Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Torn Quad Jones posted:

what was this over produced horseshit with terrible cgi thrown in?

A commercial for kendall motor oil, hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Here's a superior donut machine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLfI99A1FBI

As for the snake, it may have just been saved with the 15k price cut and HP Tuners cracking its ecu. They sold over 40 of them in the past week.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Torn Quad Jones posted:

what was this over produced horseshit with terrible cgi thrown in?

The first result on YouTube for "mustang doing donuts" for me. :shrug:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

ilkhan posted:

('15 Mustang EB)

Looks like the turbo is running out of steam at 5k as is. Tune and exhaust will help, but getting to GT power levels is going to require a replacement turbo. Its undersized (and twin-scroll) to help with turbo lag.

It's fine for 99% of driving any normal person does. All the torque comes in at 3500, which is where you want it on the road. A tune or larger turbo would ruin the car any time you're not on the track or the drag strip.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I would think if you tried to get it to spool faster, you'd just wind up with bent rods. Dat torque climb. :getin:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Phone posted:

I would think if you tried to get it to spool faster, you'd just wind up with bent rods. Dat torque climb. :getin:

Does it have launch control? I feel like the entire reason to put $25k down on this car is stop lights and onramps. And I'm okay with that.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

KillHour posted:

Does it have launch control? I feel like the entire reason to put $25k down on this car is stop lights and onramps. And I'm okay with that.

Performance pack and Recaros put it at $29k. No point in getting it without those.

And like most of these will ever see 3500 RPM's more than once or twice a month. I don't think most people know you can rev that high without blowing the car up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KillHour posted:

It's fine for 99% of driving any normal person does. All the torque comes in at 3500, which is where you want it on the road. A tune or larger turbo would ruin the car any time you're not on the track or the drag strip.

Is this a dig at the FRS's torque dip at 3.5k?

In general, the EB engines seem to be pretty mildly tuned from the factory. A 91 octane tune alone on the 3.5 in the f-150 gives you 60 more hp and 60 more ft/lbs of torque.

Ford racing has a warrantied tune for the focus ST that adds 90 ft/lbs at 2800 RPM.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I think you're all missing the most exciting part of the veil being lifted on the Mustang: As soon as the initial hype begins to die down Fiat will hopefully feel comfortable releasing info on the upcoming Fiata!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

KillHour posted:

GT manuals have launch control. The rest dont.

fknlo posted:

Performance pack and Recaros put it at $29k. No point in getting it without those.

And like most of these will ever see 3500 RPM's more than once or twice a month. I don't think most people know you can rev that high without blowing the car up.
The recaros are really being called unnecessary from everyone who has tried then do far. I'd try them first, the premium leather seats have heated and cooled which is really nice for a street car. Especially the cooled, my back always ends up a swamp on warm days even with ac on.

The dyno graph doesn't even start until 3k. It's great for low end, but the GT will be more at every rpm and a real 0 lag.

My V6 sees 4k almost every drive, but I'm crazy like that.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Hmm, wife really wants a new car. Maybe I'll look at the Ecoboost Mustang.

Also this sounds promising:

http://wot.motortrend.com/1409_ford_shelby_mustang_gt350_to_get_5_2_liter_flat_plane_crank_v_8.html

Focus RS with AWD and 350hp? Yes please.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Comrade Flynn posted:

Hmm, wife really wants a new car. Maybe I'll look at the Ecoboost Mustang.

Also this sounds promising:

http://wot.motortrend.com/1409_ford_shelby_mustang_gt350_to_get_5_2_liter_flat_plane_crank_v_8.html

Focus RS with AWD and 350hp? Yes please.

Damnit Ford, stop making me want to buy all your cars.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

I'll believe it when I see it.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Tekne posted:

Here's a superior donut machine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLfI99A1FBI

As for the snake, it may have just been saved with the 15k price cut and HP Tuners cracking its ecu. They sold over 40 of them in the past week.

Wrong it's all about the extra FAHV horsepower. Just five.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

fknlo posted:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Even if it does show up its price tag is going to be redonkulous If they can keep it around 30K it might sell.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

skipdogg posted:

Even if it does show up its price tag is going to be redonkulous If they can keep it around 30K it might sell.

It's going to be at least 35k, it has to be.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

skipdogg posted:

No way it would be that cheap. Like the guy above me said, it would run at least mid $30k's. Golf R territory but with 50ish extra HP. I'd be interested.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

KakerMix posted:

It's going to be at least 35k, it has to be.
GT350: $40k, but starts with what would be a premium version for a normal GT would be my guess.
FoRS: $35k.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 18, 2014

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

We don't even know what the gently caress the GT350 is going to be. It could be CF front end and carbon ceramic brakes and 500hp flat plane at $70,000 gunning for the Z28.

Also, ccalling it the F-RS is going to confuse it with the FR-S. There's the FoST, FiST, and FoRS.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Powershift posted:

We don't even know what the gently caress the GT350 is going to be. It could be CF front end and carbon ceramic brakes and 500hp flat plane at $70,000 gunning for the Z28.

Also, ccalling it the F-RS is going to confuse it with the FR-S. There's the FoST, FiST, and FoRS.

still doesn't beat the volvo/mercedes/datsun/nissan 240/240/240/240.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Powershift posted:

FoRS probably best.

And true. I just looked up the the GT500. It was nearly $60k (somehow) so my $40k prediction was way the gently caress off. Without a blower I suspect it will come down, but they may just replace that cost with carbon fiber pieces.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The $75k Z28 doesn't have a blower either.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Powershift posted:

The $75k Z28 doesn't have a blower either.
Another good point. Guess it will depend on what they target.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If the rumors are true, with a 550hp 5.2l flat plane v8 and carbon ceramic rotors, they appear to be targeting supercars.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Ford Mustang is not going to have a flat crank V8.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Powershift posted:

If the rumors are true, with a 550hp 5.2l flat plane v8 and carbon ceramic rotors, they appear to be targeting supercars.
See, I could believe that if the Mustang was a mid engine 2 seater.
But its not.
I havent heard anything about reviving the GT, either. Which is a pity. Reviving the GT as a 100k corvette stomper halo-car would be awesome.

And yeah, the Mustang would just sound wrong with a flat plane V8.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
SO back to muscle cars that people care about, Chrysler has just announced that Challenger Hellcat will achieve a class leading* 22 mpg highway rating for cars equipped with the automatic transmission.

*:eng101: Compared to 18mpg for Aventadore LP700-4 and 16mpg F12 Berlinetta.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
loving hell that's fantastic. My CTS-V gets a paltry 13.7mpg in the real world. I'd kill for ~20.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Throatwarbler posted:

SO back to muscle cars that people care about, Chrysler has just announced that Challenger Hellcat will achieve a class leading* 22 mpg highway rating for cars equipped with the automatic transmission.

I'm actually kind of impressed by that. My 2007 6.1L SRT8 with 420hp was rated at 18mpg highway.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Throatwarbler posted:

Seeing how fast you can be going and still spin the tires is probably going to cut into that a bit.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Throatwarbler posted:

If anybody manages double digit mpg while driving a hellcat they are doing it wrong :devil:

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Fucknag posted:

The Ford Mustang is not going to have a flat crank V8.

The one going around the Nurburgring sounded like it had one. Remember, Ford sometimes gets a wild hair up its rear end and decides it can do whatever Ferrari can.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

coolskillrex remix posted:

Wrong it's all about the extra FAHV horsepower. Just five.

It's 5 extra HP for 15k less. What's there to complain about?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
For the first time since the 60s the Mustang is going to be officially sold in Sweden, starting next year.

No price announced yet but, seeing as how importing one would cost me about $52k all said for a Base GT, I'm guessing they won't be much cheaper than that.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Ford really should think of adjusting what shows in the features sections for what the 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium includes versus the plain 2015 Mustang Ecoboost model.
It jumps $4000 dollars and just mentions Heated Mirrors, Sirius XM and Pony Projection Lights. I know there is more to it, but maybe they should have highlighted the bigger items?

I did not realize cooled seats would be an option. Anyone know which models or packages you need to get those? I tried those in a CTS and loved them.
Also, what are Pony Projection Lights? Seems like the base Ecoboost comes with HIDs stock which is nice.
I also wonder how the Recaros are. If they are really premium with lots of adjustments like the ones in the 2nd gen CTS-V, or more spartan with just a knob to move them back and forth like the ones in say an Evo X.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Franco Caution posted:

I did not realize cooled seats would be an option. Anyone know which models or packages you need to get those? I tried those in a CTS and loved them.
[...]
I also wonder how the Recaros are. If they are really premium with lots of adjustments like the ones in the 2nd gen CTS-V, or more spartan with just a knob to move them back and forth like the ones in say an Evo X.

Leather heated/cooled seats are part of the EB premium package. You lose the heating/cooling if you get the optional Recaros though. Most people who've sat in both say unless you're tracking the car often, don't bother with the Recaros - the regular sport seats hold you fairly well already.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Franco Caution posted:

Ford really should think of adjusting what shows in the features sections for what the 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium includes versus the plain 2015 Mustang Ecoboost model.
It jumps $4000 dollars and just mentions Heated Mirrors, Sirius XM and Pony Projection Lights. I know there is more to it, but maybe they should have highlighted the bigger items?

Also, what are Pony Projection Lights? Seems like the base Ecoboost comes with HIDs stock which is nice.
Premium is leather heated/cooled seats, MFT, and what you mentioned (leather/MFT being what I care about). The leather seats are all heated/cooled, so premium is what you want. And yes, the recaros lose heating/cooling/electronic-adjustability, so if you want cooled you can't get those.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Franco Caution posted:

Also, what are Pony Projection Lights?

They project a picture of a horse on the ground from beneath the side mirrors.

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast

HotCanadianChick posted:

Leather heated/cooled seats are part of the EB premium package. You lose the heating/cooling if you get the optional Recaros though. Most people who've sat in both say unless you're tracking the car often, don't bother with the Recaros - the regular sport seats hold you fairly well already.

I can back this up. I've sat in the heated/cooled seats in a GT Premium (same seats as the Ecoboost) and they are excellent. Perfectly suitable for everyday driving and some occasional tracking I imagine. I did not see any models at Woodward that had the Recaros sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Kinfolk Jones posted:

I can back this up. I've sat in the heated/cooled seats in a GT Premium (same seats as the Ecoboost) and they are excellent. Perfectly suitable for everyday driving and some occasional tracking I imagine. I did not see any models at Woodward that had the Recaros sadly.
6 2015s incoming at my closest dealer.
None have recaros.
:suicide: