Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Karmine posted:

I love the idea of WWE champion Brock Lesnar wanting to avenge a loss from three years ago in the UFC.

He should borrow Orlando Jordan's time machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Solomonic posted:

"WOW! VERY FANTASTIC BODY :vince:"

Pantastic*

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Writer Cath posted:

Hell's Kitchen!

On RAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

On RAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
Gordon Ramsay says the scallops are undercooked, Brock Lesnar suplexes him through every table in the restaurant.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Every time there's a fresh Babinsack, the first thing I do is Ctrl+F for "Bruno", and I've yet to be disappointed.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAMecca:

quote:

- This week, I'd like to begin with the influx of rumors coming from the dirtsheets lately about all sorts of TNA-related topics. The amount of unsubstantiated rumors I'm seeing on a daily basis is absolutely insane. Even more insane is the fact that almost all of them will be proven to be false when it's all said and done yet some seem to believe them. I suppose if you pay a monthly fee for "insider" stuff, you're more inclined to believe it regardless of how preposterous it sounds. The reality is that insider "news" is no more legit than anything you'd read in the National Inquirer but as long as there's a market, the dirtsheets will continue to have to find "news" to report in order to justify the fees they charge. Let's be real, if dirtsheets had insider news or scoops from real sources, I assure you, they'd be screaming it from the rooftops in order to get the credit, something any site with credibility would strive for. Instead, they tuck the news away for only a select few to have access to it. As a subscriber, one has to wonder why that is. I, personally, don't subscribe to any dirtsheet nor do I plan to. I prefer to get my news from the real sources who can confirm their reports and it won't cost me a single penny. If you're a TNA fan, I urge you to not settle for "insider" reports from unnamed sources because in most cases, neither the dirtsheet nor the source have your best interests at heart or those of the wrestling promotion they're supposedly reporting about. They're in it to make money and although I don't begrudge them that, I have an issue with their untruthfulness. Because let me be clear, the only credible source is one that can provide evidence for what their reporting. Wrestling fans should expect nothing less...especially those who are willing to pay for it.

http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/09/tna-wednesday-randomania-sep-10-2014.html#more

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Holzerman seems legit mentally unwell here:
http://wallsofjerichoholic.blogspot.ie/2014/09/pro-wrestling-skoopz-on-wrestling-blog.html?spref=tw

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

There is a staggering amount of rage from people who have never read a newsletter.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

It's a joke "fictitious person takes over" post.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

i liked this better when it was called the reksling obsessor

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Is this Holzerman dude someone I should know?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

His name comes up every once in a while, he's just a stupid blogger.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Whoever says YouTube comments can't make you laugh are stupid people. Almost as stupid as the people in the comments:

In reply to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goa1DQI-1a4

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Another DVDVR gem:

quote:

they should not be broadcasting nxt on the network nor advertising it as a special event. It has nothing to do with match quality, but rather you are overexposing future stars, taking away the surprise of their arrival, and allowing fans to see them developing. Latest example, the Ascension...loses title to a former WWE jobber and 5'6 luchador, beat up by one guy on the way out the door, yet you expect them to be built as credible challengers on the big show. Does them no favors.

As a Pirates fan ( :suicide: ) living in Indy, I sure got tired of seeing Andrew McCutchen when he was with the Indianapolis Indians and gave no fucks about him by the time he became the Pirates' franchise player.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Is there any evidence a lovely initial prelim run really hurts you with fans? Good talent seems to overcome it. Cena, Ziggler, and Bray are fine. NXT season 1 had way more viewers and didn't hold back Bryan or Barrett. Axel and Dallas didn't flop because fans remembered their past.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Cena, Ziggler, and Bray are fine

One of these things is not like the others

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Sydney Bottocks posted:

One of these things is not like the others
Fine. Bray's problems have nothing to do with Husky Harris.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Everyone looked at this sidekick to Brother D-Von and thought "nah, this dude will never make it".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Fine. Bray's problems have nothing to do with Husky Harris.

He means that while the fans all take out their cell phones for Bray and cheer Ziggler after all these years Cena still only gets a mixed reaction from the crowd. They remember.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE always drew well in Louisville.

Also the standard main roster booking is way, way, way more destructive to wrestlers than anything NXT does.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

That dude got totally buried for such a stupid post and ended up resorting to ad hominem misogyny attacks on another poster. :)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Via the F4W board.

The next NXT special should be on Christmas day:

quote:

If the next Takeover was to take place in December would anyone else like to see it take place on Christmas Day?

I'm probably in the minority here but I think it would make a great excuse for spending less time with the in-laws. Just saying.

An even better date might be Jan 1 but we shall see.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAsylum scaling back and the Talon sets down as Director:
http://www.tnasylum.com/2014/09/tnasylum-changing-direction.html#disqus_thread

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

We will still focus on headline news and stories that advance the TNA Narrative.

The TNA Narrative is "Guys, everything's fine. Guys. Guys? Where are you going?"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

The TNA Narrative is "Guys, everything's fine. Guys. Guys? Where are you going?"

"We must secure the existence of old people and a future for man-children."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Another DVDVR gem:

As a Pirates fan ( :suicide: ) living in Indy, I sure got tired of seeing Andrew McCutchen when he was with the Indianapolis Indians and gave no fucks about him by the time he became the Pirates' franchise player.

Who honestly likes The Ascension? They're like the Road Warriors without the spikes or intimidation factor.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

Who honestly likes The Ascension? They're like the Road Warriors without the spikes or intimidation factor.
So they're The Acolytes, pre APA?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

So they're The Acolytes, pre APA?

Or Kronik, take your pick. Kronik is probably a better analog for their wrestling ability.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I was a fan of Kronik :downs:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

oldpainless posted:

You must have been because it takes some serious drug use to like that tag team.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

oldpainless posted:

You have come to the right thread. (I too liked Kronik, if only because I liked Crush and Wrath.)

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Grendels Dad posted:

You have come to the right thread. (I too liked Kronik, if only because I liked Crush and Wrath.)

I seriously thought for a long time that Wrath could have been the cornerstone of a revived four horsemen. Instead I got.... Kronik. :sigh:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Charles Gnarwin posted:

You must have been because it takes some serious drug use to like that tag team.

No one on earth was smoking more weed than me in the late 90's and I still hated Kronik. I think it's because they had what should've been a stoner gimmick with no indication of that in their actual characters at all.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I thought it was established on PSP that The Ascension are Stargate vampires.

I still think the best/coolest/funniest way to have debuted them in WWE is to have them be cosmic villains for Goldust/Stardust. Like they opened a portal to create a shortcut to the Cosmic Key and The Ascension popped out.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

No one on earth was smoking more weed than me in the late 90's and I still hated Kronik. I think it's because they had what should've been a stoner gimmick with no indication of that in their actual characters at all.

Yeah their name is Kronik but theres NOTHING that they did that said "I smoke weed" other than their finisher being High Times or whatever, also they were mercenaries at one point or another?

God Kronik sucks

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

You have to remember the Russo theory of booking, the two guys had reputations backstage for being huge potheads so as a result Russo assumed everyone knew what he did and knew that reputation without showing the audience it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Oh, so the exact same booking that saw noted herbologist Ricardo Rodriguez teaming up with RVD recently?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Madtrixr posted:

Yeah their name is Kronik but theres NOTHING that they did that said "I smoke weed" other than their finisher being High Times or whatever, also they were mercenaries at one point or another?

God Kronik sucks

Kroni>| was the coolest.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

When Kronik were around I thought they were awesome. But I was also 14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Madtrixr posted:

God Kronik sucks

They tried to address it one time in a backstage skit. These... guys, I don't know (it's been a long time) were talking, and then someone slid a piece of paper under the door. They picked it up and read it aloud: "It's 4:19, got a minute?" And then kronik came in and started beating up everyone.

It went over pretty well as you can see...