Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:
As they are saying on Nascar.com, 'helloooo Hornish'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Gonna freeze my rear end off at midvale tonight :getin:

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Gonna freeze my rear end off at midvale tonight :getin:

Hey, one of those trailers or trucks in the trailer race is bound to catch fire so you'll warm up a bit (wish i could go but have other plans). Also goonmeet needs to happen there next year, maybe we can pool money and sponsor a night of racing.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I can see it now:

Does your house have stairs?
- No, it has wheels...

But I agree its a good place for a goon meet. Good racing, decent prices, and enough meth for Peanut President to feel at home.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey maffew buildings, Daniel Suarez is running the 29 in today's Nationwide race.

e- Looks like Ron Hornaday found a lifeboat in the form of his former team:

quote:

Ron Hornaday ‏@RonHornaday 56s
It is so cool to have the support from #Rheem n @TeamNTS for believing in me n giving me this opportunity to get back to the track Thankyou

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 13, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Gaaaaaaughn

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
drat, Brendan. :stare:

Edit: EXPLOSIONS

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Mischief- Did you mean to pick Jr in the Fantasy game both out of a group AND as the last place finisher?

DORIFTUUUUUUUUUU

And Kaboom.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
drat, that was an interesting series of events :stare:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Mischief- Did you mean to pick Jr in the Fantasy game both out of a group AND as the last place finisher?

I don't read too good.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey maffew buildings, Daniel Suarez is running the 29 in today's Nationwide race.

He's been running a pretty good race, hopefully he can pick up a few spots and get a top 15 finish. Too bad he's dropped those spots from 12 down to near 20 but he's a young driver and doing pretty darn good and can make some moves these last laps.

Also, gently caress Kyle Busch

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Who's ready for RageKyle after the race?

e- "But you're not gonna get to see it because we have to take you straight to Tuscaloosa so you can watch Alabama bitchslap East Central Mississippi Integrated Clown College!"

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 13, 2014

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Thank you for reminding us how exciting this Chase will be, announce team. I agree, this is going to be exciting and not at all retarded.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"Kinda cool that they make you start at the back because you did a NASCAR obligation and couldn't practice or qualify the Truck."

I kinda see where he's coming from, but :fuckoff:.

Trucks on FS2 shortly.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Did they say "Chicagoland country artist?" :laffo:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kyle Busch with his mandatory Too Fast Exiting of the night.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

"Kinda cool that they make you start at the back because you did a NASCAR obligation and couldn't practice or qualify the Truck."

I kinda see where he's coming from, but :fuckoff:.

Trucks on FS2 shortly.

Fantastic, it's on a station which is surely not made up and I get. Did Kyle Busch have a meltdown or anything?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

He won.

mischief posted:

I don't read too good.

Who do you want for the tiebreaker? I'll change it.

Also, the Pick 4 game closes tomorrow when the engines fire. Get in if you're not already. Info's in the second post. Nobody's picked Carl in Group 2 yet.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Goddammit. That dude loving loves racing gotta give it up to him for that, but I hope he bombs out of the Chase super bad.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I mentioned around Daytona that Jeff Gordon has a VIP experience where, for $600, you can go hang out with him at his motorcoach on a race weekend. At the time I, as one of the resident Gordon fans, said :lol: to that.

http://tickets.musiconelive.com/orderticketsarea.asp?p=4727&a=5300

But drat if they didn't have 16 people do it this weekend at Chicagoland.

To put it in perspective, Jeff Gordon, as 600 god drat dollars a head, made $9,600 hanging out with fans for a couple hours. :psyduck:

I mean it's a cool offer, but drat.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

CBJSprague24 posted:

I mentioned around Daytona that Jeff Gordon has a VIP experience where, for $600, you can go hang out with him at his motorcoach on a race weekend. At the time I, as one of the resident Gordon fans, said :lol: to that.

http://tickets.musiconelive.com/orderticketsarea.asp?p=4727&a=5300

But drat if they didn't have 16 people do it this weekend at Chicagoland.

To put it in perspective, Jeff Gordon, as 600 god drat dollars a head, made $9,600 hanging out with fans for a couple hours. :psyduck:

I mean it's a cool offer, but drat.

I think paying for a trip to Charlotte and see if I can get a chance encounter with Jeff Gordon be a better worth than $600 for a few hours. C'mon Jeff, you got like 20 million bucks in 97 and 98 alone, I think you can pony up some cash to put your kids through school or racing lol.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

BMB5150 posted:

I think paying for a trip to Charlotte and see if I can get a chance encounter with Jeff Gordon be a better worth than $600 for a few hours. C'mon Jeff, you got like 20 million bucks in 97 and 98 alone, I think you can pony up some cash to put your kids through school or racing lol.

http://www.drivepetty.com/experiences

I mean if you're a NASCAR/Auto Racing fan, wouldn't this be a far better use of money? I'd much rather do that honestly.

e: SRA Would you ever seriously consider doing ride-a-longs for fans? How does that work out? You get paid big bucks for it? I recall Kyle Busch gave my dad a ride-a-long at Vegas before he hit the big time and was just known as Kurt's brother.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 14, 2014

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Who do you want for the tiebreaker? I'll change it.

Give me the 31 if you'd be so kind.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Rooting for none of the chase drivers to win a single race and Danica to win the next 10.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Waltzing Along posted:

Rooting for none of the chase drivers to win a single race and Danica to win the next 10.

Better idea: root for Junior and Gordon to be taken out in the first round, and then watch as the ratings plummet.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://www.drivepetty.com/experiences

I mean if you're a NASCAR/Auto Racing fan, wouldn't this be a far better use of money? I'd much rather do that honestly.

e: SRA Would you ever seriously consider doing ride-a-longs for fans? How does that work out? You get paid big bucks for it? I recall Kyle Busch gave my dad a ride-a-long at Vegas before he hit the big time and was just known as Kurt's brother.

poo poo yeah I'd do it. Probably wouldn't get paid much if at all except by fans themselves, but it's worth it just to listen to them start screaming at half throttle

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

poo poo yeah I'd do it. Probably wouldn't get paid much if at all except by fans themselves, but it's worth it just to listen to them start screaming at half throttle

That or we all plan a trip to Charlotte, convince Lowtax to use that ban money to give us ride arounds with you. We can bring Lowtax along just to see him scream and give him something in return.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cubey posted:

Better idea: root for Junior and Gordon to be taken out in the first round, and then watch as the ratings plummet.

I'm hoping for riots in the streets of some small towns if Junior doesn't win the title but would've under any previous system.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm hoping for riots in the streets of some small towns if Junior doesn't win the title but would've under any previous system.

He gets knocked out in round 1 and then dominates the rest of the chase while not being in contention.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I just thought of something, gang.

Pit strategy may determine the championship.

What if there's a late caution at Homestead and there's a late round of stops? One finalist stays out. One finalist take no tires for track position. Another takes rights only. The other takes four but, because of the varying strategies, has to restart 19th with 15 to go. The guy who stays out runs out coming to the white, the guy on four can't get higher than 10th, the guy on two gets to 4th, but can't get around the dude who stayed out on no tires, who's your champ.

Some of you think fuel mileage racing is bad? Most of us think a one-race race to the death is awful? The 36-race season may come down to a pit stop. :shepicide:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

See now you're thinking. Except you should want this, or any other number of stupid things, to actually happen. The Chase is dumb as poo poo, we should all root for it to end in the dumbest way possible. Otherwise you're NASCAR-ing wrong.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Trailer race was as good as advertised. Campers and boats make for good shrapnel/targets on-track, and utility trailers make for good ramps to wreck other competitors.

They had some decent latemodel racing, a good modified feature, a superb street stock (5 lead changes in the last 5 laps, with a clean ending) feature, and the most entertaining 4-cyl truck feature with 6 vehicles in it.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

RYAN NEWMAN, YOUR TIME IS NOW

Where is everyone in IRC? It's time to Boogity Boogity Boogity! This Chase is retarded I'm rooting for every thing that can go wrong to go wrong. May the most hilarious outcome occur

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

You know who else had elimination stages, NASCAR?

The Nazis.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cubey posted:

See now you're thinking. Except you should want this, or any other number of stupid things, to actually happen. The Chase is dumb as poo poo, we should all root for it to end in the dumbest way possible. Otherwise you're NASCAR-ing wrong.

It's not going to end, is the thing.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:
The only good thing about this chase is the slim chance for all Hendrick cars to be out of title contention 3 weeks from now.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah, that'll clear the way for the likable NASCAR teams, such as

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Yeah, that'll clear the way for the likable NASCAR teams, such as

JTG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU