Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.
So many children having nightmares tonight by the sound of the programme so far...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Surely it's a fear because there could be some fucker hiding under there and it's a pretty vulnerable place.

He might as well be asking why some people are afraid to open the fridge in case a murderous clown head jumps out at you. :/

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Best joke ever in doctor who

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is an entirely different type of dream for young Mr. Pink.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Jerusalem posted:

This is an entirely different type of dream for young Mr. Pink.

I was just thinking, this better not get all yewtree.

Edit to add: If these things ever team up with the weeping angels they will be unstoppable. And/or a hilarious buddy comedy.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 13, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Once upon a time... the end :smug:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

AWESOME PINK :haw:

e: This episode is structurally bizarre.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ORSON Pink..... I thought it was Awesome Pink :laugh:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
This is Midnight/Blink levels of creepy.

I love it. :allears:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

As horror, this isn't working for me. But even so, I am liking it a lot more than last episode.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Autonomous Monster posted:

e: This episode is structurally bizarre.

It's like it's been made by a bunch of schizophrenics.

This nonsense is what the previous series were like right?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

As horror, this isn't working for me. But even so, I am liking it a lot more than last episode.

Yeah, I wouldn't call it scary, but I love the odd atmosphere and sense that everything is just slightly off.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't call it scary, but I love the odd atmosphere and sense that everything is just slightly off.

I'd say its creepy rather than scary. Its also disjointed as hell, but I'm enjoying it anyway.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Did Steven Moffat forget how to write stories? This is a purely incoherent series of events.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Two words that change this whole shebang

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Oh okay.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

O...Kay.

This has taken an odd twist.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So the entire thing was just for her having been there when the Doctor was a kid? :raise:

loving hell, this is bad.

Edit: why is there so much loving "serious drama" being poured over this. :psyduck:

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

At least I know Gallifrey now has barns and hay.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

And thats how Clara met the master.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Hah! Johnny!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Well that was a big ol' pile of Moffat.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Well, I am sure that loads of people will have hated that but I thought that was fantastic. Full of tension and suspense :)

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Keira Knightly in next weeks episode?

Also, I liked that one - I'm glad they're going into the personality of this new and radical Doctor. Everyone's learning what make's him tick - Moffat, Capaldi and us - and it's quite refreshing.

Ragnarak
Jun 17, 2003
What just happened?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Ragnarak posted:

What just happened?

Nothing.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Ragnarak posted:

What just happened?

Doctor imagined a monster out of nothing; turned out to have been a monster imagined out of nothing.

So I guess it really was a kid under the bedspread.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
FEAR MAKES COMPANIONS OF US ALL

I CALLED that JUST BEFORE IT WAS SAID

I'm gonna need some time to think this over.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was.... odd. I am not at all a fan of jumping back to the Doctor's childhood no matter how carefully they try to frame it, and while it was handled well I think it was still a mistake to include it.

Also I guess we're supposed to take it as a given that it WAS just another kid fooling around with Rupert under that bedspread, except at one point it (out of focus) took the bedspread off and it looked like a monster so... ?

I don't know, weird episode - I liked every individual part of it but it didn't make for a cohesive whole at all, and not just because of the jumps in time and space that it took.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

When Moffat decides to arbitrarily retcon Clara, he's gonna have a loving job of it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So I guess it really was a kid under the bedspread.

It could have been some fucker there to murder the kid too, maybe rob them blind at the same time and they just let him get away to rob and murder someone else.

Edit: and there was stuff knocking on the door at the end (when everything was supposed to be dead).

Oh and did he really need a magic screwdriver to make the door go from "locked" to "unlocked"?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

That was.... odd. I am not at all a fan of jumping back to the Doctor's childhood no matter how carefully they try to frame it, and while it was handled well I think it was still a mistake to include it.

There was no way to not include it, literally the entire point of the episode was Moffat writing an origin story for The Doctor.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Noxville posted:

There was no way to not include it, literally the entire point of the episode was Moffat writing an origin story for The Doctor.

That's why I think it was a mistake to include it.

Nice idea, not a bad execution, but unnecessary and doomed from the get-go since they can't go into specifics at all. The Doctor's youth really doesn't need any exploration or definition, it's better left to the viewer's imagination, especially since we already know what makes him into the person that we know (his adventures with humans through time and space starting from An Unearthly Child).

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 13, 2014

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aaaa that episode was loving amazing! Capaldi is the best Doctor ever, he's such a dick. And Clara is actually interesting this series.

And it was one of the ones where I could guess about things and then they happened and I could feel clever.

Also nice to see we're back to a big huge thread for the series.

Also also I see the thing Moffat was trying to terrify children about this series is nothing at all. That man is a menace.

Vincent K. McMahon
Sep 13, 2014

by Ralp
Just stopping in to say that was a really great episode even before the final 10 minutes

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

So wait, if the barn was attached to an orphanage, where was the orphanage when the War Doctor turned up?

And why the hell did they build an orphanage in the middle of the desert?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

It's one of those ones that's gonna be properly explained in the final two-parter. Cos the Doctor has never indicated that he had that army man, has he?

In my wildest dreams, Missy shows up in the Tardis, puts the army figure on the console and says: "Hello again Doctor. It has been a long time since you looked into the eyes of Morbius, hasn't it?"

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, and the Doctor blocking Clara's door from opening fully was great. And him stealing the coffee. And looking for Wally. I think I like him even more than Smithdoc.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

So wait, if the barn was attached to an orphanage, where was the orphanage when the War Doctor turned up?

And why the hell did they build an orphanage in the middle of the desert?

The Time War hosed Gallifrey hard, and that place was probably magically time locked or some such poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
So who wrote "listen" on the chalkboard?

• Locked thread