Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I dunno, that's an awful lot of turns for one Paige.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nice it gives you the ladder rewards for the games you've already played. free pro-rare paige

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Gaz-L posted:

I am going to crush the poo poo out of your car so hard that you don't even know.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
Looking at the card catalog, there are new special Legendary Brock and Cena which is probably the first event and probably meant to coincide with NoC

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did they change matchmaking because suddenly I lose a lot more. or maybe they improved the AI's card picking?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got super rare Paige and Cena cards as ladder rewards that have gold borders and appear to be unusable. It's weird.

edit: I guess all the rewards have gold borders but I can't put the SRs in my deck.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 17, 2014

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Swagger Dagger posted:

I got super rare Paige and Cena cards as ladder rewards that have gold borders and appear to be unusable. It's weird.

edit: I guess all the rewards have gold borders but I can't put the SRs in my deck.

Have you received them as rewards by completing an exhibition game after the update?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

edit: nm im dum

GOTTA GRIND TO GET MY LEGENDARY CENAR

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Swagger Dagger posted:

You sometimes have to play one exhibition game to actually get the rewards granted to you. I just put a SR cena in my exhibition deck so it should work.

Also the fact these are both gold bordered and one of a kind is triggering my dumb collector instincts like mad and making me really not want to do the logical thing and combine and then feed the low tier ones as they're no longer useful to me. 4k exhibition games has got me all the way to UR Cena, but the SR Paige pair is the only thing I actually needed from the reward cards.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

i appreciate this joke

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Mayostard posted:

Have you received them as rewards by completing an exhibition game after the update?

Yeah, they're all sitting in the My Cards list, I just can't throw them in anything. NBD, I'm not going to use them until I can pro them anyway.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Ugh now everyone is going to be running around with Pro SR Paige, I hope my Pro SR Brie has better stats.

I mean, I'll have Pro SR Paige as well but I'd prefer not to have one round be a tie in every match.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Ugh now everyone is going to be running around with Pro SR Paige, I hope my Pro SR Brie has better stats.

I mean, I'll have Pro SR Paige as well but I'd prefer not to have one round be a tie in every match.

you should be able to see if it will by looking at the base stats of both cards in the card album

cams
Mar 28, 2003

They at least did a good job of not giving people cards before they'd have access to them. I'm at just over 4000 games played and currently all my cards are UR Pro Max or Epic, so by the time I earn the rest they won't be huge upgrades. But, neat collectors items.

I'm probably just gonna Pro Max all of them because, as someone said earlier, they have gold borders. This means something to me.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Blasmeister posted:

Also the fact these are both gold bordered and one of a kind is triggering my dumb collector instincts like mad and making me really not want to do the logical thing and combine and then feed the low tier ones as they're no longer useful to me. 4k exhibition games has got me all the way to UR Cena, but the SR Paige pair is the only thing I actually needed from the reward cards.

I'm having the same plight. At least they are both in your card catalog now.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I already have one SR Pro John Cena. With two... I'll be unstoppable.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Bard Maddox posted:

I already have one SR Pro John Cena. With two... I'll be unstoppable.

Rapaduo.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Just realized that it doesn't matter how many games you play, but it's the power of your cards that determines your tier. I have a maxed out SR Pro John Cena, Miz and Vince. And R Pro maxed Rock and AJ. I can't get up to UR++ without getting something better.

Guess I'll have to train up ANOTHER GODDAMN PAIR OF SR CENAS. Been in UR+ for a while. Still the only UR is the goddamned ladder.

Just gimme macho

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So how do you get into the people's champ mode? And were any other cards added besides Cena and Paige?

Another thing about the Paige and Cena's. I limit myself to only having one of a superstar in my deck at a time. I'm only going to use one Paige rather than two) So deciding what to do with them is tough.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you max level them both and combine them into one card cmon guy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Steve Vader posted:

Just gimme macho

He's p cool

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

epitasis posted:

you max level them both and combine them into one card cmon guy

I know that. What I ment was I have the Rare paiges and the Super Rare Paiges.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

level the super rare paiges with the rare paiges

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

So how do you get into the people's champ mode? And were any other cards added besides Cena and Paige?

Another thing about the Paige and Cena's. I limit myself to only having one of a superstar in my deck at a time. I'm only going to use one Paige rather than two) So deciding what to do with them is tough.

People's Champ Mode starts at 12am PST tonight and runs until Tuesday, I believe the Special New Legendary Cena and Brock (The only other new cards) are won from that.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

So does only 1 team win this thing, and if so which team are we stacking?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

IcePhoenix posted:

He's p cool

I WOULD LIKE TO SNAP INTO THIS, PLEASE.

Oh, yeah. Dig it, etc.

You have the Megapowers. I hope they don't explode.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

I finally got around to updating the Supercard app for my phone. I'm only 1700 exhibition games away from that second UR John Cena ladder reward!

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I'm up to 900 games in the ladder, my last prize was either SR Paige or Cena. What's next on the list? I like that you get a rare diva earlier on instead of hoping to max pro a UC. I got a Rare Natalia when I was low SR+ then I pumped her to level 9 and a few dozen games later got SR AJ, so that was a pain in the rear end.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

So does only 1 team win this thing, and if so which team are we stacking?

With such little time left, I'm voting we stack Team Brock

Edit: Guess I was wrong about the start time.

Mayostard fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 17, 2014

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
The start time seems to be in 48 hours or so.

So how does this work, does it take into account wins/losses per Brock/Cena card or are we signing up for one of them and then trying to win for them? The rewards documentation is also pretty confusing, I don't understand the tiering and points and whatnot.

Also, is there any word on whether the ladder rewards are timed or if they're gonna be Cena and Paige forever? I'd much prefer to have Paige over confirmed dirtbag and bad wrestler Cameron on my team.

Oh, and I recall someone posting something about being able to play Supercard on their computers as well? Is that possible when I've mostly been playing on my iphone somehow or does it only work with android devices?

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

You are basically just choosing which of the two you want the prize to be.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Turns out I've paid almost 2,000 games, so I just had to grind a bit more and got that second SR Paige. I dot care about completing that card book so I fed the rare Paige cards to build the first SR, now I need to level up the other one. Soon I'll have an upgrade over my rare pro AJ whose held down my starting Diva spot foreeeeeeever.

Also unlocked a UR Shawn Michaels, so woooo more HBK for my deck.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Under the vegetable posted:

It's so bad that someone got banned from here for making an LP showing off exactly how bad it is and why and going into detail on the writers and process.

What? Was it like personal information or just talking poo poo about that awful game?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If it's the poster I'm thinking of, it was a gimmick account that stayed in character in other threads. They just recently rereged, however

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Mayostard posted:

Mayostard posted:

pick team Cena because he has a lot of fans and he always wins public opinion polls

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Is it just me, or are support cards locked in once you select one of them in exhibition? I can't de-select them.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
This thread is no longer acceptable. It veers off topic more than a drunk fishtails on a back country road. Posting is crap, effort is flaccid, and frankly the LP itself defines mediocrity in new and tepid ways. Much like Dragon Age 2, this thread is filler. It is white noise. It is a radio tuned to an obscure AM channel playing day opera radio serials in a language you've never heard. It makes sense only because it speaks the universal lingua franca of failure. How fitting.

In reality I think some lp forum guys were mad that someone came out of nowhere and had the most viewed and highest rated LP on the forum without engaging in the lp social club so they endlessly reported the guys op and posts. I think there was also a probation for posting images slightly larger than the commonly accepted standard width. It wasn't a gimmick account. The same guy was later banned again for trying to LP New Vegas in a strict roleplay as black metal poster boy Varg Vikernes.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
At least I'm only 206 games away from my first Super Rare Paige. I was pissed that I got both of the Bella twins as my SR Divas.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

interpunct posted:

Is it just me, or are support cards locked in once you select one of them in exhibition? I can't de-select them.

Not just you, I can't deselect them either. Kind of sucks when you're trying to select your Diva and hit a support card by mistake.

And pick hoarding is no more, RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pope Corky the IX posted:

At least I'm only 206 games away from my first Super Rare Paige. I was pissed that I got both of the Bella twins as my SR Divas.

I have over 2000 games played (with about 90% winrate) and the two SR Paige that I got for that were the first two divas I got above Rare.