Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Does anyone have that comic that enacted Ultimate Warrior's "crash the plane" promo for WrestleMania VI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXNvusFPsBQ

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Or Chris Farley, for that matter.
Well he's got to be thin by now

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

oatgan never jokes

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Cardboard Box posted:

oatgan never jokes

its true

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Is there a comprehensive listing of everything Sean Waltman shat in?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

-Mark Henry's Meatball Sub

-????

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Alouicious posted:

-Mark Henry's Meatball Sub

-????

Didn't he poo poo in Sunny's bag and some other stuff?

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Sep 18, 2014

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Why was a pretend Bill Clinton at Wrestlemania X?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

a toilet at some point, probably

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

at least 7 years of WWF/E TV
about 2 years of WCW TV
4 years of TNA
2 years of AAA
the indies for the last 5 years
the ring after he ripped his rear end in a top hat in half that one time

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
-Godwinn's slopbucket
-Lawler's crown
-Madusa's gym bag
-Bagwell's hat (probably)

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Chyna

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Xerzes posted:

Why was a pretend Bill Clinton at Wrestlemania X?

The guy was actually a fairly popular novelty, since he looked like a caricature of the president. There wasn't any real payoff to having the guy there. I want to say they asked what he thought of the Shawn/Razor ladder match, and came off dumbfounded, but maybe that was someone else.

The interesting thing about WMX that's recently come out was that Razor and Shawn ignored the referee's 'go home' call, which ended up getting the 10-man tag match cut from the show, and pushed on to Raw the next night. I wonder if those guys ended up losing money for that.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I wonder how long that match was supposed to actually be, because I looked it up and the runtime was only 18 1/2 minutes.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I rewatched it recently and it was shorter than I remembered.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Are there any indicators of if, or how well, Russo has monetized his website Pyro and Ballyhoo? Beyond the obvious 'harrrr who would sign up for that' of course.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Red posted:

The guy was actually a fairly popular novelty, since he looked like a caricature of the president. There wasn't any real payoff to having the guy there. I want to say they asked what he thought of the Shawn/Razor ladder match, and came off dumbfounded, but maybe that was someone else.

He's still doing the same schtick too.

http://www.timwattersasmrpresident.com/

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Thauros posted:

He's still doing the same schtick too.

http://www.timwattersasmrpresident.com/

If he learned the sax just for those gigs, more power to him.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Whats up with wrestlers holding onto that little string on the turnbuckle during tag team matches? I keep seeing dudes do that.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

HogX posted:

Whats up with wrestlers holding onto that little string on the turnbuckle during tag team matches? I keep seeing dudes do that.

Technically, you're not allowed to tag in unless you're holding the string. It's nominally to make sure tags only take place in "the corner".

I don't recall it ever really coming up notably.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

HogX posted:

It's the tag rope. You have to be hanging on to it in order for a tag to be legal. It's supposed to prevent cheating, but some people find creative ways around that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

HogX posted:

Part of the theoretical rules. The non-legal man holds that little rope so he can't go too far from his corner. If he's not holding it, then tags to him aren't legal. Eddie Guerrero used to do a great bit where he'd take it off and tie it to the top rope so he could walk all along the apron and still hold it, so he wasn't 'technically' cheating.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Gaz-L posted:

Part of the theoretical rules. The non-legal man holds that little rope so he can't go too far from his corner. If he's not holding it, then tags to him aren't legal. Eddie Guerrero used to do a great bit where he'd take it off and tie it to the top rope so he could walk all along the apron and still hold it, so he wasn't 'technically' cheating.

I also remember seeing Eddie untie the second tag rope (kept there for three-on-three tags) and tie it to the first so he'd have a special extra-long tag rope.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
There was this really long post about the Ultimate Warrior's promos were actually deeply philosophical and how the mysterious entity Hookogan is a recurring character in them, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone happen to have it on hand? Did it actually ever really exist or was it just a beautiful dream?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Suleman posted:

There was this really long post about the Ultimate Warrior's promos were actually deeply philosophical and how the mysterious entity Hookogan is a recurring character in them, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone happen to have it on hand? Did it actually ever really exist or was it just a beautiful dream?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3180956&pagenumber=1189&perpage=40#post425652249

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3180956&pagenumber=1190&perpage=40#post425705461

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Quick one, why does everyone hate Savio Vega? It seems everywhere I check there's contempt for him.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Quick one, why does everyone hate Savio Vega? It seems everywhere I check there's contempt for him.

Because most American wrestling fans only saw him during his stint in WWE, where he was awful.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

CombineThresher posted:

Because most American wrestling fans only saw him during his stint in WWE, where he was awful.

I thought he was kinda cool when I was young because he did a spinning kick and had little vest.

I still don't think I was wrong. :colbert:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I wasn't aware everyone hated Savio. More than a few people on other boards I've visited actually quite like him.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

fatherdog posted:

Technically, you're not allowed to tag in unless you're holding the string. It's nominally to make sure tags only take place in "the corner".

I don't recall it ever really coming up notably.

One of the best spots of all time involved the tag rope, actually. Bubba Ray Dudly kept running in to mess with the pin/help beat down Scotty 2 Hotty or someone, and the ref said "if you let go of that tag rope again without getting tagged in, I'm disqualifying you"

Two minutes later, Bubba Ray runs in to hit a Bubba Bomb or something, the ref points at him, and he holds up the tag rope, which he has untied from the turnbuckle and is still holding.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
never heard anyone say they HATE Savio. weird question.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

never heard anyone say they HATE Savio. weird question.

Yeah, that seems like way more effort relating to him than I can imagine anyone giving.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

So who came up with NXT? It's a really good idea that's been done really well, i'm interested in how it got started, it's fantastic.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

HogX posted:

So who came up with NXT? It's a really good idea that's been done really well, i'm interested in how it got started, it's fantastic.

Probably Triple H

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

HogX posted:

Triple H talked about it on Jericho's podcast. It was his first project as an executive with the company and he created the business proposal to present to the board for approval. You can hear the pride in his voice whenever he talks about it. I imagine that somewhere there is a three ring binder with an NXT logo on the front and a bunch of financial reports covered in doodles Metallica logos and skulls inside.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

HogX posted:

Developmental leagues have existed in the WWE for a really fuckin' long time, and it started off as a not-very-good reality show that they just renamed FCW to be.

It's been done really well, sure, and the Performance Center is the coolest loving thing ever, but it's not really groundbreaking. WWE had FCW, HWA, OVW, they used Smoky Mountain, Memphis and the USWA as developmentals, and you could make the argument that ECW and ROH have acted as a developmental league for WWE.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They've never had a financial relationship with ROH, though, have they? Beyond paying for occasional footage, I mean.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gaz-L posted:

They've never had a financial relationship with ROH, though, have they? Beyond paying for occasional footage, I mean.

No, but they sure do love to poach their talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
SMW couldn't be considered a developmental territory, their relationship to WWF was closer to ECW, although ECW was less affiliated than SMW was. ECW and the WWF did a brief invasion angle, Heyman was paid a small amount to work as an advisor and the WWF bought some ECW debt at the end so they could have dibs in bankruptcy court. That's it. ECW talent was just as likely (if not more) to end up in WCW.