Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie. posted:

i'm in just to play with 100yrs

Aw I'm flattered. Promise not to suck too much. Or are you just trying to develop a system to perfectly read me every single time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
im just here to #fart

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Just... just one more...

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If I buy another account can both be signed up for this game?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somberbrero posted:

If I buy another account can both be signed up for this game?

Ye-- hmmmno. Y- NO.

No.

I guess not.

Probably...

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
I would like to play.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Harold Krell posted:

I would like to play.

I would like to eventually replace Harold Krell

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I would like to eventually replace Harold Krell

I would like to eventually replace Hal Incandenza.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Okay, signups are closed. It's super late now, though, so the game will start tomorrow evening.

Ah gently caress it. Sending tonight.

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 12, 2014

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
But then it turned out Little Macintosh was the coolest.

ps I'm a survivor claiming now.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The sun rises on Carrot Cake Village and the light spreads across the quaint village waking the populace to another joyous day! Mayor Mac stands on a platform in the middle of town and, instead of speaking on his megaphone, presses a button a portable boombox and plays a song incredibly loudly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oN9jhPnXgs

"Fellow townsfolk, it's a JOYOUS Halloween!" he laughs. "Now, of course, we celebrate Halloween the same way all other towns do, but I've made it so we've got a bit of a headstart. Which is good because you've voted for one of the more confusing holidays to celebrate! The rules of our quaint village Halloween are as such:

"Players begin the day with two pieces of candy. They can give a candy to a player by PMing the mod ##treat playername. The receiver will not know who gave them the candy and you may only give candy to that person one time before giving candy to someone else. Once per day each player may use the command ##trick playername in the thread to take one of their candies, if applicable. If a player has four candies at any time, they immediately receive a one-shot dayvig kill that must be used today (and devouring all the candies). A player with no candies at the end of the day may not use a night action, as they’ll have to go door to door looking for some. Please note that while we can't govern who you do and do not give candies to, we're keeping a close eye on you and scum cannot give candies to other scum.

"Of course you could just have a normal day by avoiding all that and not having any candy at all, but that'd be no fun. So if no candy is exchanged then all town-related roles must stay home!

"If you have any questions about those complicated rules I guess ask. You couldn't have picked something simpler like... oh, anything? You Satanists and your love for rules! Anywho, the game's afoot! I want you out there, people, keeping a close eye on anyone in town who seems suspicious!

"It's now Day One of our LOVELY Holiday Month! With 13 left alive, it takes 7 to lynch! Deadline is Monday evening but I hate it when people wait to deadline, don't you? Additionally, while you're searching for nogoodniks, would you be so kind as to choose from one of the following three Holidays for tomorrow?"

Day 2 Holiday Choices
Founder's Day
Doe Day
ADD Awareness Day

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): 100YrsofAttitude, apostateCourier, Big Nothing, Byers2142, Dragonatrix, Ernie., Harold Krell, merk, Puntification, Rarity, Somberbrero, Token Female, uranus

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 15th, 2014 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 16 hours.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Oh, also for the record sample role PMs are here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B#Example_Role_PM.27s with only minor flavor added to each.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Wow Mac I'm honestly a little aggravated there isn't an obvious way to break this system.

The smartest way to do this would be to implement some kind of complicated voting system but the best way to do this would be to give me your candy.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Give me candy, i have good scumdar and guarantee ill find scum by the end of d1

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hmmm.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##trick merk :D

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
##trick bn

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Yes, Satan's Day has come!

Gather around, children, and listen as I spin a tale. A tale of hypocrisy! Told in three parts.

Lack of Faith

Rarity posted:

Please no death millers

##holiday Sesame Day

Reversal

Rarity posted:

##trick merk :D

Punishment

##trick Rarity

It's a new day in Carrot Cake Village, a day when we cast off our shackles and worship His Evilness and His Psychic Vampires as we should. Follow Brother spacebutt and I as we found a new religious order here. I trust you will all make the right choice.

##holiday Founder's Day

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Who wants diabetes? I'm giving out fun sized Crunch bars and small packets of Haribo gummi bears.

##holiday Doe Day. The idea got in my head that it's about Bambi's mom and now I need to know the truth.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I sure that some of you have questions about what to do with your candy. In times of doubt, we should always consult Him.

I have, and I know now what to do with my candies. I await the resolution of my trick on the faithless Rarity.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

##holiday ADD awareness day

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Big Nothing posted:

##holiday ADD awareness day

I'm boycotting this holiday, as it should be ADHD Awareness Day. :colbert:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
##holiday Doe Day basically because I have no idea what that even is.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##Holiday Doe Day for the same reasons as Dragonatrix.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Oh hey, a dayvig up for grabs. Guys, maybe handing out candy willy-nilly isn't a good idea? It only takes one gift to scum (without having any taken from them) for them to get an extra kill.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

##vote apostate for being dumb and scum

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

apostateCourier posted:

Oh hey, a dayvig up for grabs. Guys, maybe handing out candy willy-nilly isn't a good idea? It only takes one gift to scum (without having any taken from them) for them to get an extra kill.

That's all well and good but I don't think you get satanism. Willying and nillying is kinda our whole deal. Well that and blood sacrifices. As such ##trick ac

##holiday doe day

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
My dog just told me to ##trick 100yrs. So I will.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Also i seem to have missed out on this, i was actually a psychic vampire once :v:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Puntification posted:

That's all well and good but I don't think you get satanism. Willying and nillying is kinda our whole deal. Well that and blood sacrifices. As such ##trick ac

##holiday doe day

Taking stuff randomly is fine.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

apostateCourier posted:

Taking stuff randomly is fine.

Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law baby. And I'm a giant hole.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yo, give me the candy. As I've said in previous games, I'm the player here who you can trust will use the item in the most pro-town way possible. If I'm town, you trust my game theory, you always have. Even if I am scum, which I am not, I will use a publicly available item in the most pro-town way possible so that I look town using it.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

merk posted:

Yo, give me the candy. As I've said in previous games, I'm the player here who you can trust will use the item in the most pro-town way possible. If I'm town, you trust my game theory, you always have. Even if I am scum, which I am not, I will use a publicly available item in the most pro-town way possible so that I look town using it.

I find this type of behavior to be quite suspicious. This is only the first day, and you say we can trust you to use a day-vig in the most town-way possible? Who can you determine to be scum so early into the game?

Also, you are being quite defensive about not being scum, which is a common ploy for scum to make. If you really weren't scum, you should have probably done something more modest like say, "I don't necessarily need the candy, but I do hope that whomever does get the day-vig skill uses it properly."

I don't know if you're new or not, but being greedy and glib with your actions usually results in a bad way (I, of all people should know. I've caused quite the pickle for myself in my heyday ;)). Even so, even if you were town, I think you might be too green to handle such a responsibility, so just in case there are people gullible enough to fall for something so blunt, I'm going to temper your action with one of my own:

##trick merk

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Harold Krell posted:

I find this type of behavior to be quite suspicious. This is only the first day, and you say we can trust you to use a day-vig in the most town-way possible? Who can you determine to be scum so early into the game?

Also, you are being quite defensive about not being scum, which is a common ploy for scum to make. If you really weren't scum, you should have probably done something more modest like say, "I don't necessarily need the candy, but I do hope that whomever does get the day-vig skill uses it properly."

I don't know if you're new or not, but being greedy and glib with your actions usually results in a bad way (I, of all people should know. I've caused quite the pickle for myself in my heyday ;)). Even so, even if you were town, I think you might be too green to handle such a responsibility, so just in case there are people gullible enough to fall for something so blunt, I'm going to temper your action with one of my own:

##trick merk

That is a lot of words to say "merk is scum" without saying "merk is scum" with a whole lot of mafia dadding.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

That is a lot of words to say "merk is scum" without saying "merk is scum" with a whole lot of mafia dadding.

What? I'm not going to say he's outright scum on the first day if that's the only response I have to go by. Do you think accusing me right now makes you look any better?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Harold Krell posted:

What? I'm not going to say he's outright scum on the first day if that's the only response I have to go by. Do you think accusing me right now makes you look any better?

You seem to care a lot about what you look like.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Harold Krell posted:

##trick merk

I'm not new. I'm literally the only person in the game that everyone can collectively agree to trust to make the most pro-town use of the item. I said this before in another game, got the same response, and the item was squandered by whomever got it. I was town there; I'm town here.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Harold Krell posted:

##trick merk

Trying real hard to make selfish opportunism look atruistic here buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##holiday Founder's Day because America.

##trick Byers

Merk, I'll shoot who you tell me to.

• Locked thread