Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

for what it's worth bowmore, i was searching for you cause i am 'the helper' and i was trying to find you to join you in a masonry

now you've turned on me and i'm sad
that would have been cool but it's too late for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Welp, ##vote kumba

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
:tipshat:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i've got something for you to inspect.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

i've got something for you to inspect.

Is it a package?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

They wanted to turn him into Hamburger Helper! Ohohoho!

Kumbamontu (The Author) - 3P-Aligned Helper has been lynched D4.

Votecount for Day 4

Kumbamontu (6): Somberbrero, CapitalistPig, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig, Somberbrero, GulagDolls, Magnus Gallant, Opopanax, bowmore, CapitalistPig
Somberbrero (2): King Burgundy, Tremendous Taste, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
King Burgundy (1): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Kumbamontu

Not Voting (2): Meinberg, Your Personal Muse

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 13th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 20 hours, 27 minutes.

There is no shop today. Night actions please.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Opop couldn't find the eggs, or eat the eggs. What a disaster.

Opop (J.G. Jopling) - Town-aligned Egg Keeper That Hatches Eggs On Day 5 and Empowerer

It is now D5.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (9): bowmore, CapitalistPig, GulagDolls, King Burgundy, Magnus Gallant, Meinberg, Somberbrero, Tremendous Taste, Your Personal Muse

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 18th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 days.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I was jailed again :/:/:/

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Meinburg?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Again?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

bowmore posted:

Meinburg?

I jailed you last night, actually, in an attempt at a defensive maneuver.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Meinberg posted:

So you jailed Bowmore last night? And TT got jailed as well???

Who did you jail the night before?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

So you jailed Bowmore last night? And TT got jailed as well???

Who did you jail the night before?

I'm not sure what happened to TT. Maybe I got redirected by someone?

And the night before, I jailed myself.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote meinberg

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah meinberg seems shady.

##vote meinberg

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meinberg posted:

But my action was successful, so you didn't jail me?

I guess you were re-directed to Taste or you are just lying about jailing me...I didn't die so that's a bonus

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
DBD Modkill everyone except me

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah meinberg seems shady.

##vote meinberg

##vote cpig

Dude is scum. Has shown again and again that as long as it's not him he doesn't care who is lynched

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Magnus Gallant posted:

##vote cpig

Dude is scum. Has shown again and again that as long as it's not him he doesn't care who is lynched

Ah, the old Cpig is Cpig case. I love these.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Your Personal Muse posted:

Ah, the old Cpig is Cpig case. I love these.

Welp

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Look at Cpig's response to my call for his gut. They are from a town gut. He says opop might be a survivor (which given the way opop was leaving his vote on a relatively safe target (Ernie) yet not pushing it that hard would be picked up by a gut call), I'm town (scum would be more likely to give an unsure answer so they aren't accused of buddying), and gulag is town (which given the way gulag played this game is a controversial claim, which I think points to the fact that is truly cpig's opinion, if you get what I mean)

I think it might be meinberg actually since a lot of his claims aren't sitting right. Somber seems off as well.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think it might be meinberg actually since a lot of his claims aren't sitting right. Somber seems off as well.

I agree with this.

Also, another theory, I was thinking there were 4ish scum in this game based on having 16 players. If there were 5, we already lost, so assume it is 3 or 4 then. If there are 4, we are at LYLO. So surely scum would all rush to vote a town with town voters on them to end the game?

And yet, Meinberg has been sitting there with 2 votes for hours and hours. So either Meinberg is scum, so they don't want to join the vote, or the two votes on Meinberg are scum. I can't see a case for both TT and CPig being scum.

Same argument can technically be applied to Cpig, but he's had that single vote for far less time and it is easier for me to see a case for one of that combo being scum.

I'm currently leaning Meinberg as scum based on everything that has happened plus the above. Does any of this sound super wrong? The more time that passes here, the more I'm thinking Meinberg is a good vote.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Magnus Gallant posted:

##vote cpig

Hey Magnus guess what.

You are a dumb.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Meinberg posted:

I'm not sure what happened to TT. Maybe I got redirected by someone?

And the night before, I jailed myself.

How do you roleblock/protect yourself?

I don't know what is happening here anymore.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Hey Magnus guess what.

You are a dumb.

Nah, but I play one on TV

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

How do you roleblock/protect yourself?

I don't know what is happening here anymore.

I put myself under house arrest. Really, quite the clever strategy. Everyone should try it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Meinberg posted:

I put myself under house arrest. Really, quite the clever strategy. Everyone should try it.

If you were town there's no way you'd be this flippant and I don't buy that answer.

##vote Meinberg

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote Meinburg

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Let's get this over with. Sorry, everybody.

##vote meinberg

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Welp.

:redhammer:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:redhammer::redhammer::redhammer::redhammer::redhammer::redhammer:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Flip soon!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Things sort of just got worse and worse. Meinberg was a truthful man.

Meinberg (Ludwig) - Town aligned jailer has been lynched D5.

It is now night. Give me night actions plz!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Gulag (Monsieur Dino) - Town-aligned PR / Mason / Price Setter has been shot in the temple N5.

Somb, CapPig, Bowmore and King Burgundy have won the game for the scum. Flawless victory.

The rest have been end gamed.

This is the last game I'm modding for quite a while. Thank you for playing for those who did - I'm retiring from mafia not because of this just as a whole it doesn't do anything for me anymore. A lot of my games seem to start out really good and then just everybody either forgets their roles or doesn't send their actions or doesn't post or needs to be replaced or stops putting in effort. It's just not fun to mod anymore for me. Maybe once a year or something I'll join a game if it looks fun. Regardless, I appreciate the people who play my games so thank you anyway.

i'll post things tomorrow since it's 5 AM.

2 things i'll say off the bat now: I feel bad for YPM since he was the body harvester and had little to no impact in the game whatsoever. He got extremely unlucky that Kumba took a while to find him, and even unluckier that town was not very well coordinated. He was essentially a survivor with a secret win condition. He only collected two limbs including his own - targeting Somb a few times (who was immune (body wise) and the person you needed to find) - Kumba not finding you or ending his vote on people and when you did find each other, him not living long wasn't a help either. In theory, it could've been really fun but this is how things go sometimes.

I regret the store since it was just supposed to be a fun little side thing that instead became a major thing which I didn't expect. Caused a bit of drama in private messages and brought up some situations that I did not think should've happened, but whatever.

Balance wise I'll release the docs tomorrow - I put an extra scum since one was hunted by the Harvester and there was a lot of power roles in this game. There was no actual cop - only a rolecop. I wanted to put emphasis on certain roles being extremely important to the town and a lot of them being eliminated early put them in a bad spot. There were a lot of things at play where it could've flipped entirely but scum had a relatively easy time this game.

Sorry if I took a while to open the thread. It often fell on my busy work days and I also just didn't feel like dealing with the game at times.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Sep 17, 2014

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Terrible game through no fault of DBD. Thanks for the cool setup. :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I told you guys to vote KB :saddowns:

The reason I didn't want to release my investigation results was cause KB was on there and I was confident he was scum so I didn't want to have him anywhere near a list of potentially confirmed town.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'd love to know who your list of 5 was. Was I right that it would be mostly townies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nice work town *slow clap*

• Locked thread