He's lost the transverse sub and he's lost his reddit karma, but there's no lasting effects other than those. In reddit terms I mean.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Fil5000 posted:

Not at all as he can just make another account, prove his identity to the outreach mods and be back in business. A reddit ban is not tied to your IP address, email address or anything else. He's lost the transverse sub and he's lost his reddit karma, but there's no lasting effects other than those. In reddit terms I mean.
Apart from the second he raises his head he'll be downvoted into no posting ability and get auto-banned again.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

If what one of the redditors said was true, they've already been shadow banned. Which means that nobody can see anything they post or upload.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Wow, this transverse stuff. PGI is like a cargo cult of fraud.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Drewjitsu posted:

You're welcome. :smug:

Please tell me that is you requesting control over the Transverse Reddit. :allears:

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I hope this proves an adequate wrist-slap to convince them of the importance of dealing with their poo poo, listening to their customers, and actually finishing the game they promise. I would not even wager a pack of ketchup on that actually happening, but I still hope. They could still unfuck MWO at this point if they got their heads out of their asses, removed ghost heat, and finished implementing all of the missing features while rolling out a suitably sincere-sounding apology. Just look at the assclowns at CCP and their recovery from the station-walking flub and monoclegate in EVE. It can be done, but someone high up in the company has to finally get a clue before it'll happen.

Until then, I'm just going to heat up some popcorn and watch their pledge page update. Yep. Annnny minute now.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
At their current rate they'll reach their first "stretch goal" in a bit under 200 days.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Thanks for making the MWO thread fun again, PGI! :toot:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Valatar posted:

I hope this proves an adequate wrist-slap to convince them of the importance of dealing with their poo poo, listening to their customers, and actually finishing the game they promise. I would not even wager a pack of ketchup on that actually happening, but I still hope. They could still unfuck MWO at this point if they got their heads out of their asses, removed ghost heat, and finished implementing all of the missing features while rolling out a suitably sincere-sounding apology. Just look at the assclowns at CCP and their recovery from the station-walking flub and monoclegate in EVE. It can be done, but someone high up in the company has to finally get a clue before it'll happen.

Until then, I'm just going to heat up some popcorn and watch their pledge page update. Yep. Annnny minute now.

Unfortunately there will always be white knights like this guy who think PGI can do no wrong, and it is entirely the fault of those DASTARDLY GOONS!

Tank Boy Ken posted:

At their current rate they'll reach their first "stretch goal" in a bit under 200 days.

Kinda wondering (worrying) if we'll see it pick up or something, don't kick-starters generally see a big rush at the start, then again right at the end? I kinda hope the fact it's starting off slow is a good sign that it's not going to go much of anywhere. :allears:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Valatar posted:

Just look at the assclowns at CCP and their recovery from the station-walking flub and monoclegate in EVE.

I don't think they recovered. I dropped six accounts after we did Burn Jita because I was tired of CCPs constant bullshit and Hilmar's idea that he didn't need to listen to anyone. That was a good seven years worth of gaming that I'm not really bothered about now. If you consider that Dust 514 was a swing and a miss, CCP is trying to get the Star Citizen money through 'Valkyrie', and they're floating 'Legion' to replace Dust, and they completely dumped the WoD stuff (that gave us monaclegate, the dressup money was going to WoD). CCP is one of the worst for showing pre-rendered bullshit to create hype, then you get half a game.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Trannyverse website looks like a loving joke. They can't even check for loving grammar or missing words. Yet, they want money for some game that's not only already been made, but is still being made by like 10 other companies.

Idiots. I'm fairly certain MWO could be making 10x the money it is now.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Hmm, total theftpledges continue to rise, but $-per-pledge dropped to below $100 each...

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Oxyclean posted:

Unfortunately there will always be white knights like this guy who think PGI can do no wrong, and it is entirely the fault of those DASTARDLY GOONS!
Unless that guy is a billionaire I think that PGI will have to realize that they've permanently hosed themselves.

Hav posted:

I don't think they recovered.
They did recover, enough so the next couple of years after that returned to growth in subscribers. But it's gone flat again now. Partly due to lack of development on their part, but partly due to stasis in the most attention-grabbing part of their game.

quote:

CCP is trying to get the Star Citizen money through 'Valkyrie'
Bizarre to say since their prototypes for Valkyrie were shown in early 2013 only a few months after star citizen got announced / kickstarted. Now every space game is ripping off SC?

The WoD stuff is totally true though, they took a 20 million write off earlier this year on the whole thing. I'd put it like this: CCP is a company that listens to their customers pretty well. Unfortunately that's only the first step, and if your management and execution is bad the end result is only a smidge better than otherwise.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

kingcom posted:

First change was to have the entire clan invasion being wave after wave of gargoyle primes.

That's fine. Gargoyles in my LP are actually pretty terrifying 5/8[10]/5 monsters.

Kingcom was just poking fun at me being a huge nerd (it's well deserved, I'm a huge nerd). I have a "Let's Play: BattleTech" thread over in the LP subforum. In four months, it'll be four years old. I have been successfully waging Community Warfare for longer than MWO has existed as a playable game.

The current mission is actually kinda MWO-themed, in terms of player/OpForce capabilities (I even made all the player `Mechs "Star League Green" and gave them orange cockpits :ssh: ).

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 10, 2014

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

OB_Juan posted:

Hmm, total theftpledges continue to rise, but $-per-pledge dropped to below $100 each...

Hey, they can just about buy a 1995 Ford Taurus with that.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

They're going to remake episodes of the x files?!

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

Fil5000 posted:

The truth is out there, and it's a stretchgoal.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Finally caught up on the thread. Geeze you guys have been busy. Anyway. D3 started season 1 yesterday and it's pretty cool starting from scratch and having fun with a completed game.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Klyith posted:

Bizarre to say since their prototypes for Valkyrie were shown in early 2013 only a few months after star citizen got announced / kickstarted. Now every space game is ripping off SC?

No, just the ones announced after the tidal wave of money that hit Roberts. There were some space games released before the announcement that I haven't mentioned because of the timing, which as you'll note from your quote above was _shortly after_ Star Citizen. Since then they've been very quiet about it, presumably because they have no clue how to tie it into Eve.

Likewise, Dust 514 never panned out because it got caught in balance hell and they couldn't figure out how to join the economies without tanking either of them; they're doing a re-roll with Legion, this time without the SCEE/SCEA money backing it. CCP is not a good example of a company that does the right thing, it's a great example of a company that found itself a niche.

Klyith posted:

The WoD stuff is totally true though, they took a 20 million write off earlier this year on the whole thing. I'd put it like this: CCP is a company that listens to their customers pretty well. Unfortunately that's only the first step, and if your management and execution is bad the end result is only a smidge better than otherwise.

You're high. During monaclegate, Hilmar actually tried to draw a comparison between designer jeans and the aforementioned 'Monacle' item for your character, justifying the cost. It took the best part of three weeks of making GBS threads up Jita to get them even close to discussing it. And that was just the last example of CCPs weird actions that moderated somewhat when they started to break open the book on ethics.

Google 'T20'. When you come back and tell me about how that was a historical thing and they've learned better, figure out why they've learned better. Hint: getting caught plays a part.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

OB_Juan posted:

50 backers! New milestone!

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

veedubfreak posted:

Finally caught up on the thread. Geeze you guys have been busy. Anyway. D3 started season 1 yesterday and it's pretty cool starting from scratch and having fun with a completed game.

This post is incredibly out of place and is just kind of strange

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

$10,000 Stretch Goal, they buy a Honda Del Sol. :v:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Hybridfusion posted:

This post is incredibly out of place and is just kind of strange

I thought veedub was banned from posting here until we got more pics of his sweet gaming rig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

Don't get my nerd boner raging like that. Who would they cast as Dana Sculley?

• Locked thread