Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
the yankees' ace is jhoulys chacin and none of us can beat them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Whoo! My super deep bullpen finally came in handy.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Monicro posted:

And he only gave Byron Buxton 12 PAs all season.

For my own part, I guess Adam Wainwright wasn't quiiite rested enough for Game 3 there.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
drat, clutch blingee play in the wildcard game to destroy the dodgers, but a shame to fall to the phillies.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
And in an even year! Madness.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

JosefStalinator posted:

drat, clutch blingee play in the wildcard game to destroy the dodgers, but a shame to fall to the phillies.

RIP NL West. The brightest stars burn out fastest.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.

seiferguy posted:

Aw gently caress :smith:

So good all season too. :(

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...

Monicro posted:

Trust me, I am just as confused as the rest of you.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Pirates own.

Did the sim actually use a 4-man rotation? It looks like it said Wily Peralta was going to start at some point during the division series. At any rate, make sure it's a 4-man rotation and always have it start the highest rested pitcher. Thank you!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 15, 2014

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Woof. Better give Josh Johnson and Alex Meyer the last two starts, in that order. Thanks.

Also, I think you may have missed that Freddy Galvis is now my starting 2B.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Could you slot in Jose Fernandez for Game 7 if necessary. And if BJ Upton is still starting against lefties take him out and replace him with Bourn. And put Kris Bryant in. At least he has some power

PASS THE MASH fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 15, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Merry Marauder posted:

Woof. Better give Josh Johnson and Alex Meyer the last two starts, in that order. Thanks.

Also, I think you may have missed that Freddy Galvis is now my starting 2B.

I didn't but I forgot to change it in the depth charts because I'm a dumb dumb, it's fixed now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LCS games six and seven tonight, World Series games 1-4 tomorrow, 5-6 thursday, and 7 saturday.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
Well played, Royals!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

Game 4

This Series owns

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Holy poo poo, that's a ridiculous set of games. Two in extras and a 9th inning walkoff?

Make sure Josh Johnson gets Game 5, please. Then Stroman and Hudson if he can go @ Rested, Kuroda if he can't.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Both Hudson and Fernandez pitched games 1 and 4 so I'm sure he/they will be good to go if there's a game seven.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

drat these have been close. Give Nicasio the start in game 5 followed by Gonzalez and Fernandez

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

This is the most exciting series of simulated realistic baseball images I have ever seen.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Someone explain to me why Cingrani (who isn't even listed in the above image) pitched the wildcard game for the Dodgers and not Stephen Strasburg or Carlos Martinez?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Because Carlos Martinez pitched Game 162, and CFBalla did not, in fact, "micromanage this Wild Card game in the most Tony La Russa way possible."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Because Carlos Martinez pitched Game 162, and CFBalla did not, in fact, "micromanage this Wild Card game in the most Tony La Russa way possible."

And Strasburg pitched game 161, so he would have been going on two days rest after pitching like 115 pitches in that game.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

IcePhoenix posted:

And Strasburg pitched game 161, so he would have been going on two days rest after pitching like 115 pitches in that game.

Considering they won the Wild Card by 4 games, it's kind of stupid that Strasburg would even be pitching that game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Game 5

Game 6

BOTTOM OF THE 6TH
Kansas City Royals batting - Pitching for Philadelphia Phillies : LHP Sean Marshall
-Batting: RHB Jose Altuve
0-0: Called Strike
0-1: Swinging Strike
0-2: Strikes out swinging
-Batting: RHB Justin Upton
0-1: Ball
1-1: Swinging Strike
1-2: Ball
2-2: Strikes out looking
-Batting: LHB Kole Calhoun
0-0: Ball
1-0: Called Strike
1-2: Fly out, F3 (Popup, 3L)
Bottom of the 6th over - 0 run(s), 0 hit(s), 0 error(s), 0 left on base; Philadelphia 7 - Kansas City 5

TOP OF THE 7TH
Philadelphia Phillies batting - Pitching for Kansas City Royals : LHP Joe Thatcher
-Batting: LHB Corey Dickerson
1-0: Ball
2-0: Ball
3-0: Called Strike
3-1: Base on Balls
-Batting: RHB Ryan Zimmerman
0-0: Sac Bunt - play at first, batter OUT! 1-4
Corey Dickerson to second
-Batting: LHB Ike Davis
0-0: Intentional Walk
-Batting: LHB Stephen Drew
1-0: Grounds into double play, 4-6-3 (Groundball, 4)
Top of the 7th over - 0 run(s), 0 hit(s), 0 error(s), 1 left on base; Philadelphia 7 - Kansas City 5

BOTTOM OF THE 7TH
Kansas City Royals batting - Pitching for Philadelphia Phillies : LHP Sean Marshall
-Batting: RHB Paul Konerko
1-0: Swinging Strike
1-1: Foul Ball, location: 2F
2-2: Strikes out swinging
-Batting: LHB Alejandro De Aza
1-1: Called Strike
1-2: Fly out, F3 (Popup, 3S)
-Batting: RHB Andrelton Simmons
2-2: Fly out, F6 (Line Drive, 56)
Bottom of the 7th over - 0 run(s), 0 hit(s), 0 error(s), 0 left on base; Philadelphia 7 - Kansas City 5

TOP OF THE 8TH
Philadelphia Phillies batting - Pitching for Kansas City Royals : LHP Joe Thatcher
-Batting: LHB Brock Holt
1-1: Ball
2-1: Ball
3-1: Foul Ball, location: 2F
3-2: Fly out, F9 (Flyball, 9S)
Pitching: RHP Mark Melancon
-Batting: SHB Dexter Fowler
1-0: Foul Ball, location: 2F
1-1: Ground out 1-3 (Groundball, 13)
-Batting: RHB Buster Posey
2-0: Called Strike
3-1: Ground out 6-3 (Groundball, 6)
Top of the 8th over - 0 run(s), 0 hit(s), 0 error(s), 0 left on base; Philadelphia 7 - Kansas City 5

BOTTOM OF THE 8TH
Pitching: RHP John Axford
-Batting: RHB Russell Martin
0-1: Called Strike
0-2: Ball
2-2: Ball
3-2: Ground out 4-3 (Groundball, 4)
-Batting: RHB Kris Bryant
0-2: Ball
1-2: Foul Ball, location: 2F
1-2: Strikes out swinging
-Batting: LHB Michael Bourn
2-1: Bunt for hit - play at first, batter OUT! 1-3
Bottom of the 8th over - 0 run(s), 0 hit(s), 0 error(s), 3 left on base; Philadelphia 7 - Kansas City 5

TOP OF THE 9TH
Philadelphia Phillies batting - Pitching for Kansas City Royals : RHP Mark Melancon
-Batting: SHB Freddy Galvis
2-1: Foul Ball, location: 2F
3-2: DOUBLE (Groundball, 3D)
-Batting: RHB Jose Bautista
2-1: Swinging Strike
2-2: Foul Ball, location: 2F
3-2: Base on Balls
-Batting: LHB Corey Dickerson
2-0: Grounds into double play, U4-3 (Groundball, 4)
Freddy Galvis to third
-Batting: RHB Ryan Zimmerman
0-0: Foul Ball, location: 2F
0-2: Strikes out swinging
Top of the 9th over - 0 run(s), 1 hit(s), 0 error(s), 1 left on base; Philadelphia 7 - Kansas City 5

BOTTOM OF THE 9TH
Kansas City Royals batting - Pitching for Philadelphia Phillies : RHP John Axford
Pitching: RHP David Robertson
-Batting: RHB Jose Altuve
1-1: Called Strike
1-2: Strikes out looking
-Batting: RHB Justin Upton
2-0: Ball
3-0: Called Strike
-Batting: LHB Kole Calhoun
2-0: Called Strike
-Justin Upton to second
Batting: RHB Paul Konerko
0-0: Fly out, F7 (Flyball, 78XD)
Runner from 2nd tags up, SAFE at 3rd, no throw
-Batting: LHB Alejandro De Aza
0-0: Swinging Strike
2-1: Called Strike

2-2: Strikes out swinging
Bottom of the 9th over - 0 run(s), 0 hit(s), 0 error(s), 2 left on base; Philadelphia 7 - Kansas City 5

Congrats to The Merry Marauder!

I'm gonna take the weekend off then start posting team pages next week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

"Wait a second, IcePhoenix!

What's up with Miguel Gonzalez's line?"

Well my friends, let me tell you the story of a veteran hanging on for one last shot...

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Had a good run. Good series Merry Maurader.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
If anyone wants to play something else a lot like this now that it's over the Super-League just opened signups again. It's basically this same concept but with more indepth trading/drafting/etc, it's a lot of fun!

e: marauder beats everyone there too

Monicro fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 19, 2014

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This was fun, and I'm definitely giving the BBM Superleague thing a go.

If it weren't for the terrible and over time consuming draft, I'd propose giving the Be a GM thing another go, since this was really fun to watch, or otherwise continuing it somehow.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Informal vote, most votes by the time I sit down to update tonight wins: Do you want me to post teams by division or by record?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

IcePhoenix posted:

Informal vote, most votes by the time I sit down to update tonight wins: Do you want me to post teams by division or by record?

Divisions.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Definitely divisions.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AL EAST

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If it's okay with Icephoenix (just let me know and I'll edit this out), this inspired me to start a Let's Play of OOTP 15, only with a collaborative goon team rather than competitive:

If you're interested and wanna keep getting your OOTP fix, come help determine the league structure and eventually draft and roster our team (and if you add yourself to the google doc, you can be in it too):

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3667267

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

JosefStalinator posted:

If it's okay with Icephoenix (just let me know and I'll edit this out), this inspired me to start a Let's Play of OOTP 15, only with a collaborative goon team rather than competitive:

If you're interested and wanna keep getting your OOTP fix, come help determine the league structure and eventually draft and roster our team (and if you add yourself to the google doc, you can be in it too):

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3667267

I made a dude, good luck!

e: glorious 4 man rotation for life, though

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

[b]NL EAST]/b]

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Joey Bats, 32 dingers, 0.1 WAR. Good times. And he was 7th on the team in strikeouts, haha.

Turns out the secret to the championship is two rookie SPs and two injury reclamations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Joey Bats, 32 dingers, 0.1 WAR. Good times.

Mark Reynolds, 32 dingers, -0.8 WAR. Looks like I win again :c00l:

• Locked thread