Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

OmegaBR posted:

I seem to recall hearing about how joshi training in the dojos and such were under strict rules, a key one being no boys, and that led to lesbianism.

Yep, they took the page straight out of the idol singer rulebook. Still, as noted in this hilariously translated 2012 interview with 80s joshi megastars Lioness Asuka and Chigusa Nagayo of the Crush Gals, those rules often got broken. I'm guessing it's like how John Cena never gets busted for Wellness Policy violations. Or maybe the tabloids just never cared enough to get incriminating photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/513356299707633664

quote:

BREAKING NEWS: @WWE Superstar Roman Reigns undergoes emergency surgery. Details: http://wwe.me/BIMr2 @WWERomanReigns

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

It's an Incarcerated Hernia, which, of all the hernias you can get is one that requires immediate surgery. It can cause tissue to die and gangrene to set in (If it becomes strangulated). It's nasty stuff and I can't see him coming back to wrestle for NoC.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Who us Seth Rollins going to fight now? Brie?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

waffle iron posted:

It depends if Stephanie is too distracted to make that match before showtime or not.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

waffle iron posted:

Bray Wyatt!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
WWE is furiously on trip advisor right now seeing if they can get Dean Ambrose on a plane ASAP.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well it's a good thing they already had the blowoff to that feud on a random Raw.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Are you talking about Ambrose/Rollins? Because curbstomping Ambrose into a pile of concrete blocks with the help of Kane isn't a feud-ender, that's just gonna piss Ambrose off more.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

armoredgorilla posted:

Are you talking about Ambrose/Rollins? Because curbstomping Ambrose into a pile of concrete blocks with the help of Kane isn't a feud-ender, that's just gonna piss Ambrose off more.

Reigns/Rollins

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Sucks he got injured, but Ambrose will take his place so I'm fine with that

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

At this point I just assume it's related to the video game.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

You know what they say about assuming things in pro wrestling:

You're more than likely right because it's pretty predictable

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
How long till the spear winds up a banned maneuver due to the self-harm that everyone that seems to have it as a finisher/transition move inflicts upon themselves.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

When spears are outlawed, only Billy Gunn will do spears.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If this leads to Ambrose taking Reigns's place, as unfortunate as it is for Reigns that's fantastic timing for Ambrose. Bryan pretty much only got his main event push because Cena was injured, now Ambrose is the only one who makes sense in Reigns's spot with Reigns as Next Gen Cena. He's already over like crazy.

Not that I think they'll ever push Ambrose the way they've pushed Cena and they're going to push Reigns, but high on the card at least. Ambrose could reach Punk level easily.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

If only WWE were that freaked out about Reigns's injury to do this.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Solomonic posted:

At this point I just assume it's related to the video game.

It is. The earlier WWE tweet was about the gameplay trailer for the game. That'll be the same thing.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Oh TNA.....

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

That Austin guy is 100% correct.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

quote:

johnny blast @thejohnnyblast · 6h
I just set the worlds record for consecutive bowls of potato soup eaten with one hundred thirthteen #ugh #mygut #spudboy

Johnny Blast, forever a champion

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Johnny Blast, forever a champion

He's gotta challenge Norton for the pancake record.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

OmegaBR posted:

Oh TNA.....

"When choosing a phone, your options are between an iPhone and a dog's dick that we drew a picture of a phone on."

edit to clarify: TNA is the dog's dick, not Samsung.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 22, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I love that tweet because it necessitates TNA admitting they're the B-team.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

TNA admits they're the minor leagues every time they mention WWE

BigT
Oct 22, 2004

Cardboard Box posted:

TNA admits they're the minor leagues every time they mention WWE

TNA giving themselves way too much credit here.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I love that tweet because it necessitates TNA admitting they're the B-team.

Except in the phone analogy, they're, I dunno, Blackberry? Yes, they're below Windows Phone and the loving Amazon smartphone.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Except in the phone analogy, they're, I dunno, Blackberry? Yes, they're below Windows Phone and the loving Amazon smartphone.

Blackberry specfically targets and appeals to people in business. They're Windows Phone for sure.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Blackberry specfically targets and appeals to people in business. They're Windows Phone for sure.

...but I have a Windows phone... :smith:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

...but I have a Windows phone... :smith:

THIS IS MOBILE clap clap clapclapclap

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012
TNA is a rotary phone on a pole.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
TNA is two cans held together by string.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

TNA is two cans held together by string.

They're two cans that were at one point maybe possibly held together by a string, but after checking that string has never actually been connecting those two cans.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hey, I've got one.

TNA is poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

as an IT service provider to medium sized businesses, Blackberry is expensive garbage. Kinda like TNA.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

TheJoker138 posted:

They're two cans that were at one point maybe possibly held together by a string, but after checking that string has never actually been connecting those two cans.

TNA is a courier pigeon, but it's lame or stuffed or pecks it's Japanese partner pidgeons or something, I don't know.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
So basically TNA has recorded shows for November which spoil the result of their upcoming signature PPV, which is being held in a country where every wrestling fan who cares to go to a TNA show will have read up on the spoiler? Neat.

e: Oops wrong thread.

Shine fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shine posted:

So basically TNA has recorded shows for November which spoil the result of their upcoming signature PPV, which is being held in a country where every wrestling fan who cares to go to a TNA show will have read up on the spoiler? Neat.

again!