Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Glorgnole posted:

make it tweet too

still following https://twitter.com/YosVape

i have an idea for a project but i need to do more research, so everybody should help me think of 2-4-player versus-style games that ARE NOT any of the following

- fighting
- shooters
- racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

MiniFoo posted:

2-4-player versus-style games that ARE NOT any of the following

- fighting
- shooters
- racing
guitar hero, demolition derby, wii and non wii sports

movax
Aug 30, 2008

shameful

(the lack of tweets)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
welp so the UE4 engine comes complete with a UE4 prequesites msi installer included with it and if i put with the game it all works! wow i wish i knew this earliuer

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
there was a twitter feed for the yostop too btw

also i sorta finished this

next im going to turn a marvel super heroes into a progear no arashi

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
so i got my arduino micro breakout made finally and got it from OSHPark (its like the super carrier that the stamps use, but for arduino, adds nice spots for rs232/dmx/regulator/terminals for 5v, common connectors,etc

doing testing today, and the rs232 is bein weird. I can get rs232 out of the arduino, but can't seem to send it in. I moved it all back to the breadboard, and it checks out ok. I checked my eagle file, and all is ok there. i guess i'll do a more through ringout of the socket tomorrow but wtf mate

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

A Yolo Wizard posted:

there was a twitter feed for the yostop too btw

also i sorta finished this

next im going to turn a marvel super heroes into a progear no arashi

gently caress yeah darkstalkers

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Symbolic Butt posted:

gently caress yeah darkstalkers

my wife will not shut up about this game and constantly implores me to find it on emulator

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

my wife will not shut up about this game and constantly implores me to find it on emulator

goodwife

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Glorgnole posted:

build a system pf pneumatic beer bottle delivery pipes into your residence, with receptacles by every couch.

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

hello this is my idiot spare time javascript megaman clone that i've been working on. controls are configurable in options menu. its not complete yet so shut the gently caress up!!!!! http://executive-man.com/

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

CamH posted:

hello this is my idiot spare time javascript megaman clone that i've been working on. controls are configurable in options menu. its not complete yet so shut the gently caress up!!!!! http://executive-man.com/

owns

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
that's cool, it's running super slow on my pc though

and also it's kinda weird to be able to shoot so many pellets, in megaman you can only get like 3 shots on the screen at the same time

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

CamH posted:

Nice!

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

yeah I am terrible sorry also the shooting thing is like that for the auto shoot on mobile devices try going to the site on a phone or w/e

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

dark stalkers is a Quality Fightin Game and you should get it for her

pretty sure there's mame roms

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

rotor posted:

dark stalkers is a Quality Fightin Game and you should get it for her

pretty sure there's mame roms

there are

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
current roguelike status: tilemap generation done and set with lovely temp tiles

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think that your dungeon generation code is a lot cooler than yet another goddamned roguelike and it deserves to be put into something more interesting :geno:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
like a sex dungeon simulator

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
you have been hosed by a grue

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

i think that your dungeon generation code is a lot cooler than yet another goddamned roguelike and it deserves to be put into something more interesting :geno:

sounds like you got a garbage opinion for clowns

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

rotor posted:

please dont post my DLC titles

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

rotor posted:

with the lights out, obviously

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Mido posted:

goodwife

ballmer??

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

CamH posted:

this is sweet

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

CamH posted:

pretty good

running feels slow and I think mega man jumped a littler higher but then it might be the level layouts. Hitbox on the bullets is smaller than I remember.

Thank you for this. Please keep me posted.

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

syntaxrigger posted:

pretty good

running feels slow and I think mega man jumped a littler higher but then it might be the level layouts. Hitbox on the bullets is smaller than I remember.

Thank you for this. Please keep me posted.

hi thanks for the feedback, it might be slow depending on the browser - google chrome has had particularly bad canvas performance the last few releases. firefox, safari, and ie11 generally do a lot better. running at full speed, the game is running the same constants as megaman 3. jumping is another thing that changed depending on which megaman you were playing. 1, 2, and 3 all had their own constants for jumping, and 4, 5, 6 all shared the same constants (which were different from 1, 2, and 3). I'm using the constants from megaman 3 here. not sure about the hitboxes on the bullets i just winged it there but will pay closer attention the next time i am looking at one of the actual megaman games

CamH fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Sep 18, 2014

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hwo fuckin awesome is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBPBRtZwNPY
its using particle effects as a "paint brush" on 3d models. I'm jus fuckin around with the trial you can do some cool poo poo

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
noice!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah check this poo poo out (slow loadin pic from imguyr)

the first one i completely painted it a matte black (thats the default mesh and the default background)

used a particle brush with a medium size and the "sand storm" preset to paint pink

used the "rain" present and a smaller brush to paint the rain blue

i mean yeah some fiddling with paramters but that was 3 steps. a single "stroke" (holding down mouse for seconds) each between each

neato. such a poor artist can produce something that looks decent so easy

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Sep 18, 2014

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

hwo fuckin awesome is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBPBRtZwNPY
its using particle effects as a "paint brush" on 3d models. I'm jus fuckin around with the trial you can do some cool poo poo

ahhh gently caress that physics based corrosion simulation

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

yeah check this poo poo out (slow loadin pic from imguyr)

the first one i completely painted it a matte black (thats the default mesh and the default background)

used a particle brush with a medium size and the "sand storm" preset to paint pink

used the "rain" present and a smaller brush to paint the rain blue

i mean yeah some fiddling with paramters but that was 3 steps. a single "stroke" (holding down mouse for seconds) each between each

neato. such a poor artist can produce something that looks decent so easy

your space marine went to a color run

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Sep 18, 2014

longview
Dec 25, 2006

heh.
got my panel ethernet jacks the other day, interestingly they had a foil shield inside, and multi-core copper conductors in a non-standard but not random colour scheme; also they forgot to include the screws this time so that was annoying

how do people actually make square holes using hand tools? i literally had to spend about 30 minutes with a small square file and a leatherman to get from a couple of drill holes to a square I could fit the jack in

anyway, the repeater stack is now wired up, that part worked on the first try, but it still jumps off frequency when keying up when its cold so that needs looking in to, the PLL loop filter is way off where it should be.
it's possible I can do something to the VCO to linearize the frequency-voltage relationship, i suspect it's been thrown off by my frequency range mod and that's making it much harder to tune than normal

finally, i can hear the repeater send IDs and time messages in my office, but there's no way I can reach it from there, so once I've finished this and built my 4-channel high precision RF voltmeter/SWR meter I'm gonna get on to rebuilding a Panasonic NMT mobile phone/door stop. that has a 25W PA stage so if I can convert it to digital that'll work, and look ballin' on my desk

panasonic project will likely be the most expensive one yet, I'll need custom PCBs so replace the old logic board and I might have to make major changes to the RF stages since it looks to be mostly canned modules that may be hard to modify

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

longview posted:

how do people actually make square holes using hand tools?

longview posted:

spend about 30 minutes with a small square file and a leatherman

if it's thin metal you can also use a punch, sometimes

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 18, 2014

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

longview posted:

how do people actually make square holes using hand tools? i literally had to spend about 30 minutes with a small square file and a leatherman to get from a couple of drill holes to a square I could fit the jack in

Depends on the size of the hole.

You can use a some sort of reciprocating saw (like a jigsaw or a coping saw) or a band saw. Cut a circle or rounded rectangle (drill a starting hole, stick sawblade through, cut out overall shape), and then just cut into where you want a corner to be, back the saw out of the cut, and then cut to the same point from a perpendicular angle. Repeat for each corner.

Or use a chisel to cut away square layers until you have a square hole. Or cut a circle/rounded rectangle and then use a chisel to square it.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 18, 2014

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

it's baaaaaaaaack

time to resume our bbs adventures

this time we're doing it right. no windows VM jank - it's not necessary. What we do have this time around is my coreOS cluster.

so, the entire bbs is running in an ubuntu docker container that I can move around. the filesystem is exported so I can read the little LoRD score text files and tweet them or whatever

also i now understand the process well enough to install any BBS door game using dosemu and have it work. actually, any dos text game, period

hooking a mud/mush/whatever up should be pretty easy to do as well

end game is to have two or three BBS systems running diff software that are all on the cluster, and an haproxy in front will do all the dirty work

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

so are we banned from dovenet yet

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Luigi Thirty posted:

so are we banned from dovenet yet

nope.

lmao

supposedly some dude took over the WWiV source a bit ago and it's at 5.0 and WWiVNet is resurrected

o_O

also theres this entirely new school qwk net called Whispernet still finding out more info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
in as pisslord