Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I agree ##vote fv

Lets do Jedit tomorrow please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

fiery_valkyrie (5): Grandicap, Meinberg, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Winson_Paine, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Meinberg, Juanito, Meinberg, CapitalistPig
Grandicap (1): fiery_valkyrie
Jedit (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, Jedit

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 12th, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 36 minutes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Trust and lack thereof swirled through the town during the day, and the people found their scapegoat. They kicked fiery_valkyrie to the ground and let the bullets fly. There was satisfaction...for now.

On Day 3, fiery_valkyrie, Apocalypse-Aligned Skinner, was executed!

quote:

Even in the filth of Apocalypse World, there’s food that isn’t death on a spit, music that isn’t shrieking hyenas, thoughts that aren’t afraid, bodies that aren’t used meat, sex that isn’t rutting, dancing that’s real. There are moments that are more than stench, smoke, rage and blood. Anything beautiful left in this ugly rear end world, skinners hold it. Will they share it with you? What do you offer them?

You are Frost, Apocalypse-Aligned Skinner. You win when you control the World.

Basic Move:
Go Aggro: During the day, you may ##vote.
Seize By Force: You and the other Apocalypse-Aligned players may agree each night on a single ##nightkill. One of you must perform it, and you cannot perform any other actions.

Skinner Moves:
An Arresting Skinner: Each night, you may ##skin a player, preventing them from taking any actions of their own.
Hypnotic: All actions except ##vote targeting you have a 50% chance of failure.

It is now Night 3. Night 3 will last until Sunday at approximately 2:00pm.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Morning comes, and people are starting to run ragged. Everyone's at each other's throats. But usually, a car pulls up to the center of town. Not today, and not again.

On Night 3, Winson_Paine, World-Aligned Driver, was killed!

quote:

Came the apocalypse, and the infrastructure of the Golden Age tore apart. Roads heaved and split. Lines of life and communication shattered. Cities, cut off from one another, raged like smashed anthills, then burned, then fell. A few living still remember it: every horizon scorching hot with civilization in flames, light to put out the stars and moon, smoke to put out the sun. In Apocalypse World the horizons are dark, and no roads go to them.

You are Suv, World-Aligned Driver. You win when all threats to the World are eliminated.

Basic Move:
Go Aggro: During the day, you may ##vote.

Driver Moves:
A No poo poo Driver: You may ##drive any two players during the night. All other actions targeting the first player will instead target the second, and vice versa. If you ##drive, roll 2d6. 10+, you may ##drive again the next night. 7-9, you must wait one night. 6-, you must wait two nights.
Daredevil: If you get to -1 and survive, you are lynchproof the next day.

It is now Day 4.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): CapitalistPig, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jedit, Juanito, Meinberg

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 15th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 10 hours.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I investigated Meinberg last night and he's world aligned.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Not surprised by the kill. There's an idiot on the scum team who thinks he needs to get to me, and he'd have to go through Winson to do it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): CapitalistPig, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jedit, Juanito, Meinberg

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 15th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 10 hours.

Val is still alive in votefinder.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

Not surprised by the kill. There's an idiot on the scum team who thinks he needs to get to me, and he'd have to go through Winson to do it.

Not following this logic. Who is the 1 extra person you're not helping us lynch today?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Hal and Meinberg are confirmed town to me.

It's possible there is a godfather, but I'm not real convinced. I think it's more likely that an action would just fail.

I think Cpig is town.

So it really comes down to Jedit and Grandicap for me.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'm fairly sure that Grandicap is town. Somber used his N0 action to investigate him, and got a World result.

Last night, I protected Hal.

I'm not so sure about CPig.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
So there is probably a godfather? Also with 6 alive, is this LYLO?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Juanito posted:

So there is probably a godfather? Also with 6 alive, is this LYLO?

I think the odds are that there is one scum, plus Jedit as a 3P, left at this point. Since at least two of Jedit's masonry have been killed, I don't think he'll be able to win tonight, and if there's just one scum left, he won't be able to gain control of the vote.

I think we're okay with one more mislynch.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

At this point who doesn't have an investigation confirming them? I'm pretty much about to throw all of them out and assume whoever is left is a godfather.
Hal is confirmed, Meinberg is confirmed (and a cop/doc), I am confirmed.
Jedit is claimed 3rd party.
Juanito is claimed cop.
So, in theory, Meinberg could cop Juan and Juan could cop Pig and tomorrow night everyone would be investigated.

Right now, either it's Juan or Pig, or godfathers make the plethora of investigations worthless.

PS I am assuming 2 scum because 3 scum + 3rd party out of 11 players seems way more imbalanced.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh hey, pretty much everything I just said Meinberg already said. Huzzah.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Wait no, I forgot about including Jedit himself in his masonry. He might be up to three people now, and if no one in his masonry gets killed, and his choice doesn't get scumkilled tonight, he could win tonight.

For what it's worth, I think it's Pig. But for some reason, I thought there was something clearing him.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Meinberg posted:

Wait no, I forgot about including Jedit himself in his masonry. He might be up to three people now, and if no one in his masonry gets killed, and his choice doesn't get scumkilled tonight, he could win tonight.

For what it's worth, I think it's Pig. But for some reason, I thought there was something clearing him.

Nope, just me in the mason doc saying I think he's town. And Juan having the same sentiments in thread. Nothing mechanical clearing him.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I got recruited by Jedit last night, but I dont' think he uses the doc at all now.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Grandicap posted:

Val is still alive in votefinder.

Will fix when back at a computer, thanks

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
If we're going to assume there is a godfather.. I don't think Hal is it.

I mean, he even missed when Somber had claimed his masonry.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I used my 1 shot doc on grandi last night because I thought he might be a target.

I was wrong

My remaining one shot is p much useless.

I can deliver a message that isn't even anonymous.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

I am on three people, but I was on four.

I think you've misunderstood my win condition. I won't win until the end of the game, whichever way it goes. I'm just trying to stay alive, protect my masons and recruit people to balance my losses.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (6): CapitalistPig, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jedit, Juanito, Meinberg

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 15th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think I am worried that we are just accepting what Jedit is saying here and I'm not sure I buy that he is being honest with his claim.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Jedit's claim very well could be an actual claim. It makes a certain degree of sense, even if that particular win condition is rather hard to achieve.

The other execution candidate is CPig, who has been fairly consistently scummy, but on the other hand, CPig is the sort of fellow who just acts that way in Mafia. Still, between the two, I'd rather vote CPig right now.

##vote Cpig

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I'm not convinced about Cpig, and I'd rather vote Jedit.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I don't think Cpig would be a scum tracker.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think Jedit's claim is accurate. But I think we still need to lynch him. Assuming we lynch town today, and there is a NK, that leaves us at MYLO tomorrow. We no Lynch taking us to LYLO with town\scum\Jedit. At that time he would vote for whoever he wanted, either both are members of his masonry and he just drops a vote and doesn't care, or he picks solely based on masonry content. He is playing an entirely different game than the rest of us and that is a liability.

##vote Jedit

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, we have a good chance to tie up our loose ends tonight as far as the uninvestigated goes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I want to ##vote jedit

I hate that claim.

And it's risky to keep around.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Meinberg posted:

Jedit's claim very well could be an actual claim. It makes a certain degree of sense, even if that particular win condition is rather hard to achieve.

The other execution candidate is CPig, who has been fairly consistently scummy, but on the other hand, CPig is the sort of fellow who just acts that way in Mafia. Still, between the two, I'd rather vote CPig right now.

##vote Cpig

Meinberg, you buffoon.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Meinberg, you buffoon.

Good point. I'm phone posting right now, but I'm not opposed to voting Jedit. Is there anything else we need to discuss today?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Grandicap posted:

I think Jedit's claim is accurate. But I think we still need to lynch him. Assuming we lynch town today, and there is a NK, that leaves us at MYLO tomorrow. We no Lynch taking us to LYLO with town\scum\Jedit. At that time he would vote for whoever he wanted, either both are members of his masonry and he just drops a vote and doesn't care, or he picks solely based on masonry content. He is playing an entirely different game than the rest of us and that is a liability.

##vote Jedit

Only if you keep killing my masons. If you mislynch outside my masonry today and the scum don't shoot someone in my masonry, there's a 50-50 chance that I will have everyone on board going into MYLO. If that happens I will simply reduce the game to 3-man LYLO. If I don't get lucky in that way or one of the two kills is my mason, then in the event of a mislynch at MYLO I'll just have to hope the scum is already a mason and is generous enough to share the win. Of course, if the scum is in my masonry and you find him it's out of my hands because I can't stop you lynching him.

The more I look at my role, the more obnoxious I find it. From the start my victory has been completely dependent on the scum allowing me to continue providing a helpful service to the Town. Meanwhile, I have had to disrupt the Town game because I lose with a fast Town victory - which makes me look scummy and may well get me killed before I can recruit enough people.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

And while we're at it: why are people saying "Hey, we can afford a mislynch - let's use it to kill someone who is confirmed not to be scum!"? If you shoot me, you will only have one chance to find the last scum. If you don't, you will have the same chance plus the chance that the last scum is a person I didn't recruit or I managed to recruit everyone. That is empirically better.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Juanito posted:

I don't think Cpig would be a scum tracker.

I would like to remind you that A) CPig is more of a JOAT and B) roles are randomized.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I forgot Cpig was JOAT, but I still don't get a scum vibe from him.

Jedit, were you confirmed 3P? I didn't remember that.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

The more I think about Jedit, the more I don't like it. Nothing has confirmed his 3P as far as I'm aware, and there's nothing to confirm the win conditions that he's provided.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Juanito posted:

I forgot Cpig was JOAT, but I still don't get a scum vibe from him.

Jedit, were you confirmed 3P? I didn't remember that.

This:

Winson_Paine posted:

Sure!

I AM THE DRIVER, FEAR MY WHEELS.

Last night I drived Jedit and Maltose, because I was sort of suspicious of them but if we are gonna be honest it was mostly arbitrary. So Jedit was the likely candidate for the nightkill and (sorry Maltose) Maltose got hit instead. Which is why I am now double convinced that Jedit is not scum, even if I am not like 100% he is not 3P.

As Winson has since flipped Town I'm confirmed as the Night 1 NK target and hence am not scum. I'm not 100% confirmed 3P as you only have my word for it, but if I were lying about that then I'd have to be Town.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

##vote CPig

I know, I said, but he's not in my masonry and if nothing changes I'm apt to be apathy lynched. If he's scum I lose, but if I die now I lose anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Forgot about the driving thing... Jedit as scum doesn't make much sense then.

I would vote Cpig but Meinberg has my vote today. Use it wisely good sir!

Of the cleared people I am most suspicious of grandicap

• Locked thread