Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
just got round to applying ILSpy to the beta

the CharacterStats class has 4,500 lines with 7 levels of indentation

e: to be fair some of that will be due to compiler optimiziations (i hope). a lot isn't though, unless the C# compiler is way better than i think it is

coffeetable fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Sep 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

For the people who never took higher mathematics at school (me) it'd be a lot easier if there were more diagrams and graphs posted in this thread.

PoE Statistical Mechanics:

Effect of Attributes per point
  • Might: +2% Damage and Healing
  • Constitution: +2% Stamina and Health
  • Dexterity: +1 Accuracy
  • Perception: +3% Interrupt
  • Intellect: +5% Ability Duration and Area of Effect
  • Resolve: +3% Concentration
Derived Attributes (Not properly calculated in the Beta at the moment)
  • Stamina and Health: Based on Class, Multipled by Constitution
  • Accuracy: Based on Class, Increased by Dexterity
  • Deflection: Based on Class
  • Fortitude: (Might + Constitution)*1.5
  • Reflex: (Dexterity + Perception)*1.5
  • Will: (Intellect + Resolve)*1.5
On Level Up
  • Stamina and Health: Increase based on Class
  • Accuracy: +3
  • Deflection: +3
  • Fortitude: +3
  • Reflex: +3
  • Will: +3

I can't really add much to this discussion on statistics but looking at Dexterity it needs to do more, as while gives a slight edge in accuracy, it feels really boring.

The problem with choosing Perception and Resolve at character creation for the newcomer is that it's hard to gauge how effective or game-changing investing in this Attribute is going to be. You can see the effects of Might, Constitution and Dexterity in the character screen while you can grasp what Intellect does in the field, but it's hard to tell how important +21% Interrupt or Concentration is as there's no context. You don't see what stats it exists in relation to.

Looking back, Perception wasn't terribly useful in New Vegas. EDE had a perk which gave you 10 Perception for all intents and purposes and most people only invested in the attribute to get the Better Criticals perk, which is probably bad design. Pillars has it better as Attributes, Skills and Talents don't have any interplay regarding requirements, lessening the need to meta-game.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 14, 2014

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A MASSIVE ARTISTIC SHITLORD ABOUT VIDEO GAMES.

I AM A TREMENDOUS FIRETRUCK AND MY BURGERS ARE OUT OF CONTROL

:spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin:
Here's our first (not current) proposal

Might: Damage and Healing
Con: Endurance and Health
Dex: IAS (Increased Action Speed)
Per: Accuracy and Interrupt
Int: AoEs and Durations
Res: Deflection and Concentration

That should be easier to understand as its two offensive: Might and Per, Two defensive: Con and Res and two Universal: Int and Dex

My new proposal will keep the elegance and symmetry of that while removing interrupt, balancing Accuracy against Might, Dexterity against Intellect and Resolve against Concentration. My theory for the first set was on the money, so let's see if the math supports my theory again.

FTR: Josh's revised version

Per: Accuracy
Int: Deflection and AoE
Res: Duration and Concentration

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Sensuki posted:

Here's our first (not current) proposal

Per: Accuracy and Interrupt
Int: AoEs and Durations
Res: Deflection and Concentration

That should be easier to understand as its two offensive: Might and Per, Two defensive: Con and Res and two Universal: Int and Dex

My new proposal will keep the elegance and symmetry of that while removing interrupt, balancing Accuracy against Might, Dexterity against Intellect and Resolve against Concentration. My theory for the first set was on the money, so let's see if the math supports my theory again.

FTR: Josh's revised version

Per: Accuracy
Int: Deflection and AoE
Res: Duration and Concentration

Oddly enough that does seem to fit the names of the statistics a bit better. This has probably already been discussed but IAS might be problematic to balance.

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

:spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin:
Nah it's not because of DT. Attack Speed is horrible against armor. As stated in the paper, against armored enemies, any increase in IAS contributes the same percentage to effective DT as you are opposing it every time you attack. Balancing IAS against Intellect shouldn't be too difficult if we use a similar method to our "buff seconds" exercise in the paper.

This same problem (IAS vs DT) is affecting the weapon balance at the moment as well.

My main problem with Josh's one is Deflection and AoE, I don't think that works, but Durations and Concentration are both good together.

Sensuki fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 14, 2014

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

You don't think AoE and Deflection are good because it makes it too powerful or they don't seem like a natural fit or...?

To me, Int sounds fine, and even makes some sense if you played a character with Expertise in DnD 3e before or used your intelligence modifier for AC in 4th edition.

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

I think AoE is fairly trivial because it can be accounted for most of the time by positioning and proper placement and timing of spells. The area difference of a Fireball at 3 Int and 18 Int, while being about double the area isn't actually that big, most of the time that will not matter too much, even with a mouse wheel scaling AoE size, or foe only AoE increases.

So on the majority of casters if I am going to be a backline caster, I don't care about Deflection really - I would if I wanted to play more forward and aggressive *maybe*. Durations and Concentration together is a superior choice IMO. It also only makes a "difficult choice" note the inverted commas, for support casters. DPS and Tank classes would have a clear best attribute - Might for DPS, Con for tanks. Our Resolve is actually pretty equal with Constitution but separating Deflection and Concentration makes the Deflection attribute weaker in terms of survivability IMO. This is magnified by the fact that PE is currently tuned so that unit Accuracy is higher than Deflection most of the time, or very close and this is the realm where Constitution is only slightly worse than Deflection for survivability or much, much better.

verybad
Apr 23, 2010

Now with 100% less DoTA crotchshots

Sensuki posted:

Nah it's not because of DT. Attack Speed is horrible against armor. As stated in the paper, against armored enemies, any increase in IAS contributes the same percentage to effective DT as you are opposing it every time you attack. Balancing IAS against Intellect shouldn't be too difficult if we use a similar method to our "buff seconds" exercise in the paper.

This same problem (IAS vs DT) is affecting the weapon balance at the moment as well.

My main problem with Josh's one is Deflection and AoE, I don't think that works, but Durations and Concentration are both good together.

I haven't seen you talk about this, but IAS isn't just a simple % boost to DPS. High IAS means you're less likely to be interrupted by the enemy and more likely to interrupt them since your action resolves before theirs does & the window of opportunity to interrupt your action is shorter. There's also a lot to be said for getting the first strike in an encounter: if you do enough damage with it, the enemy may never get their chance to react. You used a Dota analogy earlier here, so here's one for you: which spell would you rather have for ganking weaver, Venge's magic missile or Rubick's lift?

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

Unlike DotA the animation speed is not increased with IAS until Recovery time is zero. So it would not help at getting the first strike in, but the second - sure. We didn't do any math relating IAS impact on Interrupts but sure it does theoretically give you more of a chance to score them and less chance to receive them.

For raw DPS though, Might is always better. Interrupts don't give you DPS. However there may be situations where high IAS and high Concentration prevent more DPS loss than Might grants, but at a guess I would say that in the long term Might would always be better.

verybad
Apr 23, 2010

Now with 100% less DoTA crotchshots
Oh, I had misunderstood your design then, I thought you intended for IAS to affect the front swing as well. That actually takes care of one the problems I had with the idea, which is that if such a system would be applied to enemies, it would make it exceedingly difficult to judge how fast an enemy can execute a powerful attack or a spell.

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

You can thank rope kid for that actually. As well as making the frontswing cancellable, but not the backswing ;)

But RMB cancel is not working atm like it was in v257bb :colbert:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So uh... how about that fantasy adventure game, huh? I look forward to playing Man With A Sword, and perhaps hitting things with that sword!

I know the details of the plot have been kept quiet to maximize how fresh the game is on release, but I'm starting to think maybe the game could use a little more marketing in the "meet the setting" kind of way, or a little more teasing about what the game's supposed to be about. So many names and so much text got thrown around in the demo even just in character creation that I found it hard to grapple on to just who was who.

Is our character just some wandering adventurer? Is there some kind of big war or cataclysm going on? I saw some talk in the game about kids being born without souls, is that a local problem or is that The Big Problem? Basically what's the pitch about the game here to get excited about besides it being an Obsidian game so it's probably a good bet?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Sensuki posted:

That's a good point. I don't think Monks have an AoE
A lot of their abilities are broken/garbo right now, but Torment's Reach and Rooting Pain are both AoEs.

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

Ah okay. The description doesn't mention that Torment's Reach is an AoE, just that it increases their range. What level is Rooting Pain supposed to be ?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Yeah Torment's Reach has a confusing description and had a weird implementation. It's a cone AoE now. I can't remember what level Rooting Pain is. Somewhere in the mid-levels. It goes off automatically when the monk takes a Wound and causes a very short duration foe-only Stun to hit everyone around.

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

Torment's Reach sounds much better. Have you swapped Rooting Pain in recently? I think it's higher than level 8 in the current build.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Dolash posted:

So uh... how about that fantasy adventure game, huh? I look forward to playing Man With A Sword, and perhaps hitting things with that sword!

I know the details of the plot have been kept quiet to maximize how fresh the game is on release, but I'm starting to think maybe the game could use a little more marketing in the "meet the setting" kind of way, or a little more teasing about what the game's supposed to be about. So many names and so much text got thrown around in the demo even just in character creation that I found it hard to grapple on to just who was who.

Is our character just some wandering adventurer? Is there some kind of big war or cataclysm going on? I saw some talk in the game about kids being born without souls, is that a local problem or is that The Big Problem? Basically what's the pitch about the game here to get excited about besides it being an Obsidian game so it's probably a good bet?

As someone who backed the project just a few weeks ago, basically just on the developer's reputations, what I'm gathering from the last few pages of this thread is that it's like Eve Online, but in a fantasy kingdom. Spreadsheets in Shannara! The Dark Lord, on his Dark Graph . . . I kid, I kid.

Sea Otter
Oct 9, 2012
Currently, my personal opinion about rope kid's newly devised one is that, incentive-wise, I have mixed feeling when I'm taking INT (Deflection + AoE). As Sensuki posted, for something like Barbarian [Edit]I guess I missed some earlier discussion-now it seems to be the other relatively high-maintenance front-liners such as Paladins and Monks[/Edit], probably, it's quite attractive but, for Fighter or non-front-liners, I'd rather like either bonus than the both. Sensuki+Matt version has this "elegant" thematic division of Offense/Defense/Utility bonuses, which makes the players feel easier to pick abilities depending their preferences although, as rope kid pointed out, that makes INT too easy choice for caster classes.

Sea Otter fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 14, 2014

Ladolcevita
Dec 1, 2013

Sea Otter posted:

Currently, my personal opinion about rope kid's newly devised one is that, incentive-wise, I have mixed feeling when I'm taking INT (Deflection + AoE). As Sensuki posted, for something like Barbarian, probably, it's quite attractive but, for Fighter or non-front-liners, I'd rather like either bonus than the both. Sensuki+Matt version has this "elegant" thematic division of Offense/Defense/Utility bonuses, which makes the players feel easier to pick abilities depending their preferences although, as rope kid pointed out, that makes INT too easy choice for caster classes.

I'm having a hard time seeing a serious problem with putting either deflection with AoE on INT. I can't really think of a class (or a build) that can't benefit from either AoE OR Deflection. Whereas, with AoE and durations together, I can think of a few builds (e.g. a passive fighter build) where INT could be completely dumpable. The battle in my head right now is between the symmetric simplicity of Sensuki's version and the interesting complexity of Josh's modification.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Ladolcevita posted:

Whereas, with AoE and durations together, I can think of a few builds (e.g. a passive fighter build) where INT could be completely dumpable.

This really isn't a problem though? There's a difference between an attribute not being very attractive to a very specific build/playstyle and an attribute not being attractive to a class.

Ladolcevita
Dec 1, 2013

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

This really isn't a problem though? There's a difference between an attribute not being very attractive to a very specific build/playstyle and an attribute not being attractive to a class.

Yeah, not really. That's why I'm pretty evenly split on the two proposals. I think either would work.

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

Ladolcevita posted:

I'm having a hard time seeing a serious problem with putting either deflection with AoE on INT. I can't really think of a class (or a build) that can't benefit from either AoE OR Deflection. Whereas, with AoE and durations together, I can think of a few builds (e.g. a passive fighter build) where INT could be completely dumpable. The battle in my head right now is between the symmetric simplicity of Sensuki's version and the interesting complexity of Josh's modification.

There's always going to be builds where you will be able to dump at least one attribute. Here's how I saw both suggestions affecting each class (Just IMO/Quickfire thoughts that I PM'd to Matt):

quote:

Fighter - worse off
Paladin - better off with Josh's
Priests - worse off
Druids - worse off
Wizards - worse off
Ciphers - worse off
Rangers - no change
Rogues - no change
Monks - better with Josh's
Barbarians - no change
Chanter - worse off

Here's how I imagine best builds for focusing on class primary action in our system, followed by comments

Fighter - CON, RES - but MIG and PER very good, INT pretty good, IAS meh
Paladin - No utter preference for attribute, IAS meh
Priests - INT, IAS followed by PER. CON and RES good if melee, MIG is meh because not enough damage spells
Druids - INT, IAS followed by PER. MIG, CON and RES all good
Wizards - INT, MIG followed by PER. IAS really good. CON and RES meh
Ciphers - INT, MIG followed by PER. IAS really good. CON and RES meh
Ranger - CON, PER, IAS, MIG all good - RES meh, int bad
Rogue - MIG, PER. IAS, INT good, CON and RES ok if melee
Monk - CON, PER. IAS and MIG and INT very good. RES meh
Barbarian - CON, MIG. IAS and PER and INT very good, RES ok
Chanter - INT best, but could literally build anything as every attirbute is useful because of their huge versatility

Here's how I imagine the best builds for focusing on class primary in Josh's system

Fighter - CON, INT - MIG and PER very good, RES pretty good, IAS meh
Paladin - INT best - otherwise same as before, IAS meh
Priests - RES, IAS followed by PER, INT and CON good for melee, MIG meh because not enough damage spells
Druids - RES, IAS followed by PER, MIG good. INT and CON good if melee
Wizards - really depends but I'd go RES, MIG followed by PER. IAS really good, INT ok if you are bad at aiming AoE. CON meh
Ciphers - RES, MIG followed by PER. IAS really good. CON and INT meh
Ranger - CON, PER, IAS, MIG all good - INT and RES meh
Rogue - MIG, PER. IAS, RES good. CON and INT ok if melee
Monk - CON and PER, RES next best. IAS and MIG very good. INT who cares
Barbarian - CON, MIG. IAS, PER very good. INT and RES ok
Chanter - no clear best choice anymore

Not everyone will agree on that though.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

what I'm gathering from the last few pages of this thread is that it's like Eve Online, but in a fantasy kingdom. Spreadsheets in Shannara! The Dark Lord, on his Dark Graph
You were joking, but that is something that I definitely dont want.

Sea Otter
Oct 9, 2012

Ladolcevita posted:

Yeah, not really. That's why I'm pretty evenly split on the two proposals. I think either would work.
That would be my current conclusion, too, although I wrote this earlier but, then again, I'd like the system to be more intuitively understandable (or thematically unified) and as many as choices to have valid outcomes-if possible.

As a side note, following some recent comments of rope kid in the official boards, which seem not to be currently accessible by rope kid, I've gotten an impression that he may be thinking of changing how AoE works. If this is the case, this may change the attractiveness of AoEs for offensive casters. Also, Rangers seem to still require lot of works before the players get the hang of how actually this class plays out.

Sea Otter fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 14, 2014

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
I understand all of this theorycrafting, but from everything I've read and followed from Josh up until this point stat distribution has been focused on not creating 'ideal builds' but rather on making most stats viable for all classes. Sure, you can make INT powerful so that it improves spellcasting builds, but then why would you choose anything except INT? That feels kinda contradictory to what they're trying to do with stats in PoE. I want to be able to make a Wizard that is the most accurate sonaofabitch in the world, so he's going to get an 18 in PER. Or maybe I want a fighter that's all about speed, landing a hundred blows in a few seconds, so he'll have a high DEX.

I wouldn't want to have interesting or unique stat placements (ugh, hate the term 'builds') end up useless 5 levels in because what I should have done was put everything into INT.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

As someone who backed the project just a few weeks ago, basically just on the developer's reputations, what I'm gathering from the last few pages of this thread is that it's like Eve Online, but in a fantasy kingdom. Spreadsheets in Shannara! The Dark Lord, on his Dark Graph . . . I kid, I kid.

No, you're right; some of this talk is getting really weird and masturbatory.

Sea Otter
Oct 9, 2012
Ropekid made a new entry in Tumblr about Ability Scores.

However, he managed to confuse me form the beginning.

quote:

It’s more important to me that players be able to make a wide variety of characters of a given class with different Attribute spreads than for those Attribute spreads to be equally viable in all circumstances/all different class styles (e.g. close-up gish wizard vs. back row wizard throwing out big AoEs).
However, in his revised version, say, if I put points on INT, for AoEs imaging a back-row Wizard, somehow, I find him to be gish-able since it means I also invested on Deflection. In terms of build choices with pros and cons to customize the classes even further, this feels quite odd. Or am I missing something here?

In any case, as far as my understanding goes, he seems to like to let the players to build various characters, not relying too much on Feats (Talents in PoE) or other special/back-end rules. Of course, if he can do that, I don't have any problem with it but...well, could you kindly do something about INT first, rope kid? :P

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
There is a whole lot of armchair game design going on in this thread nowadays, and I guess that's fine since it's a beta, but people need to remember what the stated goals of this project are vs. their own preconceived notions of what things should be.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

ceaselessfuture posted:

There is a whole lot of armchair game design going on in this thread nowadays, and I guess that's fine since it's a beta, but people need to remember what the stated goals of this project are vs. their own preconceived notions of what things should be.
Edition-war lite has been in the PE threads from the beginning.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

ceaselessfuture posted:

I'm a bit jealous in that I wish I had the time/energy for deep dives into PoE's design. Sort of wondering if Sensuki has a day job. :cheeky:

But I think it's cool. Nothing wrong with more discussion. I imagine Rope Kid would happily admit perfect design did not spring fully formed and unchangeable from his brain.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Sea Otter posted:

Ropekid made a new entry in Tumblr about Ability Scores.

However, he managed to confuse me form the beginning.

However, in his revised version, say, if I put points on INT, for AoEs imaging a back-row Wizard, somehow, I find him to be gish-able since it means I also invested on Deflection. In terms of build choices with pros and cons to customize the classes even further, this feels quite odd. Or am I missing something here?

In any case, as far as my understanding goes, he seems to like to let the players to build various characters, not relying too much on Feats (Talents in PoE) or other special/back-end rules. Of course, if he can do that, I don't have any problem with it but...well, could you kindly do something about INT first, rope kid? :P

I think he's saying that he wants all classes to viable on some form no matter which attributes you chose as long as you play to the strength of the character your attributes give you.

Basically you should be able to make a character where the reason you spend points on attributes is because you want the character to be a certain way from a roleplaying/story point of view and not be screwed because of it.
Int being AoE and Deflection fits that perfectly. No matter what class you pick, your smart character is going to be viable.

Sea Otter
Oct 9, 2012
@DatonKallandor
Thanks for the explanation and I also think the basic abilities should be balanced like that. Then again, if I image traditional and relatively weak back-row Wizard, the added Deflection goes against that image. Or should I start with the image of smart character in general? Personally, I'd do that in more simulationist games but that's not what I think when I'm creating a character for gamist one, especially, knowing the combat is a large part of this game. Reading the entry through my simulationist glasses, I can see the reasoning more clearly, though.

Thinking about that now, I've gotten an impression that the character creation progress also intentionally avoiding the stats behind decisions (such as weapon choices). The devs may like to let the players choose their character backgrounds more based on the role-playing context.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

DatonKallandor posted:

I think he's saying that he wants all classes to viable on some form no matter which attributes you chose as long as you play to the strength of the character your attributes give you.

Basically you should be able to make a character where the reason you spend points on attributes is because you want the character to be a certain way from a roleplaying/story point of view and not be screwed because of it.
Yes.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

ceaselessfuture posted:

Once people prepare organizing their feedback into robust documentation and start referring to it as "our proposal", we kind of reach a precipice beyond which open design can (can) get pretty toxic. That's a competitive shade of rhetoric and rhetoric shapes relationships, even subtly.

But yeah, it's not as if this wasn't going to happen, and if a stink rises up past this point then it too was always going to happen. I wonder if the data is malleable enough that you couldn't just mod your way into your ideal system.

Sea Otter
Oct 9, 2012
@rope kid
Sorry if my post get in your nerves but, yeah, while I'm interested in different builds in terms of party chemistry in combat gameplay, the other part of me also wants to see PC-NPC interactions supported by Obsidian writers (Now it feels odd to see that I have totally forgotten about my other side, concentrating on just the gamist element). In any case, I appreciate what you are doing to satisfy various needs, related with this project.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I know I've asked this before, but can Chanters and Ciphers learn new abilities outside of leveling like Wizards?

Somehow the whole notion of a Ciphers will always be foreign to me, as they're the only class with no real analogue in the IE games, but given the in-universe reason that's probably intentional.

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

I wonder if the data is malleable enough that you couldn't just mod your way into your ideal system.

It should be, I've actually already taken a look it - recompiling will be the tricky part.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
How deep is the trap mechanic? I mean the sort of traps that you find throughout the dungeon. The trap mechanic in the IE and NWN games is easily one of the weakest aspects of the games. They just slow down the gameplay and dungeon exploration unnecessarily and don't really add any challenge, fun or strategy. In a game with clunky party control (like NWN2), they are a source of frustration.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

FRINGE posted:

You were joking, but that is something that I definitely dont want.

I'm fairly sure absolutely none of this will be required knowledge for leveling a character in PoE, despite this thread becoming theorycrafting.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I don't think this can be so easily handwaived as theorycrafting since the head honcho of PoE is directly engaged in its discussion.

• Locked thread