Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Glazius posted:

Well, more in the sense of the Walrider taking on a host who isn't shackled to life support which presumably restricts its range. The outside journo who nobody will suspect has been indoctrinated in the asylum, and who's only there because the whistle got blown.

Well, that argues that the Walrider has control and not the host. I can't say anything else until Whistleblower ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

Heart Thumping Field Trip
BIG PANIC?
Unrelated to Outlast, but the first (test?) episode of Spec Ops is up. Sorry for the lack of a thread. Also sorry for the shamelessness of plugging LP Y in the thread for LP X.

Whistleblower'll get continued within the week, so thats cool

e: Well oops. That's what I get for not paying attention. Fixed.

DumbRodent fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 20, 2014

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

DumbRodent posted:

Unrelated to Outlast, but the first (test?) episode of Spec Ops is up.

Uh, that doesn't appear to be an LP of Spec Ops... ("Metrico & Minimalism feat. Alex from The Dex")

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DumbRodent posted:

Unrelated to Outlast, but the first (test?) episode of Spec Ops is up.

My, what a lovely neckbeard you have.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaxEzuaYSlk

The actual thing.

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.

This is the playable character from Whistleblower right?

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

BIG PANIC?

V!ntar posted:

This is the playable character from Whistleblower right?

Judging from the getup Waylon had at the start he probably does have a pretty magical beard.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
So, anyway, I only just started watching/reading the LP, and I'm only on Chapter 4, but I want to thank you for keeping the jump-scare time-log. I'm -terrible- with jump scares, they're almost physically uncomfortable to me, so your timer guide helps immensely, OP.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I really hope Waylon's face isn't all screwed up and hamburgered like all the other Variants.

Since he seems to be mostly lucid hopefully his face is similarly mostly alright?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
My only comment on the specops video so far is to be careful not to offer too much commentary- even more than Outlast, the game really speaks for itself. Because it's not in first person, emotive commentary is going to be more jarring to the audience because we won't identify with it or the protagonist in the same way.

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

BIG PANIC?
Yeah, even just rewatching it myself I can tell I'm talking far too much. It'll take some time to get used to it, definitely!

I'll focus on finishing Whistleblower for now, I'd hate to leave it unfinished for long.

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

BIG PANIC?
Episode Twelve- Cook --Video!--
Documents & Notes

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Well, that was certainly alarming...

ares5566
Dec 14, 2012

I'm out there clicking cookies 8 hours a day, so that you can have a roof over your head and food on your table.
And this is the thanks I get?!
Back in the main game if you hadn't retrieved your camera could you have progressed if you knew your way through the pitch-black void or does the game stop you somehow?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

ares5566 posted:

Back in the main game if you hadn't retrieved your camera could you have progressed if you knew your way through the pitch-black void or does the game stop you somehow?

The game literally will not let you go in there without the camera.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

How do all these psychos build up these..."territories" so quickly and efficiently? Walker had his head library in the head library (ha), Dr. Trager had his clinic, and this guy has his kitchen, ready to go.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
In both games, you're unconscious/strapped down for an indeterminate period of time after the Resonance Cascade Event.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

In both games, you're unconscious/strapped down for an indeterminate period of time after the Resonance Cascade Event.

Yep! And I think it's probably not too demanding to think that these dudes either mapped out their spots way ahead of time or were just drawn to an area. Cannibal in the kitchen, the Dr in the clinic.

Louispul5
Oct 10, 2012

Speedball posted:

How do all these psychos build up these..."territories" so quickly and efficiently? Walker had his head library in the head library (ha), Dr. Trager had his clinic, and this guy has his kitchen, ready to go.

I don't think Walker had a territory, to be fair. He sorta was everywhere, since his entire mission was along the lines of "Kill everyone and everything to maintain containment."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
You look so silky.

Let me just... I need to tell you a secret.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

How Waylon's feet aren't cut to ribbons from all that broken glass I don't know.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Hey, if Miles got though the first game minus two fingers, I think Waylon can get away with a few cuts on his feet.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Did the cook just crawl after us into the crematorium and burn to death?

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

BIG PANIC?

Glazius posted:

Did the cook just crawl after us into the crematorium and burn to death?

No, he's still running about. It wouldn't do to have a stalker disposed of that easily.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

The cook probably freaked me out more than Chris. I think it was the whirring blade thing.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Cookie had the whirr-whirr of his blade, Walker had the jingle-jangle of his Chains, Trager had the snip-snip of his scissors... I'm pretty sure, of all your stalkers, only the Twins are dead silent when they stalk you.

VV Well, then, that's his audio tell! :v: "When I was a boy, my mother often said to me..."

resurgam40 fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Sep 5, 2014

ares5566
Dec 14, 2012

I'm out there clicking cookies 8 hours a day, so that you can have a roof over your head and food on your table.
And this is the thanks I get?!

resurgam40 posted:

Cookie had the whirr-whirr of his blade, Walker had the jingle-jangle of his Chains, Trager had the snip-snip of his scissors... I'm pretty sure, of all your stalkers, only the Twins are dead silent when they stalk you.

The upcoming one doesn't technically have an audio tell but he talks too much.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Is everything okay? :ohdear:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

azren posted:

The Walrider got to him and now he's ambiguously floating around and killing disturbingly naked people.

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

BIG PANIC?

azren posted:

Yeah, sorry- I wound up getting busier than expected working the Destiny launch, and other life stuff kind of got in the way of getting the next episode out.
Turns out I'm not so great at keeping a schedule! Should be getting something up soon. :shobon:

e: VV
Ha! I love it! He's so enthusiastic.
I'm sticking that in the OP soon as I get computer access!

Also, Ryan Gooseling, I dig your username and avatar. :cheers:

DumbRodent fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 17, 2014

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Just starting out, so I apologize if this was mentioned but an early message in the game lists the main characters email, and it is a valid account. So I shot him an email.

Lindy Hopscotch
Mar 30, 2010

You know the story about the scorpion and the frog?

just saying, you might want to censor your email in that screenshot :O

also, DumbRodent, love the LP and hope to see more soon :D take your time

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
It's absurdly easy to track me down. I stopped hiding ages ago. Appreciate the heads up though!

GladRagKraken
Mar 27, 2010
Just marathoned this. Wow. Very well done.

I liked the ending quite a bit, particularly how reminiscent it was of Night of the Living Dead. I was also unconvinced by the nanomachines explanation in the best of possible ways. I'm sure it helped that the bit of foreshadowing line "When a modern man encounters magic, he assumes it is technology" was still banging around my head. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be a jab at Metal Gear, but it's fun to construe it that way.

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

BIG PANIC?
^
Fantastic! I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

Episode Thirteen- Partaking and Sharing --Video!--
Documents & Notes
Really sorry for the sporadic updates. I'll try my best to be a little more consistent...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The greatest irony of this LP is how soothing your own voice is. You could do hypnosis videos.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

DumbRodent posted:

Really sorry for the sporadic updates. I'll try my best to be a little more consistent...

That's not going to be good enough. As a consumer I feel betrayed by your lack of consistent updates and have reported you to Chip Cheezum, Geop, Lowtax and the better business bureau for malpractice and betraying the consumers trust. You're not going to be able to post your lp's anywhere after this.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Sep 18, 2014

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Also: "Go away! This is my place!" I think this is the first fully verifiable Murkoff employee we've met who definitely is not a patient, certainly the first one dressed as a guard.

I really wish we had a knife to cut a path through all those plastic hallways...

Louispul5
Oct 10, 2012
Sub-dermal Combustion!? Jesus, those nanomachines are not getting FDA approval any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.

Speedball posted:

The greatest irony of this LP is how soothing your own voice is. You could do hypnosis videos.

Mr. Rodent is actually the mind behind the Engine :colbert:

Also, this thread is the highest rated active thread in the subforum!

• Locked thread