Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Much respect to Hurt, who wrote this and told me to start it up.

Fan fiction is what literature might look like if it were reinvented from scratch after a nuclear apocalypse by a band of brilliant pop-culture junkies trapped in a sealed bunker. They don't do it for money. That's not what it's about. The writers write it and put it up online just for the satisfaction. They're fans, but they're not silent, couch-bound consumers of media. The culture talks to them, and they talk back to the culture in its own language. - Lev Grossman

As long as fiction has existed, fanfiction has been one step behind. Dante's Inferno is just one big crossover fiction between Homer and the Bible. One could make the argument that Greek Mythology, and really a lot of religion, came to be through a combination of fan fiction and oral storytelling. But those actually have some merit and that's not at all what this game is about.

(all photos found, naturally, on Deviatart)

Instead, jump forward to the 1960's and a little show called Star Trek, the granddaddy of modern fan culture. Fans of Star Trek would write little newsletters and zines in which they would talk about their favorite show. Most importantly, these fanmade newsletters would feature stories by fans who just could not get enough of the spacefaring adventures of the USS Enterprise and its fearless crew. Starfleet had pledged their mission to boldly go where no man had gone before, and that extended in fans minds into the personal lives of the crew of the Enterprise. A few fans came to the conclusion that Spock and Kirk were more than just good friends, and started writing stories about their romantic encounters. And thus "shipping" was born, basically the act of imagining two characters in a fictional relationship.

For the longest time this was kept in the background. Of course there were always the odd cases. There was the Tiny Toons Adventure fan who kept harrassing the voice actress of Babs' bunny with his fanfiction and weird letters. (He and other obsessive fans were later lampooned in the excellent Animaniacs bit "Please, Please, Please Get a Life Foundation." All of the fan quotes are taken from an actual online document maintained by fans). There was that weird cult in Russia obsessed with the female mouse from Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers. But until the mid to late 90's all of that was kept more to the sidelines of the internet until the advent of major collections of fanworks like fanfiction.net.

This game is intended to be a celebration of Fanfiction. Fanfiction can be weird. Fanfiction can be hilarious. Fanfiction can be completely and totally disgusting. This game will be all of these things and more. I have scoured the internet (with the help of 8 bux) to find some weird and insane stories out there for the roles. Weird romantic relationships? You've got it. Complete disregard for tragic historic events? Sure. Complete disregard for sexual/societal taboos? Certainly.

Like Fanfiction, this game itself will be weird and bizarre. :siren:THIS IS GOING TO BE A ROLE MADNESS GAME. TASTE HAS MADE A WHOLE BUNCH OF CRAZY ROLES. THIS MIGHT NOT BE THE MOST BALANCED GAME, BUT IT MOST CERTAINLY WILL BE EXTREMELY INTERESTING. JUST KNOW FOREWARNED THAT THIS GAME WILL BE BONKERS.:siren: Also, there will be challenges every day for a chance for fantastic extra abilities.

This Game will be for 26 or more players (depending on interest). It will be modded by Tremendous Taste and myself. Please come on in, like or follow the story if you are interested, and no trolling please.

Rules (stolen from Little Mac)
No editing your posts.
No talking OOT unless you are able to do so.
Don't post your role PM.
Don't spectator-post.
Don't post after hammers or daykills.
Don't post after dying.
Don't encrypt your posts, make Toxx clauses, or play Truth or Dare.
Don't lurk. I will tell you if I don't think you're posting enough. There will be punishment for lurkers!!
Be nice!

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Taste has made some amazing roles for this thread. This will either end up in a hilarious trainwreck or an incredible triumph but either way it will be a lot of fun.

Player list.
  1. Adus
  2. anime gently caress pillow
  3. Asiina
  4. Big Nothing
  5. Byers2142
  6. CapnAndy
  7. chaoslord
  8. DuckHuntDog
  9. Dugong
  10. Ernie.
  11. fiery_valkyrie
  12. Hal Incandenza
  13. JakeP
  14. Jefepato
  15. Kitiara
  16. Kumbamontu
  17. Little Mac
  18. Magnus Gallant
  19. Meinberg
  20. merk
  21. MildManeredManikin
  22. Mills
  23. mr.capps
  24. Opopanax
  25. Pinterest Mom
  26. Poque
  27. Power of Pecota
  28. Propaganda Machine
  29. Puntification
  30. Rarity
  31. soscannonballs
  32. uranus
  33. winvirus
  34. Your Personal Muse
  35. yuming

Dr. Hurt fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 17, 2014

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

incredible

Dr. Hurt posted:

trainwreck

Dr. Hurt posted:

it will be a lot of fun.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im signing up for this because i know you guys will do the right thing and make me goku

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
This is it... this is the last Mafia game I will ever sign up for. Let's do this.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Sounds good to me

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
hell yes

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ugh fine

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hi

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
2x5/5x2 is my favourite FYI please make me that.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

who's ready for fanfic confessions

i was super into harry potter twincest fics when i was a teenager.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

who's ready for fanfic confessions

i was super into harry potter twincest fics when i was a teenager.

Asiina posted:

2x5/5x2 is my favourite FYI please make me that.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I've never actually read a fanfic.

:getin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I know you got some brony fanfic in there for me :getin:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I was a teenager before the internet happened so I missed the whole fan-fic thing.

Also Kirk and Spock look underaged in that picture so now I am thoroughly disturbed.

Sign me up!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I was a teenager before the internet happened so I missed the whole fan-fic thing.

Also Kirk and Spock look underaged in that picture so now I am thoroughly disturbed.

Sign me up!

the bronte sisters wrote fan fiction

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It's okay they are really 500 year old beings in a 9 year old anime body.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

mr.capps posted:

the bronte sisters wrote fan fiction

what a bunch of nerds

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

quote isn't edit, idiot

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I saw that Taste.

Worst mod. Game is terrible. Modkill pls.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
FANFICTION?!

PAGE 8 OF 682

(not a signup post sorry)

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

#mills

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Jon Joe posted:

FANFICTION?!

PAGE 8 OF 682

(not a signup post sorry)

You need to keep bringing this back until you've done all 682 pages.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

:henget:

This is magnificent.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
I should not be signing up for this. I have no choice but to anyway.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Meinberg posted:

I've never actually read a fanfic.

:getin:

Just for you, once the game starts I will share so of the very best snippets.

You're welcome.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

You're welcome.

You might want to hoard some of the very best snippets for when the daily contests start. Wouldn't want to give away a free action because someone else used some of your prime material.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

You're welcome.

I did once write some Garfield fanfic, where he was a delusion of John Wilkes Booth.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Did you mean to say Charles Guiteau?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Dr. Hurt posted:

You might want to hoard some of the very best snippets for when the daily contests start. Wouldn't want to give away a free action because someone else used some of your prime material.

Even the Optimus Prime one where he has pictures of all his favorite sexual partners inside his rear end?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Nah I think you should share that one now to entice some folks who might be on the fence to join.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ok, wait one, I need to remember what particular cesspit I stumbled across that one in.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok, but whoever has a vig please kill me asap. Preferably before I even confirm

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Are we required to keep our fanfic SFW because if so I won't be able to use any of the ones I know.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Asiina posted:

Are we required to keep our fanfic SFW

Hahahahahahahajajajajhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahhahaahahahahahahaha

Everything is fair game.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ok, found it, it's worse than I remember. Here it goes, this is going to be in parts. I need whiskey.

:nws: :nms:

No, really, this is bad.

:nws: :nms:

Love Beyond Circuits, Love Beyond Parts

[I'm cutting out most of this loving thing. Look, Jabba the Hutt works with Megatron, enslaves Optimus Prime, and is making him have sex with Princess Leia in a stadium. Then this happens.]

R2-D2 aproached Optimus and asked permission to land.

"Granted my fellow cilindrical pal, you can enter my dark caves of mystery." said Optimus.

"Blip Blop Blop!" said R2-D2. This was his first time loving a robot. He was completely virgin, and was very ashamed he had to expose his intimacy in front of an audience of millions. But their lifes were at stake, so he must swallow all of his prejudcies and engage full head in this life altering experience.

"Leia" said Optimus," hang on!" and Leia hold very harder Optmus dick. Optimus got up a bit and gave space to R2-D2. Leia was hanging on Optimus dick while R2-D2 seached the best cordinates to penetrate Optimus experimental anus. Luckly for him, Prime's anus was automated to adjust the best diameter for foreign objects entering him.R2-D2 positioned and Optimus seated on him.

R2 was shaking and freightened. Optimus anal cavity was dark and moist, had some loose wires and was rusting from inside. He started to think sex was not made to coward robots like him.

"Don't be afraid" said Optimus to R2 "I'll help you!" and Optimus bowels lights got on. Everything wwas iluminated and R2 really saw what it really was. A beautifully adorned rectum, full of portraits of Prime's human friends that already visited the place. A camera apppeared from a wall and photographed R2-D2, and immediatelly put a portrait of him on a the bowel wall.

R2-D2 got very placid and calm. After he saw those happy faces on the portraits, he knew Optimus would never hurt him inside there. So, R2 looked around and found a button. It was an elevator button, that raised him up in the bowels. R2 arrived at a tight place, where his metal body got stucked. At first R2 got scaried, but them, the elevator got down, and got up, and down, and up, making a sine wave pattern movement with R2-D2. R2 thought a bit, and felt a pleasure down his electrical circuits and optical cables. Anal sex is like this? If it is, he really like a lot! He was upping and downowing, rubbing inside Optimus upper bowel. Paraffin wax got sprayed over R2 to help lubricate.

Optimus bowel's walls were made of carbon nanotubes covered with soft pinky pillows of pure petunia's cotton. They ajusted on the fly the pressure over R2 body and the elevator speed, acording to R2-D2 willingness to go deeper with his innermost sexual fantasies. At first R2 wanted togo slow, to fell the texture on his metal cover. But latter, his inhibition got away, and the elevator got faster, and Optimus got a surprise for him. Neon gas tubes apeared on the walls, and a range of different colors illuminate inside Optimus's rear end with all colors of the spectrum. It was a really shame R2-D2 couldn't smell the daisy fragance permeating Optimus Prime's anus. R2 had no nose.

As R2-D2 was a robot, even infrared and ultraviolet colors appeared, and that profusion of rainbow happyness filled R2-D2 with the purest passion he never had from his robotic pairs. He always was considered the freak of the robot school. Every robot dispised him, because of his adventurous ambition. He wanted to see the stars, the other life forms. He didn1t want to be a hamburger frying slave all of his life, doing menial tasks that no one would remember in the future. No, he wanted to be remembered, wanted to leave a mark on history.

His robotic schoolmates were just stupid for him, so he picked fights all the grades he did. Trouble was hhis name and no one loved him, because no one approved his future plans for his life. But finally, he found someone robot that can see him from inside, someone that want to please him, that wants to give a hand and collect nothing in return. C3-PO is his friend, but Optimus is his lover.

To return the favour to Optimus opening his eyes to the sexual lust all robots should have in their lifes, R2-D2 started to expell small shock waves inside Optimus bowel, giving the Autobot the most tender demonstration of love and gratitute he ever recieved in his life. This action reflected at Optimus penis, that got slightly more elongated, something that pleased Leia:

"Optimus Prime" said Princess Leia with a sensual voice, "you are a very horny individual!"

[Things continue, until Optimus Prime ends with loving Princess Leia with Jar Jar Binks's severed, pickled dick. Seriously, this is worse than I loving remembered.]

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Excellent.

Do I go with the 30 part digimon dungeon bondage epic or the one where Cid from FF7 has sex with a chocobo.

Or perhaps the gorey yet romantic creation of Dry Bones.

So many choices.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

BTW, not going to be in parts. You got all your getting from me pregame, I am not prepared for the travesty this game will be.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I already know what I'm using. You have been warned. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'll just make my own fanfic. Oh yes, it'll be glorious.

• Locked thread