Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

Celery Face posted:

That new assistant trailer park supervisor is creepy. Not the funny sort of creepy like Lahey and Sam the caveman, the awkward kind of creepy.

Part of why I'm watching this is because I wanna see how the actors aged. No one looks that different aside from some new wrinkles and gaining weight but Barbara Lahey, Jacob and especially George Green are unrecognizable.

I miss Phil Collins. :(

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Glokta posted:

I'm three episodes in and this is great so far. Amazed that they got Corey back. A lot of old favourites show up. Hoping for Ray but no sign of him yet. Way she goes I guess.

He doesn't appear or get mentioned throughout the entire season. I'm kinda thinking they had a falling out with Barrie Dunn, the actor who plays him. Michael Jackson (the guy who played Trevor) has said before, when talking about why he left the show, that Barrie Dunn was one of the guys that created a toxic working environment. Here's a long thing he a wrote a few years ago about his experience with TPB. After reading that I was surprised to see Corey back at all.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Ray is mentioned in passing by Ricky as "missing his old man" in one of the early season 8 episodes.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Ray's absence can be explained by Don't Legalize It.

They're selective about movies being canon I guess

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I waded into the internet's darkest depths(a Reddit AMA with the boys) and gleaned this info:

*Season 9 drops on Netflix in March, they hope to follow it with season 10 and 11
*Netflix gives them full creative control
*They've talked with and are cool with Michael Jackson(Trevor) and the door is open for him to return whenever he wants to
*If Ellen Page ever wants to come back to Sunnyvale they'd be pretty ecstatic

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Mob posted:

I waded into the internet's darkest depths(a Reddit AMA with the boys) and gleaned this info:

*Season 9 drops on Netflix in March, they hope to follow it with season 10 and 11
*Netflix gives them full creative control
*They've talked with and are cool with Michael Jackson(Trevor) and the door is open for him to return whenever he wants to
*If Ellen Page ever wants to come back to Sunnyvale they'd be pretty ecstatic

I'll add that they said a GTA-style video game is in development.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Breadallelogram posted:

I'll add that they said a GTA-style video game is in development.

GTA clones are always terrible. They should make a Zork style text based RPG.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
GTA: Trailer Park Boys would loving own.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick

JackBadass posted:

GTA clones are always terrible. They should make a Zork style text based RPG.

I would play the hell out of that game. The GTA style game doesn't sound very enticing though. I can't imagine the budget for such a game would be big enough to put out a half-decent product. Unless they are doing a classic top-down GTA style game, in which case, I'm all in.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Exploder posted:

I would play the hell out of that game. The GTA style game doesn't sound very enticing though. I can't imagine the budget for such a game would be big enough to put out a half-decent product. Unless they are doing a classic top-down GTA style game, in which case, I'm all in.

They could get around budget constraints by making it a small area. A Bully clone, if you will.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Here's exactly what was said, just to avoid any misinterpretation:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I think I'd rather see a Telltale-style adventure game over a GTA clone.

Actually, nobody in that park owns a modern computer. Better make it look like something Sierra or Lucasarts would've made in the 90s.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Lahey did have an N64 in this one episode in Season 5 I remember.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Breadallelogram posted:

Here's exactly what was said, just to avoid any misinterpretation:

I hope it's being made by Obsidian, because the South Park game ended up being basically perfect and a TPB game in that vein would be much better than a GTA clone. Just imagine the characters' special attacks. Bubbles summoning swarms of kitties, etc.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I can honestly only see a Telltale-style game working for it. TPB isn't nearly action-heavy enough for anything else to fit it very well. That said, a Telltale-style TPB game made by Obsidian would rule.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Make it a racing game. Bubble's Go-cart, Randy in the poo poo Mobile, Lahey's mangled car, etc.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Fighting game. Use weapons like hockey sticks and bottles, Julian's attacks are all one-handed, both Bubbles and the Green Bastard as playable characters...

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Make it a Baldurs gate like rpg. The main quest would be saving the trailer park and side quests would be the crimes to earn to money. Also you could have Conky be like Boo the space hamster.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
A tappy-builder with loonies and toonies being the main currency and hash coins being premium currency. Re-build your own version of Sunnyvale since it's never consistent. As you reach higher levels, you unlock Corey & Trevor's Convenience Store, Kittyland Love Center, Ricky's Used poo poo, The Blanford Recreational Center, the mall with an upgrade which adds Bubbles's cart ditch, bicycle lake, The Dopestream (airstream Ricky grew in), Shitmobile, wrestling ring, Dartmouth Regional Vocational School, supervisor trailer, sam's cave, the dirty burger, etc.

Unlockable costumes. Ricky would have Security guard, Corporal Alexi and DRVS janitor. Bubbles would have the Green Bastard, Spaceman Bubbles and The Scorpion. Randy and Leyhe would have the bumblebee costume and Indianapolis Jones. J-Roc would have straight laced Jamie.

Invade your friend's trailer parks with bottle kids.

Have characters do menial, timed tasks. Randy would mow lawns or eat cheeseburgers for 8 hours. Lahey would do surveillance on the boys for 6 hours and guzzle liquor for 12. Ricky would grow dope, bubbles would play with/train kitties, Ray would collect disability and everyone would have the option to get stoned/drunk.

liquorlanche fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 15, 2014

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
Definitely needs a "Get drunk as gently caress" option in the game.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

liquorlanche posted:

A tappy-builder with loonies and toonies being the main currency and hash coins being premium currency. Re-build your own version of Sunnyvale since it's never consistent. As you reach higher levels, you unlock Corey & Trevor's Convenience Store, Kittyland Love Center, Ricky's Used poo poo, The Blanford Recreational Center, the mall with an upgrade which adds Bubbles's cart ditch, bicycle lake, The Dopestream (airstream Ricky grew in), Shitmobile, wrestling ring, Dartmouth Regional Vocational School, supervisor trailer, sam's cave, the dirty burger, etc.

Unlockable costumes. Ricky would have Security guard, Corporal Alexi and DRVS janitor. Bubbles would have the Green Bastard, Spaceman Bubbles and The Scorpion. Randy and Leyhe would have the bumblebee costume and Indianapolis Jones. J-Roc would have straight laced Jamie.

Invade your friend's trailer parks with bottle kids.

Have characters do menial, timed tasks. Randy would mow lawns or eat cheeseburgers for 8 hours. Lahey would do surveillance on the boys for 6 hours and guzzle liquor for 12. Ricky would grow dope, bubbles would play with/train kitties, Ray would collect disability and everyone would have the option to get stoned/drunk.

How in the gently caress did you manage to spell "Lahey" two completely different ways in the same post?

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

How in the gently caress did you manage to spell "Lahey" two completely different ways in the same post?

Not everyone can get their Grade 10.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014

It wasn't me...

It was the liquor.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I love how every single person they gave hash coins to was perfectly fine with them and happily accepted them as currency.

Including complete random strangers like the secretary at the dentist office and the bus driver.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

You act like you wouldn't gladly accept hash coins as payment.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Lost my poo poo at the "it's raining mah-fuckers" scene.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
It's already up on YouTube! I love those greasy white boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrPCXFERwkc

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Is there a reason why Season 7 seemed so different (worse) from previous seasons? Like they've got better cameras and things look slicker but the whole thing felt like a story reset and I thought the way the show looked before was appropriate.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Because Cory & Trevor were unceremoniously written out of the show after S6 with a horrendous behind-the-scenes explanation and the plot got inexplicably wackier and severely unmoored throughout.

That being said, this is still one of the absolute funniest scenes in the entire history of the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7nHKUAGyC8

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I know this is a thread about season 8, but I just started rewatching the whole series and was reminded of the best subtle joke. In the end of season 2, after Bubbles flips the truck during the police chase, Julian climbs out of the upside-down wreck with his rum and coke still perfectly fine.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

JackBadass posted:

I know this is a thread about season 8, but I just started rewatching the whole series and was reminded of the best subtle joke. In the end of season 2, after Bubbles flips the truck during the police chase, Julian climbs out of the upside-down wreck with his rum and coke still perfectly fine.

I will always love how even in jail, Julian always has a rum and coke in hand. I'm pretty sure he once got pulled over by cops while sipping it and they didn't even mention it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Because Cory & Trevor were unceremoniously written out of the show after S6 with a horrendous behind-the-scenes explanation and the plot got inexplicably wackier and severely unmoored throughout.

That being said, this is still one of the absolute funniest scenes in the entire history of the show:

They weren't in Season 6 either and while it was a decline from the previous seasons, 6 still was pretty funny.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

They weren't in Season 6 either and while it was a decline from the previous seasons, 6 still was pretty funny.

They were in season 6. That's when they had the convenients store.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Something I was confused about was Lahey wanting to be a cop again. Didn't he voluntarily retire and get his job back in the trailer park at the end of season 7?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

frgildan posted:

Something I was confused about was Lahey wanting to be a cop again. Didn't he voluntarily retire and get his job back in the trailer park at the end of season 7?

If I remember right, he had a pension when he was planning on retiring, but then he got arrested at the end of 7 which fired him, and took away his pension.

Being a supervisor for the most hosed up trailer park in Canada probably doesn't give a whole lot of benedicts.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

If you haven't seen it, Don't Legalize It is up on YouTube.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I will always love how even in jail, Julian always has a rum and coke in hand. I'm pretty sure he once got pulled over by cops while sipping it and they didn't even mention it.

The best Julian drink joke was how he actually drank the whole thing for once, in preparation for kissing Mr. Lahey.

Also in Live in Dublin when he boards the plane holding it.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

TheRationalRedditor posted:

This is the scene I use to introduce new viewers to the show. It's also one of the better ways that "meat dick" can enter anyone's vernacular.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
In regards to "Don't Legalize It," The Bubbles side-plot was really intense. First time TPB has brought me close to tears. Loved how they set it up so you get super emotional over the goodbye scene only to be brought right back to the reality of the show, with Lahey and the "white liquor."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

White liquor is the best name for cocaine ever.

• Locked thread