Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

CapitalistPig posted:

That seems like a thin excuse

That KIND OF makes sense? What roles are still out there, unclaimed?

CapitalistPig
fiery_valkyrie
Grandicap - Gunlugger?
Hal Incandenza
Jedit - hocus, more or less confirmed
Juanito - brainer, claimed
Meinberg - Angel I think? Some kind of Doc?
MildManeredManikin - Battlebabe, confirmed
Mr. Maltose - savvyhead, confirmed
Somberbrero - Hardholder, confirmed
Winson_Paine - Driver, claimed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is not adding up.

I'm the chopper, mason recruiter or vote stealer sort of thing that is kind of random but works better if I get a lot of votes on me sort of like Somber's thing.

I don't know if I believe winson bussed me and juanito last night. Or if he did, then Jedit is being very cagey.

I was recruited by Jedit, but that should mean that Jedit was trying to recruit Juanito but Jedit did not seem surprised to see me in the masonry.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:saddowns: I think I've entirely hosed this game up.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
heh, oops. well if it's a result or two that you have to correct, just send a correction PM to that person..

and then deal with the people who threaten to quit ;)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I think it might be more than just that :( need to do some forensics

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:ghost: I believe in you Foo! :ghost:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok so I did see you visit winson after all.

Thus things are as they should be.

SO, in my eyes Juanito and winson are all but confirmed.

It honestly leaves it down to fv now being the best vote today.

##vote fv

Also. Just because I was given permission explicitly.

I will post the correction I received.

you should indeed have seen Juanito travel to Winson N2

sorry for loving upĀ 

Permission to quote granted

So this should be easy boys let's wrap this up.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sez you.

Can people please refrain from lynching for the next hour or so, I have a lengthy post to type up and need to do it at home.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Okay, in order to fix this I do have to confirm and correct a couple of actions, but I don't think it will be gamebreaking:

Hal is in Jedit's gang as of last night.
This is wrong, Juanito should have been recruited instead.

I will not be altering the gang, but this is what happened.

Cpig's latest post with my correction to him is confirmed.

Sorry for the fuckups, but I BELIEVE we're back on track now.

:suicide:

I realize that modconfirming actions takes away from the game quite a bit, but we're somewhat into things now and it's the only way I felt I could fairly unfuck things.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Winston why would you bus me and Juanito? That seems like a very odd choice

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think bussing Juanito makes sense but why with me?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think bussing Juanito makes sense but why with me?

Regardless, Juanito and Winson are confirmed town to me.

Winson did you tell anyone you were bussing Jedit and Maltose before Night 1?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

It isn't in the doc until d2.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

It isn't in the doc until d2.

Unless he spoke with someone out of doc.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

That KIND OF makes sense? What roles are still out there, unclaimed?

CapitalistPig
fiery_valkyrie
Grandicap - Gunlugger?
Hal Incandenza
Jedit - hocus, more or less confirmed
Juanito - brainer, claimed
Meinberg - Angel I think? Some kind of Doc?
MildManeredManikin - Battlebabe, confirmed
Mr. Maltose - savvyhead, confirmed
Somberbrero - Hardholder, confirmed
Winson_Paine - Driver, claimed

Confirming that I lug guns. And I shoot them. And apparently, against all odds, people don't get killed when I shoot them:argh:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Right, I'm home.

To cut a long story short: I am third party, Maelstrom-aligned, and my win condition is to have all surviving players in my masonry at the end of the game. This means I can win with either Town or scum, and my win condition is not mutually exclusive to either. I also win even if I'm dead if only my masons survive to the end, but it does become much less likely so I want to stay alive.

Therefore, I'm declaring personal neutrality in this game. To avoid the no-lynch on Day 1 favouring anyone unduly, I will bring the votes required back in line by hammering anyone who reaches -1; this is the only way I will vote. I also will not hammer anyone in my masonry until it is certain that I will complete my win condition. This includes FV, unfortunately, as he is my fourth mason. If you're sure he is scum then there's enough of you to lynch him without me, but I cannot help.

I really don't like doing this because it's not playing the game, but both sides have been trying to kill me since Day 1 and I don't see any other way for me to win.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote jedit

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Hal Incandenza posted:

Nope, I wasn't real clear on what good bussing was until I actually saw it in action and also I didn't trust Maltose for reasons I can't really articulate beyond gut suspicions. I also sort of thought Jedit was some kind of weird cult leader at the time.

Jedit posted:

Right, I'm home.

To cut a long story short: I am third party, Maelstrom-aligned, and my win condition is to have all surviving players in my masonry at the end of the game. This means I can win with either Town or scum, and my win condition is not mutually exclusive to either. I also win even if I'm dead if only my masons survive to the end, but it does become much less likely so I want to stay alive.

Therefore, I'm declaring personal neutrality in this game. To avoid the no-lynch on Day 1 favouring anyone unduly, I will bring the votes required back in line by hammering anyone who reaches -1; this is the only way I will vote. I also will not hammer anyone in my masonry until it is certain that I will complete my win condition. This includes FV, unfortunately, as he is my fourth mason. If you're sure he is scum then there's enough of you to lynch him without me, but I cannot help.

I really don't like doing this because it's not playing the game, but both sides have been trying to kill me since Day 1 and I don't see any other way for me to win.

OH HAY I WAS RIGHT

Captain Foo posted:

Okay, in order to fix this I do have to confirm and correct a couple of actions, but I don't think it will be gamebreaking:

Hal is in Jedit's gang as of last night.
This is wrong, Juanito should have been recruited instead.

I will not be altering the gang, but this is what happened.

Cpig's latest post with my correction to him is confirmed.

Sorry for the fuckups, but I BELIEVE we're back on track now.

:suicide:

I realize that modconfirming actions takes away from the game quite a bit, but we're somewhat into things now and it's the only way I felt I could fairly unfuck things.

I am super confused now as to how that affects things and need to read stuff.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Hal Incandenza posted:

Winston why would you bus me and Juanito? That seems like a very odd choice

I thought you were both scum and briefly misinterperted my own power to mean it would get you guys to shoot each other. It had been a weird day for me in a lot of ways and it was pure fuckup on my part.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
If anyone is curious, this is the list of the player's and their roles to the best of my knowledge, using a mixture of claims and flips and process of elimination. Since there is no reason to fakeclaim in this game, I believe this information is correct.

Winson- Driver
Meinberg- Angel
Cpig- Operator
Jedit- Hocus
Maltose- Savvyhead
Grandicap- Gunlugger
Somberbrero- Hardholder
MMM- Battlebabe
Juanito- Brainer
Hal- Chopper
Fiery_Valykrie- Skinner

##unvote

Jedit being some form of third party makes sense to me. I had been pondering it for some time, in fact. It is evident that someone tried to kill him N1, but we did the math in the doc, that if he all needed to win was gain control of the vote, the game would be able to end way too fast.

But what we may be looking at is, potentially a Serial Killer as the scum. In view of a single person as scum, there is one person in this game who I feel I can't really trust, who has been playing a different game from the rest of us, and that person is CPig. Is there any particular reason not to go for CPig at this point?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Cpig is mod-confirmed tracker and that seems like and odd role to go with serial killer

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Cpig is mod-confirmed tracker and that seems like and odd role to go with serial killer

There does seem to be an action economy limiting things to one per night. While it's possible that a SK might be able to violate that, you're probably right.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

Jedit being some form of third party makes sense to me. I had been pondering it for some time, in fact. It is evident that someone tried to kill him N1, but we did the math in the doc, that if he all needed to win was gain control of the vote, the game would be able to end way too fast.

As it happens, I have control of the vote right now (four masons, eight players) so you know that isn't the case.

I have to say that it's pointless having an SK with no scum team, because an SK is really just a scum team with only one member.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Jedit posted:

I have to say that it's pointless having an SK with no scum team, because an SK is really just a scum team with only one member.

True, true.

I think that looking at night actions might be the way to go, at this point.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Meinberg posted:

True, true.

I think that looking at night actions might be the way to go, at this point.

What have you done at night Meinberg?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

What have you done at night Meinberg?

N1, I protected Somber, N2, I investigated him.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Meinberg posted:

N1, I protected Somber, N2, I investigated him.

No N0 action? So you are a doctor/cop?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm actually more like a joat.

I have several one shot night actions.

N0 I investigated Jedit and failed somehow
n1 I blocked Juanito
n2 I tracked Hal

I have more stuff left but that's what I've used so far.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

No N0 action? So you are a doctor/cop?

Yes and yes

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Jedit posted:

As it happens, I have control of the vote right now (four masons, eight players) so you know that isn't the case.

How do you have control of the vote? We might be in your masonry but we don't have to help you achieve your win con.

For the record Jedit posted in the masonry doc today that he would no longer be talking in the masonry doc, but he will continue to recruit.

He has not posted a single opinion at all in the masonry or engaged in any discussion. It's less of a masonry and more of a ghost town. I tried to start some discussion but it went nowhere so I stopped bothering. Hal can confirm, as previous days chat are visible to all.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Also I'm not going to be around much between now and deadline. I have a hens party tonight and deadline is 8am Saturday when I will be asleep and/or hungover.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm actually more like a joat.

I have several one shot night actions.

N0 I investigated Jedit and failed somehow
n1 I blocked Juanito
n2 I tracked Hal

I have more stuff left but that's what I've used so far.

Why did you block the guy who soft-claimed cop?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why did you block the guy who soft-claimed cop?

I did not believe him at the time. In fact I pretty clearly voiced my opinion that he was scum.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

How do you have control of the vote? We might be in your masonry but we don't have to help you achieve your win con.

Sorry, I wasn't entirely clear there. Since 50% of the votes are in my masonry, I cannot be a Cultist because if I were I would control the vote.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh, missed this one. No, I wasn't sure who to trust in the masonry so it was fairly arbitrary.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I could go for Jedit or fiery, but I think I prefer fiery today..

##vote fiery

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Killing the dude who has a wincondition entirely orthogonal to ours is irrelevant.He's going to vote with whoever is losing more because he needs the game to last longer so he has time to recruit everyone.

Kill val.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

fiery_valkyrie (3): Grandicap, Meinberg, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Winson_Paine, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Meinberg, Juanito
Grandicap (1): fiery_valkyrie
Jedit (1): CapitalistPig

Not Voting (3): Hal Incandenza, Jedit, Meinberg

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 12th, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 28 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hrmmmmm I will probably vote FV still trying to figure out who must be lying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

##vote fiery_valykrie

Even with everyone's roles "revealed" and intense pressure on her, she doesn't claim what she can do, or what she has done. Combined with the process of elimination, this makes her scum status pretty clear to me.

• Locked thread