Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Olbermann says jump, mother fuckers ask how high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

Olbermann says jump, mother fuckers ask how high.

Please fire Goodell, Keith.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

After hearing about AP's dad beating him, I feel remorse for him. He's just ignorant about it all. He's doing what his dad did.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You didn't know that? AP's entire life is a goddamn tragedy. He's a broken human being who expresses his hosed up existence by running dudes the gently caress over.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rabid Snake posted:

After hearing about AP's dad beating him, I feel remorse for him. He's just ignorant about it all. He's doing what his dad did.

This is basically how I've felt the whole time. Sad and a bit disappointed for AD, pissed at the Vikings for how they're handling it.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Rabid Snake posted:

What I'm curious about is if there are going to be more people openly coming out about this from experiences in their youth. Spankings, whipping, ruler slapping, etc are relatively well heard of methods of discipline in the US unfortunately but this will definitely raise awareness and maybe start programs to help both parents and children avoid abuse.

I mean I feel bad that he was abused as a child but that still shouldn't be an excuse for scarring a child like that.

Good on the Vikings to at least suspend him until due process does its work.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

Rabid Snake posted:

I had thought I had heard that, was gonna comment but wasn't sure. The abused become abusers because it's all they know. It's tragic to see that stupid grin he has and think of the hosed up poo poo he's done & experienced.

I love my daughter so much. She's 2. I would never lay a finger on her. Ever. On a light note, it's her first day of school tomorrow. I'm giving her the biggest hug first thing i see her and tell her I love her always will. Violence solves nothing.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Lblitzer posted:

Good on the Vikings to at least suspend him until due process does its work.
Basically they're going from defending him to throwing him under the bus as a matter of convenience.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

cucka posted:

I had thought I had heard that, was gonna comment but wasn't sure. The abused become abusers because it's all they know. It's tragic to see that stupid grin he has and think of the hosed up poo poo he's done & experienced.

This is pretty insulting to those of use who were abused and didn't become abusers. I'm not saying that having compassion for AD is a bad thing, because of course it isn't! And I'm glad he's undergoing counseling. But to say that "it's all they know" is just flat out bullshit.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Kinda rolling my eyes at people getting holier than thou about a brewing company condemning violence.

heldicus
Oct 27, 2004

:stare:............:byodood:
And he is now suspended indefinitely..... :laffo:

what a circus

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006
Re Arian Foster if he is so concerned about the impact alcohol has on families he could have been tweeting about that any old day of the week. Why is he just now jumping on A-B and giving them a hard time. Pretty low PR move from him.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Kinda rolling my eyes at people getting holier than thou about a brewing company condemning violence.

:ironicat:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

uno.mannschaft posted:

Re Arian Foster if he is so concerned about the impact alcohol has on families he could have been tweeting about that any old day of the week. Why is he just now jumping on A-B and giving them a hard time. Pretty low PR move from him.

True, it did take a couple of hours, what's he hiding

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

This is pretty insulting to those of use who were abused and didn't become abusers. I'm not saying that having compassion for AD is a bad thing, because of course it isn't! And I'm glad he's undergoing counseling. But to say that "it's all they know" is just flat out bullshit.

On phone, googled one link: http://www.safehorizon.org/page/domestic-violence-statistics--facts-52.html

quote:

-Without help, girls who witness domestic violence are more vulnerable to abuse as teens and adults.
-Without help, boys who witness domestic violence are far more likely to become abusers of their partners and/or children as adults, thus continuing the cycle of violence in the next generation.

So long story short, maybe don't flip out over semantics, homeslice

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I mean I'm a LF fugitive and all too, but exactly how many people here both don't drink and wish that companies didn't make *tasty adult beverage*? I get that AB makes lovely beer and has lovely business practices but :cmon:

Would y'all have your hackles raised if it was, say, some small time vintner from California with a six employee footprint?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

I mean I'm a LF fugitive and all too, but exactly how many people here both don't drink and wish that companies didn't make *tasty adult beverage*? I get that AB makes lovely beer and has lovely business practices but :cmon:

Would y'all have your hackles raised if it was, say, some small time vintner from California with a six employee footprint?

Depends on the sincerity of the gesture relative to attitude :greenangel:

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

old dog child posted:

On phone, googled one link: http://www.safehorizon.org/page/domestic-violence-statistics--facts-52.html

So long story short, maybe don't flip out over semantics, homeslice
Dude he quoted said "The abused become abusers because that's all they know."

Nobody's denying that the cycle of abuse is a real thing, but intentional or not that's pretty lovely thing to be told if you were abused.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

What ramification does a sincere act have that an insincere one wouldn't? Either way it's pressure on a doggedly conservative and stubborn organization. If it's sincere I guess AB... Does something? In the future?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I mean realistically nothing has any inherent meaning or significance etc

But a sincere action in this lens is less morally reprehensible than the hypocritical insincere action

So less hackle raising dig

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Tremendous Taste has had a bone to pick with Budweiser ever since his mother drank it while pregnant

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

Tremendous Taste has had a bone to pick with Budweiser ever since his mother drank it while pregnant

shoulda drank Miller Lite, the beverage that apparently aided in everyone's conception since time immemorial

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Uh I had two dads, both of whom switched me

Literally shaking at you, bigot

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sweet thursday posted:

dang

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Uh I had two dads, both of whom switched me

I wish they switched you with a better poster!!!!!!!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I taught a kid with FAS who was a loving angel and that joke made me sad.

I miss Merabi. Good kid. :smith:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

If the world was filled with only good posters who would spend 30 pages debating who hates child abuse the most

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

If the world was filled with only good posters who would spend 30 pages debating who hates child abuse the most
If you want we could make more comparisons to emotional moments in video games

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you want we could make more comparisons to emotional moments in video games

that was unironically more entertaining than the majority of the race to be most outraged

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

:eyepop:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like to imagine someone picking, say, Fabreeze up by the ankles and beating a kid with him.

He's thin enough.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
The NFL is loving awful.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

im gay posted:

The NFL is loving awful.

nah, Adrian Peterson is

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

im gay posted:

The NFL is loving inept

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I feel bad for Peterson after reading about what an rear end in a top hat his dad was. He's not inherently bad, he just doesn't know any other way.

He should still be suspended and made to complete anti child abuse programs and stuff, but I kind of want to give him a hug, too.

I guess I should feel fortunate I was "only" spanked as a kid with an open hand, never with a belt or switch or any other instrument. But taking away my privileges was much more effective, because I would go right back to being a poo poo once my butt stopped hurting.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

He's basically 30. He's had ample time to know better.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Retail Slave posted:

I feel bad for Peterson after reading about what an rear end in a top hat his dad was. He's not inherently bad, he just doesn't know any other way.

He should still be suspended and made to complete anti child abuse programs and stuff, but I kind of want to give him a hug, too.

You know, most child molesters were molested themselves.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Nail Rat posted:

You know, most child molesters were molested themselves.

Yes, and most abusers were abused, etc.

I am not saying what he did was ok, even a little bit. It was extremely wrong and disgusting and he needs to be suspended. Unfortunately there are a lot of people with the "I was spanked/whipped/beaten as a kid and I turned out ok! So I'm going to do it to my kids so THEY turn out ok" mentality.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Tremendous Taste posted:

All that AB will have to do ever w/r/t the NFL is say "We aren't happy with how this is being handled" and the NFL will bend over backwards to fix the problem. When was the last time they made such a statement? Never?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
My biological father was an unparalleled piece of poo poo who trended toward abusive, and the only thing it taught me was that some dudes just aren't meant to be fathers. gently caress if I'm ever going to let my kid deal with that sort of thing. I feel for Peterson's childhood being that rough, but once you're old enough to make your own decisions one of those decisions should be "I will be better than he was."

• Locked thread