Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The problem if now EVERYONE will have a serviceable diva card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Yeah I've been relying on my quality divas for wins since I started, currently a max pro SR AJ with a max UR Brie waiting for a pair.

Everyone having a SR Paige is gonna wreck my whole strategy

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Snacksmaniac posted:

The problem if now EVERYONE will have a serviceable diva card.

A lot of people aren't leveling up their Paige's before combining them.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

IcePhoenix posted:

I have over 2000 games played (with about 90% winrate) and the two SR Paige that I got for that were the first two divas I got above Rare.

I was surprised that I got both Bellas in a row like that considering how often people in this thread have been lamenting the fact that they're several tiers above where I am and still only have a couple Rare divas.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

A lot of people aren't leveling up their Paige's before combining them.

And at my tier, I'm seeing lots of UR Pro, Epic, and even Legendary Divas.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I can't suplex people in Destiny and it makes me angry.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

I can't suplex people in Destiny and it makes me angry.

Titans can do busaiku knees

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

Titans can do busaiku knees

I'll run that next. I'm currently having fun with my grenade melee deadpool warlock.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Who did Tyson Kidd piss off to get such abysmal stats? I understand that he's mostly an NXT guy these days, but his especially terrible speed is a little bizarre. He's a reasonably flippy dude!

The most fun metagame element of this game for me has been figuring out goofy tag team names. E.g. The backup team I'm running in my current KotR is America's Strongest Americans.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jonny Angel posted:

Who did Tyson Kidd piss off to get such abysmal stats?

His wife.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

coconono posted:

His wife.

He said piss off, not on.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Go on...

Is a maxed out non-pro UR better than a maxed pro regular rare?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Snacksmaniac posted:

Go on...

Is a maxed out non-pro UR better than a maxed pro regular rare?

Maxed pros are a little better than maxed non-pro cards of the tier above, so it would be better than a maxed non-pro SR but not a maxed non-pro UR

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm
Ladder super rare John Cena is slightly better points wise then regular super rare John Cena.

And I just learned doesn't combine with regular super rare John Cena, after I used my other one as training material. :smith:

How do I join team Lesnar?

The Watch fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 17, 2014

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

If its not that big of a difference I'll just pump up my UR Paige on my way to my second one.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Snacksmaniac posted:

If its not that big of a difference I'll just pump up my UR Paige on my way to my second one.

you're going to want to pump it up anyway so you only have to max the other one once you get it

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I'm going Team Brock and I grind this game like a crazy person, so get on the winning team.

Also, gently caress Cena. BROCKLE SNAR.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Sick as it makes me to say this, Cena's the better bet unless you're banking on getting the diamond(?) legendaries. L Cena's power beats anything but L Brock anyway, and L Cena's other stats keep him competitive with the rest of the legendaries.

On the other hand, gently caress Cena, why are you making me want to take his card, 2K?

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I don't understand why Erick Rowan is a better card than Roman Reigns and why he has such high Charisma. Whomever designed this game is clearly a fan of him and Eva Marie.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

well basically everyone gets the same rewards at the end of it, so it's mostly personal preference. And seeing as the ladder rewards are cena anyway, I don't want to have to see a million cenas every match, so vote brock.

The taunt card is probably better than the manager one though, so in pure 'which cards are better' terms Cena wins lol and if you're planning to win the whole thing you'll want that

Mayostard posted:

I don't understand why Erick Rowan is a better card than Roman Reigns and why he has such high Charisma. Whomever designed this game is clearly a fan of him and Eva Marie.

#AllRedEverything

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mayostard posted:

This aspect of the game is probably my favourite. I love when people clearly pick decks based on the character and not the actual stats, so my SR Christian constantly runs through Rocks, HBK's, and Hogans.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

This aspect of the game is probably my favourite. I love when people clearly pick decks based on the character and not the actual stats, so my SR Christian constantly runs through Rocks, HBK's, and Hogans.

But picking a deck solely by stats is just boring.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I want to run a Total Divas themed deck, I just need to figure out how to hack the game to let me use more Divas or at least make a Vinnie card

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Also I don't get that post cause HBK is the best card in the game at every rarity.

If you fight for John Cena, you are my enemy and I will destroy you.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

I want to run a Total Divas themed deck, I just need to figure out how to hack the game to let me use more Divas or at least make a Vinnie card

Usos, Cena, Bryan and pick a diva.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

How the hell does the AI choose cards in KotR? Two tournaments in a row I've been hosed in the first round of the tournament because it chose ADR instead of the Rock for a charisma match (a 50 point loving difference)

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Sockser posted:

How the hell does the AI choose cards in KotR? Two tournaments in a row I've been hosed in the first round of the tournament because it chose ADR instead of the Rock for a charisma match (a 50 point loving difference)

Completely at random, it's the only way to ensure the game is fair to everyone!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Sockser posted:

Maybe the one on the left first?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

my conspiracy theory is that Erick Rowan's stats are what we would have if a certain Charles Montgomery Punk was licensed in the game. "Oh no, we need to put someone in this slot! Quick, who haven't we used? The other Wyatt dude? Sure, why not."

I'm in Ultra Rare++ and the ladder reward SR Paige cards are the first time I've gotten higher than a rare Diva card. That said, the max-leveled SR Paige by herself won't take out anyone, but bah gawd it looks like she turns into a monster when made into a Pro version. Yikes.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

my conspiracy theory is that Erick Rowan's stats are what we would have if a certain Charles Montgomery Punk was licensed in the game. "Oh no, we need to put someone in this slot! Quick, who haven't we used? The other Wyatt dude? Sure, why not."

I'm in Ultra Rare++ and the ladder reward SR Paige cards are the first time I've gotten higher than a rare Diva card. That said, the max-leveled SR Paige by herself won't take out anyone, but bah gawd it looks like she turns into a monster when made into a Pro version. Yikes.

I ran into a level 23 SR Pro Paige and her stats were ~3 lower than my Max Pro SR AJ's

At a glance, she seems to be a UR masquerading in blue.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

harperdc posted:

It's actually a very plausible theory, it definitely explains why Rowan has a Legendary and Harper and Wyatt don't.

Edit: New theory, Rowan replaced Punk and Tyson Kidd inherited the original stats Rowan was given.

Also, Cena only has five moves across his six cards.

Mayostard fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 18, 2014

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Regardless of which side wins the challenge, whoever wins those first-place cards is gonna be unstoppable.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

smashpro1 posted:

Regardless of which side wins the challenge, whoever wins those first-place cards is gonna be unstoppable.

I just hope to break 400.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

What are people's feelings on what counts as trash? Now that I have the SR Cenas, I can field 4 Pro SRs (after some leveling). Time to start feeding off any SR with less potential than my weakest pro SR? Del Rio, by the looks of:

IcePhoenix posted:

Also, on the 2K forums they started working on a spreadsheet for the card stats at max level (pro cards listed are if you max the non-pros before combining). I copied it over to my own for better formatting because they were sorting it by name instead of stats.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eniVv8lTf4fUmA5pawq28jacc3qeojI99gi9_jEnUHg/edit#gid=751055890

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Sono posted:

What are people's feelings on what counts as trash? Now that I have the SR Cenas, I can field 4 Pro SRs (after some leveling). Time to start feeding off any SR with less potential than my weakest pro SR? Del Rio, by the looks of:

For now, I'm going to keep any super rares just in case I get a second and can Pro them. I would say once I am getting Pro URs I will consider the super rares to be trash.

I fed my Titus O'Neil to Goldust, which I realized might have been a bad move because I MIGHT find another O'Neil.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Looking at the spreadsheet again, the ladder John Cenas have higher POW and CHA, but lower TGH and SPD.

But I think the People's Champ Brock/Cena are just leagues ahead of normal ones

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sono posted:

I save one of of everything until I've made a Pro version, then feed it. Other than that, I'll only hold on to what I'm actively using. And sometimes I'll have cards I've been training to use as food later. And now I'm gonna be holding on to those Gold cards because I am a sucker.

But yeah, anything not actively being used/one of a kind, I feed.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So what's this "need" column on that spreadsheet? Can I only obtain Rare Shawn Michaels as an Exhibition reward if I've already obtained Rare Big E? If so, do I need Big E in my inventory, or just in my Pokedex?

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Jonny Angel posted:

So what's this "need" column on that spreadsheet? Can I only obtain Rare Shawn Michaels as an Exhibition reward if I've already obtained Rare Big E? If so, do I need Big E in my inventory, or just in my Pokedex?

That's just a column of what's missing from the spreadsheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

harperdc posted:

I'm in Epic+, and pretty close to Epic++, and these Paige cards are my first SR Divas. It'll be nice to have Diva fights that aren't an automatic loss. (I mean, I'm probably still going to lose, what with all the URs and Epics, but still...)