Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

After we (presumably) get Block or Wrassle on these two, all of our important players (Flolems, Wights, Ghouls, Werewolfs) will have either Block or Wrestle, which means, assuming no further player death, the floodgates will start to open for more variation in skill choice on these levelup votes.

As in, the first non-doubles skill for Flolems, Ghouls and Wolfs is always, always Block (or possibly Wrestle for Ghouls) but from then there isn't an obvious "must pick" skill for the next level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I really like SDS's idea for a Ghoul with wrastle and strip ball; a fast man who can run up and reliably just remove the ball from the ball carrier (reliably by Blood Bowl standards) sounds like a very useful tool to have.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Block wolf
Wrestle ghould
Save

Neruz posted:

I really like SDS's idea for a Ghoul with wrastle and strip ball; a fast man who can run up and reliably just remove the ball from the ball carrier (reliably by Blood Bowl standards) sounds like a very useful tool to have.

And it puts him on the ground, providing incentive for the opposing team to foul his non-regenerating rear end to death! It's fun times all around!

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

FoolyCharged posted:

And it puts him on the ground, providing incentive for the opposing team to foul his non-regenerating rear end to death! It's fun times all around!

All Blood Bowl funhavers know that giving your opponent opportunities to try things is an integral part of the funhaving process (along with rolling dice).

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Block
KING OF SKILLS
Reroll

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Midpoint tally, ~24 hours to go

Block and Wrestle are literally the only skills that have been voted for, 10 of each

Cash
4th Reroll - 8
Save - 1
rear end Coach(es) - 1

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Eh, I'll follow the BWR crowd.

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

The Alien Leader of Transportation
Block for Wolf

for the other cheerleader

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Block
King of Skills
Save

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Just get Block on the dog, that's all I care about

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Get Wrestle on the Wolf and Block on the Ghoul. :colbert:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Block

No reroll, 3 is enough, wait for dubs and then get leader on someone.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Give a player Wrestle, Dirty Player, and Piling On and call him Macho Man Randy Savage. Announce all his fouls in chat as devastating elbow drops to the jaw and poo poo.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Give a player Wrestle, Dirty Player, and Piling On and call him Macho Man Randy Savage. Announce all his fouls in chat as devastating elbow drops to the jaw and poo poo.

I don't think I've watched enough wrassling to do a good call

:siren:VOTING OVER:siren:

BWR wins and I promise by this time next week or sooner I will have a video for y'all

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Well I for one am eagerly awaiting the next match against..

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Victor Vermis posted:

Well I for one am eagerly awaiting the next match against..

Oh boy oh boy oh boy :allears:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Ask and you shall receive

:siren:Match 14:siren:

Fairly Elected (GNU Order, Necromantic) vs Last of the Bohicans (Victor Vermis, Amazon)

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
SANTOS FOR PRESIDENT OF FOREVER

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Yesssssssss Amazon teams, loving Amazon teams. An entire team of dodging glass cannons with strength skills, goddamn Amazons.

Santos is having none of their poo poo.

e: Worth noting that in Blood Bowl canon Amazons are the remains of a Norse expedition to a jungle realm, Blood Bowl Amazons are Jungle Vikings.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

I noticed you dwell on your positioning of Beefslab during Victor's turn on offense which was a mistake but what stood out to me was your positioning of MacGruff on the far right on t6. I thought it made more sense to place him in the middle behind the clump of necromantic and amazons so he could blitz either side of the field effectively. We definitely need to be getting tackle on some players!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Corte posted:

I noticed you dwell on your positioning of Beefslab during Victor's turn on offense which was a mistake but what stood out to me was your positioning of MacGruff on the far right on t6. I thought it made more sense to place him in the middle behind the clump of necromantic and amazons so he could blitz either side of the field effectively. We definitely need to be getting tackle on some players!

Standing MacGruff next to that Amazon on T6 meant that, should Blitzer simply push the Zon he was punching (which was probably going to happen and ended up happening), the followup would still be a 2db. Would it have been smarter to just not punch with Blitzer and set up for the worst case? Maybe.

Except Santos happened so it didn't matter

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Santos is easily the MVP of the entire team, making 4 dodge rolls and two GFIs in a row and giving no fucks for the touchdown.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 20, 2014

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
That was pretty much a perfect example of how to funhave in Blood Bowl.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

GNU Order posted:

Standing MacGruff next to that Amazon on T6 meant that, should Blitzer simply push the Zon he was punching (which was probably going to happen and ended up happening), the followup would still be a 2db. Would it have been smarter to just not punch with Blitzer and set up for the worst case? Maybe.

Except Santos happened so it didn't matter

My mistake it was T7, he was out wide. It just makes more sense to me to have him deep in the middle since the opponent hadn't committed to a side yet and you were down a player. Here's hoping the second half goes better!

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Santos is lucky that Piling On didn't crush his head. Two chances for a 9+ injury roll due to mighty blow is more than enough to ax a ghoul.

The lack of Tackle was something I've been waiting to bite this team for a long time. Sure, there have been teams with several dodge players, but they can be played around. Here? Haha, no. The only people on the team with a good reason to have Tackle at this point are the Werewolves and Wights. Maybe our passing Wight can pick that up if people don't give him something useful like Guard, or something silly like Strong Arm.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Rorahusky posted:

Santos is easily the MVP of the entire team, making 4 dodge rolls and two GFIs in a row and giving no fucks for the touchdown.

Santos is the miracle that never stops. When he eventually dies, I think I'm gonna cry.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Dwarves. Dwarves like Amazons.

If you hate them so much, GET SOME loving TACKLE.

Santos. Gives no fucks about dodging forever.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Sep 20, 2014

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Revised list of teams we've yet to play: Dark Elf, High Elf, Human, Nurgle, Ogre, Wood Elf, Chaos Dwarves and Underworld. Definitely still some teams we'll want a tackler or two for.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Santos working goddamn miracles like it ain't no thing. :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj42aefC1ms

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
On not Piling On against The Head Cheerleader: Putting Madam Sploosh on the ground wouldn't have helped my chances of scoring. There was some redemption here, I think, because on the next turn her Piling On K.O. to clear Santos from the lane for the handoff->run was absolutely amazing and a good example of how Piling On is useful for more than just trying to kill a player every turn.

On Zon team building: Developing throwers and catchers on MA 6 bashy team is like giving Pass to a Wight, except the Wight actually has speedy guys to throw to.
For a closed league where everyone starts with fresh teams, Zon positionals would be a good investment because they're going to be starved for ways to keep up with other teams' specializations.

These Zons that Gnu is playing came from Nagg (Open League) where they had a long career of low TV min-max fuckery, though. So no Catchers or Throwers (although I'd love to have a +MA Catcher or two for Side Step/Shadowing/Diving Tackle).
Putting +Agi on players who are already useful in other ways (I have two of these) is good enough for offensive desperation moves, in my opinion.

tlarn posted:

This is beautiful. Need this to play whenever Santos does a thing.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Are you sure Santos is not related to Skaven Gutter Runners by any chance? Such ghoulish grace.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:Second Half:siren:

Fairly Elected (GNU Order, Necromantic) vs Last of the Bohicans (Victor Vermis, Amazon)

I should put these in spoiler tags to keep y'all from peeking

What level do we give Bonecruncher McGraw, skill-less Zombie?

What do we do with our spare cash?
1. Save for a Ghoul
2. gently caress Ghouls, buy a Zombie
3. Other

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 21, 2014

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.

tlarn posted:

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Amazons are total dicks. We only got 1 skill and that last half was just rough.

Bonecruncher McGraw should get some super fancy footwork going on. Since Franken Castle died, we need another player with Kick. Alternately, we should get Dirty Player so we can stop all dem POMBers.

Also, save up for the new ghoul. We need the movement on our team and Zombies are garbage.

Seven Deadly Sins fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 21, 2014

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
New ghoul, Kick

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
God drat that was a hell of a half in all the worst ways.

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

The Alien Leader of Transportation
Kick

Save for a new ghoul.

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
I am feeling dirty player, if only to commemorate the only time you ever got a player kicked off.

Also save for a ghoul, name him Santos' Manservant.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
New zombie, Dirty Player

This is the vote of maximum fun having :colbert:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Tackle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear