Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

Murmur Twin posted:

Same thing I said to Carpet Mouse: all I am doing is trying to determine whose role PMs say butter instead of bread.

Oh no, I hope you have not been getting us mixed up too much!
(I do understand why you would though, they are kind of similar names)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
to vote strong mouse would essentially be assuming that pm is scum as well since she's his only real possible partner at this point. or so it seems?

decisions decisions...

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

The Carpet Shark posted:

Oh no, I hope you have not been getting us mixed up too much!
(I do understand why you would though, they are kind of similar names)

:350:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
uggggggghhhhh

##unvote

effort incoming.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adus posted:

to vote strong mouse would essentially be assuming that pm is scum as well since she's his only real possible partner at this point. or so it seems?

decisions decisions...

Only if he flips scum. If he flips town it would help PM's town stock.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
my only real problem with voting strong mouse was because i just wasn't sure who was on his side. an argument was presented for such. not sure how much stock to put in it, but we're getting down to the wire and further defense of met was brought up as well. strong mouse isn't saying much either...

going to do this for now and cross my fingers i guess

##vote Strong Mouse

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Adus posted:

decisions decisions...

wait this is interesting

i almost won hunger games because the two remaining scum took the clever tactic of aligning each other with harmless townies. i figured out that, well, the pair on my side is bullshit because i'm town, and that other pair, well, that guy looks suspicious but the other is innocuous...oh poo poo!

and then i got lynched.

re: met's posting schedule: i'll call it irrelevant. it might contribute to how he's rubbing me the wrong way, but his dearth of posts is not even remotely my biggest concern.

murmur asked a couple "tough" ones so brb with that poo poo. girl takes no prisoners, lemme tell ya.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Adus posted:

decisions decisions...

Well, if Strong Mouse flips town it'll confirm for me that Murmur's scum. If Strong Mouse flips scum then I'm definitely thinking PM is scum. And this:

Murmur Twin posted:

I think PM's scum game involves being antagonistic towards people who go against her (me and Met) while being encouraging to you (Carpet Shark) so you agree with her.

Is actually something I have been wondering about, and has been keeping PM on my radar!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
awwwww fiddlesticks i thought we had another hour. drat you, west coast.

luck, be a lady tonight.

##vote strong mouse

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for Strong Mouse.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Votecount for Day 2

Strong Mouse (4): soscannonballs, Murmur Twin, Adus, Propaganda Machine
Met (2): Strong Mouse, Propaganda Machine, The Carpet Shark, Propaganda Machine
The Carpet Shark (1): Met, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin

Not Voting (0):

Strong Mouse, BLAND and BUTTER ALIGNED has been eaten for lunch Day 2. It is now night. Day 3 should be in one hour, barring something unusual.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 15, 2014

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Check your email Strong Mouse.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

In the night, Propoganda Machine, BREAD ALIGNED DOCTOR, was eaten.

It is now Day 3.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (5): Adus, Met, Murmur Twin, soscannonballs, The Carpet Shark

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lunch. The current deadline is September 16th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

There is no discussion topic today.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

This is interesting regarding Met and Carpet Shark

Strong Mouse posted:

No

I figure that if one of them is scum, then the other one probably isn't. If that's the case, I have no idea who the other scum is.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
:zombie: GO TOWN!!! :zombie:

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
well then

i guess that saves us from having to figure PM out...

PM WE SHALL AVENGE YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I am back to thinking Met is scum now. He acknowledges my case and that he thinks SM is scummy, but keeps his vote on Carpet Shark while also casually dismissing my point about CS asking how to vote in the thread.

Met posted:

I'm still comfortable with my Carpet Shark lynch for the moment. Strong Mouse's jump to lynch me tells me he went into panic mode the second any scrutiny went on him.

My scum list, in order right now:

The Carpet Shark
Strong Mouse
Propaganda Machine

The reasonings for TCS AND PM is in my last post. Strong Mouse made the list with his panic post.

Here he is also lightly bussing Strong Mouse while also dismissing the scummy behavior by chalking it up as being a newbie

Met posted:

Strong Mouse got the ball started on the townie and then never spoke again. Murmur Twin hammered. I don't put much stock in either of those though (though it's weird Strong Mouse never spoke again after that vote). Mafia tend to hide in the late middle of townie votes with really lackluster excuses for the vote other than "Everyone else is doing it"

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Met posted:

We have no scum down yet to compare, but Carpet Shark and Props are playing off each other while throwing accusations at every person going by to see what sticks. I call bragging points if they both turn out to be scum. Shame on one if the other is scum and leading them on.

I made the following post at the end of Day 2 but didn't end up posting it because of the time constraints and I was going back and forth so much on whether I felt Strong Mouse or Met was scum. But apparently these three posts were the glaring indicators of my scumbro alliance with PM-

[quote="”The Carpet Shark”" post="”434671802”"]
I don’t see calling out the lurkers as particularly scummy, especially if the intent was to get them to post more which is what it looked like to me. Am I completely off-base here?
[/quote]

[quote="”The Carpet Shark”" post="”434668055”"]
I get the vibe they’re town, if only because their posts seem lighthearted but not forced. Not to mention there wasn’t much going on before PM went full bread.
[/quote]

[quote="”The Carpet Shark”" post="”434707200”"]
As for defending people, I have mostly been discussing PM and that’s because I was getting a pretty solid town read off of her. It makes things a bit easier if we can figure out who to rule out for now.
[/quote]

And I guess also the fact that PM said she got a town vibe off me.

My real question is why would scum vote PM? A few people mentioned she was going to look pretty suspicious if Strong Mouse flipped scum, so why would they eliminate someone the town had established they might vote for?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Wow - wasn't expecting that! That said, I feel pretty good about the last scum as well:

Murmur Twin posted:

NULL READ

Adus - seems like newbie town to me. However, I can't eliminate the possibility that he's playing up newbieness and generally going with the flow to dodge suspicion. I wouldn't want to lynch him today.

I wasn't looking too hard at Adus on D2 because others seemed scummier. Now that two of the three people that were above him on my list are gone, it's time to look a bit deeper:

Adus posted:

my only real problem with voting strong mouse was because i just wasn't sure who was on his side. an argument was presented for such. not sure how much stock to put in it, but we're getting down to the wire and further defense of met was brought up as well. strong mouse isn't saying much either...

going to do this for now and cross my fingers i guess

##vote Strong Mouse

As the case on Strong Mouse built up, my town train of thought was this:

1. The only stand that Strong Mouse took was against Met, which he couldn't defend very well and didn't seem genuine
2. Of all the people left, Mouse was the lone person that everyone people could agree on as being potentially scummy
3. Mouse's flip would strongly validate or invalidate pretty much everyone else's town stock, so his flip would be really informative
4. We should lynch Mouse!

Adus's train of thought was this:

Adus posted:

decisions decisions...

a. Why does it matter if we don't know who Strong's scumbro (or scumsis) is?
b. Why bring it up at all unless trying to divert votes from Strong?
c. Why mention PM by name?

My theory is that Adus thought that Carpet Shark was going to vote for Strong Mouse, so he was trying to reinforce the notion that PM and Mouse were scum together. That way, me/Met/Shark/sos all vote and hammer Strong Mouse and it's a super easy sell to frame PM on D3. I think that she messed up this plan by beating Shark to the hammer and leaving him without someone to frame.

Also, I think this 'gut feeling' list was faked:

Adus posted:

my 'gut feeling' list from most likely town to most likely scum at this rate is probably

carpet shark
PM
strong mouse
socannoballs
MT
met

From the same post:

quote:

MT and PM: putting the most effort into casing people. seems like a town responsibility, but it would also serve their cover the best as scum to convince us to vote for other people.

So why not bother to explain why she's second-towniest and I'm second-scummiest?

quote:

socannonballs: has been kind of in the background as well but made a compelling case against strong mouse. this could be a subtle play to stay out of the line of fire while also putting in a solid contribution and not seem like too much of a lurker.

strong mouse: if they're scum who are they working with? he has kinda bounced around in his ideas of who is scum and got called out. no one has really defended him. it could be that 'bussing' thing that was talked about, but that seems risky now that we're so close to the deadline and he's a likely target to get voted.

How do you leave this explanations and then put Strong Mouse as townier than sos? Also, the term "that 'bussing' thing" sounds like an attempt to play up his newbie-ness. Why?

quote:

carpet shark: a newbie and his reactions seem genuine for someone who is being accused of being scum while town, at least from my point of view as another newbie who is town. PM and i have come to his defense. both him and PM could be scum but by that logic i could be too.

...because Carpet Shark has shown he can be influenced (no offense!) by people being nicer to him.

quote:

met: feels like everyone has been accusing him except murmur. could be working together? however there seems to be a high likelihood that he was not around for the NK. could he have sent in his action early? i don't know the specifics of this.

The reason for his #1 scumpick? "It feels like everyone has been accusing him". A town player trying to solve the game, even a new one, would have some better reason to case someone than that by now.

Adus - can you address some of those points?

My list right now 90% Adus is scum, 10% Carpet Shark is scum. Given that sos played a huge rule in getting Monkey lynched, and that Met is the person that known scum Monkey was trying to target, I feel very confident that the two of them are town.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

The Carpet Shark posted:

My real question is why would scum vote PM? A few people mentioned she was going to look pretty suspicious if Strong Mouse flipped scum, so why would they eliminate someone the town had established they might vote for?

so i have a couple theories about this but some of them are based in my lack of knowledge of this game so bear with me:

1. somehow they knew she was a doctor and wanted to get rid of her role. i think this is impossible because i don't think we have any configuration where someone could get that information.

2. someone very new to the game just made the wrong choice. that would possibly implicate you, carpet shark, however i don't know if this is very logical either. i mean your very post i'm quoting points out that this would have been a bad idea.

3. someone sent the night kill choice in very early in the day because they might not be around. this is something i'm very unsure of because i don't know if this is even allowed. that said, if true this would strongly point toward met.

4. they figured we'd guess a scum would not make the hammer vote on their own ally and therefore come to the conclusion that PM was most certainly town therefore making her the most appealing choice to kill.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adus posted:

someone sent the night kill choice in very early in the day because they might not be around. this is something i'm very unsure of because i don't know if this is even allowed. that said, if true this would strongly point toward met

soscannonballs posted:

I am back to thinking Met is scum now. He acknowledges my case and that he thinks SM is scummy, but keeps his vote on Carpet Shark while also casually dismissing my point about CS asking how to vote in the thread.

Here he is also lightly bussing Strong Mouse while also dismissing the scummy behavior by chalking it up as being a newbie

Do you guys really think that the only person Strong Mouse was trying to sell as scum was his scumbro? I understand bussing but that seems like a stretch here.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Murmur Twin posted:

Given that sos played a huge rule in getting Monkey lynched, and that Met is the person that known scum Monkey was trying to target, I feel very confident that the two of them are town.

Jesus, Murmur, how high are you?

Anyway, your post has definitely given me some food for thought.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Adus posted:

4. they figured we'd guess a scum would not make the hammer vote on their own ally and therefore come to the conclusion that PM was most certainly town therefore making her the most appealing choice to kill.

If PM had survived I would have thought that the last minute switch by PM was because I was going to switch to Strong Mouse, and she just wanted to take the opportunity to look good if her partner was pretty much guaranteed to go down anyway. Of course, this wasn't the case but I don't think it's too difficult to logic out, so I was pretty shocked to see PM go. I don't know, it just feels really weird.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Honestly I was expecting to die tonight. MT you bring up some good points about Adus. As far as SM and Met, yes SM did say he though Met was scum, he didn't really push hard to get him lynched and didn't actually vote for him until I pushed him around with my case.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The Carpet Shark posted:

Jesus, Murmur, how high are you?

Haha holy crap.

Honestly, I screw this up because I can't figure out a good standard to abbreviate names >:( Sometimes I use initials, sometimes I use the first word in someone's name, sometimes I use the "Noun" part of their name. Apparently sometimes I make up a word that's kind of phonetically close to a word in someone's name?

quote:

Anyway, your post has definitely given me some food for thought.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Murmur Twin posted:

My theory is that Adus thought that Carpet Shark was going to vote for Strong Mouse, so he was trying to reinforce the notion that PM and Mouse were scum together. That way, me/Met/Shark/sos all vote and hammer Strong Mouse and it's a super easy sell to frame PM on D3. I think that she messed up this plan by beating Shark to the hammer and leaving him without someone to frame.

Then he got nervous, overthought it, and nked PM, thinking we wouldn't suspect PM anymore once she had switched for scummy Strong Mouse. I suppose that last minute switch might not ping your radar as possibly scummy if you knew who the scum were.

I'm digging this, it seems to answer my question pretty darn well!

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Murmur Twin posted:

Wow - wasn't expecting that! That said, I feel pretty good about the last scum as well:

I wasn't looking too hard at Adus on D2 because others seemed scummier. Now that two of the three people that were above him on my list are gone, it's time to look a bit deeper:

As the case on Strong Mouse built up, my town train of thought was this:

1. The only stand that Strong Mouse took was against Met, which he couldn't defend very well and didn't seem genuine
2. Of all the people left, Mouse was the lone person that everyone people could agree on as being potentially scummy
3. Mouse's flip would strongly validate or invalidate pretty much everyone else's town stock, so his flip would be really informative
4. We should lynch Mouse!

Adus's train of thought was this:

a. Why does it matter if we don't know who Strong's scumbro (or scumsis) is?
b. Why bring it up at all unless trying to divert votes from Strong?
c. Why mention PM by name?

less trying to save mouse and more trying to show that i still backed PM as town. i suppose i should have made that clearer, my mistake.

quote:

nah, as i said above, did not think pm was scum. i was actually kind of afraid of her turning up as scum because then i would have looked super dumb backing her this entire time. some of it was probably sympathetic. one of the only games i read before this was battleship where she got lynched hard and fast, so i wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt this time. this is probably misguided and a silly way to play the game, but i tend to lean toward giving people the benefit of the doubt when i can. i'm probably not the best for this game.

quote:

Also, I think this 'gut feeling' list was faked:

From the same post:

So why not bother to explain why she's second-towniest and I'm second-scummiest?

there wasn't really a lot of time to comb through posts and give perfect examples of why i thought the way i did, especially since a lot of it was still based on gut feeling. my gut has been wrong though, as we saw with twelvebaud.

quote:

How do you leave this explanations and then put Strong Mouse as townier than sos? Also, the term "that 'bussing' thing" sounds like an attempt to play up his newbie-ness. Why?

that's reading pretty hard into my phrasing. i don't play up the newbieness, i play it exactly as new as i am.

my feeling of strong mouse being town at that point was merely because i had no idea who was on his side, so i felt like perhaps socannonballs could possibly be a scum coming out of relative hiding to case someone and throw us off track.

quote:

...because Carpet Shark has shown he can be influenced (no offense!) by people being nicer to him.

at the risk of sounding dumb i guess i don't really know what you're trying to say here.

quote:

The reason for his #1 scumpick? "It feels like everyone has been accusing him". A town player trying to solve the game, even a new one, would have some better reason to case someone than that by now.

Adus - can you address some of those points?

My list right now 90% Adus is scum, 10% Carpet Shark is scum. Given that sos played a huge rule in getting Monkey lynched, and that Met is the person that known scum Monkey was trying to target, I feel very confident that the two of them are town.

yeah very lazy on my part, i agree. but it's actually the truth. i'm more likely to defer to other people's judgment when they seem to have well-reasoned arguments. it's a result of me being insecure in my own abilities plus being not super interested rehashing old points and scanning old posts.

honestly? i'm finding i'm not too fond of the mechanics of this game. it's an interesting concept and i can see why people like it, but i prefer to have more tools to work with than over-analyzing every word of every post (and endlessly requoting) where everything can be read almost any way you want it to be. combine that with still being a bit drained from 6 weeks of survivor, i don't have a lot of energy. this makes me a pretty useless player here and i sincerely apologize for that. i just figured i'd best jump at a chance for a 'newbie game' while it was there.

so i mean, you're welcome to vote for me, but i am town. i won survivor by not bullshitting people and i tried to be vague and misdirect rather than lie if necessary. so by saying i'm town and giving you my word i'd like to think it holds a bit of weight? it's ultimately your call though.

i voted strong mouse which seems super risky if i'm scum don't you think?

Murmur Twin posted:

Do you guys really think that the only person Strong Mouse was trying to sell as scum was his scumbro? I understand bussing but that seems like a stretch here.

fair point, but yes i think it was possible for the reasons socannonballs said above. also you accused me of being scum when i would have had to vote for my own scumbro just tonight. so clearly you also think that line of thinking is possible.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
:ghost:...and it was going so well:ghost:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adus posted:

honestly? i'm finding i'm not too fond of the mechanics of this game. it's an interesting concept and i can see why people like it, but i prefer to have more tools to work with than over-analyzing every word of every post (and endlessly requoting) where everything can be read almost any way you want it to be. combine that with still being a bit drained from 6 weeks of survivor, i don't have a lot of energy. this makes me a pretty useless player here and i sincerely apologize for that. i just figured i'd best jump at a chance for a 'newbie game' while it was there.

Whether you're town or scum, I believe this is true. I think most people new to Mafia - especially those who came from AS/ABB - go through the feelings of "when does the fun part start?" early on. I certainly did!

I think the issue is that, for those of us who come here from Awful Survivor/Big Brother, we come in expecting Mafia to be similar to those games because of the overlap in people. And it's really not - it's more "solve this murder mystery!" than "outwit outplay outlast", and I think it does take a little while to actually embrace that.

quote:

so i mean, you're welcome to vote for me, but i am town. i won survivor by not bullshitting people and i tried to be vague and misdirect rather than lie if necessary. so by saying i'm town and giving you my word i'd like to think it holds a bit of weight? it's ultimately your call though.

I didn't really site this because to my knowledge no one left in this game followed Awful Survivor, but I'd argue that you won AS by putting in a ton of effort when your back was against the wall. Stuff like searching for idols after the second swap, feeding Goku information and then denying it, and having a good understanding of the state of the game and using it to your advantage. I think that's why I am at least questioning the "this game is hard!" angle - Survivor is also hard, and you seemed like you had that plenty under control!

The thing is, in Survivor everyone has the same goal (don't get voted out), and that makes a gigantic difference because it puts all of the players on the same playing field. In that game, anyone can align with anyone and trust that they're working for the same thing as their alliance mates. In Mafia, that's not the case - people are assigned their teams at the beginning, some of whom are definitely going to be lying, and so you can't just take people on their word no matter how much you like them or trust their character.

To use an analogy: if we're two friends playing Poker and you push all-in, I'm not going to decide what to do based on how much I trust you as a person. I'm going to look the strength of my hand, the cards in play, how you've handled other hands, what your tendencies are, and make a decision that will help me win the game. No amount of "I give you my word that my hand is strong" will get me to throw my hand away, no matter what my opinion of you is in the outside world.

quote:

i voted strong mouse which seems super risky if i'm scum don't you think?

Not really, it was going along with the majority at that point. I feel like the writing was on the wall that Strong Mouse was the scummiest-seeming player, so at that point it was jumping off a sinking ship.

We might as well go around the room and say who our main suspects are and why? The reasons I listed above haven't changed for me - I would still feel good about an Adus lynch, I just feel like with 5 people left we can get everyone's opinion out before starting to vote.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Murmur Twin posted:

Whether you're town or scum, I believe this is true. I think most people new to Mafia - especially those who came from AS/ABB - go through the feelings of "when does the fun part start?" early on. I certainly did!

I think the issue is that, for those of us who come here from Awful Survivor/Big Brother, we come in expecting Mafia to be similar to those games because of the overlap in people. And it's really not - it's more "solve this murder mystery!" than "outwit outplay outlast", and I think it does take a little while to actually embrace that.

well from what little i saw of the game i certainly knew it was different and i felt going in that it probably wasn't my thing. you never know until you try, though.

quote:

I didn't really site this because to my knowledge no one left in this game followed Awful Survivor, but I'd argue that you won AS by putting in a ton of effort when your back was against the wall. Stuff like searching for idols after the second swap, feeding Goku information and then denying it, and having a good understanding of the state of the game and using it to your advantage. I think that's why I am at least questioning the "this game is hard!" angle - Survivor is also hard, and you seemed like you had that plenty under control!

they're both hard, i agree. though if you were to compare searching for idols with searching for clues about who is scum, i definitely feel like there's more concrete information on where idols are possibly hidden. deciding who is scum based on vague hunches due to how they word their posts is a different set of analytical skills which are a bit more difficult for me because everything i look at i'm wondering if it's really a slip up or just something i am misunderstanding or just part of an act. it's all very subtle. which is why i find the whole concept interesting, but difficult.

quote:

The thing is, in Survivor everyone has the same goal (don't get voted out), and that makes a gigantic difference because it puts all of the players on the same playing field. In that game, anyone can align with anyone and trust that they're working for the same thing as their alliance mates. In Mafia, that's not the case - people are assigned their teams at the beginning, some of whom are definitely going to be lying, and so you can't just take people on their word no matter how much you like them or trust their character.

To use an analogy: if we're two friends playing Poker and you push all-in, I'm not going to decide what to do based on how much I trust you as a person. I'm going to look the strength of my hand, the cards in play, how you've handled other hands, what your tendencies are, and make a decision that will help me win the game. No amount of "I give you my word that my hand is strong" will get me to throw my hand away, no matter what my opinion of you is in the outside world.

i certainly didn't put much stock into my 'hey just trust me' argument, but i figured it was worth a shot.

quote:

Not really, it was going along with the majority at that point. I feel like the writing was on the wall that Strong Mouse was the scummiest-seeming player, so at that point it was jumping off a sinking ship.

there was a point where there were 3 votes against met. i could have easily hammered him. could you explain to me why it's better to sell out my own scum partner rather than kill someone when i had the chance, even though it was an hour early? genuinely asking because i don't see the logic there. we had a bit of concern earlier when you "rushed" the hammer vote against twelvebaud but i feel like it still would have been a better outcome for a scum player for a town to die rather than let his own get cut. and i could have done that before further arguments were made to lynch mouse.

i feel a bit bad because you're actually making some decent arguments for a potential intricate thought process from me but sadly the truth is you're overthinking my actions.

quote:

We might as well go around the room and say who our main suspects are and why? The reasons I listed above haven't changed for me - I would still feel good about an Adus lynch, I just feel like with 5 people left we can get everyone's opinion out before starting to vote.

i'm out of time and have to go to work so i'll have to do this when i return.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm cop.

After getting close to lynch yesterday, I'm not willing to get lynched while I sleep today and lose what information I have.

Results
Night 1- Murmur Twin: Clean
Night 2- The Carpet Shark: Clean

Checked Murmur on Night 1 after he was almost lynched. Came up clean. Checked The Carpet Shark after I gave him a lot of poo poo day 2. Came up clean. That just leaves two players of the living ones today.

Living Players
Adus
Met Cop claim
Murmur Twin Cop Verified
socannoballs
The Carpet Shark Cop Verified

We can't lose, by the looks of it. If we fail tonight, we'll have 3 people alive tomorrow and the other one still alive, no matter who dies.

##vote: socannoballs

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Why go sos over Adus, out of curiousity?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Spite for being so anti-me so frequently.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It doesn't really matter. I think sos has a higher chance of being scum and this can be over today. If everyone feels Adus is a better target, it really doesn't matter to me.

I've done my part. Game is in everyone else's hands now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Met posted:

It doesn't really matter. I think sos has a higher chance of being scum and this can be over today. If everyone feels Adus is a better target, it really doesn't matter to me.

I've done my part. Game is in everyone else's hands now.

Ah geez. I've had faith in Met being town most of the game and ironically it's his cop claim that gives me pause. If Met is in fact the last scum, his plan would kill us:

D3 we lynch (Adus or sos), N3 scum kills (me or Carpet)
D4 we lynch (whoever is left of Adus or sos), N4 scum kills (whoever is left of me or Carpet)
...scum Met wins.

So there's definitely more discussion to be had here.

Met posted:

Spite for being so anti-me so frequently.

Adus was frequently anti-you than sos.

Met posted:

I'm cop.

After getting close to lynch yesterday, I'm not willing to get lynched while I sleep today and lose what information I have.

Results
Night 1- Murmur Twin: Clean
Night 2- The Carpet Shark: Clean

Checked Murmur on Night 1 after he was almost lynched. Came up clean.

I didn't get almost lynched N1, PM was the only person really pushing for me. And getting my gender wrong this late in the game gives off a scum vibe, because it's indicative of not needing to try to search for clues regarding who scum is.

Also, the fact that he went after sos (who put forth a good case on the other scum) instead of Adus (who by his own admission isn't good at casing people and has at least my suspicion on him) without any great reason for it makes me pause.

Right now the one thing I'm pretty sure of is that Carpet Shark is town. Either Met is town cop and telling the truth, or Met is the last scum (and so Carpet Shark is still town).

I'd still like to lynch Adus. My gut says that if Met is telling the truth and is the cop, then Adus is the scum. But if Adus flips town, then whoever is left needs to consider that Met might be lying (since I have the feeling I'll be dead if there's another day after this).

What say everyone else?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
uh huh.

Either you lynch me and I'm proven right or
we win the game and I'm proven right.

I prefer the second option but at least you guys have a 50/50 shot tomorrow if you lynch me today. What odds does that give me winning? 3/4?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Met posted:

uh huh.

Either you lynch me and I'm proven right or
we win the game and I'm proven right.

I prefer the second option but at least you guys have a 50/50 shot tomorrow if you lynch me today. What odds does that give me winning? 3/4?

I didn't say lynch you today, I just wanted to make sure that if we lynch Adus or sos and they're town, that whoever is left (given that Adus and Shark are both new players) considers that you might be lying about being Cop. I want town to win (your claim basically confirms Carpet and I as town) so I wanted to get that out there in case I'm killed.

Based on his gameplay I don't think that sos is scum, so I feel like we can follow your plan and lynch Adus tonight and we'll likely win. I just want to hear from others first.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

One other thing: if Met is either a cop or scum, that means that the "Met wasn't online during the night phases" argument is no longer valid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You can send night actions ahead of time. :ssh:

In my case, I gave a list of conditions. If X or Y is lynched, check A. But if Z is lynched, check B. That kind of thing.

Anyway, off to bed. I've given all I've got and the rest of the game is in your hands.

• Locked thread