Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Did you forget the last episode where the find a Civil War re-enactor costumer to make him a bunch of new clothes? He should be wearing new, but still period-specific, clothes this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
e: ^:argh:

radical meme posted:

Can they not buy Ichabod some new clothes? I enjoyed season one and I enjoy their slavish dependence on flash back scenes and attempts to rewrite, or at least contort, history to fit the show. But, why can't they cut Ichabod's hair and buy him some new clothes? It's not like it's going to change his character or back story in any way. At least show him learning how to use a washer/dryer and complaining about be being forced to take a bath everyday and maybe using deodorant so he doesn't reek. The routine of ritual bathing and simple hygiene could be good for some comic relief.

The second episode shows him learning to use the shower, and at some point he stumbles upon a Revolutionary War reenactment and snags some extra clothes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think putting Crane in modern clothes for anything other than a specific and temporary plotting reason would be a big mistake. His clothes are part of the visual template of the series at this point.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JohnSherman posted:

e: ^:argh:

The second episode shows him learning to use the shower, and at some point he stumbles upon a Revolutionary War reenactment and snags some extra clothes.

You guys have a better memory than I do. So a new long coat and fresh shirt should do the trick. I don't know if a complete new wardrobe would damage the "visual template of the series" but if they updated his attire I can see how it might detract some from his character. Maybe a good compromise would be taking him to a cosplay convention and getting him a steampunk outfit.

radical meme fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 11, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

I think putting Crane in modern clothes for anything other than a specific and temporary plotting reason would be a big mistake. His clothes are part of the visual template of the series at this point.

There was also that scene of him trying on modern clothes and not liking them.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

muscles like this? posted:

There was also that scene of him trying on modern clothes and not liking them.

Wasn't it skinny jeans?

E: yes it was. Can't find a video, did find the quote though.

quote:

One sign of the impending apocalypse is surely skinny jeans.

Couldn't agree more.

richardfun fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Sep 11, 2014

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Listening to this now. Yep, it's Ichabod narrating the story. :allears:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Genius

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Oh man, at some point they simply MUST have him finding a copy of the Washington Irving story and drat near apoplexing at the sheer inaccuracy. It would be glorious.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I may be wrong but the impression that I got from the show was that in their world there is no Washington Irving story.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

I may be wrong but the impression that I got from the show was that in their world there is no Washington Irving story.

Is there a Bing Crosby impersonator they can get to narrate an episode?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

howe_sam posted:

Listening to this now. Yep, it's Ichabod narrating the story. :allears:

So basically, I can have Tom Mison's hot-rear end voice piping into my ears for nothing? Sign me up.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

So basically, I can have Tom Mison's hot-rear end voice piping into my ears for nothing? Sign me up.

What's more, he's essentially narrating the story as a more serious version of the show's Ichabod. I kept waiting for him to stop randomly and start ranting about audiobooks. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Leftenant, are you telling me that the people of your time are too layabout to even read a book and must be read to like children?"

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
"And how is it that voices are a commodity that come from the Amazons!" :argh:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
So are we getting a shiny new thread for season 2? what with it being less than 48 hours away?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Yeah I'm working on it, making new gifs and such. It'll be up in a few hours. :)

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Annakie posted:

Yeah I'm working on it, making new gifs and such. It'll be up in a few hours. :)

I like gifs. The nice folk who make this show must like them as well, they seem to go out of their way to provide suitable material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

New thread

• Locked thread