Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Sorry I'm late to the party. I'm on the bone (surprised? ) See whoever's left in the next cod! Also, Destiny is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

Zombie Boat posted:

Sorry I'm late to the party. I'm on the bone (surprised? ) See whoever's left in the next cod! Also, Destiny is fun.

Well, the game's not out yet, so I don't think you're late to a party that hasn't started yet.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Saw a cod elite jeep tonight. Its like seeing a retarded unicorn.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013
Here's some poo poo about the Momentum game mode, which is supposed to be War from WaW.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/09/15/ign-first-reveals-advanced-warfares-momentum-mp-game-mode/

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

A Dire Weresloth posted:

Here's some poo poo about the Momentum game mode, which is supposed to be War from WaW.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/09/15/ign-first-reveals-advanced-warfares-momentum-mp-game-mode/

Very few explosive kills on the flags

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

der juicen posted:

Saw a cod elite jeep tonight. Its like seeing a retarded unicorn.

I've seen two in two different cities: it truly is like seeing a retarded unicorn.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/09/16/lean-feature-will-not-be-returning-in-advanced-warfare/

No leaning in A&W, so be prepared to adjust your strategies accordingly. :downs:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
That's amazing. What gimmick bullshit are they going to require this year for gold camos?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
A $5 micro-transaction perhaps?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

That's amazing. What gimmick bullshit are they going to require this year for gold camos?

50 kills while dashing sideways
50 kills while dashing backwards
50 kills while dashing forwards
50 kills while double jumping
50 kills while an enemy is airborne

Is that good for starters?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

el B posted:

I had every intention of buying that cod Xbox when it came out, but I got blackout drunk this weekend and bought the Destiny ps4 bundle from Amazon. Apparently I was on a manic tirade about call of Duty, how the next game will suck but I'm going to buy it anyway. One thing lead to another and I threatened my friends I was going to "buy a loving ps4 right loving now." A couple of my friends tried to stop me, and not let me use the computer, but I tricked everyone be telling them I was sick and needed to throw up, locked myself in the bathroom while I taunted them from the inside, using the Amazon app on my phone. You've all been there, I'm sure.

Anyway, it looks like I'm getting AW on ps4 now. Also, I have Destiny! If you want play my PSN is poooM (also a result of me being drunk when I bought a ps3 way back when and wanted to be poop machine.)

Cross posting from the other thread.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Cool, I bought the Destiny bundle last week so I will add you.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I'm dumb and I've been having fun playing dress up in Destiny and dealing with the loot grind. I'm genuinely excited to do the same poo poo in COD2K14.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013
List of Cheevos is out. There are 5 more not listed, that'll be revealed with the Co-op mode on the 24th.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/09/19/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-achievement-list-revealed/

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuJdVWBvg44

Ol' Rudy is representing Activision against Manuel Noriega in court.

That was a pretty awesome sentence I just got to type.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius
New promo video, Co-op mode revealed at 1:31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNWvBlu_aWw

Pretty much just looks like Spec Ops mode from MW3 (killing endless waves of bots on multiplayer maps), with the added benefit of those bots now also having exosuits and doing poo poo like cloaking.

Also:

SOURCE:
Mr. Hardcore Gamer
The internet
c.2014

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, I wasn't expecting them to bite Treyarch and go "ZOMBIIIIIES!", but it would've been cool if they could've put their own twist on it. Like terminators or something.

I guess they probably spent enough time on the campaign and the multi that they're probably just busting out the co-op mode in the last couple months. :v:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I appreciate that they didn't go with some dumb gimmick enemy monster like vampires or something. And I'm glad it's not zombies wearing exosuits or something.

That said the Co-op mode sounds a little stale, but hopefully that means they spent more time on campaign and multiplayer.

Here's some info that Charlie Intel posted on Co-op:

Charlie Intel posted:

It supports 1-4 players, including two player split screen

Similar to MW3, you play on the multiplayer maps

You unlock new tiers and maps through playtime

How to unlock each tier? complete 35 rounds (doesn’t have to be in one sitting) to unlock Tier 2, 75 rounds to get Tier 3, and 100 rounds to unlock tier 4.

Exo-Surivial has random objective based rounds, where you have to collect intel off of dead corpses. If you successfully retrieve it, then you earn an extra upgrade. But, there’s also a penalty for failing. If you fail, there’s a penalty. Sometimes a “system hack” kicks in, where your screen goes blurry for a period of time, or sentry guns are dropped in and shot at you for a whole round.
There’s three classes: Light (faster loadout, but less power), Heavy (slower), and Special (between Light and Heavy)

At the end of each round, you get the chance to upgrade your character “post-round upgrades”. You earn points by defeating enemies and completing objectives. To use your points, you have to go to an upgrade station and spend points upgrading exo. There’s an Armory Upgrade to upgrade your weaponry.

On the HUD, there’s a support bar; if you fill it up, then you earn support drops

Highest round an developer at SHGames has reached is 65 rounds

Has a revive mode where you can revive a downed team mate

Character progression is persistent

Supports matchmaking or private lobby play

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Sounds like a cross between zombies and Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

VJeff posted:

I guess they probably spent enough time on the campaign and the multi that they're probably just busting out the co-op mode in the last couple months. :v:

I have a feeling this is exactly what happened. They are just reusing assets from the other game modes. Quick and dirty solution.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I'm okay with it just being survival mode. I would, however, have found it hilarious if they had just strapped some rocket packs and cloaking devices to zombies. Just have them randomly fly through the air would be kinda fun.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

Fibby Boy posted:

I'm okay with it just being survival mode. I would, however, have found it hilarious if they had just strapped some rocket packs and cloaking devices to zombies. Just have them randomly fly through the air would be kinda fun.

We'll see what the new mechanics add to it. I had some good times with Marauder in MW3 survival, and adding a persistent progression mechanic with objective rounds makes this awfully similar to Extinction, really.

Might be a good time, might suck rear end. Time will tell.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I want Advanced Warfare 2 to have something where you beat up robots that have all gone Skynet. No zombies, no aliens. Crazy robots. :colbert:

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Just exosuits running around without anybody in them, like weird spindly robots. Have some dumb story about a hacker virus having taken them over and now you have to destroy them all before they escape the level or something.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There's crossover potential with Five Nights at Freddy's here.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
It might be hearsay but I remember reading about someone claiming to be a SH employee who posted a bunch of stuff to 4chan or something about the game prior to the reveal. Among other things, he mentioned that the studio was still hashing out what they were going to do for the coop mode as of pretty recently. So if that's the case it's not too surprising that the mode seems uninspired.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

I have a feeling this is exactly what happened. They are just reusing assets from the other game modes. Quick and dirty solution.

Sections of BLOPS 2's singleplayer took place on the multiplayer maps. I would say its an efficient solution more then anything.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mill Village posted:

Sections of BLOPS 2's singleplayer took place on the multiplayer maps. I would say its an efficient solution more then anything.

The CoD franchise has always cribbed from the SP campaign for multiplayer maps.
"War Pig" = Bog, and so on. Crossfire, Bloc, Terminal... the list goes on forever.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

A Dire Weresloth posted:

We'll see what the new mechanics add to it. I had some good times with Marauder in MW3 survival, and adding a persistent progression mechanic with objective rounds makes this awfully similar to Extinction, really.

Might be a good time, might suck rear end. Time will tell.

MW3 survival was so bland for all the on-disc maps. 4 different wave progression tiers (difficulties) that were pretty much just introducing harder enemies a little earlier than the tier below.

The two things that made it work were 1) Each DLC map had their own unique wave progression and threw out the concept of difficulty level and 2) The sentry glitch that allowed you to hold as many weapons as you wanted (ie all 4 LMGs, a MK14, and a riot shield).

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEWiNR6qXxw

AW Grenades video.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Spike grenade looks pretty cool.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think the Variable Grenade is going to be the best choice. Why pick one when you can have them all?

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Mill Village posted:

I think the Variable Grenade is going to be the best choice. Why pick one when you can have them all?

Yeah, after watching the video I can't really see any downsides outside of it being kinda slower and having to cycle through to find what you want. Hopefully they were smart enough to put in some other downside because otherwise it's all anyone will ever use. Maybe when equipped you only get just one grenade, whereas with the others you get two? Or maybe the effects are smaller than the dedicated version of the grenade (less radius or whatnot).

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Slower to use was the reason I used stun grenades over flash bangs in many CODs despite their smaller radius, so that's a significant downside. Being able to cycle through reads a lot better on paper than will likely play out in game. You'll probably just stick with one launcher after the 10th time you get killed while cycling.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
In the E3 footage, the blurbs for the regular non-lethal grenade mentioned they could be "manually detonated" and the variable grenade specifically mentioned that they couldn't. Not that that seems like a huge advantage, though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
If you can detonate it in mid-air, it'll be a sweet air-burst grenade. :getin:

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

JackGeneric posted:

In the E3 footage, the blurbs for the regular non-lethal grenade mentioned they could be "manually detonated" and the variable grenade specifically mentioned that they couldn't. Not that that seems like a huge advantage, though.

I'm wondering if the manual-detonation frag is meant to be the replacement for a C4 airburst.

CharlieIntel is streaming CODAW right now from some gaming event or another. http://www.twitch.tv/charlieintel

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

A Dire Weresloth posted:

I'm wondering if the manual-detonation frag is meant to be the replacement for a C4 airburst.

No doubt. It's just as well, it being hard to huck C4 60 feet straight up. I look forward to playing Missile Command with Frags.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

A Dire Weresloth posted:

Only the non-lethal grenades (stun, EMP, threat, and smoke) mentioned that they could be manually detonated, so I'm not getting my hopes up for airburst frag or semtex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Gameplay shows manual det frags.

• Locked thread