Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote 100Yrs

We learned nothing yesterday because somb decided to fakeclaim Survivor. Today is day 1 again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I just read what Doe Day is...

We need to also vote on who should hammer. I'm willing to hammer.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

merk posted:

I just read what Doe Day is...

We need to also vote on who should hammer. I'm willing to hammer.

You should hammer if you're volunteering. The hammer should be a vanilla, and we don't want to many people speaking up as vanilla since it will allow the scum to key in on power roles that way. You're volunteered, you hammer, scum still don't have a full picture of the town power roles.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I would definitely like to have merk confirmed.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Having merk confirmed would be nice but maybe we should try to bully someone we suspect as scum to hammer?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Puntification posted:

Having merk confirmed would be nice but maybe we should try to bully someone we suspect as scum to hammer?

I would like Krell to hammer.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I don't understand why you all rushed to cuddle somb yesterday. I could have vigged him, we had an extra 24 hours.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

I would like Krell to hammer.

I agree with this.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I kind of want Ernie to hammer.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
##elliot moor day

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Is elliot moore famous in the US or something?
##holiday lexicon day

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhmEo-46vUQ

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Despite watching that when the thread was discussing it, I'd completely forgotten his character's name.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

##elliot moore day

I'm ok with forcing a player to hammer, but only if it's understood that once we agree to force them, we don't stop because of a claim. We have 3 votes on 100yrs so far; I'd suggest we put him to 4 and pick the next scummiest player to hammer. If they don't within a certain timeframe (12 hours), we lynch them instead. The timeframe ensures we're not waiting at deadline and they can cause a no lynch.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

If we're going to force a hammer from someone, I'd say make it a lurker after some thought. That's the best way we can get a read on lurkers. Bottom three posting are Krell, Dragon, and Ernie.

We've got two votes to make Krell hammer, and one vote for Ernie. Should we say five votes forces a person to hammer?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I'm fine with holding off my vote until it comes to hammer if need be. Only qualm I have with switching to someone reticent to drop the hammer is that they might be a Town PR and not scum, but that seems relatively unlikely and since either way next day's functionally LYLO, that is a risk that basically has to be taken if we want to get anywhere.

##holiday Elliot Moore day for a good movie.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

I'm fine with holding off my vote until it comes to hammer if need be. Only qualm I have with switching to someone reticent to drop the hammer is that they might be a Town PR and not scum, but that seems relatively unlikely and since either way next day's functionally LYLO, that is a risk that basically has to be taken if we want to get anywhere.

Do you have any opinions of the players, though? You're saying you're ok to be the hammer, but not making any statements about who you'd want to see lynched today.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i would like to kill mr years

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Byers2142 posted:

Do you have any opinions of the players, though?

Of Krell and Ernie? Not really, no. I should probably go back and re-read their posts again looking for stuff that stands out, but I'm more inclined to suspect Krell of the two right now. For whatever little that means.

In general? It's going to sound super "me too"-y, to the point where saying it at this point is highly redundant, but definitely 100yrs stands out as the top suspect at the moment. He was highest on my list at the end of the first day, even with Somber's fakeclaim, and what little attempts he made to defend himself came off as more attempts at deflection and trying to push the conversation towards someone else more than actually explaining anything.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

##elliot moore day

I'm ok with forcing a player to hammer, but only if it's understood that once we agree to force them, we don't stop because of a claim. We have 3 votes on 100yrs so far; I'd suggest we put him to 4 and pick the next scummiest player to hammer. If they don't within a certain timeframe (12 hours), we lynch them instead. The timeframe ensures we're not waiting at deadline and they can cause a no lynch.

This is a good idea, I'm leaning krell as well.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Puntification posted:

This is a good idea, I'm leaning krell as well.

(to hammer)

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I like this plan as well. Should I put the fourth vote down, then?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Byers2142 posted:

...personality flaw.

Trust me when I say it is, any game of mine no matter the alliance, has me writing the same way.

Puntification posted:

Cheerleading rarity's candy giving is suspect position, I think stuff like candy giving are situations where the scum consider more carefully what their behaviour says about their alignment and we can expect them potentially to act more conservatively, it's interesting that 100yrs feels the need to tell me there are good pro-town reasons to keep candy it seems defensive to me because of this...

Their initial position is quite different:

So giving is town but...

Scumslip?
So yeah I think ##vote 100yrs is our best option.

A lack of self-confidence is town as far as I'm concerned. Since you've got nothing to rely on it's healthy to have self doubt, I find it's scum who are far more zealous in their approach to the game.

I'll be clear here: while it may seem contradictory what I said you could understand why town would keep their candy. It's pro town because our crucial power roles needed one to function. Scum probably figured that out and decided to go after the players who were claiming the very thing.

Town, when vanilla, can easily give candy away cause they have no night action to worry about. Scum can't give one away for the same reason.

I thought that was all pretty obvious but clearly I have way different ways of perceiving things.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

apostateCourier posted:

I like this plan as well. Should I put the fourth vote down, then?

Yeah we can decide who hammers afterwards.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##vote 100yrs

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

##lexicon day

##vote 100yrs

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
lolllll nice one

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Doesn't that mean we get the flip anyway?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
yeah, his flip. he prevented a town from being confirmed though.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

uranus posted:

yeah, his flip. he prevented a town from being confirmed though.

Or a scum being revealed.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
no scum would have hammered knowing they would be revealed, but yeah, we could have seen who refused to hammer.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm basically the best at mafia.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

merk posted:

I'm basically the best at mafia.

That av can't lie.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

100yrs stands on the stage in the center of town, a hood over his head. Mayor Mac stands next to him, holding a sharpened axe.

"The man being executed today will take his secrets to his grave," says the Mayor. "We will honor and appreciate this sacrifice as we also unveil the secrets of his executioner! Now, who will step up to the plate, take this axe from my hand, and tell the world who they truly are! Who will be this man's death-dealer!"

Suddenly, 100yrs removes his hood and snatches the axe.

"IT WAS ME," he screams. "IT WAS ME ALLLL ALONGGGGG!!!"

Then he sends the axe into his own throat. Blood spurts everywhere, then he pulls out the axe and swings it back into the wound. He does it a third time and his head rolls off and onto the ground. Out of the neck hole comes a note - a signed mafia contract.

100yrsofattitude, Scum Roleblocker, has been lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2. Please submit night actions ASAP.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mayor Mac stands in the center of town and holds up a bag that seems to be red and dripping with liquid. He throws it on the ground and out comes a pile of body parts and a small gleaming badge.

Puntification, Town Cop, has been killed Night 2.

"Sad day," the Mayor weeps, "Punt was a good man and a good cop. BUT MOVING ON, today we celebrate another good man, the savior of mankind. When just months ago we were attacked by the flora of the world a man named Elliot Moore came from seemingly nowhere and, with his vapid wife and stolen child, helped talk down the menace of the trees. He was like a reverse Lorax, I guess. All of us remember the greatest part of his tale, when Moore stood in and abandoned home and spoke to a plastic tree for all of us. Today, we honor that.

"Posts may be made ONLY by making voice recordings and posting a link them. A post that contains normal text will result in an instant modkill. Urls to the recording must be posted sans formatting (i.e. using the url BBcode to create a link to a recording that is anything other than the url will result in a modkill). Bolded vote text is unaffected by this rule.

"Happy hunting, townsfolk!"

The Mayor opens a portal into another dimension and appears inside.

Today's Holiday Choices
Election Day
Language Day
Memorial Day

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 17, 2014

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (8): 100YrsofAttitude, apostateCourier, Byers2142, Dragonatrix, Ernie., Harold Krell, merk, uranus

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 19th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
:ghost: Nooooooo :ghost:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Ernie

Byers2142
May 5, 2011