Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Well that's 12 total and that makes no sense whatsoever. I'm done with this. Imagine me tearing up a notebook.

It makes sense if you consider that two people are dead. We could have lost two candies that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
One of these days we'll play a game where you don't call me newbie scum.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

apostateCourier posted:

It makes sense if you consider that two people are dead. We could have lost two candies that way.

token still has her candy despite being dead in the previous tally but lets stop talking candy and start playing mafia.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Puntification posted:

One of these days we'll play a game where you don't call me newbie scum.

I don't remember the last time I did this. What game was it?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Ernie. posted:

I don't remember the last time I did this. What game was it?

Pushing daisies I think, we were both town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ernie, the best argument I can make for me not being scum is that I'm not going to try to catch up until tomorrow.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Ernie, the best argument I can make for me not being scum is that I'm not going to try to catch up until tomorrow.

will you at least answer my question about the survivor claim?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I modded Punt's first scum game. He was really good, he's not going to make newbie mistakes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Puntification posted:

will you at least answer my question about the survivor claim?

Yes I was serious.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Little Mac, will you post a final candy tally when day ends?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Kill 100Yrs.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Yes I was serious.

Seems like this is significantly different from a normal C9++ game, if survivor is actually a role that can pop up. I was honestly about to slam a vote down based on an impossible claim but then I saw the words "based on."

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Actually, y'know what, yeah I'm going to do this. ##vote somber you done goofed.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Lynch AC. Please.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
AC you are practically falling over yourself to put down an easy vote on someone based entirely on day one setup speculation.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie. posted:

Either way, there's too much noise about a mechanic that won't really tell us anything until our first flip, and not enough talking about our first flip.

Uranus is still a bad guy. If he's not bad guy then Puntification is but not because of anything Punti did/said to Uranus.

Puntification posted:

token still has her candy despite being dead in the previous tally but lets stop talking candy and start playing mafia.

These are great ideas. I initially thought candy'd be a good way to actually avoid joke posting but turns out we're just talking circles.

My vote on Rarity is a bit whatever that acronym is, but I didn't care for their early game, their move off dragon, and the increased focus on candy chat. Only thing they've got right is how town should be pro-candy/protective of it. We're 100% in agreement on that matter.

AC's vote on Krell is some weird tunneling. His recent vote on Somber is stupid. There's no reason why we should waste our only tool on a survivor, at least not this early in the game. If anything Ernie should just vig him, sure doesn't seem like he'd have a problem doing that, but that's still a waste of killing.

Merk's an arrogant butt but he's probably town.

I'm finding Uranus' posting more pointless than usual. I feel like that's what happens when he's scum but I remember anymore. The only worthwhile thing I feel he's done is his giving Ernie candy, which could at least confirm him. Uranus have you ever given more reason as to why you shot token female, besides the fact she felt it'd be better to think about the vig shot over using it immediately?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
you know the answer to that question 100yrs so why dont you just say it instead of passively trying to make me look scum in a roundabout way.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

uranus posted:

you know the answer to that question 100yrs so why dont you just say it instead of passively trying to make me look scum in a roundabout way.

Because I'm terribly passive-aggressive and it's a really bad personality trait that I should work on.

But no you haven't. Will you give more reason? Can you? Or was that it?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
it was gut based on her not wanting anyone to have a vig, yes

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

AC you are practically falling over yourself to put down an easy vote on someone based entirely on day one setup speculation.

It's more than I usually have to work with on day one. Survivor isn't on the list of possible roles, therefore you're scum. I straight up asked the mod for confirmation that it's a C9++ game, and he sent me a link to the post in which he posted the link for claims. Somber, you did a stupid thing in not looking up what a C9++ setup entails and are trying to save face, I do not believe that you are a survivor.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
nice catch

##vote sober bro

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Yes I was serious.

Oh, I didn't see this. Ernie, you need to kill this person immediately.

##vote somber

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

merk posted:

Oh, I didn't see this. Ernie, you need to kill this person immediately.

##vote somber

If ernie's willing to vig him why vote him as well?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Because I don't know whether he's willing to vig him.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Hey ernie, are you willing to vig somb?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's me... The scum who didn't pay attention! ! !

For real though the scum team is ac/100/uranus.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

It's me... The scum who didn't pay attention! ! !

For real though the scum team is ac/100/uranus.

scum psychology tells me that one of these 3 is an actual scumbro

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Actually all three of you are going to flip scum.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
##vote Somberbrero

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just looked up C9++. That is one convoluted as hell way of setting up a mafia :stare:

No survivors though. I'm ending the day to limit potential town casualties. ##vote Somberbrero

:redhammer:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mayor Mac stands behind a podium on a large wooden stage. Somberbrero is led onto the stage by a large man in a black hood and he's tied to a wooden stake.

"Halloween has been GHASTLY so far, fiends and loved ones!" he laughs. "I hope, however, that on THIS Mischief Night you all know well enough to leave people alone. No killing, eh, mafia- er, people?" The Mayor twitches nervously.

"Enough about murder, though," he continues, turning towards Somber. "It's time for our annual Halloween celebration! As the sun goes down and the creatures of our Great Lord Satan rise from the bowels of his infernal pain dimension, we desire the one true Pumpkin King to come to our aid!" The Mayor places a pumpkin over Somber's head as villagers with lit torches advance on the wooden stake. Slowly they tiptoe, the wind blowing their flames to and fro. Finally, they light Somber on fire and he dies screaming, his voice muffled by the Jack O'Lantern that burns around him.

Somberbrero, Vanilla Town, was lynched Day 1.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to submit your night actions, but the earlier the better!

Final Candy Tally
1. merk 0
3. uranus 0
4. 100YrsofAttitude 1
5. apostateCourier 0
6. Dragonatrix 2
7. Byers2142 2
8. Puntification 1
9. Rarity 2
12. Ernie. 1
13. Harold Krell 2

Tomorrow's Holiday
Doe Day

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The sun rose on the tiny shire as Mayor Mac took the stage once again. Finally he was ready to talk to his fellow man.

"Ahem," he coughed into the mic, "so Halloween might've been, er, ill-advised. Turns out candy somehow directly translates into murders, go figure. Anywho, there seems to have been one more murder last night. The poor girl never stood a chance. We found her dumped in the town square this morning. I regret to inform you that

"Rarity, One-Shot Night-Vigilante Town, was killed Night 1.

"Onto more pressing matters, like our next celebration! Today is Doe Day, in honor a wonderful man I once read about. I've heard many stories of this remarkable fellow, Mr. Doe, whose true identity always seemed shrouded in mystery. So to honor Mr. John Doe, The lynched player's role and/or alignment will NOT be revealed to the town, however the person who last votes for the lynchee will flip instead (though they'll still live). Please be aware that we are not rambunctious rabble rousers and will not go through the belongings of the deceased to find their true identity! We RESPECT the need for privacy, even into that great beyond!"

With that, the Mayor tipped his hat and let loose a smoke bomb. When the smoke cleared, he was gone.

Today's Holiday Choices
Lexicon Day
Elliot Moore Day
Harold Krell's Birthday

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (9): 100YrsofAttitude, apostateCourier, Byers2142, Dragonatrix, Ernie., Harold Krell, merk, Puntification, uranus

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 19th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 19 hours.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:ghost:

Again? :sigh:

:ghost:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Little Mac posted:

Somberbrero, Vanilla Town, was lynched Day 1.

gently caress you Somber, don't loving lie next time.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm finding Uranus' posting more pointless than usual. I feel like that's what happens when he's scum but I remember anymore. The only worthwhile thing I feel he's done is his giving Ernie candy, which could at least confirm him. Uranus have you ever given more reason as to why you shot token female, besides the fact she felt it'd be better to think about the vig shot over using it immediately?

uranus posted:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Because I'm terribly passive-aggressive and it's a really bad personality trait that I should work on.

But no you haven't. Will you give more reason? Can you? Or was that it?

This stands out to me when reading over what I missed during the weekend. 100yrs is definitely setting a trap for spacebutt, and doing so in a scummy way. spacebutt was right to call it out like he did, and 100yrs response is one of caught scum. He knew what he'd done, he knew spacebutt had called him on it publicly, so he tried to play it off as a personality flaw.

It made me look at his history and specifically his exchange with merk, where he tried to cast merk as looking to be confirmed town rather than scum hunting. merk's right, there's no way a town player looks at someone being confirmed as town as a bad thing. That's scum seeing something they don't want to have happen, happen.

##vote 100yrs

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Let's talk set-up for a moment. Since this a C9++, tracking possible set-ups actually makes sense, and we have a few flips to work with at this point.

There's seven randomizing numbers to set up a C9++, and Rarity's flip tells us that one of those has to be a V. I was roleblocked last night, so either it was a town roleblock or scum. In either case, we know that there is a three-scum team. If we do not lynch scum today, tomorrow is LYLO. And because of the holiday, we will not get a flip, so we have to act like tomorrow's LYLO regardless.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Let's talk set-up for a moment. Since this a C9++, tracking possible set-ups actually makes sense, and we have a few flips to work with at this point.

There's seven randomizing numbers to set up a C9++, and Rarity's flip tells us that one of those has to be a V. I was roleblocked last night, so either it was a town roleblock or scum. In either case, we know that there is a three-scum team. If we do not lynch scum today, tomorrow is LYLO. And because of the holiday, we will not get a flip, so we have to act like tomorrow's LYLO regardless.

How is it certain that there's a 3 scum team? There's at least one V, and at least one of whatever you are, unless your role requires two of a letter in which case you would be correct.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

How is it certain that there's a 3 scum team? There's at least one V, and at least one of whatever you are, unless your role requires two of a letter in which case you would be correct.

Oh, I'm dumb. The presence of a roleblocker guarantees a 3-scum team by virtue of the number of letters required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Their interactions with merk and uranus are pretty bad, also their accusation of rarity bussing dragonatrix for her refusal to vote a newbie was a bit suspect too, it felt like they got overexcited at the opportunity to call out bussing and implicate two players of being scum when there was nothing wrong with the climbdown from rarity.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I know that. But it's the way you switched off. Seems like a convenient excuse for a gentle bus.

The logic 100yrs uses to call people town really doesn't make sense to me as well, feels false:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Bold is mine. It's a pretty lenient word, he just wants to make sure you don't get too ahead of yourself. He doesn't seem himself as completely stopping you, just momentarily. I don't know that sort of subliminal admittance of his own weakness seems ok enough for me.
A lack of self-confidence is a town tell? I really don't understand this, it seems contrived, like they decided they were gonna give Krell a town call and had to invent a reason because nothing in his posting supported that. Which may suggest scum buddies?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I get what you're saying here. Very good pro-town reasons why they'd be keeping candy Punt.
Cheerleading rarity's candy giving is suspect position, I think stuff like candy giving are situations where the scum consider more carefully what their behaviour says about their alignment and we can expect them potentially to act more conservatively, it's interesting that 100yrs feels the need to tell me there are good pro-town reasons to keep candy it seems defensive to me because of this...

Their initial position is quite different:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

BN has some empty jokey posts, but he did give you candy and giving for me feels inherently town. I don't see why scum would want to be passing around day kills. They may have a less of a chance of getting shot but they each need member alive more than we do. So not BN.

So giving is town but...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I haven't given anyone candy.
Scumslip?
So yeah I think ##vote 100yrs is our best option.

• Locked thread