Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I really do think Jedit is 3P, I'd just rather vote 3P over town. But if we can get scum..

Let's see what Cpig and Hal think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

##vote Grandicap

I need to go to bed, so if I don't move now it won't happen. If Meinberg is clear then Grandi's the only other person I'm willing to vote for.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
##vote Grandi

I'm okay with this..

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
##vote Grandi

He's just the guy that makes the most sense at this point. If CPig or Hal show up, I'm happy to rap with either of you about things.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm confused why I am a scum candidate. I shot the only flipped scum and when it didn't stick I led the lynch on her. I mean my interest level has been a little lukewarm and I definitely posted way more in the mason doc than in thread. But idgi. Meinberg is claiming to have stopped the oil. Would scum have any reason to withhold? It makes meinberg look good, but is it worth the nokill especially when we have an even number? I don't think so.
I still have a town read on pig. His actions early don't make sense from a scum frame of mind.
That leaves Juan and hal.
I think it is more likely hal than jJuan but that is just a spitball.
Jedit today is all that feels right to me.

Also you are all dicks for not inviting me to another masonry. I am the best mason buddy ever. Ever since somber's gang dissolved I have been lonely.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh hey another vote on me while I typed that. Fun.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Jedit I can see no reason not to do this first.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
##vote jedit

Works for me

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Eh, fair enough.

##vote Jedit

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
That was :redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Jedit (4): Grandicap, Juanito, Juanito, Hal Incandenza, Juanito, Meinberg
Grandicap (1): Jedit, Juanito, Meinberg, Juanito, Meinberg
Meinberg (1): Jedit, Juanito, CapitalistPig, Juanito, Jedit

Not Voting (0):

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 17th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 18 minutes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The fifth day ended with a brutal shootout. Bullets flying in all directions. The air toxic with lead dust and dirt. And when the night's breeze blew in, it was Jedit lying on the ground with most of his blood nearby.

On Day 5, Jedit, Maelstrom-Aligned Hocus, was executed!

quote:

Now it should be crystal loving obvious that the gods have abandoned Apocalypse World. Maybe in the golden age, with its one nation under god and its in god we trust, maybe then the gods were real. hosed if I know. All I know is that now they’re gone daddy gone. My theory is that these weird hocus fuckers, when they say “the gods,” what they really mean is the miasma left over from the explosion of psychic hate and desperation that gave Apocalypse World its birth. Friends, that’s our creator now.

You are Brightside, Maelstrom-Aligned Hocus. You win when you and your followers are the only ones left alive.

Basic Move:
Go Aggro: During the day, you may ##vote.

Hocus Moves:
loving Wacknut: You cannot be investigated.
Charismatic: You may ##recruit a follower each night.

You may use Charismatic Night 0.

It is now Night 5. Day 6 will begin ASAP.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sun rises, and so do four. Death stinks in the air, but it's still a world worth fighting for, civilization can still be rebuilt. That is the promise of the ungiven future, but there's the point: ungiven.

On Night 5, Hal Incandenza, World-Aligned Chopper, was killed!

quote:

Apocalypse World is all scarcity, of course it is. There’s not enough wholesome food, not enough untainted water, not enough security, not enough light, not enough electricity, not enough children, not enough hope. However, the Golden Age Past did leave us two things: enough gasoline, enough bullets. Come the end, I guess the fuckers didn’t need them like they thought they would. So chopper, there you are. Enough for you.

You are Hammer, World-Aligned Chopper. You win when all threats to the World are eliminated.

Basic Move:
Go Aggro: During the day, you may ##vote.

Chopper Moves; you may only use one move each night.
Pack Alpha: You may ##recruit a person into your gang each night.
loving Thieves: You may ##thieve a player each night. 10+ on 2d6, you steal their vote and gain a ##secondvote. 7-9, you steal their vote but a random other player gets their vote - anonymously. 6-, they steal your vote. If you get to -2 and survive, you gain +1. If you get to -1 and survive, you gain +2.

You may use Pack Alpha Night 0.

It is now Day 6.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (4): CapitalistPig, Grandicap, Juanito, Meinberg

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 19th, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
That actually makes my decision easier. I think it's Grandi.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Meinberg had been recruited the previous day by Hal, although I'd forgotten to check the doc. But they'd posted a bit. Meinberg seems like town to me.

Cpig seems like town to me. He sent me a message, so he's not lying about being a JOAT.

Grandi, what's your claim?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I.am also highly suspicious of grandicap

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Juanito posted:

That actually makes my decision easier. I think it's Grandi.

Assuming an action economy, which is confirmed by F_V's flip, then it couldn't have been CPig. I investigated Juanito last night, and protected him the night before. He would have to be a godfather and withheld the night before last in order for him to be scum.

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty comfy with Grandi being the scum, especially since he hasn't claimed to any night actions that I'm aware.

##vote Grandi

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

poo poo, were I in your position I would vote me too.

I have no night action, I am a vig.

It is Meinberg. He is a claimed cop and doc. In a game with 2 other cops. He must have withheld his kill the night before last to make himself seem towny. His coming out of the gate and dropping the vote on me...

I don't know...

Still have a strong town read on pig. Juan doesn't make sense as scum, because if Mein is a doc(which he is if he is town) then Juan was the NK target. 4 alive, only 1 scum left so it can't be both Juan and Meinberg.
So Meinberg or Pig. Can't be pig because he sent a message. Can't be Juan because he was targeted by the kill or the scum doc to make it seem like he was targeted by the kill.

So Meinberg is a scum doc I guess. It can't be either pig or Juan. They are both entirely cleared by actions.

That is a lovely case thingy, because it is far more likely that it was me because I have no alibi.

Ooh, how about this. Hal was the most suboptimal kill for me to make because it leaves me in a lovely situation. Juan is cleared. Meinberg has a claim that he stopped the kill. I have been espousing Pig's towniness. Even if he weren't cleared by night actions, scum-Grandi would have had a hell of a time swinging a vote that way.
Scum-Grandi would have killed Meinberg or Juan. Or Pig if he were afraid of the doc protect stopping the kill. Hal would have been the one person I could have swung a case against.

That is a lovely defense, I fully expect to get lynched today.

It is literally impossible to be anyone other than me or meinberg so that makes my vote easy.
I wish I still had my vig :(
##vote Meinberg

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ooh, one more lovely defense.

Me shooting f_v.

And her not dying. If I wanted to hard bus a teammate, I only had to hard bus her. Wasting the vig wasn't needed if I were scum. I got an equal amount of town cred by shooting her and failing and then having to get her lynched, than if I had just crusaded for her lynch. Then I could have had a vig in end game. And scum-grandi would have loved a vig in endgame.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Wow, this is hard.

I like your latest posts, Grandi.

You also mentioned Hal being a suboptimal kill, I agree. But who could it have benefited?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Meinberg, could you tell us what actions you did every day? Also you didn't have an action on N0 or did you?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
So nobody died Night 4.

And Meinberg claimed to have protected me. Were there any other good claims? I don't think so.

It's hard for me to go for Meinberg if he's the only person who has claimed any sort of protective role this game.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Hal didn't seem to suspect Meinberg at all, so he doesn't make sense that he'd be the nightkill choice.

Hal did seem to suspect Cpig..

maybe we should no lynch?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Juanito posted:

Meinberg, could you tell us what actions you did every day? Also you didn't have an action on N0 or did you?

N0 I had nothing.
N1 I protected Somber.
N2 I investigate Somber.
N3 I protected Hal.
N4 I protected Juanito.
N5 I investigated Juanito.

Both of my investigations came up with World-alignments.

CPig most likely could not have performed a kill last night, since he sent you a message which you can verify.

I really think that Grandicap is the guy.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Juanito posted:

Hal didn't seem to suspect Meinberg at all, so he doesn't make sense that he'd be the nightkill choice.

Hal did seem to suspect Cpig..

maybe we should no lynch?

Hal makes sense if Meinberg wanted to keep up the facade of being a doc who doc'd you. But he claimed to investigate you so that doesn't make sense either. Pig makes sense as a kill scum-Grandi would make, but Hal doesn't make much sense as anyone. Juan, you pretty much were the correct kill choice. If scum were afraid you were a doc target (which they weren't because they were the doc), then Hal and Pig make equal amounts of sense to a not me scum, and Pig makes more sense as a Grandi-scum. A Meinberg-kill also makes more sense than a Hal kill to Grandi scum because of how I have to contort to make a Meinberg case.

Also, why would Meinberg investigate you? If he protected you 2 nights ago then he knew you were the kill target and an investigation is moot.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Grandicap posted:

Also, why would Meinberg investigate you? If he protected you 2 nights ago then he knew you were the kill target and an investigation is moot.

It's entirely that scum Juanito could have withheld, and Juanito has never been investigated by anyone. If I got a scum result, then today would have been easy to wrap up.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Meinberg (1): Grandicap
Grandicap (1): Meinberg

Not Voting (2): CapitalistPig, Juanito

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 19th, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 21 minutes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Y'all should post

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CPig, I'd like to hear your thoughts in specific.

Juanito, we probably could no lynch today. I'm still fairly confident that it is Grandicap.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

buh whatever have another half hour i guess

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am torn between meinberg and Grandicap atm

I think I'm leaning more toward ##vote grandicap

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Grandicap (2): Meinberg, CapitalistPig
Meinberg (1): Grandicap

Not Voting (1): Juanito

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 19th, 2014 at 7 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Day 6 has ended. It is now Night 6. Day 7 will begin ASAP.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Emotions running high, sanity running ragged. The goddamn World is worth saving...isn't it? You all reconvene for another day of hell.

It is now Day 7.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Not Voting (4): CapitalistPig, Grandicap, Juanito, Meinberg

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I feel better about meinberg today

##vote grandicap

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Why?

Also what happens if we continue to nolynch and the scum withholds like a scaredy cat?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Juanito posted:

Why?

Also what happens if we continue to nolynch and the scum withholds like a scaredy cat?

Because I don't think scum would withhold a kill, I think meinberg is the angel and blocked the kill.

The op said there were some roles that would be a certain alignment no matter what. The angel wouldn't make sense as scum because it's the doctor character in AW and it would make no sense whatsoever for it to have any other ability than being a doc in mafia and I don't think foo would make the angel some kind of weird scum power, and a doc is a terrible scum power, plus one scum already flipped bp scum having a doc and a bp would be stupid.

I playbookcopped meinberg last night and he is the angel.

SO I know I'm town, I'm 98% sure meinberg is and I'm 80% sure you are.

That leaves grandi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Meinberg had already claimed angel, I think, or at least I saw it on a list of everybody's roles.

But yeah, it does kind of make sense..

• Locked thread