Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

BBC Sherlock is a good show and I'm sure that other show is good too! Everyone can be happy and watch good shows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Beef Waifu posted:

I love everyone on the show except Liam and Woolie who I am on and off about.

No, Woolie's cool.

fatherboxx posted:

Pacific Rim is better than any of the Rebuild movies :v:

Although true, Pacific Rim is a Godannar movie.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pacific Rim is a bunch of really good fight scenes between which Hellboy and Top Gun both take place. Also its super lame that it ultimately just comes down to The Anglosphere Saves the Day.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Rewatching Downcoming for old times' sake and man, the boss fights in Homecoming are like Dark Souls 2 Playthrough-lite. Features such highlights as "No use your dodge more" and "There, perfect." I guess I just never noticed Pat's backseat gaming before now.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

CJacobs posted:

Rewatching Downcoming for old times' sake and man, the boss fights in Homecoming are like Dark Souls 2 Playthrough-lite. Features such highlights as "No use your dodge more" and "There, perfect." I guess I just never noticed Pat's backseat gaming before now.

The issue is most of the time the others give him enough poo poo it isn't a problem..

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I've been rewatching Season 1 Walking Dead since the 2 playthrough is starting. I forgot that Matt had nothing but utter delight when Duck died, Pat seeming legit kinda creeped out by it was probably one of the funniest moments they've had.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Silentman0 posted:

Although true, Pacific Rim is a Godannar movie.
Pacific Rim is Real Robot, Godannar is Super Robot. :colbert:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Pacific Rim is Real Robot, Godannar is Super Robot. :colbert:

Gipsy Danger stabs a giant monster with a sword that came out of its arm while falling from low orbit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You do know the difference between a real robot and a super robot right

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
No matter how clunky and dumb their games are, Telltale is still quite a bit ahead of other devs when it comes to cinematic video games.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

It literally rocket punches a monster from another dimension. I will loving fight you.

Edit: If you're going by SRW definitions then it's super tanky and never dodges at all so you're super wrong.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 17, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

I do not play SRW, so no.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Gipsy Danger is basically Big O and Big O is a batman super robot so yeah.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

OneDeadman posted:

Gipsy Danger is basically Big O and Big O is a batman super robot so yeah.
cast in the name of this quote, I am defeated

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Man, for some reason I just can't bring my self to care about Walking Dead season 2. After I gave up on play season 1 (because TellTale can't get their poo poo together and I kept getting hit by the save bug over and ever, I just couldn't be arsed to play episode 1 again) I marathoned the LP and loved it. For some reason I can't even care enough to watch the second video.

I miss TellTale, obviously the Walking Dead style stuff makes a lot more money than the stuff they used to make, but I wish they'd go back to making adventure games. I don't begrudge them for doing what makes money, I just don't care for what they're making these days.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Matt, I'm loving all these super accurate pictures of Clementine you have in each episode of TWD Season 2. Keep them coming!

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Veotax posted:

Man, for some reason I just can't bring my self to care about Walking Dead season 2. After I gave up on play season 1 (because TellTale can't get their poo poo together and I kept getting hit by the save bug over and ever, I just couldn't be arsed to play episode 1 again) I marathoned the LP and loved it. For some reason I can't even care enough to watch the second video.

It definitely feels a lot more miserable than the first game. That sequence from the opening to the dog was ridiculous.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Finally got the wife watching not pre-screened 2BFP with the Walking Dead season 2. She's happy to know there's someone who hates Kenny more than her.

Next up, I'm pushing Beyond Two Souls.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Perfect Potato posted:

It definitely feels a lot more miserable than the first game. That sequence from the opening to the dog was ridiculous.

Yeah, the bit with the dog seems incredibly manipulative. Like, the entire reason for it is to make you feel lovely.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Silentman0 posted:

Yeah, the bit with the dog seems incredibly manipulative. Like, the entire reason for it is to make you feel lovely.
While I won't argue that the scene overall comes off that way, I can speak from personal experience that dogs get really loving mad when you take away food you placed in front of them.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Was Pete actually bitten? He could have just scraped his foot on the sharpest rock in the solar system.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, he was bitten.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Silentman0 posted:

Pretty sure that's the entire point of The Walking Dead the franchise

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man they really did gut the Shrine of Amana. I played my game as a dedicated Archer at release and the whole area was a hyper tense sniper battle.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Man they really did gut the Shrine of Amana. I played my game as a dedicated Archer at release and the whole area was a hyper tense sniper battle.

How'd they change it? It's been a while since I played through, but this is about how I remembered it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spiritus Nox posted:

How'd they change it? It's been a while since I played through, but this is about how I remembered it.

Reduce damage, cut aggro range in half of the Priestess.

Also, they seem to have short memory because they made a big deal out of having a range weapon for Amana in the previous part and then literally only use it on the Ogre.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They also made the mages' soul spear track less so that it can't circle around a full 360 degrees after you dodge it. It's still a very hard area and people who go "pfft I made it through without EVER having ANY trouble because of this nerf" are probably lying.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
One of the biggest changes to Amana was keeping enemies from shooting at you outside of the draw distance, IIRC

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm just watching the walking dead season 2 videos now and yeah I agree, the dog part was pretty exploitative. I mean I can see why it happened from an in-world standpoint, but it is PRETTY obvious they set you up with the dog and don't allow you to gently caress up with it just so that that can happen later on. Not that it matters much since Matt and Pat understandably fell right for it.

edit: gently caress yes they went with THE LINE. I'm so glad they went with that dialogue choice because it's just so loving hype.

Sair
May 11, 2007

I'm glad they made the same connection to Heavy Rain that I did.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Improbable Lobster posted:

One of the biggest changes to Amana was keeping enemies from shooting at you outside of the draw distance, IIRC

They never shot you outside the drawdistance because they're despawned, are you thinking about how people would walk just forward enough to put one into drawdistance then shoot that one, so they wouldn't agro the whole clusterfuck?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So Matt, you're doing one of Clem and Sarah as Tango and Cash, right?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

"Felicia the Brave is super awesome and I like her" says Pat.

Then Felicia proceeds to do nothing at all to help Woolie. Brilliant.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Dexie posted:

"Felicia the Brave is super awesome and I like her" says Pat.

Then Felicia proceeds to do nothing at all to help Woolie. Brilliant.

She's easily distracted

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Blockhouse posted:

So Matt, you're doing one of Clem and Sarah as Tango and Cash, right?

I was almost giddy when they namedropped Tango & Cash before in their earlier works. I always feel like I'm the only one who watched and enjoyed that movie.

Now they just need to mention Remo Williams and I'll be impressed. Ahhh, action movies of my childhood.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Currently downloading D4 (Dark Dream Don't Die) Swery65's follow up to Deadly Premonition!

YOU GUYS

I CANT

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wait, Swery made another game? That sounds... great? I don't even know what to expect but I bet it'll be something.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Yeah, and they just kicked it out the door with no fanfare or advertising at all.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know anything about this game, but I'm calling it now: Quint's behind it all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Currently downloading D4 (Dark Dream Don't Die) Swery65's follow up to Deadly Premonition!

YOU GUYS

I CANT

I hope hope hope there's a video on this as you're who I live vicariously through playing anything on the Xbone. Also gently caress that snuck up. I didn't even hear anything about it since E3 before last.

Beef Waifu posted:

I love everyone on the show except Liam and Woolie who I am on and off about.

Woolie grew on me. Still wish the rear end would get the stick out of himself though and let them play Final Fight Revenge on Fisticuffs. Liam well... I just try to remember he's like 14 and a half and remember that I probably had really bad opinions for dumb reasons too then.