Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Grandicap posted:

I am town, Meinberg is town, Winson is town, Jedit is town, Either Juan and Hal are town or they are swinging an interesting gambit.

That just leaves you and Pig. Pig is being a poo poo head, but it is a shithead consistent with his town game.

So your POE is that I'm the only scum in an 11 player game? That makes no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Juanito posted:

Winson is town, I agree.

Why are Meinberg and Jedit town? Just curious.

The only thing I've seen about Meinberg is that Somber liked his thoughts in the mason doc. Hardly definitive.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Roles are random, remember.

poo poo, ok, I keep forgetting that. You are still scum.

Somber investigated me as town.
Somber claimed to Meinberg n1 and wasn't killed. Also mason chat and flavor stuff. Also I'm not dead after claiming vig.
Winson busdrove Maltose and Jedit N1. Jedit was the kill target and therefore town. Winson drove the kill and is therefore town.
I claimed vig and the intention to shoot you last night, since you are scum, and I'm not dead all members of somber's masonry are town.

Juan investigated Hal as town according to somber. So either they are gambitting scum pulling people into a masonry wherein they wasted n0 action to recruit a scumbuddy just to clear him to the town they pull in later, and if either of them flipped down the line their whole strat would be pulled to the ground.

That leaves you and pig.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm going to sleep because worked sucked today and I'm tired. Please kill val before I wake up, it will be the best post-apocalyptic Christmas ever.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, the masonry just isn't the same without you somber:(

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Wait a minute.

Something isn't right here.

##unvote

I'm sorry but I don't believe that every member of that masonry is town.

Right now the only people I'm pretty sure aren't scum are Hal and Juanito.

I'm honestly I'm suspicious of grandi now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Grandicap posted:

I'm going to sleep because worked sucked today and I'm tired. Please kill val before I wake up, it will be the best post-apocalyptic Christmas ever.

I have to go back to work, but no dont lynch me. No one has made a case against me at all. I'm somehow scum even though other people have behaved scummy (CPig) or barely even participated (Juanito, Hal, Grandi, Jedit).

If you want to make an actual case against me, fine do it. But at least give me a chance to defend myself. 2 of the 3 votes on me are just "me too" votes with no justification.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Wait a minute.

Something isn't right here.

##unvote

I'm sorry but I don't believe that every member of that masonry is town.

Right now the only people I'm pretty sure aren't scum are Hal and Juanito.

I'm honestly I'm suspicious of grandi now.

Why are you sure of Hal and Juanito?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why are you sure of Hal and Juanito?

My reasons aren't 100% ironclad but I have night action related reasons.

Basically either the scum team is Hal and Juanito, OR they are both town.

I'm leaning town on them.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Since my poo poo got blown up, I might as well claim.

I can investigate or send a message to someone every night.

Night 0, I investigated Hal, and by coincidence he recruited me to his gang. He is world aligned.

Night 1, he recruit Somber, and I investigated Somber, but my investigation failed, although he got recruited successfully. The fact that Hal's action succeeded and mine failed made us a little uneasy about Somber.

Night 2, I don't know who Hal recruited because nobody was posting in the mason doc since I was traveling, and Hal hadn't been around much. I investigated Winson and he's world aligned. Hal hasn't said who he recruited yet.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Also check the first letter of every post I made during day 1 to see my ~breadcrumb~

starts at
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3662053&userid=47848#post434383137

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Juanito posted:

Night 1, he recruit Somber, and I investigated Somber, but my investigation failed, although he got recruited successfully. The fact that Hal's action succeeded and mine failed made us a little uneasy about Somber.t.

Somber got done for and flipped world hoss

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
yeah.. I'm sharing all my results, and our thought process, that's all.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MMM... why would you doublevote yourself to self-hammer as town? Jeeez.

I have a suspicion that Cpig is scum that I will elaborate on soon.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Juanito posted:

Also check the first letter of every post I made during day 1 to see my ~breadcrumb~

starts at
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3662053&userid=47848#post434383137

I think that is the best breadcrumb I have ever seen.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Meinberg posted:

##vote fiery_valkyrie

Somber had confided in me that he had used his investigative ability on Grandi on N0 and got a town result. Since there's nothing to suggest that Somber's sanity might be in question, or that Grandi's role would provide Godfather status, I choose to believe this.

I feel quite chagrined myself, as I chose to investigate Somber last night, instead of protecting him. He had been fairly sure that the scum would be going after him, but my doubt kept me back, especially after MMM flipped town. If FV is not scum, then I'm positive that our scum is somewhere between Hal and Juan.

So you're a doc, but you chose not to protect anyone last night? Do you have any way to back up your claim?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

MMM... why would you doublevote yourself to self-hammer as town? Jeeez.

I have a suspicion that Cpig is scum that I will elaborate on soon.

Agreed. I actually think its Meinberg and Cpig. Meinberg has barely posted in the thread and only got active at the end of D2 to jump on Somber's case on MMM. He posts something, gets called scummy and disappears from the game over and again.

Can someone from the masonry let us know what Meinberg has said on 2 points.

1. Has Meinberg said anything in thread to back up his claim that he had "doubts" about Somber
2. What did Meinberg reveal in the masonry about his abilities? Has he been able to prove any of his claim?

Meinberg posted:

I feel quite chagrined myself, as I chose to investigate Somber last night, instead of protecting him. He had been fairly sure that the scum would be going after him, but my doubt kept me back,

I dont like this quote and I'd like to know if there is anything to back this up that he's said OOT. It seems really convenient to not protect Somber the same night that Somber gets killed.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Juanito posted:

Night 1, he recruit Somber, and I investigated Somber, but my investigation failed, although he got recruited successfully. The fact that Hal's action succeeded and mine failed made us a little uneasy about Somber.

I'd love to know how you managed to get one night action to fail on Somber but not another. On me, no problem, but Somber didn't have my immunity.

Grandi, your process of elimination revolves around Juanito claiming two Town investigations but no scum - something scum can do quite easily as they know who the not-scum are - and Winson telling the truth about who he drove on Night 1. It doesn't work and I won't vote Valkyrie because of it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

I'd love to know how you managed to get one night action to fail on Somber but not another. On me, no problem, but Somber didn't have my immunity.

Grandi, your process of elimination revolves around Juanito claiming two Town investigations but no scum - something scum can do quite easily as they know who the not-scum are - and Winson telling the truth about who he drove on Night 1. It doesn't work and I won't vote Valkyrie because of it.

Why would you claim a cop investigation to a dude who mason recruited you on n0? It isn't scum logic. You don't make a claim like that because it is bad town play unless you actually do have a cop investigation. As scum, you are then expected to fake results every day which either breaks down when you have to claim scum on someone and you mislynch them, which will turn around and get the cop lynched, or you have to serve up a scum buddy. It is a dangerous gambit to make that early. If you do it on a later day, you can at least sprinkle in some dead people investigations.

So, what makes sense to me is one of 2 scenarios.

Hal and Juan are scum together.
Hal's ability is to recruit into a masonry.
Juan's ability is unimportant.
Hal recruited Juan n0, to set up a cop claim on n1 to a townie dude.
Kind of like that game where merk claimed confirmed town mason with ecco.
This scenario is a huge risk. What if there is a real cop? If either of them flipped at any time it would cast huge doubt on the other. It would also allow them to float through the game unmolested if their claim was bought.

Scenario 2 is as follows:
Hal is a mason recruiter.
Juan is a cop.
Hal recruited Juan n0.
Juan copped Hal n0 with a town result.
This is a bit of a coincidence, but not an implausible one.

That is all. So, scenario 1 is a huge risk\reward scenario, but in my opinion it would be way to hard to pull off successfully that early. If it is a gambit, then the breadcrumb is obviously part of it because the whole drat thing was premeditated from the word go.
The other possibility is scenario 2 but hal is a godfather mason recruiter.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

On my phone so I can't review properly, but is there any evidence that Hal actually is a mason recruiter? It seems odd in a game that started with almost half the players in one masonry to have not one but two expandable masonries as well.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

On my phone so I can't review properly, but is there any evidence that Hal actually is a mason recruiter? It seems odd in a game that started with almost half the players in one masonry to have not one but two expandable masonries as well.

Somber, a flipped town player, confirmed it in the other masonry.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Jedit posted:

We'd love to know as well. I'm guessing that I was blocked, or something.

Also if I were scum and this were my crazy plan, why wouldn't I just say that I investigated Somber as town, instead of saying it failed?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Another point in his favor. Unless he tried to kill somber and it failed so he knew any proposed action would ahve failed too or something. But Occam's razor points to if you are making up a lie, you don't throw in details that discredit your own lie.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I don't think all of the recruiters can be town, so I think Jedit is most likely to be scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Juanito posted:

I don't think all of the recruiters can be town, so I think Jedit is most likely to be scum.

Winson kill redirect off of Jedit onto Maltose.
Unless Winson and Jedit are scum...

Same thing as you and Hal.

Which leaves Pig and val.

But I think Pig is town for non setup stuff, you know, an actual mafia read. So that leaves val and ???

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Somber said he'd confirmed someone as town, but didn't tell us who. Did he tell you guys? (maybe you've already said, and I missed it).

He mostly wanted to go for MMM, and Cpig, but also would have voted FV.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Juanito posted:

Somber said he'd confirmed someone as town, but didn't tell us who. Did he tell you guys? (maybe you've already said, and I missed it).

He mostly wanted to go for MMM, and Cpig, but also would have voted FV.

It was me.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Cool.

Winson is world aligned. I investigated him.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
fiery does seem like the best option.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Grandicap posted:

But I think Pig is town for non setup stuff, you know, an actual mafia read. So that leaves val and ???

Starting with val seems a pretty decent option I guess? I don't have a lot to add really.

##vote fiery_valkyrie

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

fiery_valkyrie (3): Grandicap, Meinberg, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Winson_Paine
Grandicap (1): fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (4): CapitalistPig, Hal Incandenza, Jedit, Juanito

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 12th, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

I tried to recruit Jedit last night and failed. Are you saying I was actually trying to recruit Maltose?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I tried to recruit Jedit last night and failed. Are you saying I was actually trying to recruit Maltose?

Last night was night 2. Winson hasn't told me who he bussed me with last night - or even if he did - but it's plausible that he bussed me with Somber and your recruit failed because he got hit by the NK.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Jedit posted:

Last night was night 2. Winson hasn't told me who he bussed me with last night - or even if he did - but it's plausible that he bussed me with Somber and your recruit failed because he got hit by the NK.

Somber told me not to do for him (in the doc), so I didn't. I bussed Hal/Juan last night because I misread things I think. Sombrero would have been my guess for the night hit and I probably would have switched for him if he had not told me not to.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So , winson, you are saying you bussed hal and juanito?

and hal is saying his action failed?

Juanito is claiming an investigation on winson.

Well, I'm here to tell you that if all of the above is true that Juanito is a big fat liar.

I tracked hal last night.

He went no where.

Which means if winson is telling the truth I actually tracked Juanito, who says he investigated winson, but didnt go anywhere.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

CapitalistPig posted:

So , winson, you are saying you bussed hal and juanito?

and hal is saying his action failed?

Juanito is claiming an investigation on winson.

Well, I'm here to tell you that if all of the above is true that Juanito is a big fat liar.

I tracked hal last night.

He went no where.

Which means if winson is telling the truth I actually tracked Juanito, who says he investigated winson, but didnt go anywhere.

I am indeed, I bussed hal/juan and got ACTION CONFIRMED on it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Which also means that IF winson is the one lying that HAL did not go anywhere last night.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I'm a brainer and I ##scan people, so maybe I don't travel to the person.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Juanito posted:

I'm a brainer and I ##scan people, so maybe I don't travel to the person.

That seems like a thin excuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Anybody else going to claim brainer? Nope, I'm the one guy with psychic powers.

I'm hardly a town MVP in this game though so if I die, it'll just confirm two other people.

• Locked thread