Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Eliza

"Oh," Eliza replies reassuringly, "Don't worry, no snakes will die in the cause of this outfit. I've known too many serpents for that. Shed snake-skin wouldn't work either; like you said, it's too dried-out and wouldn't read properly on the stage. Even actual snake-skin might not be crisp enough. Faux snake-skin is the way to go, I think."

Eliza's left eyebrow slowly rises as Luna references Sherry. One can very nearly hear the sound of a bow climbing a violin string as her eyebrow rises. So the Gypsy Widows aren't the only one keeping tabs on the unusual attendees.

She smiles merrily at Luna's joke, and replies, "I think she looks like a shimmering dragon with golden scales, personally," One hand still propping up her cheek, the imp turns her head to spy upon the twin's cousin flirting with her friend with a bemused eye and smile, "So, how do you fancy his chances as a dragon-slayer? She's very adroit at deflecting advances, and attire notwithstanding, is the most reserved member of our merry little band."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sherry

It's begun to dawn on Sherry that Paul the Artist may just be an artist. Well, 'just'. If someone is putting a power on somebody else, would it... show? It's a good question. If he isn't just playing hard-to-metaphor, she's glad to have resisted an urge to just cut to the chase. That kind of misunderstanding would have led to some terrible awkwardness, to say the least.

"No harm, no foul," she nods, having not yet overheard the rising snide elsewhere in the room. "Not like someone cracked open that jar of supermodel wind."

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
"That," Paul says with a bit of annoyance in his voice, "is a point being proven." He points to the small red sticker on the stand designating that the piece has been sold. "All it takes is a label maker and a vase with a cork. Art."

~

"More dragon than disco ball... maybe she's the knight going to politic with the dragon? Not that Paul is a dragon. Paul's good, but he's... he'd rather be making paintings than here selling them... but rent and leopard print cardigans are both things he has to be able to afford." Luna laughs, "As for chances... three and a half out of ten? Two and a half? One out of eight?"

~

"Not just art," Lyra says, "You felt it. It's..." She pauses, looking for the right words, "It's a way to make sure that everything here tonight sells because of the...level of enthusiasm she can generate. But it's not limited to art. Just the easiest thing." She pauses again, her eyes darting around, "and I could do the opposite, and make everyone feel really loving lame about everything and make sure nothing sold and that this was the worst night of everyone's week. You got steam cleaned but, hey, walked away from a fire. Silver linings." She makes an effort to follow the talk of Rusalkas and Wodniks but says, "I don't know about any of that. But at least you have something to go on. As far as we can remember, it's been like this. Realized we were different when we were 11 or 12. Maybe we always knew. But why? No clue. We just rolled with it and made it work."

"Whoa," Lyra manages when her ice turns to water, then "Wow," when Konnie draws up the cylindrical mist, then a gasp when she covers theit faces and then snaps it back down into water, then a happy ice cube. Lyra scoops it out of the air and back into her glass with a smile. "That's amazing."

"What's fun to me?" Lyra repeats, "I don't know. Hanging with friends, family, music, seeing new things, eating good food. The same boring things that are fun to most people but I think that's not what you mean. What am I passionate about? I don't know. I want to do something where I know I'm not succeeding because I can make the other person fail. Or something where it's worth it. I guess I'm looking for a challenge. And it's like, I could go white water rafting or some outward bound desert survival. You know, some random challenge--and if I ever do either of those I'm bringing you--" she smiles, "but that's not the same thing. I haven't found it yet because I don't know what I'm looking for. For now, I'm here. It's not so bad."

xian fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Sep 14, 2014

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

Oh that loving tears it. Meg's hair is nearly on fire. She nudges Jules in the side. "Hey," she says. "What's this guy driving?" she asks. "And which pocket does he keep his keys in?"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Jules

"Working on it," Jules quietly murmurs in response to Meg. He looks back in the direction of the suited man, like he's about to say something, before he turns away, one arm around Meg, like they're just deciding to wander off towards their friends. He uses that moment of brief eye contact to poke into the guy's head with his ability, scoping around for whether he drove here - and someone in a suit like that probably drove here, or was driven here - and for where he keeps his keys.

Or, y'know, for anything else that might seem of particular interest. Payback's a bitch.

He can get to scanning the dolphin-lady in another second or two.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Ying yang dolphin twins." Konnie summarises in a way she can understand. And maybe only her. "So she's the hype man, and you're the diss track. Alright." She again tries to summarise, but in a way Lyra might get. "I can get how that would get you down after a while. The only thing you can do is make people feel like poo poo. Sorry." Kon offers, not really sure how Lyra would take it. She could get real mad over it, some people were funny like that.

"Yeah, walked all the way away out of New York in case the bitch tries to set me on fire again." Konnie didn't really see the silver lining! "But, oh! Right. Listen." She gets in close with Flipper again. "Okay, so we got kicked out of New York by these spirit police guys. They kinda look out for power people like us and stop the dicks from setting people on fire too much. So since we were in danger they told us to get out and, like, while we're touring to look out for any other powered people." She points at Lyra to show that she was a power person too. "And to say hi and make friends and make connections and all that stuff. Be 'ambassadors'." And she does make the finger quotes. "So we should hang out or something. But. Have you tried to do other things with your power? Like train it? Because those spirit cops back in New York kinda do that sort of thing. You might be able to do a bunch more stuff you don't know about."

Konnie does a little spirit fingers. "~Amazing~" She repeats. "I get to show that off to, like, four people maybe? Don't think I'm going to get an act out of it. But I'm glad you like it." She smiles.

Those boring things were what Konnie thought were fun, but she was more interested on the enthusiasm stuff. "White water rafting, I'm sweet, totally my thing. Sounds great. Desert though? I don't deal with heat that great anymore. Unless you want to stick me in a bottle for the whole thing." She jokes back. "But you shouldn't live in your sister's happy-happy shadow just because it's easy. I don't know if you'll ever find something to do that way." Konnie was speaking from her own experience now. "If you don't have anything you know you wanna do, then maybe try putting yourself outside your comfort zone? I never really got serious about singing until I moved out and didn't have my family to help me out all the time. And look at how I am now. Some frog told me I had magic powers, I got set on fire, the band split in two, my girl-gently caress-friend-buddy whatever kicked me out, and I'm stuck in loving Philly. Life's a journey, adversity something something." Singer? Yes. Eloquent speaker? Not so much.

Robodog fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Sep 15, 2014

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Eliza

"Well, you know..." she leans in conspiratorially, "She is the band manager, so she has a wealth of experience handling us frivolous creative types." waving a hand to daintily include herself in the frivolity.

"Honestly, suave isn't a thing to her. If he gives the impression he can manage his own chaos, that she likes. Feel free to send him a secret cousin signal or something."

She reaches out to pat the girl's hand gently and friendly-like, "But I've said so much and you haven't told me anything about you, yet." she gives a shifty-eyes back and forth, but grins impishly, "You aren't a reporter, are you?"

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Jules reads the guy's surface thoughts like a book. His name is Liam O'hanlon, he works at an investment fund (in the back of his mind, he's wondering about the graph evaluations of various biotech stocks), and he drives a black Tesla. It's parked in a garage four blocks away. The ticket is in his wallet.

~

"If I was a reporter, the only thing I'd write about is your designs. But I'm not." Luna says, "And Paul isn't suave. He just tries to be. He doesn't really have chaos. I think he'll be Ok. I'm not so interesting. From Philly, then LA, then Philly again. What do you want to know?"

~

Lyra takes in everything Konnie says then jokes, "Ok. No desert. And sorry about your girlfriend." Then, more seriously, "Spirit Police? I wonder if there's something like that here. I haven't tried to train it. Not easy finding people to be test subjects. And it's never been something that we can turn on. It's not like a muscle. It's more like, you make this choice to turn it on, and then, it's on. Like, you drink a double espresso, and then ten minutes later you get the buzz."

"It's not exactly an easy thing," Lyra continues, "it doesn't feel like I'm in her shadow, but I can see how you'd see it that way. And I don't want to ditch her. I would put myself out of my comfort zone, but for what? Why?" She rubs her eyes with one hand, "sometimes I think I'm getting suckered by my own power. Maybe I should find some trainer."

xian fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 17, 2014

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Eliza

Eliza bites her lower lip slightly. Hopefully, she hasn't struck a barb in on that reporter joke or playfully teasing Luna's cousin.

"I was joking," she shift-shifts her hips a bit, "It's just that you're very good at getting people to open up is all," the imp says with an apologetic smile, "And I'm not a reporter either. I'm just curious," she tilts her head and shoulders, almost like an intrigued feline, and gives an earnest smile, "You seem neat! What kind of things do you like? Music, art, hobbies, what you like to do with yourself? Philly and L.A. aren't so bad. Trust me, there are much worse, far duller places to come from."

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sherry

"Doesn't some of that depend on what the buyer's getting out of it?" Sherry asks. "I've been to galleries before, but I'll be honest: I don't know much about art. I can recognize Picasso, or Mondrian, and I can tell you that Pollock's important but I can't tell you why. I can tell you I saw a grown man burst into tears the second he saw a couple of lines scribbled on a men's room stall divider."

"Maybe whoever bought the bottle remembers that the emperor's naked, and wanted in on the gag. Maybe they've created a story for themselves about the deep meaning of a mislabeled vase filled with stale air. Or maybe they haven't remembered that the emperor has no clothes, and they're afraid of looking as ignorant as everyone else is."

---
The fellow who broke down over the bathroom poetry is based on one of my old literary theory and criticism profs. His boyfriend wasn't impressed when he brought the big effin' wall home with him that night, or when he learned that the artist had been paid good money for it. :)

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Thanks." Girlfriend. Yeah right, like Konnie's even had a proper relationship since… high school? Jesus Christ. And he ended up being a real loving piece of poo poo. But what's a fifteen year old girl gonna do, not starting dating? And it's not like she ever had legions of groupies just begging her for a date or anything, she had to take what was there. Why do you think she started going out with girls? It wasn't for lack of trying with dudes, that's for drat sure. But it always ended up with 'you're a hassle' or 'I just wanted something easy' or 'I can't handle you' or 'I like girly girls' or 'you're a crazy bitch'. And that was before she got turned into a loving puddle. If Nat was her girlfriend then she would have got more a chance than 'oh you turn into water gently caress off freak'. This is what you get for sleeping with bandmates.

"Spirit police, super cops, whatever. People who're, like, two hundred and been keeping powers on the DL forever." Kon explains a bit more. "I could call them up if you'd like, but I don't know if they go outside of New York. Philly's big enough though, there has to be something here." Not having ever really left New York herself before, that was only a guess. I mean, Philly is a big city. Not like they were too far out in the boonies. "And if there isn't, I kinda have this spirit in my head who might be able to help." Only fair odds of drownings being involved there. "You might be able to switch it on and off like a light with some training, who knows. I still turn into mist some nights and wake up on the loving roof. These things we're stuck with are hard."

"Hey, I don't mean ditch her. Or that you're in her shadow or something. I have a sister too. Two of them. And three brothers. I love 'em all to bits." Konnie says, perhaps having sent a bit of a mixed message. "But you know what they do? ER nurse. International marketing. My little sister is going to get a drat scholarship into Harvard. And I'm a loving idiot." She grins a little. "If I was going along with them I'd be in a pretty lovely place right now. And I wouldn't have found out what I was going to do with myself. Am I making sense?" She actually does ask. "You don't like using your powers like how your sister does. And you find this whole sort of thing boring. I don't know. Like, if you want to find a different way to do poo poo so that you actually like it, sticking with how your sister does it might not be helping." Konnie hopes she is helping, because this was seriously taxing the 'be nice and help' centre of her brain. "Training might be the first step."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jules

With a thought, Jules passes the information he had just gleaned from Liam's mind over to Meg. "Got it," he says, in answer to her earlier queries. Easy as pie.

He turns his eyes on the woman that Konnie is talking with, and gives her a cursory telepathic scan as well, to see if she has any intention of harming Konnie or otherwise doing anything untoward!

"So," Jules asks Meg, "What's the plan?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

The meteorite-redhead makes a face. "Really?" she says, in response to only something she heard. "That douche so does not deserve that. Man, I almost feel about this," she says. Not that that'll stop her. "Plan? I'll be back in a couple minutes. You, hold this," she says, putting her beer in Jules' hand. There's a faint breeze and Meg's gone.

SWOOOSH! At full tilt, the zephyr moves through the party and out and down to the garage before Jules can decide weather or not to drink the rest of Meg's beer (she assumes he will!) It's easy to find one of those fancy Tesla things in the garage, parked in a primo spot looking all red and take me. Not that Meg can steal a whole car. Who needs a car in New York? Then again, they're in Philly, and that means gently caress New York.

IT takes her five seconds to find the utility closet and vibrate the knob off, swoop in and grab some tools and head back out. Hurricane Meg swoops around the roadster, going at it with a range of tools and taking apart every screw she can find.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

You could tell Jules wasn't getting any from Meg, poking around in other girls heads like that. What a piece of poo poo.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
"I'm sure there are." Luna says, "Art and music, I don't have good taste at all. Clothes? You be the judge. I'm not really a creator, more of a connector. What excites me more than the content of what somebody is doing is the enthusiasm they do it with. I love the performance. Your enthusiasm is right there for everyone to see. Or, like, Paul's stuff--you can see the performance exploding on the canvas. Or wood. I think they're wood planks. And you! I love them. I think that energy is infectious and I like sharing that feeling."

"Also, I go stir crazy at home, so I'm always out doing something, or checking something out. It sounds dumb but probably my favorite thing to find is when someone isn't good, and knows it, but keeps performing any way because it's what they want to do and they know they suck and they don't care."

~

"I'm not sure about the specifics but there's definitely a naked emperor going home with those bottles. No idea whether he thinks he's wearing clothes or not. I love Jackson Pollock, but you wouldn't know it at all from looking at my stuff." Paul jokes, "The guy was just wired differently. Saw everything a way that the rest of didn't and couldn't communicate it or deal. But wait, so what did the men's room divider say?"

~

"Whoa...yeah, no, I mean, call them? Now? I don't know. Two hundred years and they don't have a better name than spirit police?" Lyra jokes. "Might need another drink first."

She's silent for a moment, then speaks softer. "You're making sense. But it's different when you're twins. It's harder to say that space is the right thing. I've been in the same room as her for the overwhelming majority of my life. I don't like using my power like Luna does because it makes people feel like crap. If I had Luna's power I probably would walk around with it turned 'on.' What I want is to find out I can do something totally different. And that feels like a dumb thing to hope for because of training... training." She repeats the word, considering, "I wouldn't want to be my practice dummy."

~

Meg is in the parking garage, screwdriver in hand, walking toward the car with malicious intent around the same moment Jules first considers whether he should drink Meg's beer. She's dozens of screws in before the first suds of beer hit Jules' lips. She finishes about the time he heads to the bar for another drink, and admires her handy work for a few seconds after that. The car doesn't list to one side dramatically or fall apart. Meg knows that the Tesla is an extraordinarily well built and sturdy car. It's also a finely tuned precision driving machine, and she is pretty confident that missing dozens of screws will make it a lot less precise, well built, and sturdy.

xian fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 28, 2014

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Argh! That was the one course I couldn't find my notes for, and I'm certain I wrote it down on the first day. I'm half way tempted to e-mail my old prof and ask him. :P

Sherry

Sherry visibly concentrates as she wracks her brain for that message she saw, and is just as visibly frustrated as she shakes her head in defeat.

"I can't remember, sorry. I know I wanted to take a closer look, but I guess it didn't affect me the way it did him. Something about loneliness. Something short. Something like what you might expect a philosopher to write, sitting and thinking, isolated in a public place."

Something unlike what they've found scribbled on the walls of Pompeii, but anyway.

Sherry makes an odd face. "Speaking of philosophy, that was awfully maudlin for a dry night. Sorry about that. Anyway!" She gestures toward the vase, bracer sparkling.

"Who knows what the buyer's getting out of it? Make up your own story. It isn't going to hurt anyone."

"And..." she smiles. "I think that's what art is to me. Something you can't just get out of your head with conversation. Something that can stick around for a while so you can come back for another look."

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
"I feel the same way." Paul says, "Anything that sticks with you must be worth something. Like a movie you don't really enjoy watching, but can't stop thinking about after the fact. Or something that didn't make a huge impression on you at first, but, like you said, sticks with you. Can't think of anything worse than being forgettable."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"I guess Ghostbusters was already taken. And why not? It's their loving job, least they can do is give you a name." Always a woman prepared, Konnie whips out her second bottle of vodka. "Got you covered." She offers, roughly tearing off the cap and willing a decent mouthful of it into her mouth. She was far too sober for all this.

Not having a twin, Konnie sorta had to just accept it. "So you two stay together and keep on with the dolphin thing, that can work too." She says, in light of the new information. "I get it. It's going to suck for whoever absorbs your power and helps you learn from the experience. But you still want to practise, right?" Konnie puts on her thinking face, trying to figure this all out. "Well, okay. You go with you sister to these boring things so she can make everybody happy and buy all the art, or what have you." She then points a finger out at Lyra again. "So then you have Luna go with you to secret powered peoples school so that after you do your training thing and make some guys super bummed out, she can cheer them right back up again."

Beaming, Konnie outs her hands out like 'ta-da'. "Perfect, right?"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jules

Jules raises his next glass in Liam's direction, and replaces Meg's beer with another as well. Mmm-mmm! There's nothing more fulfilling than a good, cold beer. Particularly one that tastes like revenge. Best served cold indeed.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

SWOOSH!

"Hey!" Meg declares. "This isn't my beer," she says, reaching over to take the drink from Jules. There's a clank when her hand still has a screwdriver in it. "Oh, crap," she says, and gingerly puts it down. "Kay," she says. "Karmic justice dealt," she says, taking a long drink and then passing it back to Jules. "Let's go bug Konnie. Or Sherry, but I haven't known her long enough to mess with her game."

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
"Makes sense I guess." Lyra smiles, taking the bottle of vodka, "Yeah, I do want to. At least, go up to New York for a couple days and get... a consultation."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

Wow. She actually did it. She actually went and did the thing they were meant to do! Take that Liana, you stuck up pouting bitch! Eat poo poo Sisay, try laughing 'bout the Froggers never going to help anybody now! gently caress yeah! Konnie 1, Dickheads Back In New York 0. Boy, if only she could see their faces when Lyra and Luna rock up looking to help use their powers and tell them it's all thinks to Konnie.

"Course it makes sense, Flipper. I'm a pro." Konnie, not at all conceited, smirks. Taking a single finger, she pokes the bottle of vodka now in Lyra's hand. A soft frost forms across the bottle, and a tiny puff of fog starts to roll off the top. "S'better frozen." She assures the dolphin. "You should be! Only way to get a handle on your stuff is to use it." Kon says with misplaced authority on the subject. "Yeah, Liana and Sisay'll sort you out. They kinda have stuff going on, but they're great at that stuff…" Konnie trails off a bit, patting herself down. "Coulda sworn I had 'em." She mumbles, holding a finger up to Lyra. "One sec."

Konnie turns around, and thankfully Meg and Jules were loitering around for some reason. "Jules!" Konnie reaches out, yanking him away and spinning him around to face her. "Dude. Need one of those little phone number card thingies Sisay gave us before we left. You got'em right?"

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Lyra admires her newly frosty bottle, "So I won't take you to the desert, but I will take you drinking."

xian fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 1, 2014

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

If there was one thing to grab Konnie's attention, it was drinking. "Take me drinking? Here? If there's even one bar worth a drat in Philly I'll buy the drinks."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

"I'M IN!" Meg declares. Where did she come from? The blink of an eye, the drop of a notion? No matter what it was it brought Meg zipping to Konnie's side. "JULES!" Meg calls. "We're going to a real bar and Konnie's buying!" She looks at Lyra, seeming to size her up for a moment and then offers a big wide smile and her hand. "Meg," she says. "What up?"

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sherry

"So there's some 'reason' for art right there. Or stories. Or leaving a big mark on history."

Sherry's eye twitches as Meg cries out elsewhere in the room.

"Or having kids, some people say. Totally unrelated, I should go make sure my friends aren't going to get us kicked out of the city."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jules

Meg has somehow managed to comment on her drink, take her drink, pass it back to him and then get halfway across the room before Jules takes a full breath. "Works for me!" he calls over to Meg.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Jules. Little phone number card thingies. Give'em up."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jules

"Huh? Why?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Because I'm actually doing our job here, you god drat freeloader."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jules

"Hey, last time we had this discussion you said it was my job to load the van. I'm not sure what job this is."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"That's because you were staring at Meg's tits the whole time Liana and Sisay were explaining it to us before we left town. Just give me the drat cards."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jules

Jules shrugs. "Can't prove that," he says, and passes over the cards.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Are you serious?" Kon laughs, taking the cards. "You can't take your eyes off those things." She takes a wide step around and bonks her head in right up against Jules'. "Look." She draws a line with her fingers from their eyes over to Meg. "Staring right at her chest. In the middle of a fancy rear end art gallery. loving perv." She tsk tsk tsks, twirling back around and walking to Lyra.

"Seriously." Konnie rolls her eyes for a moment. "The second somebody says they're buying drinks, you're there. Freeloaders, the lotta ya." Scribbling something on the top card, Kon turns her attention from Meg to Lyra. "Okay Flipper, here's the card. That's Sisay's number for when you're ready to make the call." She shows her the front side of the card, a standard white number with a cell phone number on it, and a scribbled in 'Sisay' above it. "And here's mine." Kon flicks the card around. It has 'Konnie' written on it. Then underneath that 'water girl'. Then underneath that her cell phone number. "In case you need help with it, or anything."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

"Oh c'mon everybody's been staring since the space thingy Kon, even you and I'll have you know Jules spends just as much time on my butt!" Meg protests. Meg looks back at their new friend. "Don't worry," she says, "Kon and I go way back." She edges closer to Lyra and smiles, genuinely, "Welcome to the club," she adds.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Since the space thingy?" Konnie repeats, turning her head Megways. "The space thingy didn't make 'em any bigger, Meg."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

"You totally don't get how super powers work, do you?" Meg asks, rolling her eyes. "Oh, hey, new friend," she says to Lyra, "You wanna join us? We're gonna find the seediest bar in Philly and rip the place up. Maybe literally. Still haven't decided on that."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"Sure, that's totally it." Kon deadpans and sighs. Meg hadn't figured out that a push-up bra wasn't a super power yet. Maybe one day.

"No, Meg, Lyra said…" For a moment Konnie thinks about correcting her, but then she remembers this is Meg. "Ah gently caress it. Sure, whatever."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Meg

"Why would you not want her to come?" Meg asks Konnie. "I mean, only if you wanna," she adds to Lyra. "We'll probably swing back through towards the end of the tour. Unless we come back from the North. Don't think we've figured that out yet. I mean who can miss playing Schenectady?" she asks with a groan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Konnie

"If anybody's going to come, it's Lyra, since it was her idea to start with." Konnie explains very slowly and very clearly to Meg so she could undersand the situation.

"gently caress no, we're not playing upstate."

• Locked thread