Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Hey, I'm playing. :colbert:

I'm just terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah alright you count too, but you're not really contributing a whole lot. I guess I'm not either but eh.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Okay, so I trust the people in my masonry. I'm still iffy on Jedit, but I've been mostly convinced that he's cool. Fiery_Valkyrie has been playing her butt off, and has mostly suffered due to Australian time zones.

CPig is CPig and I kinda hate him, but I still think he's town (maybe because I'm bad at Mafia?).

Hal and Juanito have been nigh-on zero content to their posts, and if they don't post more, they're going to the top of my scum list.

I still have a largely null read on MMM, but Somber's case read pretty good to me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Meinberg posted:

Okay, so I trust the people in my masonry. I'm still iffy on Jedit, but I've been mostly convinced that he's cool. Fiery_Valkyrie has been playing her butt off, and has mostly suffered due to Australian time zones.

CPig is CPig and I kinda hate him, but I still think he's town (maybe because I'm bad at Mafia?).

Hal and Juanito have been nigh-on zero content to their posts, and if they don't post more, they're going to the top of my scum list.

I still have a largely null read on MMM, but Somber's case read pretty good to me.

But I love you meinberg

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
on consideration I can get behind MMM

##vote MMM

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meinberg and Somber here is my last defence. Please read it and answer each point.

Winson pointed out something I didn't really think about before but if I were scum my power would move EXLO up by one day, allowing a scum turbo quicker than expected.

Both of you seem exasperated at the lack of play in this thread, you can say you think I've been scummy but you can't say I haven't posted and cooperated.

Finally, What about Somber's case has been paticularly good? The part where I had a town read on Pig despite thinking he is awful? That is exactly what meinberg and Juanito have expressed as well. The part where I didn't cut enough time into my work shift to hammer the first night?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Manikin I really do appreciate what you're saying, I'm not trying to be dismissive because I appreciate your effort in this game. However, unless I am about be proven very very very wrong I think I am making the right choice, and even if I'm not it's important for me to proven wrong here.

Would you claim for us Mani?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Flavour? I'm a Battlebabe! :wink:

one shot BP, can hammer at -2

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meinberg I'm waiting for your response

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Can I answer for him or do you want his words?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

What do you mean answer for him? Also you answering the points would be fine too I guess.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

MildManeredManikin posted:

Meinberg I'm waiting for your response

I think that you're intentionally leaving out several core components of Somber's case, like your willingness to lean on emotional pleas and your lack of case work. The only person you actually case is Hal, and you immediately revoke your case afterwards.

I think that your reinterpretation of Somber's case is another of these emotional pleas, and is pretty scummy, in all honesty.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

That's fair I guess. I mean I don't really appreciate the accusation that I've been making emotional pleas because I am not a fan of those but I can see why it has appeared that way.

Hope this helps! ##vote MMM

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:unsmigghh: :redhammer:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

MildManeredManikin posted:

That's fair I guess. I mean I don't really appreciate the accusation that I've been making emotional pleas because I am not a fan of those but I can see why it has appeared that way.

Hope this helps! ##vote MMM

Ernie jr

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Phone post:

Mmm world-aligned Battlebabe, 1shot bp, can hammer at -2

Will post a real flip and such later

I can't close the thread but don't post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The sun was setting, yet it still wasn't even dusky. Just that late part of the day when the heat sets in and things get uncomfortable. So uncomfortable, it seems, that one of the people feuding over the World took out a shotgun. That wasn't the unusual part, weapons are easy to come by in Apocalypse World. The unusual part is that they blew their own drat head off. That'll fuckin' show them.

Votecount for Day 2

MildManeredManikin (6): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Meinberg, CapitalistPig, Winson_Paine, MildManeredManikin, MildManeredManikin
Somberbrero (0): Somberbrero, Meinberg, CapitalistPig, Somberbrero, MildManeredManikin, Somberbrero, Meinberg, MildManeredManikin, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig
Winson_Paine (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (5): fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jedit, Juanito

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch.

On Day 2, MildManneredMannikin, World-Aligned Battlebabe, was executed!

quote:

Even in a place as dangerous as Apocalypse World, battlebabes are, well. They’re the ones you should walk away from, eyes down, but you can’t. They’re the ones like the seductive blue crackling light, y’know? You mistake looking at them for falling in love, and you get too close and it’s a zillion volts and your wings burn off like paper. Dangerous.

You are Violetta, World-Aligned Battlebabe. You win when all threats to the World are eliminated.

Basic Move:
Go Aggro: During the day, you may ##vote.

Battlebabe Moves:
Merciless: If you ##vote someone who is at -2, it is a double vote and hammers.
Impossible Reflexes: You are one-shot bulletproof.

It is now Night 2. Night 2 will end at approximately 8:30pm tomorrow; T-22 hours.

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 10, 2014

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

edited in a final votecount

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The sun rises again on Apocalypse World, with one fewer living soul. Somberbrero was a large power broker in the area, with authority over many. But even the powerful die just as the weak do.

On Night 2, Somberbrero, World-Aligned Hardholder, was killed!

quote:

There is no government, no society, in Apocalypse World. When hardholders ruled whole continents, when they waged war on the other side of the world instead of with the hold across the burn-flat, when their armies numbered in the hundreds of thousands and they had loving boats to hold their loving airplanes on, that was the golden age of legend. Now, anyone with a concrete compound and a gang of gunluggers can claim the title. What other authority is there?

You are Vega, World-Aligned Hardholder. You win when all threats to the World are eliminated.

Basic Move:
Go Aggro: During the day, you may ##vote.

Hardholder Moves:
Leadership: Four other players (at random) are your lieutenants.
Wealth: Each night, you may roll 2d6 for the next day. 10+, gain a ##secondvote. 7-9, look into your hold. You may privately ##investigate any of your lieutenants, but if you do, you may not vote for any of your lieutenants. The results of the investigation will be sent to you ASAP. 6-, you are -1 to lynch. If you get to -2 and survive, you gain +1. If you get to -1 and survive, you gain +2..

You may use Wealth Night 0.

It is now Day 3.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (8): CapitalistPig, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jedit, Juanito, Meinberg, Winson_Paine

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 12th, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I can't keep it in my pants any longer, pew pew.

##shoot fiery_valkyrie

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Grandicap posted:

I can't keep it in my pants any longer, pew pew.

##shoot fiery_valkyrie

poo poo just got real yall

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

On Day 3, Grandicap attempted to ##shoot fiery_valkyrie. This action failed.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

That is a disappointment. Now I have to actually make a case and get people to follow me and stuff. I will do it later...

##vote f_v

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Captain Foo posted:

:monocle:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pig, based on mason chat it's you and val. Unless it's Juan and Hal pulling a gambit. Vote val with me.
In the mason doc I am your only defender. I think you are town. Prove me right.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Hey guys, had been away last few days but back to my computer and sweet, sweet internet.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

##vote fiery_valkyrie

Somber had confided in me that he had used his investigative ability on Grandi on N0 and got a town result. Since there's nothing to suggest that Somber's sanity might be in question, or that Grandi's role would provide Godfather status, I choose to believe this.

I feel quite chagrined myself, as I chose to investigate Somber last night, instead of protecting him. He had been fairly sure that the scum would be going after him, but my doubt kept me back, especially after MMM flipped town. If FV is not scum, then I'm positive that our scum is somewhere between Hal and Juan.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

To doubledown. My vig failed either because I am a faulty vig, and that is unlikely because I take excellent care of my weaponry. Or f_v is BP, but we already had a town BP flip so vOv.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
maybe fiery can tell us why it failed.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Grandicap posted:

To doubledown. My vig failed either because I am a faulty vig, and that is unlikely because I take excellent care of my weaponry. Or f_v is BP, but we already had a town BP flip so vOv.

so your case that I am scum is that I'm BP, which you couldn't have known before you tried to shoot me? This is total crap

##vote Grandi

and for the record, I'm not BP. Actions against me have a percentage chance to fail.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote fv

I can live with that.

I don't think it's Hal anymore.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Meinberg posted:

##vote fiery_valkyrie

Somber had confided in me that he had used his investigative ability on Grandi on N0 and got a town result. Since there's nothing to suggest that Somber's sanity might be in question, or that Grandi's role would provide Godfather status, I choose to believe this.

I feel quite chagrined myself, as I chose to investigate Somber last night, instead of protecting him. He had been fairly sure that the scum would be going after him, but my doubt kept me back, especially after MMM flipped town. If FV is not scum, then I'm positive that our scum is somewhere between Hal and Juan.

You dont explain here why I'm scum. What is your logic for thinking I'm scum? Yesterday you were confident I was town.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fiery_valkyrie posted:

so your case that I am scum is that I'm BP, which you couldn't have known before you tried to shoot me? This is total crap

##vote Grandi

and for the record, I'm not BP. Actions against me have a percentage chance to fail.

No, my case is that you are still scum after my shot against you failed. It added to the process of elimination that you were scum to begin with.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote fv

I can live with that.

I don't think it's Hal anymore.

You can live with what? Grandi has made no case against me.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I buy your claim, but this game already has a ambigious town protective role, a town BP, a town busdriver. 11 players. Is there really room for another protective role on town's side? More likely it gives you investigation immunity in addition to the accidental benefit of stopping my guns.

Why did you stop my guns val? Why?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Grandicap posted:

No, my case is that you are still scum after my shot against you failed. It added to the process of elimination that you were scum to begin with.

What process of elimination?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Grandicap posted:

I buy your claim, but this game already has a ambigious town protective role, a town BP, a town busdriver. 11 players. Is there really room for another protective role on town's side? More likely it gives you investigation immunity in addition to the accidental benefit of stopping my guns.

Why did you stop my guns val? Why?

Roles are random, remember.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What process of elimination?

I am town, Meinberg is town, Winson is town, Jedit is town, Either Juan and Hal are town or they are swinging an interesting gambit.

That just leaves you and Pig. Pig is being a poo poo head, but it is a shithead consistent with his town game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Winson is town, I agree.

Why are Meinberg and Jedit town? Just curious.

• Locked thread