Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

I can see why you'd be suspicious. So why don't you vote for him?

it's a gut feeling, very little merit and I wouldn't feel comfortable lynchin on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Mills failed all my tests and is scum.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Mills failed all my tests and is scum.

Was the modkill a test?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

it's a gut feeling, very little merit and I wouldn't feel comfortable lynchin on it

What do you think of the cases on me, yuming and Magnus?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

What do you think of the cases on me, yuming and Magnus?

weak sauce

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Then why bring up this possibility:

Tremendous Taste posted:

I could think one of those are scum but it's still likelier that one would not be lynched.

If it wasn't something you were considering, you wouldn't even bother to mention it. You're just trying to avoid putting down reads on people so we can't draw connections from you after your flip.

##vote Taste

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Rarity posted:

Then why bring up this possibility:

If it wasn't something you were considering, you wouldn't even bother to mention it. You're just trying to avoid putting down reads on people so we can't draw connections from you after your flip.

##vote Taste

If your argument is that Taste is scum and refusing to provide reads on D1, and D1 only, to avoid connections after his flip, then could you please tell me how you expect him to die tonight?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

It's establishing why what you're saying is a false correlation :sun:

I haven't read why any of you are on the block

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mills posted:

and D1 only

At no point did I say this.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Then you admit you're willfully ignoring Taste's established (admittedly awful) meta.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Fwiw while I think Rarity is coming across a little :sparkles: (no offense) i think she at least believes her own thought processes so i will change my read to town

##unvote

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you're welcome rar

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Mills posted:

Fwiw while I think Rarity is coming across a little :sparkles: (no offense) i think she at least believes her own thought processes so i will change my read to town

##unvote

I knew that when she posted the "ugggh I'm so sick of being lunched day 1" post

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

She does that in every thread regardless of alignment.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mills posted:

Then you admit you're willfully ignoring Taste's established (admittedly awful) meta.

I could show a bunch of examples of how this isn't Taste's meta but I'm not going to do that because in-depth meta arguments are silly. Suffice to say, I don't think Taste is working with us to catch scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

I could show a bunch of examples of how this isn't Taste's meta but I'm not going to do that because in-depth meta arguments are silly. Suffice to say, I don't think Taste is working with us to catch scum.

this is true

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

:gay:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mills you haven't texted me in forever I'm insulted

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

So what you are saying is, it is true that you are not actively helping us try to catch scum?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I no longer have any reason to manipulate your emotions

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

So what you are saying is, it is true that you are not actively helping us try to catch scum?

yeah

Mills posted:

I no longer have any reason to manipulate your emotions

well you just did :qq:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm just trying to stay off AIM and messaging programs at work this week because it's been busy. I've been having my agents contact you on my behalf.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mills, now that you've moved away from me who is pinging your scumdar?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mills posted:

I'm just trying to stay off AIM and messaging programs at work this week because it's been busy. I've been having my agents contact you on my behalf.

too bad I'm a pgo irl

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I can't remember half the player base. I can count Cpig, Mags, Taste, Rarity, TNL, me, yuming.

Of that bunch, Cpig. It's difficult to tell these days with Mags and Cpig because they seem to work to lynch anyone that isn't themselves regardless of their alignments. I'm trying to work out a more reliable way of picking when they are doing this as town and when they are doing it as scum. It's tough. And you don't like meta arguments in any case so this is useless to you. Hope this helps.

Oh kaschei. Hmm. I think he did something I thought seemed townie after my initial scum call but I do not recall what it was. Maybe I just disliked your posts more. I will have to go re-read him.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I just looked at the player list and I'm pretty sure anyone I didn't mention is an outright lurker and probably has less than 5 posts to their name. I'll read kaschei after I get some work done.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hi mills im in the game

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

The Ninth Layer posted:

So hey more than half the thread still hasn't voted anybody :(

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm good with lynching yuming. Or anyone else really vOv
If I can't get people voting for Magnus TNL would be my next choice

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Oh no I forgot deadline is coming up. I blame lack of votefinder in the OP.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
you could always vote for me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kaschei posted:

If I can't get people voting for Magnus TNL would be my next choice

That post is really bad but I find it hard to think a scum could think they'd get away with saying it.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

uranus posted:

you could always vote for me

Once you're gone only mills will be in space and I don't trust him

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

That post is really bad but I find it hard to think a scum could think they'd get away with saying it.

Why is it bad?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
If arrentia has taught me anything, it's that I've lost all my reads on players and have to go back to the drawing board.

I don't think there is anything scum wouldn't say at this point.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Tearshed has an avatar! Also here I am~

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Here you are~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I look at votefinder and see the deadline is tonight and that Magnus is voting me :|

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Votecount for Day 1

Tremendous Taste (2): uranus, Rarity
yuming (2): uranus, The Ninth Layer, uranus, Rarity, Magnus Gallant, Rarity
Magnus Gallant (2): wins32767, kaschei, kaschei, kaschei, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Rarity (1): Magnus Gallant, CapitalistPig, yuming, Mills, Magnus Gallant, CapitalistPig, Mills
Opopanax (1): Opopanax
Lynch No One! (1): Tremendous Taste, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Mills (1): The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, Rarity, Rarity, CapitalistPig
kaschei (0): Mills, Mills

Not Voting (3): Little Mac, Mills, tearshed

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 10th, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 3 minutes.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Are you kidding me I was just about to post that, haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Magnus Gallant posted:

Why is it bad?

Cause he just wants to lynch somebody and survive rather than lynch scum. I didn't think I needed to explain that.

• Locked thread