Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Where I'm at.

Rarity's reads don't make a lot of sense to me because she sees all these things where I see nothing.

Case in point: calling kaschei's comment on Mags or Ninth bad. How is it scummy that kaschei would vote Ninth after Mags.

I was going to go with Mills' line of thinking and excuse Rarity for trying to make comments but this tilts so far into not-making-sense territory that I'm suspicious of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mills posted:

I'm just trying to stay off AIM and messaging programs at work this week because it's been busy. I've been having my agents contact you on my behalf.
Okkk if you say so here too :sparkles:

I have been crazy busy this week too. It's stressful!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Hi yum :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rarity posted:

Cause he just wants to lynch somebody and survive rather than lynch scum. I didn't think I needed to explain that.
I didn't realize this post was referring to the kaschei comment.

Again... I do not see where Rarity is getting this from.

kaschei's posting is vOv just whatever I don't have a read on it really but his preferences are at least novel which doesn't fit this comment.

The narrative she is assigning to kaschei's posting is so off base, again I remain suspicious of Rarity.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hi :sun:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Yuming, you initially voted rarity for her reaction to my vote correct? Her posts about being drunk?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

She is just a bit :sparkles:

She did something really retarded in another game and flipped town there too

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would vote for taste just as a negative reinforcement thing.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Rarity posted:

That post is really bad but I find it hard to think a scum could think they'd get away with saying it.

What's the antecedent for "that post"? My post or one of the posts of TNL that I quoted?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Mills posted:

She is just a bit :sparkles:

She did something really retarded in another game and flipped town there too

Stay classy mills

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Ninth seems sincere, idk I have a ~good vibe~ about him.

re: my initial vote,

Rarity posted:

Hey guys I'm drunk. Magnus is dumb.

##vote Mills

Cause he's a dick.
I didn't like the way Rarity sidestepped the actual votes against her. Magnus was being content-ful and this comment brushed things off in joke-phase fashion.

Trying to keep things lol jokes is scummy.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

That's what I said in the first place but idk the later content thought process looks genuine? Idk idk

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm good with lynching yuming. Or anyone else really vOv
Upon further investigation, this is "that post" and now Rarity's comment makes much more sense.

I really don't like that Mills did not investigate this matter before :sparkles:ing his read about all this.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

uranus posted:

have you guys even played with magnus? even suggesting someone might be scum, let alone outright calling them and voting them is something a scum magnus never does. let alone on day 1!
This is the first post of derp's that I've noticed. It's very sideline-y and I don't like this kind of entrance.

HMMM I'm going to sleep soon but who to vote!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Mills talking me down about Rarity without actually noticing my point was lovely is the worst thing that's happened today.

Option (1) Mills is at the gym and cbf to read carefully.

Option (2) Mills is scum and cbf to form actual opinions.

I find the later more likely because I was obviously trying to work through the "bad post" comment and Mills didn't engage with it at all.

##vote Mills

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

yuming posted:

Mills talking me down about Rarity without actually noticing my point was lovely is the worst thing that's happened today.

Option (1) Mills is at the gym and cbf to read carefully.

Option (2) Mills is scum and cbf to form actual opinions.

I find the later more likely because I was obviously trying to work through the "bad post" comment and Mills didn't engage with it at all.

##vote Mills

:aaaaa:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I have no idea how TNLs post is relevant here

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I would vote for taste just as a negative reinforcement thing.

Don't worry, your posting is enough

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

To be clear yuming you think rarity is town now and think I'm scum for not engaging with you on some specific point I have no idea about but instead focussing attention on defending her as town in some other way

:sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mills posted:

I have no idea how TNLs post is relevant here
I was completely misreading what Rarity said.

You comment she is ~always like this~ >> this assumes you at least engaged with the point I was making.

Fake opinions = scum.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

What point. She was an idiot in another game. Therefore I can excuse her being an idiot here. What are you talking about !!!!!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Be nice.

The point I made wrt kaschei/Ninth, read the top of this page.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't know what you're talking about even after reading but I took raritys comment at the time to be a comment on tastes posts?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Tbh I don't even care I'll just go join another game. When's deadline. Can we lynch me in time?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Mills posted:

Tbh I don't even care I'll just go join another game. When's deadline. Can we lynch me in time?

Oh come on

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rarity posted:

Cause he just wants to lynch somebody and survive rather than lynch scum. I didn't think I needed to explain that.
This about Taste?

Taste doesn't want to lynch anyone-- this comment, logically, does not apply to Taste at all.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

:angel:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote mills

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

##vote mills

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I refuse to be party to that.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Well now there is some content.

The fact Mills does not want to dig into it and would rather :sparkles: is damning, imo.

I am going to sleep.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Good night !

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

##vote mills

Check out this opportunistic poo poo

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mills posted:

##vote mills
How do you expect me to believe town you would rather vote yourself than to explain your thought processes?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I explained it and you're being annoyingly, if not deliberately, obtuse.

I can just go and join another game where you won't behave in such a way so this is easier than going around in circles. :shrug:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapitalistPig posted:

Check out this opportunistic poo poo
Do you think Mills slipped up? What did you find scummy about his earlier play?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Mills posted:

I can just go and join another game where you won't behave in such a way so this is easier than going around in circles. :shrug:

Mills no one is gonna get down on their knees and beg you to continue to play, but giving up like this is incredibly annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mills posted:

Or you can play this game which you signed up for.

I outlined my two options when I voted you, your behavior now is skewing me towards the latter.

If I'm wrong then take this as opportunity for a game with more vibrant reads. Pig is already doing something, let's see where that goes.

• Locked thread