Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Quick question I just got a decent sized bonus at work. I want to put some of that money into paying down my phone, do i just go in store and say that can I do it online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

blakout posted:

Quick question I just got a decent sized bonus at work. I want to put some of that money into paying down my phone, do i just go in store and say that can I do it online?

If you have set up online payment you can simply dump more money at T-Mo and that money will go into paying your EIP.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

blakout posted:

Come to a store they can take payments towards Your phone

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

blakout posted:

Why would you want to do that? EIP is an interest free loan pretty much.

Another Poster
Apr 12, 2008
Asked this once before. Got an iPhone coming in on Friday and I don't have a nano sim to just simply switch over. Is it pretty simple to activate it with my current number? (on Tmobile)

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Another Poster posted:

Asked this once before. Got an iPhone coming in on Friday and I don't have a nano sim to just simply switch over. Is it pretty simple to activate it with my current number? (on Tmobile)

A nano sim will be in the phone already if it was purchased as a T-Mobile phone. If you have an account with t-mobile you just need to call tmobile and have them activate the sim card on your number. The sim card number will be on the back of the box and start with 8901 most likely.

Another Poster
Apr 12, 2008

Burden posted:

A nano sim will be in the phone already if it was purchased as a T-Mobile phone. If you have an account with t-mobile you just need to call tmobile and have them activate the sim card on your number. The sim card number will be on the back of the box and start with 8901 most likely.

Sweet, thanks.

Should also get them to upgrade my Simple Choice plan to the 2.5gb instead of 1gb.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Astro7x posted:

Why would you want to do that? EIP is an interest free loan pretty much.

Pretty much? It is. Paying it down early makes no financial sense unless you are trying to sell it and get the lien removed. Due to inflation, the phone costs less the longer you drag it out (in practice, this is such a tiny amount it's meh, but w/e).

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

ryangs posted:

What if you're doing a phone or online order? Gotta do that to get the 64GB iPhones.

I ordered two 64gb phones in a store on Friday in person.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Do any Tmo goons have any knowledge of upcoming phone promos for longtime (7 years) customers? My sister-in-law just came down with a sick case of phone envy recently.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

I called about the CellSpot router and they waived the $25 deposit for being a "longtime" customer of 10 months.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

I called about the CellSpot router and they waived the $25 deposit for being a "longtime" customer of 10 months.

Oh I want one, do they ship it to you, who did you call?

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

r0ck0 posted:

Oh I want one, do they ship it to you, who did you call?

Their website says it's out of stock so don't try to get one that way.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

ryangs posted:

What if you're doing a phone or online order? Gotta do that to get the 64GB iPhones.

so stores will only have 16G versions in stock?

ryangs
Jul 11, 2001

Yo vivo en una furgoneta abajo cerca del río!

Qwijib0 posted:

so stores will only have 16G versions in stock?

That's what the guy at my local retail store said. Now, he could just be basing that off past experience. He may not know what he's getting until it arrives this evening.

If I'm showing a $352 trade-in value for my 5s right now, should I jump on that? Will it drop dramatically if I wait until next week?

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

fondue posted:

Their website says it's out of stock so don't try to get one that way.

You have to call/go to a store to get it free with the $25 deposit. Mine is arriving in like a week.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Put blue and red chicken in mouth plz

ryangs posted:

That's what the guy at my local retail store said. Now, he could just be basing that off past experience. He may not know what he's getting until it arrives this evening.

I called mine and they said they don't even know anything about their shipment regarding how many total or the breakdown by storage capacity.

Also called 611 to order the Cellspot and was not charged a deposit or shipping. While talking to the rep she said the stores will mostly get 16GB models because it's the most popular, but will still carry the higher capacities.

nickutz fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 18, 2014

Another Poster
Apr 12, 2008
Can I order the CellSpot if I'm not currently living at the billing address? On family plan and currently away at college so I'm wondering if I can still get the router or not.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Another Poster posted:

Can I order the CellSpot if I'm not currently living at the billing address? On family plan and currently away at college so I'm wondering if I can still get the router or not.

I'm not living at my billing address, but that's where they will ship it. I don't even have a wifi-calling compatible phone on my account either.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
I just called 611 and they said my pre-paid plan didn't qualify for the cell spot offer. Anyone with the dork plan able to get a cell spot?

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

IPhone 6 and 6+ update. Most Tmobile stores will most likely be receiving 16gb models for the 6 only. Most stores if not all stores won't be receiving 6+ in any capacity or color unfortunately. T-Mobile is completely sold out of the 6+ from what I've been told. Wait times for shipping a 6+ is 8 weeks and 6 is 4-6 weeks when I checked yesterday. Stores will most likely be busy tomorrow with most stores opening early at 8AM.

In regards to the cellspot Wi-Fi router. You will be able to pick it up in stores starting the 24th with a $25 deposit for postpaid customers. It is $99 if you are a prepaid customer. They are shipping them to postpaid customers now for no deposit till the 24th and it's taking 1-3 weeks to ship them out. Just call customer care to have one shipped to you.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

I'm going to stop by my city's t-mobile store tomorrow for the 8am opening and I'm interested to see how many other people will be there. The in-store rep only mentioned getting there to wait by 7:30. T-mobile is such an afterthought were I live that we only have one corporate store. I think they're even behind US Cellular in my market, and I wouldn't be surprised if the bigger MVNOs outnumber them.

This probably means the corporate store will only get enough 16GB 6's to count on your fingers.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Burden posted:

IPhone 6 and 6+ update. Most Tmobile stores will most likely be receiving 16gb models for the 6 only. Most stores if not all stores won't be receiving 6+ in any capacity or color unfortunately. T-Mobile is completely sold out of the 6+ from what I've been told. Wait times for shipping a 6+ is 8 weeks and 6 is 4-6 weeks when I checked yesterday. Stores will most likely be busy tomorrow with most stores opening early at 8AM.

In regards to the cellspot Wi-Fi router. You will be able to pick it up in stores starting the 24th with a $25 deposit for postpaid customers. It is $99 if you are a prepaid customer. They are shipping them to postpaid customers now for no deposit till the 24th and it's taking 1-3 weeks to ship them out. Just call customer care to have one shipped to you.

Good lord, I expected to wait weeks for my plus, but already backordered 8 weeks is nuts.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Figuring I'm going to switch to T-Mobile once my Verizon plan is up in October. Wife and I both have a Verizon iPhone 5, and I've read that they work on HSDPA+ and all that. Will the phones support wifi calling once I put in a T-Mobile SIM though?

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Do any Tmo goons have any knowledge of upcoming phone promos for longtime (7 years) customers? My sister-in-law just came down with a sick case of phone envy recently.
No promos for long time service. 2 years ago when I upgraded from a flip phone to a smartphone, I asked the same question if I can get any kind of special deal since I've been with them for 10 years. They said, nope. Not only that, they hosed me over with lies, which I won't go into again here.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

My store got 10 64GB 6's in space grey. I ended up getting one only waiting for a little over an hour. Lots of people waiting passed on them to put orders in for the 16GB or a 6 Plus.

ryangs
Jul 11, 2001

Yo vivo en una furgoneta abajo cerca del río!

nickutz posted:

My store got 10 64GB 6's in space grey. I ended up getting one only waiting for a little over an hour. Lots of people waiting passed on them to put orders in for the 16GB or a 6 Plus.

I found one of the stores in downtown Chicago that got a shipment of 64GB's at about 10 a.m. this morning. Bingo! Poor AT&T and Verizon schmucks were still waiting in around-the-block lines outside their stores.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

I just got my replacement Nexus 5 phone. I've swapped the sim over and it's now updating to the latest firmware, how do I erase the old phone prior to returning it?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Went to start the trade in process on my iPhone 4 on the T-Mobile website, and noticed this....

So... did they just purposely price the trade in value of the iPhone 4 at $1 more than AT&T so they can say they already beat AT&T's deal, and not give me another $50 bonus?

Because last week they were offering me $50 for my iPhone. Thought I could trade in, price match for $200, and have them beat it for another $50.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Astro7x posted:

Went to start the trade in process on my iPhone 4 on the T-Mobile website, and noticed this....

So... did they just purposely price the trade in value of the iPhone 4 at $1 more than AT&T so they can say they already beat AT&T's deal, and not give me another $50 bonus?

Because last week they were offering me $50 for my iPhone. Thought I could trade in, price match for $200, and have them beat it for another $50.

Yeah the trade in matching started Wednesday.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Burden posted:

Yeah the trade in matching started Wednesday.

This isn't price matching though.

If they offered a trade in value of $199, they'd have to price match AT&T at $200 and then give you $50 additional.

If they offered a trade in value of $201, then they are the best price and there is no need to price match,

It's quite the difference from the $50 they were offering for the same phone 2 days ago, was hoping to get $50 more for $250.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
You seem awfully surprised that a company would offer a dollar more instead of fifty more. They're not dumb. Of course they're going to try to have their offers meet or beat what the other guys are offering so they don't end up paying an additional premium.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

CaptainCaveman posted:

You seem awfully surprised that a company would offer a dollar more instead of fifty more. They're not dumb. Of course they're going to try to have their offers meet or beat what the other guys are offering so they don't end up paying an additional premium.

Yeah. If $50 is that big a deal, start harassing AT&T and Verizon social media accounts or something, it seems dumb but they might jack prices by a buck because they aren't incapable and would love to bleed out competitors. Try and turn our national telecoms dynamic into the corner gas station dynamic, if you want to max out carrier bonus values.

T-Mo's goal isn't to give everyone fifty extra bucks, it's to entice new customers. While they're doing good by bringing European dynamics to the American cell scene, it's still a for-profit corporation and a relative underdog in this market.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I've asked this before in the thread but got no responses - am I the only moron who can't get auto pay to work for the nerd plan? The website says "auto pay is ON," but it doesn't say when it will auto pay, and it never does. Each month I just get a Refill Required notice. Is there some miniature link I'm missing on the website? Googling this, it seems like lots of people have this issue and just end up going to a T-Mobile store, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something first.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Polo-Rican posted:

I've asked this before in the thread but got no responses - am I the only moron who can't get auto pay to work for the nerd plan? The website says "auto pay is ON," but it doesn't say when it will auto pay, and it never does. Each month I just get a Refill Required notice. Is there some miniature link I'm missing on the website? Googling this, it seems like lots of people have this issue and just end up going to a T-Mobile store, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something first.

I use callingmart.com cause I earn a discount for each month I auto pay using them, also no tax. I pay exactly $29.70 and it goes down the more you use it. I set it up to auto load my tmobile number.

Use my referral link if you could be so kind.
http://www.callingmart.com/products/wireless/wirelesscards.aspx?af=8847b1ba-5229-41ca-be7f-07ef535bfb94&bn=10

You need to use this wireless refill:
T-Mobile To Go RTR/Topup - Auto Load To Phone (Retail $30.00)

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
How are you getting it for 29.70? Callingmart now charges a 2% surcharge which basically has you breaking even with the points. Now it's $30.60 - .30 (calling mart points) = $30.30 (plus CC rewards). Still better than paying 10% WA sales tax

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

fondue posted:

I just got my replacement Nexus 5 phone. I've swapped the sim over and it's now updating to the latest firmware, how do I erase the old phone prior to returning it?

Found the answer to my own question here.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

CaptainCaveman posted:

It's still kind of a dick move to do.

When I called on the 12th calling about the price match deal and if they will beat AT&T's the rep I talked to basically said. "Yeah, we can beat AT&T's price, come back next week when the promotion starts and we'll throw an additional $50 to seal the deal. That's a great deal and you definitely should take advantage of that!". Then I come back a week later and am told "oh, well it's a $1 more than AT&T now, so we won't price match it, and now the phone is sold out everywhere so you most likely won't get it until late October."

Well if I knew that maybe I would have just gone to AT&T and not dealt with any of this price match bullshit. I could have a new phone and a $200 credit today. All they are offering is inconvenience for $1, and I didn't know that would happen until it was too late.

kernel panic
Jul 31, 2006

so we came here to burgle your turts!

Astro7x posted:

It's still kind of a dick move to do.

When I called on the 12th calling about the price match deal and if they will beat AT&T's the rep I talked to basically said. "Yeah, we can beat AT&T's price, come back next week when the promotion starts and we'll throw an additional $50 to seal the deal. That's a great deal and you definitely should take advantage of that!". Then I come back a week later and am told "oh, well it's a $1 more than AT&T now, so we won't price match it, and now the phone is sold out everywhere so you most likely won't get it until late October."

Well if I knew that maybe I would have just gone to AT&T and not dealt with any of this price match bullshit. I could have a new phone and a $200 credit today. All they are offering is inconvenience for $1, and I didn't know that would happen until it was too late.

If it helps, it looks like only some of the phones have seriously limited availability (I'm guessing just the 6+ at this point.) I had to reorder my phone (64 gig gold 6) on Thursday and I got a tracking number today.

Doesn't change the trade-in situation, but if you want the 4.7" you'll probably get it sooner rather than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Holy poo poo, I'm jumping ship early from verizon and that trade in makes me so happy. I'm on a family plan and I'll be trading in two iphone 4 and one 4s. The 4 came free with the 2 year contract and the 4s is a replacement I bought on eBay for my wife after her phone was stolen. It cost $120. I was happy to be getting the ~$175 I was quoted at last week for all 3 phones but $600? Woooo!

I love tmobile already. I'm getting 2 iphone 6 and a 6+ with more data for each line, and it's loving cheaper than my monthly payment to verizon. Once all the phones are paid off my bill will be less than half of Verizon's. With a $600 statement credit I may just spring for unlimited data so I can stream netflix on my 6+ all day everyday while I ride to/from work.