Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tucked away on the outskirts of the big city is a little town full of simple folk called Carrot Cake Village. They're the kind who still believe in folk tales and togetherness and family values and all that other useless crap. They've got farms and little inns and shops and poo poo, totally quaint. Totally quiet. Totally ripe for the picking.

Why that last part? Oh, it's because from the neighboring big city, the mafia has moved into town.

See, turns out our little town is sitting on some primo real estate. It's not just because the place would make a perfect hideout for the gang of criminals, it's because this place is literally sitting on a stockpile of hidden gold, buried for years by the city's founder, former President James K. Polk.

So the Mafia has moved in, ready to take control. As they prepare to take the podium and town square and declare their rightful place with tommy guns a'blazing, they are confronted by the megaphoned voice of Mayor Mac.

"Citizens!" he says, booming over the town, "now, don't get too excited, but the moment you've been waiting for is here! The town has voted, as it does on every issue, and Holiday Month is here! Every day of the month we'll celebrate a different holiday! Hooray!"

"Hooray!" the town cries back.

"Hooray," sighs the mafia.

Looks like they'll have to play by the rules if they want to oust the town. Too bad no one has any idea what they've got in store.

Welcome to Holiday Mafia. This is a normal mafia game with mostly normal roles for 13 players, based on a C9++ setup. If you've played Mafia before you've seen just about everything there is to see role-wise here. The rules are also normal:

Rules
    No editing your posts.
    No talking OOT unless you are able to do so.
    Don't post your role PM.
    Don't spectator-post.
    Don't post after hammers or daykills.
    Don't post after dying.
    Don't encrypt your posts, make Toxx clauses, or play Truth or Dare.
    Don't lurk. I will tell you if I don't think you're posting enough.
    Don't go against the spirit of the game. The spirit of the game is inviting and fun.
    Be nice!

Holidays
The trick to this game is the Holiday system. Each day, in addition to voting for the chosen lynch target, the town must also vote for the next Holiday we will all celebrate together. Each day three of the possible sixty Holidays will be listed. You will only receive a Holiday's name but you will not know what effect the chosen day will have on the game until it is selected. It could be anything from affecting powers to post restrictions, from votes to ghosts. Votes for Holidays are bolded with the command ##holiday *name*

To that end, when you sign up, please vote for one of the first three chosen Holidays below:
Halloween
Last Request Day
Sesame Day

Signups begin now:

Player List
  1. 100YrsofAttitude
  2. apostateCourier
  3. Big Nothing
  4. Byers2142
  5. Dragonatrix
  6. Ernie.
  7. Harold Krell
  8. merk
  9. Puntification
  10. Rarity
  11. Somberbrero
  12. Token Female
  13. uranus

Replacement: Hal Incandenza

Holidays
Day 1 - Halloween

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will play.

##holiday Halloween

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Please make sure you vote for the opening Holiday!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If I don't play in another game I have to work on mine.

##holiday Last Request Day

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
:spooky:##halloween :spooky:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yes. ##Holiday Sesame Day! Hopefully this gets started soon.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##Holiday Halloween

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Sounds fun, count me in. ##Holiday Halloween!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Count me in, modkill anyone that doesn't pick ##holiday Halloween.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Yeah gonna get in on this ##holiday sesame day

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

If I don't play in another game I have to work on mine.

##holiday Last Request Day

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yes. ##Holiday Sesame Day! Hopefully this gets started soon.

Puntification posted:

Yeah gonna get in on this ##holiday sesame day

Scum spotted. Little Mac, give me three guns and I'll end the game D0.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Please no death millers

##holiday Sesame Day

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Make us all death millers!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've begun to read Somberbrero's name as Scumbrero for what it's worth.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

Please no death millers

##holiday Sesame Day

I'm surrounded by heathens.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
who doesnt like spooky ghosts and skeletons

:iiam:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

uranus posted:

who doesnt like spooky ghosts and skeletons

:iiam:

Dumb people, that's who.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm hoping Sesame means Sesame Street so we have alphabetise our posts

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I've begun to read Somberbrero's name as Scumbrero for what it's worth.

That was gonna be my d1 case damnit.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Is this secretly a cult game? Cos the halloweenies are starting to make it feel that way.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
yes, me and byers got our roles before the game was even full of people. we are a satan cult. its so easy to join, just post halloween in your own blood.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Puntification posted:

That was gonna be my d1 case damnit.

I was scum in my very first forums Mafia game ever, I think it was a sign.

I like Halloween too much to dishonor its spirit by having ghost times in September.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

uranus posted:

yes, me and byers got our roles before the game was even full of people. we are a satan cult. its so easy to join, just post halloween in your own blood.

I can't resist a good satan cult! [ownblood]halloween[/ownblood]

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

I was scum in my very first forums Mafia game ever, I think it was a sign.

I like Halloween too much to dishonor its spirit by having ghost times in September.

That's like the excuse women use on you to avoid dating you. "I like you too much to dishonor you by having sexy times."

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

uranus posted:

Also, I can confirm this to be true. We got our start through DnD, and now are building our following in Carrot Cake Village.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sure! Great! Let's throw loving skeletons and cobwebs all over our homes year-round and live in a constant state of fear! Maybe we can all die from diabetes while we're at it!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I'unno, that sounds perfectly fun to me.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Sure! Great! Let's throw loving skeletons and cobwebs all over our homes year-round and live in a constant state of fear! Maybe we can all die from diabetes while we're at it!

It does sounds pretty great doesn't it? Have an upside down liquorice crucifix and contract diabetes for Satan!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Puntification posted:

It does sounds pretty great doesn't it? Have an upside down liquorice crucifix and contract diabetes for Satan!

Our Sweets for Satan bake-off is scheduled for next Tuesday. Just because He's our Dark Lord doesn't mean He's not able to be sweet!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
the nine satanic statements and how they apply to this game

Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence. so eat candy
Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams. so eat candy while disbeleiving god
Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit. dont lie to yourself about how good candy tastes
Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates. be nice to kids and give them candy
Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek. punch that guy who didnt give you candy in your awesom batman costume
Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires. dont listen to downer debbies who dont like halloween
Satan represents man as just another animal (sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours), who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all. feed candy to your cat
Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification. eat candy while coveting your neighbors rear end
Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years. eat candy while :smug:ing

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

uranus posted:

the nine satanic statements and how they apply to this game

Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence. so eat candy
Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams. so eat candy while disbeleiving god
Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit. dont lie to yourself about how good candy tastes
Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates. be nice to kids and give them candy
Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek. punch that guy who didnt give you candy in your awesom batman costume
Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires. dont listen to downer debbies who dont like halloween
Satan represents man as just another animal (sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours), who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all. feed candy to your cat
Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification. eat candy while coveting your neighbors rear end
Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years. eat candy while :smug:ing

Being a Psychic vampire sounds pretty cool too, can I be one of those?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
as long as you dont get tinnitus of the brainwaves

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I'd be up for playing.

## holiday Last Request Day

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Tinnitus is the STD of choice in the Psychic Vampire world.

Token Female posted:

I'd be up for playing.

## holiday Last Request Day

Hi, we'd like to talk to you about joining the Cult of Satan. Have you considered the fate of your immortal soul, and how awesome candy is?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Byers2142 posted:

Hi, we'd like to talk to you about joining the Cult of Satan. Have you considered the fate of your immortal soul, and how awesome candy is?

Is there a health insurance plan with dental? That's very important to me.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
of course, tooth health is very important to draculas

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

A halloween that doesn't replicate those glorious festivals of my 9-12 years old where I would come home with pillowcase after pillowcase of candy isn't really halloween for me. I also have no idea what the heck sesame day is and I'm curious to find out. Last request just sounds morbid.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

3 slots left! We can start later tonight if we fill up tonight! :)

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

:henget:

##Holiday halloween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i'm in just to play with 100yrs

• Locked thread